Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263104 times
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2484: Aug 29, 2017 05:45:46 pm
      This is a done deal and more likely to be concluded deadline day...a Lemar is the one I'm keeping a close eye on.

Assuming you're in the know, do you think we'll get a deal done for Lemar? Been rather quiet since or supposed 3rd bid including Origi (maybe I'm just impatient and frantically checking my phone every 5 min)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2485: Aug 29, 2017 05:53:03 pm
      Assuming you're in the know, do you think we'll get a deal done for Lemar? Been rather quiet since or supposed 3rd bid including Origi (maybe I'm just impatient and frantically checking my phone every 5 min)

We heard of the 2 rejected bids pretty quickly but nothing since the third bid went in which suggests things just need ironing out like structure of the payment or maybe Monaco getting in a replacement before making it public.

Sometimes no news is good news  ;)

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2486: Aug 29, 2017 06:07:53 pm
      We heard of the 2 rejected bids pretty quickly but nothing since the third bid went in which suggests things just need ironing out like structure of the payment or maybe Monaco getting in a replacement before making it public.

Earlier report (I think it was Paul Joyce) said the third bid would likely be rejected. Price not high enough. Even if we played the net neutral game again next season, I'd rather spend big now and get the squad in. Besides, PSG proved, once and for all, that FFP is a myth so we have nothing to worry about.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2487: Aug 29, 2017 06:26:39 pm
      I understand odds reasonably well mate and yes to get a better than (lower) 100% over-round is rare in these markets (due to the fact that people don't often consider that it might be more than a 2 horse race) but it's also a fact that a bookmaker or odds compiler makes a judgement call both relative to other bookmakers and to the information they have at hand which is therefore reflective in the odds they make available.

For instance if you want to know what is happening with Willie Mullins horses over Cheltenham then observe the odds offered by paddypower, his horses have numerous entries but there's a reason why these will be a few points lower (in fact pretty close to on the day prices) for certain races for his horses. It's got nothing to do with the bets they're received and "getting it in the book" it's completely down to information they have that we aren't privy to. The same will happen across all sports and throughout the betting industry, it is basically legal insider trading and exactly why bookmakers figure so heavily on the FTSE 100, they are not generous, ever.

So does 11/4 look too good to be true with 48hrs or so left, damn right it does. Do I think that they've got more liabilities on him moving than they do on him staying, yes, but that doesn't mean that they need to be so far detached from the other bookmaker prices, there's basically more to it than that. Which of course is an assumption I've made but it's based on years and years of studying betting patterns and bookmakers, and granted the small volumes of trade they get in these markets do make them distinctly different from football betting and horse racing but the same rules should apply.

We'll soon find out though.

Edit: Oh look 1/8 for us and 9/2 with skybet now.. think that 11/4 was generous now? :D

Fair enough. I'm just suggesting in this case, it's not about inside information. The horse-racing analogy to me, mainly shows me there is something in this world more corrupt than football transfers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next 48 hours could be frantic, but despite all the news buzz I still think it could be uneventful. Hope not, but we'll see.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2488: Aug 29, 2017 06:28:21 pm

Maybe it's since you posted this, but Echo now saying third bid has been rejected.

Do you (or does anyone) know if anything public has been said by Leicester or West Brom about their supposed interest?

EDIT: Sorry, I read through this too quickly and thought you were talking about the Sakho deal out. Obviously you mean Lemar. Apologies.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2489: Aug 29, 2017 06:44:49 pm
      Fair enough. I'm just suggesting in this case, it's not about inside information. The horse-racing analogy to me, mainly shows me there is something in this world more corrupt than football transfers.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next 48 hours could be frantic, but despite all the news buzz I still think it could be uneventful. Hope not, but we'll see.

Oh, without question, horse-racing is as crooked a sport as there could probably ever be.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #2490: Aug 29, 2017 07:02:00 pm
      Well I actually had to do some work for a couple hours. What happened to that taxi? Take a wrong turn?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2491: Aug 29, 2017 07:07:30 pm
      Well I actually had to do some work for a couple hours. What happened to that taxi? Take a wrong turn?

