Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263492 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1978: Aug 09, 2017 12:34:15 pm
      Article
      https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Terminating a contract with sporting just cause
      An  established  professional  who  has,  in  the  course  of  the  season, 
      appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which
      his  club  has  been  involved  may  terminate  his  contract  prematurely 
      on  the  ground  of  sporting  just  cause.  Due  consideration  shall  be 
      given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The
      existence  of  a  sporting  just  cause  shall  be  established  on  a  case-
      by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed,
      though  compensation  may  be  payable.  A  professional  may  only 
      terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last
      official match of the season of the club with which he is registered
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1979: Aug 09, 2017 12:48:37 pm
      Article
      https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Terminating a contract with sporting just cause
      An  established  professional  who  has,  in  the  course  of  the  season, 
      appeared in fewer than ten per cent of the official matches in which
      his  club  has  been  involved  may  terminate  his  contract  prematurely 
      on  the  ground  of  sporting  just  cause.  Due  consideration  shall  be 
      given to the player’s circumstances in the appraisal of such cases. The
      existence  of  a  sporting  just  cause  shall  be  established  on  a  case-
      by-case basis. In such a case, sporting sanctions shall not be imposed,
      though  compensation  may  be  payable.  A  professional  may  only 
      terminate his contract on this basis in the 15 days following the last
      official match of the season of the club with which he is registered

Interesting, so according to this they could theoretically let him rot for one whole season, although in reality i highly doubt it as the player and his people would be throwing all kinds of legal challenges at them, not to mention the Dutch FA having a thing or 2 to say about it and it also being really really bad publicity for the club to the extent that no player would touch it with a bargepole in the future.

In conclusion unless Southampton are run by absolute fuckwits then they will sell VVD to us.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1980: Aug 09, 2017 01:06:19 pm
      Interesting, so according to this they could theoretically let him rot for one whole season, although in reality i highly doubt it as the player and his people would be throwing all kinds of legal challenges at them, not to mention the Dutch FA having a thing or 2 to say about it and it also being really really bad publicity for the club to the extent that no player would touch it with a bargepole in the future.

In conclusion unless Southampton are run by absolute fuckwits then they will sell VVD to us.

So he can apply to have his contract terminated, citing 'just sporting cause', hope that FIFA agree and then, 15 days after the end of next season, become a free man.

Won't be holding my hand on my arse waiting for that. 😄
      « Last Edit: Aug 09, 2017 03:00:01 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1981: Aug 09, 2017 01:53:43 pm
      Brendan Rodgers being blamed now. Apparently he rings VVD dailyto tell him to join us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1982: Aug 09, 2017 01:56:48 pm
      I'm genuinely getting confused by why some posters always get a +1 for very standard posts/comments whilst when someone actually puts some effort in to try and explain something they get nothing, is it all just a big popularity contest or something??
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #1983: Aug 09, 2017 01:57:43 pm
      Brendan Rodgers being blamed now. Apparently he rings VVD dailyto tell him to join us.

On the player and Celtic......kinda.....

I watched him a fair bit using the wife's ticket at Parkhead when he was at Celtic.......

He was the best player in every game I saw him in - so far ahead it was ridiculous at the time.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1984: Aug 09, 2017 02:13:06 pm
      I'm genuinely getting confused by why some posters always get a +1 for very standard posts/comments whilst when someone actually puts some effort in to try and explain something they get nothing, is it all just a big popularity contest or something??

Just because you put in some effort, doesn't mean what you are saying makes any sense or is valid. I've found that typically if you post something sensible, some will agree with you (and may plus you) and others may disagree with you and probably tell you why you are wrong. Sometimes, if someone posts something that explains my opinion, I'll plus them and save myself a post.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1985: Aug 09, 2017 02:27:10 pm
      Just because you put in some effort, doesn't mean what you are saying makes any sense or is valid. I've found that typically if you post something sensible, some will agree with you (and may plus you) and others may disagree with you and probably tell you why you are wrong. Sometimes, if someone posts something that explains my opinion, I'll plus them and save myself a post.

Oh sorry I wasn't referring to myself, I honestly could not care less if I win a popularity contest on a football forum or not, as for very obvious reasons it would just never ever happen :-), but its more of a general observation of the way +1's get dished out.
      I tend to +1 a poster if they make me smile or laugh or if they make a good point, I assumed others do the same but some posts with a +1 really do baffle me a bit.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1986: Aug 09, 2017 02:32:08 pm
      Oh sorry I wasn't referring to myself, I honestly could not care less if I win a popularity contest on a football forum or not, as for very obvious reasons it would just never ever happen :-), but its more of a general observation of the way +1's get dished out.
      I tend to +1 a poster if they make me smile or laugh or if they make a good point, I assumed others do the same but some posts with a +1 really do baffle me a bit.

I didn't say you were referring to yourself...seems you  may have a bit of a complex there ;) :D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1987: Aug 09, 2017 02:40:36 pm
      I didn't say you were referring to yourself...seems you  may have a bit of a complex there ;) :D

"Just because you put in some effort" I'm struggling to find a different interpretation of that other than it referring to me, perhaps its a lost in translation thing ;-)

I can assure you I have a fairly good idea of how well I'm loved on this forum, that being extremely little!! :-(
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1988: Aug 09, 2017 02:41:46 pm

There's certain things that if you either post a supportive post of either Brendan or Rafa, insult Riba or Swab will boost you on the + train. I think the average Riba insult is plus or minus 7 likes, whereas the average Brendan is the best coach ever post could net you 10+

It actually used to be quite a difficult thing to get a 'good post' vote, we even had a thread of 'good posts' (mostly the top scoring ones) not that long ago that was filled with some absolute crackers. These days seeing a post with a double figure like is quite common and I'm not sure that's for the better, but hey each to their own, I'll go with the flow.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1989: Aug 09, 2017 03:03:30 pm

So does this deserve a +1 or not?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1990: Aug 09, 2017 03:06:28 pm
      So does this deserve a +1 or not?

