Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 273880 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1173: Jun 28, 2017 01:18:32 pm
      I'd be all over Michael Keane for £25 million.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #1174: Jun 28, 2017 01:31:49 pm
      Assuming that the Chavs dont make an offer, we should wait til the last day of the window, make a take it or leave it offer of £60m at 9pm and watch them sweat

Nah, decide on another defensive target and go after him, I'd like to see our squad mostly sorted before the season starts.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1175: Jun 28, 2017 01:48:00 pm
      If we don't get him could see this being a way back for Sakho, could see Klopp waiting a season to land the one he wants rather than buying a stop gap when he's already got one under contract.

My personal belief is VVD will force the issue by way of transfer request, champions league football and bigger wages is probably something he won't want to miss out on, might not see any action here until the players are back for pre-season.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1176: Jun 28, 2017 02:02:16 pm
      Those who've been around on here will remember with horror the lengths various threads in this section have reached before being quietly closed by an admin and put away to collect dust in the archives.

I think the David Silva and David Villa topics were the record setters, not sure if VVD here is coming close yet.

Been here since 2009, I remember both Silva and Villa well :D

Seems my usual betting luck wins out, this F***ing news would come out when I post this.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #1177: Jun 28, 2017 02:11:26 pm
      If we don't get him could see this being a way back for Sakho, could see Klopp waiting a season to land the one he wants rather than buying a stop gap when he's already got one under contract.

My personal belief is VVD will force the issue by way of transfer request, champions league football and bigger wages is probably something he won't want to miss out on, might not see any action here until the players are back for pre-season.

Was thinking about that last night when I saw the vid of Sakho back at the club training already, make VVD force the issue with a transfer request or Klopp and Sakho hug it out and we launch a crazy bid for Keita.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #1178: Jun 28, 2017 02:49:21 pm
      K-O-U-L-I-B-A-L-Y

:couch:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1179: Jun 28, 2017 04:36:25 pm
      Though I have only been on here a short time I already seem to have a reputation of being monetarily tight with my predictions. I would call it being practical ;D. With that said I am in favor of offering £80m and watching the pricks from South Hampton eat their words of not selling. VVD is the best player in this window and the need at CB is glaring. The move improves a huge need with a world class player and shows the fans that FSG are finally serious about contending for championships. Lets sign him and move on

No and yes. Keita would be a much more significant add for us. Yes we can upgrade at center back but the thing with VVD has become a circus act. There must be a set of quality center backs available from which we can choose one to buy, for big money but not ridiculous money, that would be a serious upgrade to our depth and talent level. I'd love to have VVD, but I think this one just has too much baggage with it by now. There have to be some other top-quality options out there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1180: Jun 28, 2017 04:38:49 pm

Do you think we are in for him?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1181: Jun 28, 2017 05:37:57 pm
      Was thinking about that last night when I saw the vid of Sakho back at the club training already, make VVD force the issue with a transfer request or Klopp and Sakho hug it out and we launch a crazy bid for Keita.

Either way i think we'll probably end up with VVD maybe just not this summer but do believe there will be a few more twists and turns regarding this yet.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1182: Jun 28, 2017 06:14:33 pm
      What else do you expect to be said? Of course when a new manager takes over it will be said that the key players won't be sold. Who's going to take a job or back a new manager if the club come out and say they appoint whoever but will be selling the best players?!

Still part of me thinks this is just being kept completely under wraps now. VVD is on holiday, its when he gets back that will determine whether Pellegrino is happy for him to go or not.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #1183: Jun 28, 2017 06:23:43 pm
      What else do you expect to be said? Of course when a new manager takes over it will be said that the key players won't be sold. Who's going to take a job or back a new manager if the club come out and say they appoint whoever but will be selling the best players?!

Still part of me thinks this is just being kept completely under wraps now. VVD is on holiday, its when he gets back that will determine whether Pellegrino is happy for him to go or not.