Surprise...we've made no headway on any of our transfers (ingoing or outgoing).

We might as well go to sleep till Thursday. Looks like that's when everything is going to happen (if it does at all).
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2492: Aug 29, 2017 08:14:23 pm
      I understand odds reasonably well mate and yes to get a better than (lower) 100% over-round is rare in these markets (due to the fact that people don't often consider that it might be more than a 2 horse race) but it's also a fact that a bookmaker or odds compiler makes a judgement call both relative to other bookmakers and to the information they have at hand which is therefore reflective in the odds they make available.

For instance if you want to know what is happening with Willie Mullins horses over Cheltenham then observe the odds offered by paddypower, his horses have numerous entries but there's a reason why these will be a few points lower (in fact pretty close to on the day prices) for certain races for his horses. It's got nothing to do with the bets they're received and "getting it in the book" it's completely down to information they have that we aren't privy to. The same will happen across all sports and throughout the betting industry, it is basically legal insider trading and exactly why bookmakers figure so heavily on the FTSE 100, they are not generous, ever.

So does 11/4 look too good to be true with 48hrs or so left, damn right it does. Do I think that they've got more liabilities on him moving than they do on him staying, yes, but that doesn't mean that they need to be so far detached from the other bookmaker prices, there's basically more to it than that. Which of course is an assumption I've made but it's based on years and years of studying betting patterns and bookmakers, and granted the small volumes of trade they get in these markets do make them distinctly different from football betting and horse racing but the same rules should apply.

We'll soon find out though.

Edit: Oh look 1/8 for us and 9/2 with skybet now.. think that 11/4 was generous now? :D

To be brutally honest I can't imagine a large bookie being that bothered about transfer markets.

It's a small market where you would struggle to get any bookie to take a liability over a couple of hundred for any one bet.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,329 posts | 1524 
      Reply #2493: Aug 29, 2017 08:43:31 pm
      Plane from Bournemouth, Landing at John Lennon with unidentified individual aboard. Liverpool F.C. Official car waiting !

Oh No.... Not Tyrone fu..ing Mings surely !       >:D
      Kopite78
      Reply #2494: Aug 29, 2017 08:48:17 pm
      I presume the car got lost?  :)

Why Bournemouth airport as well? There's one in Southampton..

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #2495: Aug 29, 2017 08:50:25 pm
      I presume the car got lost?  :)

Why Bournemouth airport as well? There's one in Southampton..

Subterfuge 😉
      Kopite78
      Reply #2496: Aug 29, 2017 08:58:52 pm

Ah I get you.. .

Secret medical in Blackpool  :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #2497: Aug 29, 2017 09:16:06 pm
      Ah I get you.. .

Secret medical in Blackpool  :)

No not Blackpool man - Blackpool has been compromised.......

We must go to.......Lytham.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2498: Aug 29, 2017 09:28:59 pm
      https://twitter.com/SamClarke96/status/902617565838663680

I think that  tweet was meant to delight then disappoint Arsenal fans but it works with us Reds too the b***ard, fair play though it got me.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2499: Aug 29, 2017 09:30:01 pm
      Surprise...we've made no headway on any of our transfers (ingoing or outgoing).

We might as well go to sleep till Thursday. Looks like that's when everything is going to happen (if it does at all).

Didn't we just wrap up a signing yesterday?

Yea, it's for next year. But to come out and say 'we've made no headway on any of our transfers'

Ehhhhh..... Huh? Literally signed our top target.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2500: Aug 29, 2017 10:01:52 pm
      Yea, it's for next year...

... Literally signed our top target.

F**k knows what next year holds mate. Will we be better without Couts?  :-\

I don't know but surely, when Jürgen said [and people believed him, irrespective of the sh*te they peddle now] that Couts was going nowhere; his intention was to play ["top target"] Naby alongside Coutinho. Not buy him as a replacement. Any other interpretation is pure bullshit.

