Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263152 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1081: Jun 25, 2017 05:39:28 pm
      Enters thread and sees Jonny Evans' name mentioned.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017 10:57:04 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1082: Jun 25, 2017 05:39:46 pm
      I'm sorry but you can't be serious when you say you'd want us to sign Jonny Evans, you really can't.

Why not? You can add depth at a position that we truly need it. I would be up to signing him under the stipulation that you also sign a young CB to bring along. Evans isn't a great and he is older. However, by signing him it gives you stability and allows you to sign Keita and possibly a striker. Again, I hope it doesn't happen. I hope we spend whatever it takes for VVD. But what other options are there for us at CB that are a better squad player than Evans
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1083: Jun 25, 2017 05:42:29 pm
      Most defenders will do alright when they get help from the other 10 players who all sit behind the ball :D

Haha that's also very true
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1084: Jun 25, 2017 05:48:27 pm
      We were responding to BBB question regarding other players out there..nobody was advocating anything.

You yourself have said this one is dead in the water and no way it's going to happen now so why shouldn't we be looking at other options?

Because those aren't options.

Options would be similar quality CB's.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1085: Jun 25, 2017 06:06:21 pm

Tah is showing all the same attributes that VVD did when he was at Celtic....not to many available CB's out there right now..some OK ones but none of them with the same all around game as VVD (hence the pricetag), thus good luck finding similar quality. If you can't find similar quality then buy 2 talented but not quite there yet CB.
      « Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017 07:42:26 pm by AZPatriot »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1086: Jun 25, 2017 06:08:05 pm

There are no similar CBs of VVD quality that want to join us right now. That's what makes him so special and a must sign. All other options are contingency plans.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1087: Jun 25, 2017 06:12:41 pm
      Did someone suggest our second choice after VVD needs to be johnny Evans...is there no inbetween here :D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1088: Jun 25, 2017 06:23:48 pm
      Did someone suggest our second choice after VVD needs to be johnny Evans...is there no inbetween here :D

Rather go for johnny english or johnny rotten
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1089: Jun 25, 2017 06:37:19 pm
      Tah is showing all the same attributes that VVD did when he was at Celtic....not to many available CB's out there right now..some OK ones but none of them with the same all around game as VVD (hence the pricetag), thus good luck finding similar quality.

Earlier I said if u were to sign Evans it be contingent on signing a young promising CB. Cant think of any that fit that bill better than Johnathon Tah. However, he more than likely isnt leaving Bayer and he would cost to much to land while getting Evans. The only reason u would get a vet CB is to give younger CBs a  little more time to develop. With Tah he is probably worth the money and he can play right away, though you probably would see some growing pains in moving into an offensive heavy league. I watched him in the euro's and he played pretty well and is big physical kid. If we could land him it would be a nice transfer though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1090: Jun 25, 2017 06:39:12 pm
      Rudiger looks like an absolute monster. Quick, agile, big and strong, I bet he wouldn't cost 70m.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1091: Jun 25, 2017 06:49:33 pm
      Rudiger looks like an absolute monster. Quick, agile, big and strong, I bet he wouldn't cost 70m.

We had one identical at the same height   .....  he was called Sakho .

Don't know about quick or agile though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1092: Jun 25, 2017 06:55:51 pm
      Rather go for johnny english or johnny rotten

Johnny Ball Bag?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1093: Jun 25, 2017 07:36:51 pm
      We had one identical at the same height   .....  he was called Sakho .

Don't know about quick or agile though.

Rudiger is a bit cumbersome for me
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1094: Jun 25, 2017 08:45:52 pm
      Most defenders will do alright when they get help from the other 10 players who all sit behind the ball :D

Most defenders will do alright when they get help from the 10 players who are all sh*t behind the ball !!

There, fixed it for ya Mcarz  ;D

Johnny Evans  ??? FF'S  :f_doh:

YNWA
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #1095: Jun 25, 2017 09:00:11 pm
      I'll probably get killed for this but here it goes anyway. I would sign Johnny Evans and Andy Robertson (u can get them both for a reasonable price). With the 70mil we would NOT have to pay VVD we could use that to get Naby Keita and a midfielder (which looks like OX :-\) If we could perhaps do something to get Moreno, Lucas, and maybe even Stu or Origi off the books than more options open up. If that's the case we might be able to go after a striker whose pace better suits Salah and Mane. Benzema? Aubamayang? (or however you spell it) I know they are both old, but they fit into the window. Evans and Robertson aren't going to give what VVD does obviously. However, Robertson is better prepared to face CL football than Milner when you look at who they will face. As for Evans he can be a solid defender who can be consistent at CB. Thats more than we can say for Lovern

Johnny Evans is nowhere near good enough for us and Lovren is a better CB on his worst day. 

No thanks.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1096: Jun 25, 2017 09:13:38 pm
      Johnny Evans is nowhere near good enough for us and Lovren is a better CB on his worst day. 

