Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 89085 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #506: Aug 30, 2017 01:52:25 pm
      Makes you wonder though who from the club is talking to which club since we have multiple deals in progress simultaneously.

It appears we spent the last 2 months cloning Michael Edward.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #507: Aug 30, 2017 01:54:38 pm
      In which case wait until Sept 1st and then start your moaning.

Oh I have seen a few Sep 1(s) in the recent past. One such epic Sep 1 is when we started a season with only one striker (Suarez, who thankfully, did not get injured for half a season). So, do I have your permission to "moan" about the past?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #508: Aug 30, 2017 01:58:15 pm
      Oh I have seen a few Sep 1(s) in the recent past. One such epic Sep 1 is when we started a season with only one striker (Suarez, who thankfully, did not get injured for half a season). So, do I have your permission to "moan" about the past?

Carry on, I'm sure FL will be along soon to join in  :lmao:

Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #509: Aug 30, 2017 02:01:48 pm
      Shame lallanas injured if we sign ox and VVD we could field a team with more Southampton apps than the Southampton team do ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #510: Aug 30, 2017 02:10:00 pm
      A superb squad option?

Last January when we were struggling like f**k for options I'd have loved an Oxlade Chamberlain as an option.

People talk about his goals.. . He's never been used right by Wenger, he's been in and Out, on for a few minutes at a time never really had a run.

A change of scenery with a new manager who will judge him with fresh eyes may well kick him on miles.. . He will suit the way we play,  we are a brilliant counter attacking team, Arsenal aren't really especially in recent years.. his pace on those attacks like Salah and Mane either from wide or centrally will give us another option and I think he'd thrive under that type of football.

As for holding until January, maybe arsenal won't wait and lose him for nothing..  I certainly don't mind spending now if it gives us options In a season  that is going to be more full in  terms of fixtures than last year..
      Why always wait when the time should be now not next year or the year after.

I genuinely think this kid will improve and  kick on under Klopp  and people will be glad we made the move.. If if we do

I respect your point about Wenger not using him right. Maybe the player will benefit from a change of manager
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #511: Aug 30, 2017 02:15:27 pm
      Interesting how this thread's negativity was very heavily geared towards his cost (initially).

I remember Jürgen calling him out in an interview after we played them last couple seasons. Something along the lines of "oh my god look at the quality in the team - they have the Ox and he's top drawer".......I'm paraphrasing but it was like that.

As a consequence it's always been in my head the boss fancied working with him......
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 02:30:09 pm by Scotia »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #512: Aug 30, 2017 02:17:01 pm
      Carry on, I'm sure FL will be along soon to join in  :lmao:

Why do you keep taking shots at me? I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to be worried right now that we aren't going to get deals over the line considering there's about a day left in this window to do so and we are currently trying to make up to three deals happen.

Go back and see how long it took us to get Salah and see if you are so optimistic.

Go back and check out some of our other deadline day dealings and tell me that people don't have valid concerns.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #513: Aug 30, 2017 02:28:09 pm
      Just wonder if he played sh*te on Sunday as a sweetner.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #514: Aug 30, 2017 02:31:18 pm
      Would love Ox at the club, offers us another threat dynamic and it'll keep Mane,Salah on their toes for competition, he is a must for me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #515: Aug 30, 2017 02:49:16 pm
      I've said it before but I like the Ox, he was awful on Saturday though!

He's versatile so will get games here. Perhaps half the league games and all the cup matches.

I think a late influx of signings could really give us a shot at a domestic cup this season. With a bigger squad we can compete an all fronts and really close that gap between the starting XI and the players pushing to get into it.

Lemar, Ox and VVD and we can start making a real challenge for honours without fear of injuries and suspensions killing us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #516: Aug 30, 2017 02:49:57 pm
      Why do you keep taking shots at me? I don't think it's unreasonable for anyone to be worried right now that we aren't going to get deals over the line considering there's about a day left in this window to do so and we are currently trying to make up to three deals happen.

Go back and see how long it took us to get Salah and see if you are so optimistic.

Go back and check out some of our other deadline day dealings and tell me that people don't have valid concerns.

End of May and all through the course of June I heard the same things almost daily

LB being either Sessegnon or Robertson
      Ox
      Salah
      Keita
      VVD

These are the names of the players the manager wanted...in terms of Ox & Keita the rumors go back as far as Feb/Mar in my memory.; there were no plan B's and we have remained linked with these players all along the window.