Exactly, no way are they rejecting £60m quid. So much profit for them.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1184: Jun 28, 2017 06:27:08 pm

Can't be doing with them either of late. Of course that will all change once we start beating them handsomely in the league. An irritance they are otherwise.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #1185: Jun 28, 2017 08:32:35 pm

Cant believe anything you read nowadays so not a clue, but looks like wouldn't be as pricey as VVD and IMHO a better player. Not spending 70MM on a CM, would also free up vital funds  to try and make the very difficult Keita signing come through, which is a real game changer to have a worldie in midfield again.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1186: Jun 28, 2017 10:25:15 pm
      Saints were adamant Lallana was going nowhere too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,523 posts | 2874 
      Reply #1187: Jun 28, 2017 10:33:53 pm
      Cant believe anything you read nowadays so not a clue, but looks like wouldn't be as pricey as VVD and IMHO a better player. Not spending 70MM on a CM, would also free up vital funds  to try and make the very difficult Keita signing come through, which is a real game changer to have a worldie in midfield again.

Koulibaly would still cost a hell of a lot, Napoli are notoriously difficult to negotiate with.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1188: Jun 28, 2017 11:39:41 pm
      Fifty million pounds for a player of hi caliber, bargain, best defender present.  :f_steam:
      I hope this stays just a rumor .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1189: Jun 28, 2017 11:53:16 pm
      Fifty million pounds for a player of hi caliber, bargain, best defender present.  :f_steam:
      I hope this stays just a rumor .

You hope it stays a rumour?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #1190: Jun 28, 2017 11:56:09 pm
      Yes, and im going to tell you why.
      He is probably better from all defenders we currently have but he would be too damn expensive, im sure we could do better.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1191: Jun 29, 2017 12:04:13 am
      He is probably better from all defenders we currently have but he would be too damn expensive, im sure we could do better.

I might be missing something here so please do point it out if I am but you say - "Fifty million pounds for a player of hi caliber, bargain, best defender present."...All good, but then you say you hope it stays a rumour because it's too expensive? How can it go from 50mill being a bargain to then being too much?

Also probably better than all our defenders? IMO, he is better than all our defenders, no probably about it. As good as Matip has done in his first season, I'd still say he's behind VVD.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #1192: Jun 29, 2017 12:11:28 am
      I might be missing something here so please do point it out if I am but you say - "Fifty million pounds for a player of hi caliber, bargain, best defender present."...All good, but then you say you hope it stays a rumour because it's too expensive? How can it go from 50mill being a bargain to then being too much?

Also probably better than all our defenders? IMO, he is better than all our defenders, no probably about it. As good as Matip has done in his first season, I'd still say he's behind VVD.

"Fifty million pounds for a player of his caliber, bargain, best defender present."
      I wish i could express irony on paper. ;D He would probably improve our defense but it looks like The Saints are holding us for an inconvenient place here, they know we are desperate for quality defenders and they are going to set some crazy price tag hoping we will grab it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #1193: Jun 29, 2017 02:13:58 am
      "Fifty million pounds for a player of his caliber, bargain, best defender present."
      I wish i could express irony on paper. ;D He would probably improve our defense but it looks like The Saints are holding us for an inconvenient place here, they know we are desperate for quality defenders and they are going to set some crazy price tag hoping we will grab it.

What  do you care what it costs? Is it your  money?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1194: Jun 29, 2017 02:34:23 am

You realise that world class Centre Backs don't grow on trees, right? After the debacle this has turned into, Keita not exactly itching to move here, and Mbappe wanting to move to Madrid, the Summer is starting to feel like it's fizzling out before its even began. I'm struggling to see where our statement signing is going to come from.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1195: Jun 29, 2017 02:35:24 am
      What  do you care what it costs? Is it your  money?

Perhaps because we know we don't have unlimited funds like the other big clubs?How would you feel if we paid 50m for Shawcross? 60m for Deeney or C.Adam? Would you seriously not be bothered?

You don't understand why some care where as I don't understand why others don't, does it really matter?

Quick Reply