Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263297 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1725: Aug 07, 2017 05:33:31 pm
      If you're seated comfortably gentlepeople.......then we will begin........

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1726: Aug 07, 2017 05:35:13 pm
      Chelsea won't bid over 50m I don't think. We will be willing to bid around 65m.

It doesn't matter, they can accept a lower bid to spite us. And don't think they won't at this point.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1727: Aug 07, 2017 05:35:43 pm
      Are we allowed  to  put in an  offer  ?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1728: Aug 07, 2017 05:36:16 pm
      I can't check this from work, can you please tell us what is happening to the price, good or bad for us?

Yep, the price to go to Chelsea has moved from Evens to 5/2, same with to stay at Southampton, where the price to go to us has contracted just slightly from around Evens to 8/13.

At least I can put faith in what my mate says, good on ya VvD, let's hope it's to move to us! :D
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1729: Aug 07, 2017 05:38:24 pm
      It doesn't matter, they can accept a lower bid to spite us. And don't think they won't at this point.

Can they do that? I mean assuming the player doesn't want to sign for that team. That would be an interesting scenario if happens.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1730: Aug 07, 2017 05:39:53 pm
      I was told transfer requests don't mean anything anymore. ??

Touché FL touché ;)

I think what I actually said was that I didn't think it was fair to blame the boy for NOT doing it IF we don't sign him.......

Our f#ck up to date, not his, if you will.

Regardless.....let's do this
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1731: Aug 07, 2017 05:41:28 pm

Not sure they can, interesting point and happy to be corrected but if they accept a bid from one and not the other then that would potentially open a can of worms over restricting VvD's employment options in a fair and unbiased way. I actually believe they'd open themselves up to a lawsuit if they acted in that manner, not from us but from VvD.

As it was, I thought the bookies knew something, snidey bas**rds they are! Out to 8/1 now to stay at Southampton, as short as 1/3 for us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,258 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1732: Aug 07, 2017 05:42:20 pm
      Were not interested anymore. Were happy with our squad. Just need to offload Coutinho to get the right balance
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1733: Aug 07, 2017 05:42:22 pm
      Touché FL touché ;)

I think what I actually said was that I didn't think it was fair to blame the boy for NOT doing it IF we don't sign him.......

Our f#cl up to date, not his, if you will.

Regardless.....let's do this.

Breaking newd: Michael edwards has gone a month long holiday to the rain forests of borneo with no internet or telephone connection
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1734: Aug 07, 2017 05:42:52 pm
      Not sure they can, interesting point and happy to be corrected but if they accept a bid from one and not the other then that would potentially open a can of worms over restricting VvD's employment options in a fair and unbiased way. I actually believe they'd open themselves up to a lawsuit if they acted in that manner, not from us but from VvD.

I hope you are right, can't remember where I'd read before about them being able to accept only the bid they wanted even if lower.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1735: Aug 07, 2017 05:43:32 pm

As it was, I thought the bookies knew something, snidey bas**rds they are! Out to 8/1 now to stay at Southampton, as short as 1/3 for us.
      I've decided to believe this post. It makes me feel good.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1736: Aug 07, 2017 05:43:38 pm
      Breaking newd: Michael edwards has gone a month long holiday to the rain forests of borneo with no internet or telephone connection

I'd love that, the tickets I could sell for a Borneo 'Edwards Hunt' to the lads around here would be gold dust :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1737: Aug 07, 2017 05:43:44 pm
      Touché FL touché ;)

Our f#ck up to date, not his, if you will.

Regardless.....let's do this

Right wrong or indifferent, let's just sign someone and get some positivity back.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1738: Aug 07, 2017 05:44:23 pm
      I think we should the chavs put a bid in and then match it, then it's down to Southampton. They don't have to sell to us and I know VVD has said he wants to come to us if Southampton don't want us to have him i dont think VVD will be too bothered Weather he plays for us or the chavs...footballers are that fickle these days. He says he wants to play in Europe so that could meen a number of clubs. I'm expecting multiple clubs to put bids in.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1739: Aug 07, 2017 05:45:18 pm
      I'd love that, the tickets I could sell for a Borneo 'Edwards Hunt' to the lads around here would be gold dust :D

I'm in - and FSG will LOVE that - in Borneo you get 2 heads for the price of 1........ :f_whistle:
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #1740: Aug 07, 2017 05:50:34 pm
      36 guests watching eh. That means most of saintsweb users will be watching on here with anticipation at the w**kfest that will follow on here after what's just happened. Still 50/50 wether it will happen but if saints give in now and sell to us I'd be p*ssed off if i was them
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1741: Aug 07, 2017 05:51:17 pm
      Not too sure about this pissing Southampton off thing.

We havent exactly bid them in the bollocks for any of the players we've bought off them. They've done very f**king well out of us.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1742: Aug 07, 2017 05:52:23 pm
      Ben Smith saying he sees no way that VVD stays at Soton now but that they still don't want to sell to us. This is only the beginning. I'm still not holding my breath.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1743: Aug 07, 2017 05:53:14 pm

That's one helluva damning statement right there, to me there is absolutely no way back from that. He's thrown mud at almost everyone he can.

trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #1744: Aug 07, 2017 05:53:33 pm
      If the saints except a bid from a club other than us can the player refuse to go.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1745: Aug 07, 2017 05:55:38 pm
      Not too sure about this pissing Southampton off thing.

We havent exactly bid them in the bollocks for any of the players we've bought off them. They've done very f**king well out of us.

Yeah this is the bit I don't get mate.

We gave them fair prices, or overpaid for their players and they've done well on the back of it. We've paid them around the same price it would have cost to buy the damn club, it's a joke to be pissed off with essentially your best customer.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1746: Aug 07, 2017 05:57:30 pm
      If the saints except a bid from a club other than us can the player refuse to go.

Yes. But since he put in a transfer request and forfeits any loyalty bonus, I think they can accept a lower offer and reject a higher one. I very well may be wrong but that was my understanding.

Which means if Soton accept a Chavs bid and reject ours, I would assume he would go there as opposed to staying and rotting in the reserves. Only way we might prevail there is if we absolutely blow any Chelski bid out of the water and make it impossible for Saints to refuse.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1747: Aug 07, 2017 05:58:05 pm
      FSG - Flapping Stingy Goons, get ya wallet out.

Quick Reply