Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool Under Investigation by Premier League for tapping up

Read 7828 times
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Re: Liverpool Under Investigation by Premier League for tapping up
      Reply #46: Apr 06, 2017 08:07:41 pm
      Probably the academy staff and scouting teams who spend a lot of time and energy trying to improve this Football Club!

As for the ban and punishment it seems fair to me and I only hope that the family In question were compensated in some way!

Yeh , but what difference is it gona make ?
      Maybe we'll start buying decent 1st teamers now.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #47: Apr 11, 2017 11:06:10 pm
      just read that the club tried to get the father to lie to prem leavue investigators.  if that is true, i am disappointed with the club. all for what? 50k? 

edit.  we got a 1yr ban on buying young players and fined 100k.   so now we have a black eye. cant find kids for 1 yr and spent more than the 49k.    hopefully club learn from this
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2017 11:47:04 pm by DaktionLFC »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Apr 11, 2017 11:55:50 pm
      Good. Good for English football, good for Liverpool FC long-term.

The amount of top PL clubs that are stock-piling kids just for the sake of it is stupid. To think our club is doing anything shady is embarrassing, and anyone who says anything like "this is modern football" you can f*ck right off because we should be above all that.

If we're not, as it seems, then shame on us. Add this to the long pile of shitty antics that's gone on behind the scenes at LFC.

Stock piling ?

The Chavs have been hoovering up players and now have 30 (thirty!) out on loan .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: Apr 12, 2017 10:09:08 am
      How can represtatives of this club been so f***in stupid, yes it has gone on elsewhere but that's no excuse,

It matters not a jot there was a rule change during the "tapping up' process the fact remains LFC reneged on the deal they made with those parents,

It left them 5k in debt,  and perhaps far worse left the poor lad in limbo,
      Now we can't sign other young kids for 12 months,  are out of pocket with fines and could still face further financial penalties imminently,

So who exactly is responsible for this absolute outrage?
      Names have been mentioned but are they solely responsible or does it go further up the chain,

Whatever, whoever needs serious reprimanding, the club itself should do its upmost to appease the family concerned,  only then can we put this to bed!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #50: Apr 16, 2017 12:39:47 am
      Stupid, whoever sanctioned this should be sent packing. Just because other clubs do it doesn't make it ok for us to do it. Let's be better than that.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Apr 16, 2017 12:48:26 am
      Stupid, whoever sanctioned this should be sent packing. Just because other clubs do it doesn't make it ok for us to do it. Let's be better than that.

Lets hope we learn our lesson and not repeat this again.  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #52: Apr 16, 2017 07:08:45 am

Once upon a time, before the Premier League era, Liverpool FC was a renowned example of class and professionalism. With John Smith at the helm and Peter Robinson by his side, the club steered well clear of scandal and impropriety. Those days are gone now but I'm sure I'm not alone here amongst supporters of a certain age who remember those days with fondness. We also won some cups too!  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #53: Apr 16, 2017 09:52:07 am
      Once upon a time, before the Premier League era, Liverpool FC was a renowned example of class and professionalism. With John Smith at the helm and Peter Robinson by his side, the club steered well clear of scandal and impropriety. Those days are gone now but I'm sure I'm not alone here amongst supporters of a certain age who remember those days with fondness. We also won some cups too!  ;D

Count me in Peter Robinson was the best secretary this club ever had.we started our success in 1959 when T.V.Williams appointed a certain William Shankly as our manager .He appointed Peter Robinson secretary as well.I have said many times our downfall started when John Smith sold his shareholding to Moores. Prior to Moores this club was a total success.

Quick Reply