Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 86245 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #184: Jun 20, 2017 01:32:04 am
      Not sure how that even happens, are they watching a different player to me?!

Probably as someone else said, conveniently being drip fed to SSN by his agent to get a better deal at Arsenal.

We'll be only monitoring as per anyway ;)
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #185: Jun 20, 2017 06:28:33 am
      I don't want OX. He's an okay player that gets talked about as being much more valuable than he really is. Anything Ox is good at Lallana is better. If he wasn't English he would be valued at under 10 mil. Pass
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #186: Jun 20, 2017 06:31:13 am
      Mentioning us, City and Chelsea all in the running to sign Chamberlain on SSN

Have to be his agent pimping him out so ox can get a better deal. 
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,515 posts | 1507 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #187: Jun 20, 2017 04:27:21 pm
      I really hope we don't sign the guy

Just don't rate him at all
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #188: Jun 20, 2017 05:52:38 pm
      Has more gash games than not. With what I have seen, not for me.

HOWEVER I felt the same when we went in for Gini, and I was well and truly proven wrong there, so if it is true, maybe Klopp and the boys see something different.

(Or he could be our bee left back experiment for shits and gigs 😉)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #189: Jun 24, 2017 11:07:15 am
      I like the Ox. Wouldn't mind him rocking up here. Very experienced for 23. Injury problems an issue though!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #190: Jun 24, 2017 12:00:06 pm
      I personally think he would be a fantastic signing
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #191: Jun 24, 2017 01:02:45 pm
      I like the Ox. Wouldn't mind him rocking up here. Very experienced for 23. Injury problems an issue though!

To be honest I'm not that fussed about him and his injury problems are not what we need. We need to try our best to buy players with good injury records rather than add to the problems we already have with the injury histories of certain current players.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #192: Jun 24, 2017 01:21:03 pm
      If his price were lower maybe, but we can better spend that money elsewhere.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #193: Jun 24, 2017 02:10:55 pm
      Not for me, not consistent or good enough for that matter.

fully agree.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #194: Jun 24, 2017 03:28:01 pm
      Don't rate him, but you can see it coming a mile away he's the "backup" plan to Keita. So I suppose we will sign him for an inflated fee.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #195: Jun 24, 2017 03:41:53 pm
      To be honest I'm not that fussed about him and his injury problems are not what we need. We need to try our best to buy players with good injury records rather than add to the problems we already have with the injury histories of certain current players.

Pretty much how I feel about this one, too. I don't think it will happen thankfully.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #196: Jun 24, 2017 04:39:30 pm
      The Independent goes with Arsenal are ready to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain to LFC with the midfielder amongst 7 players to be sold.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-liverpool-giroud-wilshere-bellerin-arsene-wenger-a7804351.html
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #197: Jun 24, 2017 05:48:29 pm
      Arse targeting Goretzka. Could this be the way out for him? Or they could be just replacing Cazorla or Wilshere if they decide to sell the latter
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #198: Jun 24, 2017 06:41:43 pm
      Arse targeting Goretzka. Could this be the way out for him? Or they could be just replacing Cazorla or Wilshere if they decide to sell the latter

If this is the case then why don't we just go for Goretzka? I'd rather have a player who is clearly on the up rather than someone who has been treading water their entire career. Especially when you look at the sort of money being bandied about.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #199: Jun 24, 2017 06:42:33 pm

If this is the case then why don't we just go for Goretzka? I'd rather have a player who is clearly on the up rather than someone who has been treading water their entire career. Especially when you look at the sort of money being bandied about.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #200: Jun 24, 2017 08:36:37 pm
      I have been reading they want 25 mil for him, for what? And to making this even more crazy I think he only has one year left. :lmao:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #201: Jun 24, 2017 08:55:38 pm
      I'd rather give Ejaria some minutes than wasting our time with Ox.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,198 posts | 1275 
      Reply #202: Jun 24, 2017 09:22:54 pm
      I admit I like him and I think he would suit Liverpool. And for £20 million, that's okay in this market.

But injuries are a huge obstacle on this one. I fear he'd become the midfield version of Sturridge, in that he has a role to play, potentially much bigger, but injuries constantly set him back.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #203: Jun 24, 2017 09:28:02 pm
      I think the lad is getting some unfair stick in here tbh, he might not be everybody's idea of an upgrade at CM but he's not a bad player and were it not for the injuries I think he would be further along the track than he is right now. I'd prefer we didn't go for a lad with such a poor injury record but in terms of talent and ability he is a good player. Must admit I prefer him in a wider role though however, as a CM he would offer something that we don't have at the moment and that's the ability to run directly at defences and commit players. Our lads are all tackle and pass it sideways sorts.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #204: Jun 24, 2017 09:44:11 pm
      I think the lad is getting some unfair stick in here tbh, he might not be everybody's idea of an upgrade at CM but he's not a bad player and were it not for the injuries I think he would be further along the track than he is right now. I'd prefer we didn't go for a lad with such a poor injury record but in terms of talent and ability he is a good player. Must admit I prefer him in a wider role though however, as a CM he would offer something that we don't have at the moment and that's the ability to run directly at defences and commit players. Our lads are all tackle and pass it sideways sorts.

I agree, but from what I have heard he want's to go nail down a position,,,he has been moved around so much at Arsenal he's never had a chance to really grow into a specific role and the way Jürgen likes flexibility I just find hard to see how he can be happy here as he will be used in various roles like Arsenal.

No problem with him being #4/5 in our midfield....helluva lot better than calling on Kev Stewart
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #205: Jun 24, 2017 10:10:28 pm
      I agree, but from what I have heard he want's to go nail down a position,,,he has been moved around so much at Arsenal he's never had a chance to really grow into a specific role and the way Jürgen likes flexibility I just find hard to see how he can be happy here as he will be used in various roles like Arsenal.

No problem with him being #4/5 in our midfield....helluva lot better than calling on Kev Stewart

Why would we pay 25m for a fourth or fifth option that's got a not so good injury record? Wait, I know.....I should ask Jürgen right?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #206: Jun 24, 2017 10:25:20 pm
      Why would we pay 25m for a fourth or fifth option that's got a not so good injury record? Wait, I know.....I should ask Jürgen right?

And for a player that's sh*t, don't forget that part.

Quick Reply