Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 86211 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #138: Jun 05, 2017 07:28:05 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-star-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-10560436

Why am I not surprised? Agent talks for a new contract, blah blah, yada yada...bam! New 6 figure contract...
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #139: Jun 10, 2017 11:39:50 pm
      Not sure how reliable the Express is, but they are running a story stating that LFC is willing to match the Arse 40M valuation... I personally believe that he would be a great addition to the team. Likely an alternative to Keita which Leipzip has no intention to sell given their stated ambition to dethrone Bayern.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #140: Jun 12, 2017 09:31:52 pm

Since we using Squawka as a source - did you know: they rate Eriksen 3rd [behind Hazard & Sanchez]... Oxlade Chamblerlain? 89th.

I cant see what all the noise and fuss is all about.

Don't rate him at all.

PS

Saw an interesting article today of which English players have a current transfer value higher than Messi or Ladyboy.

Neymar was top ...  followed by Dele Alli in 2nd and Kane 3rd

Makes you think ....or cringe ....whichever .

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #141: Jun 12, 2017 09:50:07 pm
      Not sure how reliable the Express is, but they are running a story stating that LFC is willing to match the Arse 40M valuation... I personally believe that he would be a great addition to the team. Likely an alternative to Keita which Leipzip has no intention to sell given their stated ambition to dethrone Bayern.

He is NOT an alternative to Keita, and he is honestly NOT worth that money. But who are we kidding? This transfer market has become a F***ing joke!

Having said that, he would definitely be a very good squad option. Just hope that Hendo and him are not injured at the same damn time.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #142: Jun 14, 2017 07:11:18 am
      He is NOT an alternative to Keita, and he is honestly NOT worth that money. But who are we kidding? This transfer market has become a f**king joke!

Having said that, he would definitely be a very good squad option. Just hope that Hendo and him are not injured at the same damn time.

Why? Do we not have enough tables in the med room for both Ox and Hendo together (with one being taken by Sturridge of course)? ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #143: Jun 14, 2017 08:22:03 am
      Oxlade-Chamberlain; eh?

Just as well we managed that top 4: otherwise we would have bother attracting players of this calibre. 😁

Seriously tho; yes we know that he's a product of Southampton FC but even then, there's no way we are interested in this goat: we just can't be. 😯

I have scored as many PL goals [in 2017] as him FFS. 😁
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2017 08:28:12 am by bad boy bubby »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #144: Jun 14, 2017 08:22:34 am
      The idea of him playing central midfield for anyone should just get fu**ed off especially after his performance in Paris last night. Seems Wenger has been right playing him where he has been playing him. Also hope we're not that arsed about signing him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: Jun 14, 2017 09:06:58 am
      I honestly didn't even know he was on the pitch. Did he really start? :D He got the piss taken out of him all night if so.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #146: Jun 14, 2017 09:17:59 am
      No no no no no no no
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #147: Jun 14, 2017 10:03:33 am
      I honestly didn't even know he was on the pitch. Did he really start? :D He got the piss taken out of him all night if so.

Knew he was on the pitch as he kept gifting the ball away around his own box. Only positive thing he done was get the ball in his face at the end.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #148: Jun 14, 2017 10:16:31 am
      Knew he was on the pitch as he kept gifting the ball away around his own box. Only positive thing he done was get the ball in his face at the end.

I hope the ball made a full recovery.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #149: Jun 14, 2017 11:46:49 am

Don't see him being any better than what we already have, would he improve us?  Debatable,  too much to spend on a average injury prone player who may or may not improve us,
      There are better out there who at a similar price could have a bigger impact possibly cheaper, not for me, thanks but
      NO THANKS!!!

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #150: Jun 14, 2017 12:06:32 pm
      About as useful in midfield as Moreno as a LB.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #151: Jun 14, 2017 12:13:02 pm
      I can see him becoming the next Gerrard in Midfield for us.....

....in FM, after increasing his stats on FM editor.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #152: Jun 14, 2017 12:33:10 pm
      Don't see him being any better than what we already have, would he improve us?  Debatable,  too much to spend on a average injury prone player who may or may not improve us,
      There are better out there who at a similar price could have a bigger impact possibly cheaper, not for me, thanks but
      NO THANKS!!!

YNWA

He improves our squad, definitely. He's a better option from the bench that what we had available last season.

Does he improve our first 11? I think it's fair to say he doesn't.

So it's a weird one this. If we signed him for less than 10m I think it would be an excellent buy. If we signed him for something ridiculous like 40m (especially with one year left on his deal) bearing in mind he doesn't necessarily walk into our starting line up then it would be a tragic buy!

Anything below 15m = decent signing.  Anything above = poor business.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #153: Jun 14, 2017 02:01:40 pm
      He improves our squad, definitely. He's a better option from the bench that what we had available last season.

Does he improve our first 11? I think it's fair to say he doesn't.

So it's a weird one this. If we signed him for less than 10m I think it would be an excellent buy. If we signed him for something ridiculous like 40m (especially with one year left on his deal) bearing in mind he doesn't necessarily walk into our starting line up then it would be a tragic buy!

Anything below 15m = decent signing.  Anything above = poor business.

Have to agree, he's not a walk in player but I suppose from the bench he would add something we didn't have last season, like yourself I wouldn't pay above the £15m you quoted, i'd rather we spend money on a player who would take us up a level, a shoe in top class in your face b***ard, willing to smash through a concrete wall, a Souness / Mcmahon don't F**k with us kinda b***ard you understand ?

YNWA 
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #154: Jun 14, 2017 06:42:31 pm

I just keep thinking

we ... must ... aim ... higher.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #155: Jun 15, 2017 08:31:10 am
      I just keep thinking

we ... must ... aim ... higher.

That is what Jack Balmer said when he kicked the ball over the bar, a thing he was quite adept at doing.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #156: Jun 15, 2017 10:10:49 am
      Quick question. If the Ox had four years left on his current deal rather than just the one, would we be interested?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #157: Jun 15, 2017 10:40:17 am
      Quick question. If the Ox had four years left on his current deal rather than just the one, would we be interested?

Only if the Arse would let him go on a free.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #158: Jun 15, 2017 10:41:31 am

I wouldn't be.

I just don't think he's that good in the position he wants to play in (centre mid), he wouldn't get into our starting 11 out wide, he's injury prone and I hate how he blackmailed Wenger basically by saying "start me or I'm leaving". None of the other top managers would stand for that sh*t but because Wenger likes him he caved in.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #159: Jun 15, 2017 07:14:09 pm

Have to agree, he's not a walk in player but I suppose from the bench he would add something we didn't have last season, like yourself I wouldn't pay above the £15m you quoted, i'd rather we spend money on a player who would take us up a level, a shoe in top class in your face b***ard, willing to smash through a concrete wall, a Souness / Mcmahon don't f**k with us kinda b***ard you understand ?

YNWA 

Souness/McMahon. 😳😳😳😳😳

Those two shouldn't be mentioned in the same book, let alone the same sentence.
      McMahon was comparatively crap. Wasn't very good compared to anyone if that era. Piss poor if you ask me, and the standard of player that became synonymous with our demise !
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #160: Jun 15, 2017 09:09:14 pm
      I cant see what all the noise and fuss is all about.

Don't rate him at all.

PS

Saw an interesting article today of which English players have a current transfer value higher than Messi or Ladyboy.

Neymar was top ...  followed by Dele Alli in 2nd and Kane 3rd

Makes you think ....or cringe ....whichever .

and after the international v France it bears it out.

Must do better .

Quick Reply