Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 272050 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #966: Jun 09, 2017 01:27:13 am
      I don't think there's a chance they sell him if the takeover is so close to happening.

I don't think there's a chance they sell him regardless.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #967: Jun 09, 2017 05:58:24 am
      If through all this saga, we do ultimately get hit with a transfer ban, I guess mission accomplished for FSG.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #968: Jun 09, 2017 06:23:42 am
      If through all this saga, we do ultimately get hit with a transfer ban, I guess mission accomplished for FSG.

Hahaha ... funny it may seems. But in all honesty you could be 100% right. The spending habit of the owners for the last 7 years  do not suggest otherwise. There is a big backlash among worldwide supporters, in case FSG is still in slumber. They better do some immediate damage control.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #969: Jun 09, 2017 06:40:55 am
      idk why people get played by the media every year. we never sign the big fake targets we know about come seasons end. "oh they are Klopp's first choice targets" ;D nobody will ever know that for sure. who cares who we sign or for how much, if they're on a shortlist Klopp's team drew up he'd be happy with them and so should we.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,295 posts | 939 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #970: Jun 09, 2017 08:16:28 am
      If we were not going to get VVD then I would go after two younger but talented CB's (say Keane & Tah) for the same money and plow the rest of the cash up top where the goals are scored.

With FSG at the helm we will be getting sweet fa
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #971: Jun 09, 2017 09:14:35 am
      Southampton holding out for at least 70m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4585542/Southampton-demand-70m-Virgil-Van-Dijk.html

Lock this up, was never going to happen even without the tapping up.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #972: Jun 09, 2017 09:43:15 am
      Lock this up, was never going to happen even without the tapping up

No.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #973: Jun 09, 2017 10:05:23 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4585542/Southampton-demand-70m-Virgil-Van-Dijk.html

Wish somebody would lock you up :D.
      +12
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #974: Jun 09, 2017 11:58:56 am

Klopps fault no?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #975: Jun 09, 2017 12:55:40 pm
      We did sh*t in this transfer, really sh*t but for 60m-70m, he is not worth it. With that money, we could buy someone else better.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #976: Jun 09, 2017 01:37:59 pm
      At this sort of valuation, we're actually sellers and not buyers aren't we? Paying £60-100m is totally against Moneyball.

The perfect Moneyball scenario is picking up Matip for free and selling him for £100m. Suarez is considered classic Moneyball. The failed Moneyball is the attempt to buy a £50m player with £16m - Mario. The next Moneyball player will be Cou. I'll be watching.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #977: Jun 09, 2017 02:03:46 pm
      JWH&Co have got this transfer bollocks/speculation/blame/innaction/minimal spend/complete detatchment procedure down to a fine art - after nearly eight years honing the blag is fail safe.
      The VVD saga is running like clockwork.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #978: Jun 09, 2017 04:14:14 pm
      At the beginning of the week there was an unsourced article saying we had agreed wages with VVD but then were goign back on the deal, trying to reduce his pay. The reaction on here was about how cheap FSG were and not serious about competing, blah, blah blah.

Not one word on here at the time about - we shouldn't be talking to him, we shouldn't be letting anything out there in the press, etc. Just that FSG were the villains.

Then it appeared for a few minutes that he was going to sign with us - that he had told us he wanted to. People were excited. Again, NOTHING about we shouldn't be talking to him, it would be an illegal approach, or anything like that.

Then (about 30 minutes later) everything becomes about illegal approaches, tapping up, etc. and the commentary immediately returns to FSG are awful, they are embarrassing the club, we're never getting top players in while x, y or z are involved, etc.

So if they were wrong when they had supposedly made a deal and then were trying to renegotiate it, why then was it not wrong to have been talking with the player in the first place? Because now THAT is what FSG are being excoriated for, even though that was apparently perfectly fine when they were getting ripped for the other.

At this point all that we have on the record is that the club have apologized for "a misunderstanding" (no further explanation) and publicly stated they are dropping interest in the player (21 days today from the opening of the window). Nothing else sourced or attributed. Oh, and we do have this news about a new owner coming in to Southampton. Oh, and we have the player "thinking."

