Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 267287 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1150: Jun 27, 2017 03:10:36 pm
      Don't let them see that on Saintsweb, they'll have a fit. They seem to think Sakho isn't worth more than 10m and they want 80-85m from us or 60-65m+Andres Christensen from Chelsea :lmao:

They under value Sakho by 20m and expect their totally unrealistic estimate for a player who doesn't want to play for them, to be met with our question.

Mickey Mouse club in every aspect.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1151: Jun 27, 2017 04:32:28 pm
      Well I still think he'll be wearing the Liverpool shirt next season. IF Klopp wants him and IF the player wants to come, the rest is just bullshit haggling which might drag all summer.

Amen!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1152: Jun 27, 2017 06:37:35 pm
      That is cool! Did you have any ancestors who fought in the Civil War?

FWIW, I have ancestors who fought and died on both sides. My mother's family is from eastern Kentucky which was a border state. More recently the people identify with the south, but genealogical work showed that most people there fought for the North, because it was a very poor area of subsistence farmers, rather than plantations.

Any history buff would do well to vacation in Virginia for a week or two. There are battlefield parks with great exhibits all across the state. When I worked in DC we spend many a weekend hopping around those. Lots of free museums as well.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1153: Jun 27, 2017 06:42:02 pm
      I think we've gotten to the extent of our success realized through bargain-shopping. Now it's a question of being happy with top four status vs. actually contending for the main trophies. It seems pretty clear that Klopp wants the latter and that he feels (at least based on public statements), that FSG will back him.

Now this doesn't mean buying everybody, as Klopp wants specific types of players and specific players. He doesn't want square pegs in round holes re his system and style. But he inspires confidence and I'm eager to see the 22-25 players we end up going forward with by the time the real matches start. I also like that this manager would prefer to get new faces in earlier, in order to benefit from training camp.

The next few years could be pretty fantastic everyone.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1154: Jun 27, 2017 06:52:24 pm
      Liverpool are set to avoid any punishment for their alleged illegal approach for Virgil van Dijk.

The Southampton centre-half was Jürgen Klopp's number one transfer target this summer with the club confident of beating Manchester City and Chelsea to his £60million signature.

But following initial discussions between the two parties and reports that the Dutchman had agreed to move to Anfield the Saints reported the Reds to the Premier League.

Southampton's grievance prompted an immediate apology from Liverpool - accepted by the south-coast side - and a commitment to end their interest in the 25-year-old.

A preliminary investigation was launched by the Premier League but has stalled as there is insufficient evidence to support Southampton's claim.

It is understood unless new information comes to light there will not be any more progress with the inquiry, effectively allowing Liverpool to avoid a sanction.

Liverpool are expected to be busy in the market this summer as Klopp looks to build a squad capable of challenging both at home and abroad after securing Champions League football on the final day of the season.

Mohamed Salah has already signed from Roma in a £34.3m deal while Dominic Solanke will join when his Chelsea contract expires at the end of the month with the fee to be decided by tribunal.

Klopp is keen to get at least seven new faces through the door but faces a fight to secure Naby Keita with RB Leipzig holding out for £70m for the Guinea international midfielder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-transfer-premier-league-punishment-a7810036.html

Let's go F***ing sign him then.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1155: Jun 27, 2017 07:51:58 pm
      Liverpool are set to avoid any punishment for their alleged illegal approach for Virgil van Dijk.

The Southampton centre-half was Jürgen Klopp's number one transfer target this summer with the club confident of beating Manchester City and Chelsea to his £60million signature.

But following initial discussions between the two parties and reports that the Dutchman had agreed to move to Anfield the Saints reported the Reds to the Premier League.

Southampton's grievance prompted an immediate apology from Liverpool - accepted by the south-coast side - and a commitment to end their interest in the 25-year-old.

A preliminary investigation was launched by the Premier League but has stalled as there is insufficient evidence to support Southampton's claim.

It is understood unless new information comes to light there will not be any more progress with the inquiry, effectively allowing Liverpool to avoid a sanction.

