Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 86256 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #207: Jun 24, 2017 10:34:43 pm
      Why would we pay 25m for a fourth or fifth option that's got a not so good injury record? Wait, I know.....I should ask Jürgen right?

Well I suppose if we do get him it's because the manager wants him...doubt the club would be buying him if he never planned on using him...and yeah I am pretty sure you are right he would be a #2/3 option to Keita.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #208: Jun 25, 2017 05:51:05 am
      This rumour keeps hanging around like a bad penny.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #209: Jun 25, 2017 09:25:54 am
      This just doesn't make sense. He is leaving Arsenal to get regular time, how in the world will he get that with us. I can't see him starting any games for us unless for injuries or rotation. He should look to go to a mid table team like Everton or West Ham if he wants to be a regular.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #210: Jun 25, 2017 04:07:07 pm
      This just doesn't make sense. He is leaving Arsenal to get regular time, how in the world will he get that with us. I can't see him starting any games for us unless for injuries or rotation. He should look to go to a mid table team like Everton or West Ham if he wants to be a regular.

Agreed. It is weird. I wanted depth at midfield, but this one makes me scratch my head on both sides. The only way this makes sense is if we don't sign a left back and they are still worried about Hendo's health. If that's the case Milner will be at LB and since you cant play Couthino and Lallana at the same time against most teams he gives you some physicality and allows Can to still play forward.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #211: Jun 25, 2017 04:19:56 pm
      Well I think he's a good player, obviously just me.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #212: Jun 25, 2017 04:22:22 pm

Nope, u and Klopp. I'm not saying I hate the move, just that I find it odd. But if Klopp likes him who am I to second guess it? He has forgot more about football than I will ever know. Bring on the Ox!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #213: Jun 25, 2017 04:35:21 pm
      Who says Klopp likes him?

Paper talk? ITK's?

Why would Klopp want to waste 25m of our budget on a player that won't start even when/if he's healthy?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #214: Jun 25, 2017 04:57:31 pm
      Who says Klopp likes him?

Paper talk? ITK's?

Why would Klopp want to waste 25m of our budget on a player that won't start even when/if he's healthy?

If we sign him than I guess Klopp likes him. We wouldn't sign him if he didn't. We will find out soon enough, eh?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #215: Jun 26, 2017 08:45:21 am

I think he's a tidy player.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #216: Jun 26, 2017 09:50:11 am
      this player is not good enough.
      sub at best.

thats a lot of wong for a sub at best
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #217: Jun 26, 2017 11:01:23 am
      I don't know whether he's good enough or not but the money being talked about should go towards a Star striker instead IMHO.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #218: Jun 26, 2017 09:32:05 pm
      I don't know whether he's good enough or not but the money being talked about should go towards a Star striker instead IMHO.

You and me both homie.

I did hear an interesting suggestion on a padcast that claimed we could be signing him up to be a short term utility and Lallanas successor in the long term. Intringuing thought if nothing more.

He is a good player, and most wouldn't mind getting him if his price wasn't so high. We all find it odd that he wants to leave a club due to his role not being significant enough only to come to us and have the same problem. However, if he played mid field and LB like this podcast suggest then I could see his interest in us. Maybe he just wants to get on the pitch and help a club and will do anything to make it happen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #219: Jun 26, 2017 09:48:07 pm
      You and me both homie.

I did hear an interesting suggestion on a padcast that claimed we could be signing him up to be a short term utility and Lallanas successor in the long term. Intringuing thought if nothing more.

He is a good player, and most wouldn't mind getting him if his price wasn't so high. We all find it odd that he wants to leave a club due to his role not being significant enough only to come to us and have the same problem. However, if he played mid field and LB like this podcast suggest then I could see his interest in us. Maybe he just wants to get on the pitch and help a club and will do anything to make it happen.

Be very interesting if he was coming in more to play the wing-back role. The improvement in our attacking play against the bus parkers in that case would be dramatic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #220: Jun 26, 2017 10:18:24 pm

Yup me too. No problem signing him - he's a game changer and has caused us problems over the years.

Like a younger, quicker Milner with a bit more flair.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #221: Jun 26, 2017 10:28:08 pm
      Be very interesting if he was coming in more to play the wing-back role. The improvement in our attacking play against the bus parkers in that case would be dramatic.

Dats rite. He is a young kid who would add some physicality that Lallana doesn't have. Adam is older and I could see us moving him next year when his extension kicks in. Adam and Phillip aren't going to play at the same as much as many think. We lose too much physicality when they do. I'm up for a kid like this that could add things to a few different positions
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,190 posts | 4405 
      Reply #222: Jun 26, 2017 10:43:18 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #223: Jun 26, 2017 10:52:05 pm
      The lad is worth the fee, England international who will offer us a other attacking dimension.

Yes from me.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #224: Jun 26, 2017 10:59:06 pm
      Have our midfield suddenly turned into world beaters? I'm not saying Ox is necessarily the answer but it's not like he couldn't have offered something had he been an LFC player last season. Particularly given the way we struggled to break down the bus parkers. In those games we saw the likes of Can, Gigi, Lucas and Henderson getting plenty of the ball and doing fook all with it but pass it sideways. They looked bang average and we were so one dimensional it was untrue in those games. Least Ox can beat a player and break the lines and give something different.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2017 09:27:34 am by Scottbot »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #225: Jun 26, 2017 11:10:23 pm
      The lad is worth the fee, England international who will offer us a other attacking dimension.

Yes from me.

I genuinely worry about the injuries but I don't know if that's through his body not being able to handle it or if it's the Arsenal medical staff just not cutting it. Either way, I don't think I'd like to see us pay £25m - and whatever in wages - to find out. He's missed 77 games in the last 4 seasons (average of 19.25 per season). Just for comparison sake Sturridge has missed an average of 23.75 games per season over the last 4 years.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #226: Jun 26, 2017 11:21:05 pm
      I genuinely worry about the injuries but I don't know if that's through his body not being able to handle it or if it's the Arsenal medical staff just not cutting it. Either way, I don't think I'd like to see us pay £25m - and whatever in wages - to find out. He's missed 77 games in the last 4 seasons (average of 19.25 per season). Just for comparison sake Sturridge has missed an average of 23.75 games per season over the last 4 years.

I have softened my stance on him a great deal, especially if he comes in willing to be a utility player. The injuries are a major concern though. Thanks for the break down
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #227: Jun 26, 2017 11:32:40 pm
      I have softened my stance on him a great deal, especially if he comes in willing to be a utility player. The injuries are a major concern though. Thanks for the break down

He's done nothing but kick up a fuss about not starting as much as he'd like at Arsenal though.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #228: Jun 26, 2017 11:49:05 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2454 
      Reply #229: Jun 26, 2017 11:53:49 pm
      F**k sake, hope this isn't actually the case!

It is mate.

He's the second choice target after Keite.

At a third of the price.

Makes FSG sense.

Quick Reply