So after 24 hours of down-time, it really does seem best to keep powder dry and wait and see what actually happens. THEN draw conclusions. I am prescribing this only for myself and am always intrigued by competing, disagreeing and collaborating thought processes exhibited by fellow supporters.

I hope you all have the most tremendous of weekends.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #979: Jun 09, 2017 06:35:21 pm
      JWH&Co have got this transfer bollocks/speculation/blame/innaction/minimal spend/complete detatchment procedure down to a fine art - after nearly eight years honing the blag is fail safe.
      The VVD saga is running like clockwork.

Got it!!  😎
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2017 06:50:08 pm by harrydunn08 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,903 posts | 6829 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #980: Jun 10, 2017 08:57:20 am
      Sorry everyone, as gutted as you all that this fell through but this is too funny not to share.

https://www.facebook.com/www.JOE.co.uk/videos/908102159353851/

:lmao: :lmao:

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #981: Jun 10, 2017 09:28:30 am
      I gave him a +1 for calling you out.  He never insulted you, yet you have insulted him a couple of times. 

Pot.  Kettle.  Black. 

I also gave Brian a +1.  I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but I have great respect for his opinion and it was well written.  People are allowed to have different opinions....

Still waiting for you to enlighten me as to where I insulted the poster in question.
      Perhaps your interpretation of 'insult' should be scrutinised - if people are offended when their views are challenged and sometimes found wanting they may feel personally insulted, in much the same way as Ribapuru may have been 'insulted' by your recent criticism of his comment.

In actual fact an open forum does what it says on the can, freedom to express opinion within the bounds of an acceptable standard set by moderating staff, since no action has been taken against me that would suggest your post above is no more than waffle,
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2017 09:35:40 am by stuey »
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #982: Jun 10, 2017 03:18:41 pm
      Still waiting for you to enlighten me as to where I insulted the poster in question.
      Perhaps your interpretation of 'insult' should be scrutinised - if people are offended when their views are challenged and sometimes found wanting they may feel personally insulted, in much the same way as Ribapuru may have been 'insulted' by your recent criticism of his comment.

In actual fact an open forum does what it says on the can, freedom to express opinion within the bounds of an acceptable standard set by moderating staff, since no action has been taken against me that would suggest your post above is no more than waffle,

Here you go mate:

F**k off with that sh*t, you disappear up your own arse defending FSG and when confronted with eight years of identical f**king bollocks from the frauds you resort to some personal comment to attempt to retain credibility.
      Phoney as them lad

See the other fraud plusslng you to endeavour to add some plausibility to the bollocks.

1.  You hint at him being an FSG apologist, something which is thrown around on here as an insult.  The suggestion being that he (or other "frauds") support the owners more than the club.  Here's something to think about -- not being an FSG conspiracy theorist doesn't make someone an FSG apologist. 

2.  You call him (and others like me) a fraud for not grabbing our pitchforks and joining in with you.  While subtle, it is intended to suggest we are not as committed to the club as others such as your fine self. 

I really don't care if you want to insult me -- I'm a rather easy target after all -- but don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining 😉
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #983: Jun 10, 2017 03:59:46 pm
      Here you go mate:

[
      1.  You hint at him being an FSG apologist, something which is thrown around on here as an insult.  The suggestion being that he (or other "frauds") support the owners more than the club.  Here's something to think about -- not being an FSG conspiracy theorist doesn't make someone an FSG apologist.   .  You call him (and others like me) a fraud for not grabbing our pitchforks and joining in with you.  While subtle, it is intended to suggest we are not as committed to the club as others such as your fine self. 

I really don't care if you want to insult me -- I'm a rather easy target after all -- but don't piss on my head and tell me it's raining 😉

I respond in kind, if insult and innuendo are presented to a post I submit, the same will be given in answer.
      I'm no choir boy and very few posters here would pass the audition before singing a note.
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #984: Jun 10, 2017 05:16:36 pm
      I respond in kind, if insult and innuendo are presented to a post I submit, the same will be given in answer.
      I'm no choir boy and very few posters here would pass the audition before singing a note.