Suppose that depends on whether you are gay?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1991: Aug 09, 2017 03:09:02 pm

That's just ever so slightly homophobic isn't it or do you mean gay in the original meaning of the word?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1992: Aug 09, 2017 03:12:46 pm
      So anyhow this van Dijk fella - what do you does one reckon; would he go to Chelsea if they came a knocking? 🤔

That last post? Not aimed at anyone but deleted just in case there's a cock out there believing it was.  😁

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2017 03:18:50 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1993: Aug 09, 2017 03:19:39 pm
      Or a cock... not a cock? No need to worry. 😎
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1994: Aug 09, 2017 03:19:42 pm
      That's just ever so slightly homophobic isn't it or do you mean gay in the original meaning of the word?

That's homophobic? Really? :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #1995: Aug 09, 2017 03:22:54 pm
      So anyhow this van Dijk fella - what do you does one reckon; would he go to Chelsea if they came a knocking? 🤔

That last post? Not aimed at anyone but deleted just in case there's a cock out there believing it was.  😁

I think the longer we leave this up to someone else to bid (Chelsea) the better chances that we will miss out. I don't know why we have to act like the bad guy here, fall on our sword and slink away with our tail between our legs. If we'd have just bid in the first place, he's already on the team. If we bid now, we speed all this up and find out whether it's going to happen or not. I see this one doing a Dempsey....we will screw around and on deadline day Edwards will go home early while Chelsea sign him for LESS money.

Funny thing is, I saw some comments from a Chelsea fan the other day, they don't even think they need him and thus don't want him, they'd rather us  get him so that they can spend the money on Sandro I think it was. But I'm sure their board will be happy to keep us from getting Van Dyke.

I guess the good news about all this is, if Soton really do banish him to the bench like they are threatening.....at least we won't have to play against him, so maybe that's been our ploy all along. there's 6 points gained and we didn't have to spend a dime.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1996: Aug 09, 2017 03:52:59 pm

Erm yes I think you'll find it is these days my friend, whether that's a good thing or not is a different matter but we live in sensitive times. Anyway if you are confident it is not then I suggest that you test out that assertion by questioning whether random work colleagues are gay and see what happens ;-)

Anyway enough of all this bollocks is there really no further news or rumours about VVD?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1997: Aug 09, 2017 03:54:25 pm
      I think the longer we leave this up to someone else to bid (Chelsea) the better chances that we will miss out. I don't know why we have to act like the bad guy here, fall on our sword and slink away with our tail between our legs. If we'd have just bid in the first place, he's already on the team. If we bid now, we speed all this up and find out whether it's going to happen or not. I see this one doing a Dempsey....we will screw around and on deadline day Edwards will go home early while Chelsea sign him for LESS money.

Funny thing is, I saw some comments from a Chelsea fan the other day, they don't even think they need him and thus don't want him, they'd rather us  get him so that they can spend the money on Sandro I think it was. But I'm sure their board will be happy to keep us from getting Van Dyke.

I guess the good news about all this is, if Soton really do banish him to the bench like they are threatening.....at least we won't have to play against him, so maybe that's been our ploy all along. there's 6 points gained and we didn't have to spend a dime.

Plus we could then get him for free next summer and rip a cheque for £60 million up in front of the Southampton owners face :-)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1998: Aug 09, 2017 04:22:16 pm
      "Just because you put in some effort" I'm struggling to find a different interpretation of that other than it referring to me, perhaps its a lost in translation thing ;-)

I can assure you I have a fairly good idea of how well I'm loved on this forum, that being extremely little!! :-(

Heimy I love you mate even if we rarely agree these days. Always courteous, never rude and a genuine fan. You'll do for me mate, I'll plus you more regularly from now on I promise!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1999: Aug 09, 2017 04:29:05 pm
      There's certain things that if you either post a supportive post of either Brendan or Rafa, insult Riba or Swab will boost you on the + train. I think the average Riba insult is plus or minus 7 likes, whereas the average Brendan is the best coach ever post could net you 10+

It actually used to be quite a difficult thing to get a 'good post' vote, we even had a thread of 'good posts' (mostly the top scoring ones) not that long ago that was filled with some absolute crackers. These days seeing a post with a double figure like is quite common and I'm not sure that's for the better, but hey each to their own, I'll go with the flow.

And the more I don't give a F**k, the more some arseholes do it.

Splendid.
      Like I'd waste my time caring about what amounts to nothing more than pixels on a screen written by a stranger  :laugh:

Back to business, that was a cracking thread once upon a time, but these days people are so busy with the wailing and the gnashing of teeth during the bi-annual transfer hysteria, that really good posts seem to have fallen by the wayside.

And there's still 3 weeks to go  :laugh:
      I'll stick with what I know and care about a player when I see him leaning on something at Melwood.
      It always strikes me as funny that some people really get their knickers in a twist over a player they hadn't heard of before the window opened.

Having said that, we could really do with getting this one over the line (to keep it on topic ;)  )
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2000: Aug 09, 2017 04:31:02 pm
      Heimy I love you mate even if we rarely agree these days. Always courteous, never rude and a genuine fan. You'll do for me mate, I'll plus you more regularly from now on I promise!

The feeling is mutual BigMick

Quick Reply