Liverpool are expected to be busy in the market this summer as Klopp looks to build a squad capable of challenging both at home and abroad after securing Champions League football on the final day of the season.

Mohamed Salah has already signed from Roma in a £34.3m deal while Dominic Solanke will join when his Chelsea contract expires at the end of the month with the fee to be decided by tribunal.

Klopp is keen to get at least seven new faces through the door but faces a fight to secure Naby Keita with RB Leipzig holding out for £70m for the Guinea international midfielder.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-virgil-van-dijk-transfer-premier-league-punishment-a7810036.html

Let's go f**king sign him then.

We should have never apologized to start with.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1156: Jun 27, 2017 08:46:19 pm
      We should have never apologized to start with.

It is understood unless new information comes to light there will not be any more progress with the inquiry

Another way to look at it, the public apology and ending interest was a deal to stop them from submitting evidence, and if we break the deal they will submit evidence of our tapping :o

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #1157: Jun 27, 2017 10:49:04 pm
      Southampton can F**k off. We might have taken a few of their players in recent years but it's not as if we've taken the piss. They got good amounts for all of them. They've had some big money off us over the years which has helped maintain their PL status so they can suck a fat one, grassing cu*ts.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #1158: Jun 27, 2017 11:41:01 pm
      Southampton can f**k off. We might have taken a few of their players in recent years but it's not as if we've taken the piss. They got good amounts for all of them. They've had some big money off us over the years which has helped maintain their PL status so they can suck a fat one, grassing cu*ts.

I agree, bunch of cu*ts
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1159: Jun 28, 2017 02:11:39 am
      Can we have an over/under betting pool on pages this thread gets to? 55? 75? Infinite?! ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1160: Jun 28, 2017 10:42:58 am
      More reports this morning saying that Van Dyke will not be sold to anyone. This is looking incresingly dead in the water. It's going to be ineresting to see who our Plan B is.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1161: Jun 28, 2017 10:47:18 am
      A tweet sourcing Sky Sports to back up what 5times has said:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/879998266397646849

It's going to be interesting to see who the 2nd choice option is. Hopefully it's not Ben Gibson or somebody like that.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1162: Jun 28, 2017 11:29:03 am
      More reports this morning saying that Van Dyke will not be sold to anyone. This is looking incresingly dead in the water. It's going to be ineresting to see who our Plan B is.

Think it's bollocks mate, apart from the Sky report which is sure to be bollocks.
      The are as many stories saying they will sign him.
      One aspect of the saga is constant, Southampton's demand for a £70m fee which is no doubt the reason for the bollocks in the press.

The player wants to come to Anfield, Southampton know this and are aware that keeping an unsettled player on board never works out.
      They hold all the cards right now and are pissing about while they have that advantage, things will inevitably change as time presses on.

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #1163: Jun 28, 2017 11:47:53 am
      Think it's bollocks mate, apart from the Sky report which is sure to be bollocks.
      One aspect of the saga is constant, Southampton's demand for a £70m fee which is no doubt the reason for the bollocks in the press.

The player wants to come to Anfield, Southampton know this and are aware that keeping an unsettled player on board never works out.
      They hold all the cards right now and are pissing about while they have that advantage, things will inevitably change as time presses on.

Though I have only been on here a short time I already seem to have a reputation of being monetarily tight with my predictions. I would call it being practical ;D. With that said I am in favor of offering £80m and watching the pricks from South Hampton eat their words of not selling. VVD is the best player in this window and the need at CB is glaring. The move improves a huge need with a world class player and shows the fans that FSG are finally serious about contending for championships. Lets sign him and move on
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #1164: Jun 28, 2017 12:07:24 pm
      Can we have an over/under betting pool on pages this thread gets to? 55? 75? Infinite?! ;D

Those who've been around on here will remember with horror the lengths various threads in this section have reached before being quietly closed by an admin and put away to collect dust in the archives.