No thanks.

I disagree, speaking of Loverns worst is exactly why I brought having a guy like Evans. Evans is limited and older, but he is smart. Lovern is better than Evans on his best days, but with Lovern you never know what you are going to get. He can be careless with his passes and clearances and loses defenders on crosses far to often for me. I like Lover when he is on, but he is a liability. Tah would be the perfect choice but he doesn't want to come, or though it would seem. How about Lucas Hernandez? He would probably be the in-between of VVD and Evans. And like Evans he could play left back to. The only reasons I picked Evans is he would be a nice squad player to give u depth while allowing you to go out and spend good money on other positions of need (Mid Field and striker). And if you got Evans you could still afford a nice LB Robertson. Like I said this is just me. 
      redjas71
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #1097: Jun 25, 2017 09:20:57 pm
      I like Lover when he is on, but he is a liability.

Not sure what I find most surprising, that you are advocating Jonny Evans ahead of VVD, or that your boyfriend has periods...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1098: Jun 25, 2017 09:24:46 pm
      I disagree, speaking of Loverns worst is exactly why I brought having a guy like Evans. Evans is limited and older, but he is smart. Lovern is better than Evans on his best days, but with Lovern you never know what you are going to get. He can be careless with his passes and clearances and loses defenders on crosses far to often for me. I like Lover when he is on, but he is a liability. Tah would be the perfect choice but he doesn't want to come, or though it would seem. How about Lucas Hernandez? He would probably be the in-between of VVD and Evans. And like Evans he could play left back to. The only reasons I picked Evans is he would be a nice squad player to give u depth while allowing you to go out and spend good money on other positions of need (Mid Field and striker). And if you got Evans you could still afford a nice LB Robertson. Like I said this is just me. 

Why do you keep mentioning Evans? A team that has the aspirations we have should and would not give a first or second thought to signing him. Are you on drugs. I mean seriously, are you huffing paint?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1099: Jun 25, 2017 09:33:39 pm

No thanks.

Can't quite agree about his worst days mate, as they're pretty horrible but I get where you're coming from and I'd definitely take Lovren over Evans every day of the week and that's before we consider Evans being a horrible Manc c**t that should be sent off in every match he plays the dirty little sh*te.

I'd also take Lucas at CB over Evans, can't stand the little b***ard as I'm sure has already come across :D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1100: Jun 25, 2017 09:50:55 pm
      Not sure what I find most surprising, that you are advocating Jonny Evans ahead of VVD, or that your boyfriend has periods...

U will see nowhere in any of my post where I advocate Evans or any other CB for that matter over VVD. I am on record of saying pay VVD 80 mil if it's what it takes.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #1101: Jun 25, 2017 09:57:16 pm
      Why do you keep mentioning Evans? A team that has the aspirations we have should and would not give a first or second thought to signing him. Are you on drugs. I mean seriously, are you huffing paint?

Would you agree that Sanchez is a viable option and a happy median between VVD and Evans? I also love the idea of not settling on guys like Evans. You and I are on the same page. I hope we get VVD and Keita at just about any cost. But this is FSG we are talking about, the past few transfer windows have shown us not to get our hopes tOo high. Would it really surprise you if we get OX as our midfield transfer and mid level CB? 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,210 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1102: Jun 25, 2017 10:44:28 pm
      I'll probably get killed for this but here it goes anyway. I would sign Johnny Evans and Andy Robertson (u can get them both for a reasonable price). With the 70mil we would NOT have to pay VVD we could use that to get Naby Keita and a midfielder (which looks like OX :-\) If we could perhaps do something to get Moreno, Lucas, and maybe even Stu or Origi off the books than more options open up. If that's the case we might be able to go after a striker whose pace better suits Salah and Mane. Benzema? Aubamayang? (or however you spell it) I know they are both old, but they fit into the window. Evans and Robertson aren't going to give what VVD does obviously. However, Robertson is better prepared to face CL football than Milner when you look at who they will face. As for Evans he can be a solid defender who can be consistent at CB. Thats more than we can say for Lovern

Nah, just lay off the crack!!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1103: Jun 25, 2017 11:00:20 pm
      Earlier I said if u were to sign Evans it be contingent on signing a young promising CB. Cant think of any that fit that bill better than Johnathon Tah. However, he more than likely isnt leaving Bayer and he would cost to much to land while getting Evans. The only reason u would get a vet CB is to give younger CBs a  little more time to develop. With Tah he is probably worth the money and he can play right away, though you probably would see some growing pains in moving into an offensive heavy league. I watched him in the euro's and he played pretty well and is big physical kid. If we could land him it would be a nice transfer though.

Genuinely intrigued by your user name. Cornershop's unsuccessful follow up to 'Brimful of Asha on the 45' perhaps?

Quick Reply