Its not a big deal mate.  It really doesnt bother me.  Just don't throw stones and then act like a saint.  We're all guilty of the same sh*t!! 😎
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #985: Jun 11, 2017 12:17:45 am
      VAN DIJK TOOK PART IN TACTICAL TALKS WITH KLOPP AND CHELSEA COULD NOW BE DRAGGED IN TO FIASCO OVER DEFENDERS FUTURE

Virgil Van Dijk held detailed talks with Jürgen Klopp over where he’d fit in to his side and even agreed personal terms with the Reds before his proposed move to Liverpool broke down,

It emerged on Monday that Van Dijk wanted to move to Liverpool this summer and it appears that all was left to do for the transfer to be completed was for the clubs to agree a fee. The report says that Van Dijk held one-on-one interviews with Jürgen Klopp and other staff at Liverpool, received video messages explaining where he’d fit in to the Reds’ team, agreed personal terms with the club and ‘kicked up a fuss’ in order to be sold by Southampton.

But the Saints held firm and despite Van Dijk’s talks with Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea over the last few months, they are determined to keep hold of the Dutchman, who still has 5 years remaining on his existing contract. It would take ‘silly money’ to tempt Southampton to sell and the players’ hopes that a deal could be done with Liverpool for around £50m were simply not feasible.

A report in Independent.ie today has also suggested that Chelsea held detailed talks with Van Dijk and could now also be accused of making an illegal approach for the 25-year-old centre back.

The sort of fee that may convince the Saints to sell is said to be around the £70m mark. It’s claimed that the players agent was a big driving force behind the player choosing Liverpool as it would have seen him receive the most money of all the deals on the table.

http://www.anfieldhq.com/van-dijk-took-part-tactical-talks-klopp-chelsea-now-dragged-fiasco-defenders-future/
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #986: Jun 11, 2017 12:49:48 am
      VAN DIJK TOOK PART IN TACTICAL TALKS WITH KLOPP AND CHELSEA COULD NOW BE DRAGGED IN TO FIASCO OVER DEFENDERS FUTURE

Virgil Van Dijk held detailed talks with Jürgen Klopp over where he’d fit in to his side and even agreed personal terms with the Reds before his proposed move to Liverpool broke down,

It emerged on Monday that Van Dijk wanted to move to Liverpool this summer and it appears that all was left to do for the transfer to be completed was for the clubs to agree a fee. The report says that Van Dijk held one-on-one interviews with Jürgen Klopp and other staff at Liverpool, received video messages explaining where he’d fit in to the Reds’ team, agreed personal terms with the club and ‘kicked up a fuss’ in order to be sold by Southampton.

But the Saints held firm and despite Van Dijk’s talks with Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea over the last few months, they are determined to keep hold of the Dutchman, who still has 5 years remaining on his existing contract. It would take ‘silly money’ to tempt Southampton to sell and the players’ hopes that a deal could be done with Liverpool for around £50m were simply not feasible.

A report in Independent.ie today has also suggested that Chelsea held detailed talks with Van Dijk and could now also be accused of making an illegal approach for the 25-year-old centre back.

The sort of fee that may convince the Saints to sell is said to be around the £70m mark. It’s claimed that the players agent was a big driving force behind the player choosing Liverpool as it would have seen him receive the most money of all the deals on the table.

http://www.anfieldhq.com/van-dijk-took-part-tactical-talks-klopp-chelsea-now-dragged-fiasco-defenders-future/

Well, on the bright side, he chose us over the oil club....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #987: Jun 11, 2017 01:01:45 pm
      Is anyone actually still clinging on [like sh*t to a blanket] to the hope this will happen? 😄
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,433 posts | 6423 
      Reply #988: Jun 11, 2017 01:12:35 pm
      Is anyone actually still clinging on [like sh*t to a blanket] to the hope this will happen? 😄
      It's the hope that wounds you....

Quick Reply