I think the David Silva and David Villa topics were the record setters, not sure if VVD here is coming close yet.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #1165: Jun 28, 2017 12:19:51 pm
      Assuming that the Chavs dont make an offer, we should wait til the last day of the window, make a take it or leave it offer of £60m at 9pm and watch them sweat
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #1166: Jun 28, 2017 12:20:52 pm
      Assuming that the Chavs dont make an offer, we should wait til the last day of the window, make a take it or leave it offer of £60m at 9pm and watch them sweat

Why would they sweat? They've already said he's not for sale.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1167: Jun 28, 2017 12:25:09 pm
      Though I have only been on here a short time I already seem to have a reputation of being monetarily tight with my predictions. I would call it being practical ;D. With that said I am in favor of offering £80m and watching the pricks from South Hampton eat their words of not selling. VVD is the best player in this window and the need at CB is glaring. The move improves a huge need with a world class player and shows the fans that FSG are finally serious about contending for championships. Lets sign him and move on

The closing sentence is the only variable in the comment.
      ''FSG are finally serious about contending for championships''!!
      As you admit you have only been here a relatively short time so I would ask you to pause and consider the profound mental adjustment that statement invokes amongst long-stay LFC supporters under JWH&Co.

One signing has been made that does bode well, expectation is smothered through experience.
      Unfortunately that repressed hope seems justified with the VVD debacle and the ongoing media kick-about.

All par for the course in the 8 years of FSG tenure, wait and see time again.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #1168: Jun 28, 2017 12:29:12 pm
      Yeah, stop it tight arse, it ain't your money.

;)

I was raised by frugal people! What can I say? My Dad once tried to haggle a McDonalds cashier right in front of me and my siblings. It's in my blood
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1169: Jun 28, 2017 12:34:51 pm
      A tweet sourcing Sky Sports to back up what 5times has said:

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/879998266397646849

It's going to be interesting to see who the 2nd choice option is. Hopefully it's not Ben Gibson or somebody like that.

Well if that's true then that's just brilliant management, right out of the Rafa playbook, piss off your key players and see their performance levels plummet.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,226 posts | 1109 
      Reply #1170: Jun 28, 2017 12:37:51 pm
      The closing sentence is the only variable in the comment.
      ''FSG are finally serious about contending for championships''!!
      As you admit you have only been here a relatively short time so I would ask you to pause and consider the profound mental adjustment that statement invokes amongst long-stay LFC supporters under JWH&Co.

One signing has been made that does bode well, expectation is smothered through experience.
      Unfortunately that repressed hope seems justified with the VVD debacle and the ongoing media kick-about.

All par for the course in the 8 years of FSG tenure, wait and see time again.

I hear ya dude. And like I was saying the other day, the Red Sox aren't run this way. They hadn't won a World Series title in 89 years. FSG took over and 3 years later they won it all. Matter of fact they have won 3 titles since taking over and usually do it by breaking the bank on pitchers (David Price $30 mil a year) and having a top 3 payroll every year (around $220 mil). Knowing that only adds insult to injury, especially for life longers like many of u. I have only been following the team since 12-13 season and it annoys me how they handle player personal. I can't imagine what's it like for some of u.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1171: Jun 28, 2017 12:53:59 pm

It's not just Sky. Local media was saying the other day how FSG won't go back in for them because they want to be seen to be keeping their word. Not getting Van Dyke is not my concern, who we go for in his place is. Many clubs fail to get their primary targets over the line but we have an apalling tradition of going from shopping in Harrods to Poundland with our targets. That's what we need to see an end of.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1172: Jun 28, 2017 01:03:16 pm
      It's not just Sky. Local media was saying the other day how FSG won't go back in for them because they want to be seen to be keeping their word. Not getting Van Dyke is not my concern, who we go for in his place is. Many clubs fail to get their primary targets over the line but we have an apalling tradition of going from shopping in Harrods to Poundland with our targets. That's what we need to see an end of.

What concerns me is the tradition you indicate of browsing in Harrods and actually shopping in Poundland under FSG.

Quick Reply