Jürgen said Coutinho is going no F***ing where - FSG backed him. No ambiguity and widely quoted. Any other spin is pure bullshit, designed to hedge (flip flopping cu*ts') bets.  Nothing more.

Same as the hedging over VvD - twenty different scenario offered up in the hope that one comes to fruition then the F***ing tools can claim they knew. :laugh:

« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2017 10:06:22 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2501: Aug 29, 2017 10:04:31 pm
      Didn't we just wrap up a signing yesterday?

Yea, it's for next year. But to come out and say 'we've made no headway on any of our transfers'

Ehhhhh..... Huh? Literally signed our top target.
      Oh c'mon....we haven't signed anymore that help us this year. The way Trump and the half pint in N Korea are going there may not be a July 2018. I'm concerned about the team we are putting on the field in Champions League.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2502: Aug 29, 2017 10:15:44 pm
      Oh c'mon....we haven't signed anymore that help us this year. The way Trump and the half pint in N Korea are going there may not be a July 2018. I'm concerned about the team we are putting on the field in Champions League.

Mate... Come on you are pushing the boat out a little too much with you're statements. You can't say "We've made no progress on our targets" when we've signed the one that everyone wanted. And you can't say "We haven't signed anyone that will help us this year" when you know fine and well Salah has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, we need more and we need strengthening for this year but let's call it as it is and not try and make things seem worse than they are. Things are certainly looking better than they were a few weeks ago.... However you may be right about Trump and the short arse Korean with the Brylcream sponsorship :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #2503: Aug 29, 2017 10:19:06 pm
      F**k knows what next year holds mate. Will we be better without Couts?  :-\

I don't know but surely, when Jürgen said [and people believed him, irrespective of the sh*te they peddle now] that Couts was going nowhere; his intention was to play ["top target"] Naby alongside Coutinho. Not buy him as a replacement. Any other interpretation is pure bullshit.

Jürgen said Coutinho is going no F***ing where - FSG backed him. No ambiguity and widely quoted. Any other spin is pure bullshit, designed to hedge (flip flopping cu*ts') bets.  Nothing more.

Same as the hedging over VvD - twenty different scenario offered up in the hope that one comes to fruition then the F***ing tools can claim they knew. :laugh:

To be honest... The way he's been acting I'd love us to bench him for the first 6 months of the season until we need him. Klopp has shown with Sakho he has no time for sh*t, and is quite happy to say 'F**k you too' to anyone who deserves it.

We are a better team with him in it when he's on form, but he's notoriously inconsistent and I can't remember a season when there have been calls for him to be dropped due to poor form.... My gut says he'll stay though
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,188 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2504: Aug 29, 2017 10:19:53 pm
      Oh dear FL is going to have to cry himself to sleep another night.

Hopefully we get in a few signings or I fear for his wellbeing  :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2505: Aug 29, 2017 10:57:51 pm
      Mate... Come on you are pushing the boat out a little too much with you're statements. You can't say "We've made no progress on our targets" when we've signed the one that everyone wanted. And you can't say "We haven't signed anyone that will help us this year" when you know fine and well Salah has been amazing. Don't get me wrong, we need more and we need strengthening for this year but let's call it as it is and not try and make things seem worse than they are. Things are certainly looking better than they were a few weeks ago.... However you may be right about Trump and the short arse Korean with the Brylcream sponsorship :D

Wait, look what I wrote, I'm not saying Salah isn't helping, I said "anymore" that will help us this year. I completely acknowledge he's a positive addition, but you yourself have agreed we need more additions. Keita is great but who knows what's going on next year and likely he will be replacing Coutinho so we will still need cover in midfield. Sorry if everyone wants to have a wankfest on us aggressively monitoring Lemar and VVD but I don't see any indication that we are signing either of them yet.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2506: Aug 29, 2017 11:00:07 pm
      Sorry if everyone wants to have a wankfest

I think we have been on this board too long....another 10 years nobody will understand us in our natural habitat.

Quick Reply