Lemar bid?...Opportunistic?  Preparing for Coutinho leaving and spending some of the Keita cash now?...I don't know...the only thing I do know for sure is the names above have been the same names for 3 months and have not really moved.

Worried? Only on VVD and that is because I think it is the weakest area of the squad; the rest is telling me that the manager is getting what he wanted so far albeit, having to wait next season for Keita.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #517: Aug 30, 2017 02:51:15 pm

He's versatile so will get games here. Perhaps half the league games and all the cup matches.

I think a late influx of signings could really give us a shot at a domestic cup this season. With a bigger squad we can compete an all fronts and really close that gap between the starting XI and the players pushing to get into it.

Lemar, Ox and VVD and we can start making a real challenge for honours without fear of injuries and suspensions killing us.

Bloody hell how many midfielders do you feel we need to be able to challenge, remember that we also have Coutinho and Lallana.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #518: Aug 30, 2017 02:53:17 pm

Saturday?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #519: Aug 30, 2017 03:04:41 pm
      Ox can get lost, I'm not having ox and losing Coutinho. It is Suarez for Lambert allover again.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #520: Aug 30, 2017 03:19:47 pm
      Ox can get lost, I'm not having ox and losing Coutinho. It is Suarez for Lambert allover again.

Have you told Klopp this, it would be just horrid if he accidentally upsets you ;-)
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,012 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #521: Aug 30, 2017 03:28:14 pm

Where do you get he is coming to replace Coutinho? Even if we were so sell Coutinho (and so far there is no indication of that happening) he won't be his substitute, in fact if Coutinho was going to Barcelona we'd be all over Lemar and Barcelona wouldn't be after him.

I get you don't rate him -I honestly don't think he is that good- but for the alleged ‎£30m that were offered doesn't seem like a bad deal to strengthen the squad.

Maybe waiting to sign him for free would be a good option but there is no guarantee that he'll be available in a year.   
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #522: Aug 30, 2017 03:41:44 pm
      Couldn't give two fucks about whether he went to Chelsea or not but if we were to buy him on the condition that no one else went out then that looks a good bit of business. But paying 35-40m for him in his last year of contract is not worth it. Would have to improve drastically to challenge Mane, Salah, Lallana etc though and judging by the efforts of the Arsenal team on Sunday entering the training ground at Melwood will probably be something of a baptism of fire for him.

That said, it's great to hear how desperate he is to play for Liverpool and work for Klopp, rejecting the chance to play for Chelsea and Conte in the process. That's indicative of the fine work Jürgen has done at this club to have surpassed Arsenal in a little under two years (and how Arsenal have declined) and want their players coming to play for us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #523: Aug 30, 2017 03:52:36 pm
      Couldn't give two fucks about whether he went to Chelsea or not but if we were to buy him on the condition that no one else went out then that looks a good bit of business. But paying 35-40m for him in his last year of contract is not worth it. Would have to improve drastically to challenge Mane, Salah, Lallana etc though and judging by the efforts of the Arsenal team on Sunday entering the training ground at Melwood will probably be something of a baptism of fire for him.

That said, it's great to hear how desperate he is to play for Liverpool and work for Klopp, rejecting the chance to play for Chelsea and Conte in the process. That's indicative of the fine work Jürgen has done at this club to have surpassed Arsenal in a little under two years (and how Arsenal have declined) and want their players coming to play for us.

Not too fussed with the price myself....when I see Ox I look at last January when klopp would turn to the bench and see Woodburn and Ejaria as his options...to me that is what he is...someone who at worst would provide an option and at best could grow into a more prominent role.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #524: Aug 30, 2017 04:51:18 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #525: Aug 30, 2017 05:19:36 pm
      https://twitter.com/colossalsportsm/status/902926937726885888

Seems to suggest this is AOC's agency, no idea if it is but...
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #526: Aug 30, 2017 05:20:32 pm
      All my pals saying he's having a medical right now
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #527: Aug 30, 2017 05:22:52 pm
      All my pals saying he's having a medical right now

Looks very much like it!

This will be number 3 in the bag from the 4 that Jürgen started the window wanting, now to get VvD!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #528: Aug 30, 2017 05:27:29 pm

Nah ... Coutinho isn't good enough to lace Suarez's boots and Oxlade-Chamberlain is miles better than Lambert.

I'm not sure he's been signed to replace Coutinho though - I think we'll have them both come the end of the week

Quick Reply