Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : West Brom v Liverpool : Sunday 16th April 1.30pm

Read 8577 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : West Brom v Liverpool : Sunday 16th April 1.30pm
      Apr 13, 2017 11:13:13 am
      Just the thought of playing against a Pulis team makes me nervous like no other team.

Even though the Baggies are safe from relegation and have nothing to play for you just know that bald headed dinosaur loves nothing more than putting one over on one of the foreign managers.

More than any other game we are going to have concentrate on all set pieces and in fact make sure we don't give away any needless free kicks.

We are a better footballing team man to man so just play our game and don't make any defensive errors we should be ok, easy said with LFC!

Personally I'm not a big fan of the three at the back and in fact our CB's don't seem to offer us any more protection than the two at the back so hoping we start with Matip and Lovren, Klavan should be no where near the first team.
      Doesn't look like Lallana will be back so maybe Lucas with his aerial ability might be an option in midfield alongside Can and Gini.

The Brazilians should be fully rested and ready to start. I would start with Divock and bring on Danny for the second half.

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Gini

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Origi
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2017 07:51:45 am by RedPuppy »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Pre Match : West Bron v Liverpool : Sunday 16th April 1.00pm
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2017 11:20:15 am
      I am going for a cautious 2-1 to us.

BTW: We are playing West Brom not West Bron. I am sure we can win against West Bron quite easily. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre Match : West Brom v Liverpool : Sunday 16th April 1.00pm
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2017 11:41:50 am
      I am going for a cautious 2-1 to us.

BTW: We are playing West Brom not West Bron. I am sure we can win against West Bron quite easily. ;)

Think I would prefer to play West Bron!

Cheers mate.

Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2017 01:15:15 pm
      2-1 to us as well for me, will be glad to get this game out of the way.

YNWA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2017 01:37:09 pm
      Never one away against a  Pulis team so would be nice to break that hoodoo.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2017 03:49:21 pm
      Team needs to grow up or mature, in a sense.

I wonder if Jürgen's going with the three center backs again. I bet he does.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2017 06:03:08 pm
      Just the thought of playing against a Pulis team makes me nervous like no other team.

Even though the Baggies are safe from relegation and have nothing to play for you just know that bald headed dinosaur loves nothing more than putting one over on one of the foreign managers.

More than any other game we are going to have concentrate on all set pieces and in fact make sure we don't give away any needless free kicks.

We are a better footballing team man to man so just play our game and don't make any defensive errors we should be ok, easy said with LFC!

Personally I'm not a big fan of the three at the back and in fact our CB's don't seem to offer us any more protection than the two at the back so hoping we start with Matip and Lovren, Klavan should be no where near the first team.
      Doesn't look like Lallana will be back so maybe Lucas with his aerial ability might be an option in midfield alongside Can and Gini.

The Brazilians should be fully rested and ready to start. I would start with Divock and bring on Danny for the second half.

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Gini

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Origi

I think this should be the team, as it gives Jürgen an option to switch to 3-4-2-1 by moving Lucas back, with Clyne and Milner as wing backs. Origi should start, would be an useful option while defending corners and we could go direct as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2017 06:33:21 pm
      Another tough away game, I did not get my prediction right  for the Stoke game. These games tricky to predict to my mind.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2017 06:48:37 pm
      Always a tough tough game.

But my god I utterly despise that waste of human flesh that is Tony Pulis.

Him and Craig Shakespeare would make a great 'creepy PE teacher' double act.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2017 03:52:17 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2017 07:17:13 pm
      I'd be tempted to maybe go with 3 at the back again, depends if they've been training on it all week as it definitely needs a bit more polish to make it work. If not go all out attack, blitz the fuckers and try to get 4 or 5 goals because you know they'll get a couple as well.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Apr 13, 2017 07:24:56 pm
      Team needs to grow up or mature, in a sense.

I wonder if Jürgen's going with the three center backs again. I bet he does.

I don't know why he would when we could still comfortably field a 4-3-3.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #11: Apr 13, 2017 07:35:21 pm
      I don't know why he would when we could still comfortably field a 4-3-3.

I think he tried it out against Bournemouth with the idea of Stoke, West Brom &  Palace; that along with the statement a few weeks back now talking about being more pragmatic and just grinding points than trying to make style points. So a 3-5-2 or some kind of hybridized 4-4-2

Pretty sure its going to be 3 at the back with Lucas in and Milner going back to his normal position in some kind of mad idea where Lucas may be playing deep mid or even as part of the back 3.

Clyne    Matip   Lovren  Milner

Lucas

Can             Gini

Coutinho

Origi/Firmino
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Apr 13, 2017 09:40:31 pm
      You know what   ... ?

Hardest game of the run in for me.

He's got the Baggies playing well.  Will be a hard one and we could drop points .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2017 01:36:43 am
      I have no doubt Mourinho will just park the bus, so I am wondering if we should stick Coutinho in midfield with either Moreno, Ojo or Wilson out wide for width? Do we really need Can, Lucas and Wijnaldum in the midfield vs Utd?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2017 02:07:42 am
      I have no doubt Mourinho will just park the bus, so I am wondering if we should stick Coutinho in midfield with either Moreno, Ojo or Wilson out wide for width? Do we really need Can, Lucas and Wijnaldum in the midfield vs Utd?

You mean Pulis and West Brom?

Wake up PM :D
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2017 02:11:07 am
      You mean Pulis and West Brom?

Wake up PM :D

Oh yeah, but can you blame me? Same philosophy and same tactics.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2017 03:02:39 am
      You know what   ... ?

Hardest game of the run in for me.

He's got the Baggies playing well.  Will be a hard one and we could drop points .

Tricky one this.

Exact type of fixtures we need to be winning, exact type of fixtures will usually fall short in.

Let's hope the lads show the same type of "character" if nothing else from the Stoke match.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2017 03:21:18 am
      3 points and Pulis crying at full time would make me happy.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2017 08:49:18 am
      Hey, Arse and Mancs not far behind us. Everyone else seem to be writing them off for top 4. I know they got to play top sides, but who's to say they won't get lucky and win all those games. Not if they play each other of course, but one of them could. We still have it all to do, and like a fat sam side, Pulis will have his players wanting to kick us off the park. Not only do we have to turn it on big time, we have to press high and counter fast like we did early on in the season.  At the same time, we have to match them physically. We will need early goals to unsettle them. They are not doing so good lately and will wilt a bit if they go behind. It's important we don't go behind or we'll face the inevitable bus. I think we are starting to believe we can beet these alehouse sides, and although it un nerves me playing them, I think we will do it Sunday. Could be one of our more impressive wins. I've gone for 2;0 to us in the predictions, but i'm thinking the easter bunny will be on our side this time and it could be 4 : 0
      Shame we have to wait until Sunday, with today off work, it seems ages away.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2017 10:51:26 am
      3 points and Pulis crying at full time would make me happy.

I second that
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2017 01:01:12 pm
      Would take a draw and beat palace 7 points out of 9 would be very good from the last 3
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2017 01:19:42 pm
      Would take a draw and beat palace 7 points out of 9 would be very good from the last 3

Never ever settle for a draw
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2017 01:22:35 pm

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Gini

Coutinho
      Firmino
      Origi

Agree with this selection, and also about not playing 3 at the back.

Interesting question is whether we should play Origi and Cou out wide in a 4-3-3, or make a virtue of our lack of natural wide players and go Origi and Firmino up front with Cou in behind. Maybe try one and, if doesn't work, switch?

Quick Reply