Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260823 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1104: Jun 25, 2017 11:19:36 pm
      Johnny Evans  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Please just stop.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1105: Jun 25, 2017 11:29:02 pm
      Genuinely intrigued by your user name. Cornershop's unsuccessful follow up to 'Brimful of Asha on the 45' perhaps?

I live in VA, 434 is my area code
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1106: Jun 25, 2017 11:29:36 pm
      Genuinely intrigued by your user name. Cornershop's unsuccessful follow up to 'Brimful of Asha on the 45' perhaps?

Thats an (end of)  '96 song I F***ing hate with the plague.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1107: Jun 25, 2017 11:35:25 pm

Haha, good one. Y'all straight hating on Evans. I get it. He isn't an elite or even a really good CB. Like I said earlier if we would go after Sanchez, Tah, De Virj, or even a dude like Sarr I would be happy. I just don't have a lot of confidence in FSG. Especially after we broke the transfer record on Salah.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1108: Jun 25, 2017 11:37:26 pm

Ahh! Well it's good to have you on here pal.

Thats an (end of)  '96 song I f**king hate with the plague.

If we're talking disgraces from 1996 then there's plenty more! I was only a young one back then but even I remember the atrocity that was Gina G's 'Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit' and I'm sure you do too Skip!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1109: Jun 25, 2017 11:39:50 pm

If we're talking disgraces from 1996 then there's plenty more! I was only a young one back then but even I remember the atrocity that was Gina G's 'Ooh Aah Just A Little Bit' and I'm sure you do too Skip!

Oh yes mate .... p-lease dont remind me 
       ;D

P.S.    Only six months to Christmas  troops.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1110: Jun 25, 2017 11:48:04 pm

Thanks dude. Being from America it's pretty rare to have anyone to talk EPL football with. I am a follower of all sports here in the states. And though I have followed other sports team most of my life I started following Liverpool in 13 and have been following in love with the sport and club more and more each season. It has taken over all the other teams this past season and I love it
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1111: Jun 26, 2017 12:52:53 am

What part of VA? I lived and worked in Richmond and Charlottesville for awhile. Both of my boys were born in Charlottesville.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1112: Jun 26, 2017 12:58:05 am
      What part of VA? I lived and worked in Richmond and Charlottesville for awhile. Both of my boys were born in Charlottesville.

Cool man. Appomattox. Other side of Lynchburg. I have season tickets to UVA. Big Hoos fan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #1113: Jun 26, 2017 01:36:25 am
      Cool man. Appomattox. Other side of Lynchburg. I have season tickets to UVA. Big Hoos fan.

Please tell me you don't wear khaki shorts and a white shirt and tie to the games? :D

Can't stand those folks ;D
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #1114: Jun 26, 2017 08:30:20 am

Great... Now I've got that little ear worm for the rest of the day.  :f_steam:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1115: Jun 26, 2017 08:59:41 am
      Please tell me you don't wear khaki shorts and a white shirt and tie to the games? :D

Can't stand those folks ;D

Haha. Nope. I don't rock a blazer or a visor either.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1116: Jun 26, 2017 09:02:29 am
      I'm guessing the first place got its name from something native American but Lynchburg? Sounds like it was formed by the Klan.

Unknown, but it wouldn't surprise me. My town is famous for being where the confederate army surrendered to the union in the Americans civil war..... So there is that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1117: Jun 26, 2017 10:48:04 am
      I'm guessing the first place got its name from something native American but Lynchburg? Sounds like it was formed by the Klan.

"Lynchburg was named for its founder, John Lynch, who at the age of 17 started a ferry service across the James River in 1757. He was also responsible for Lynchburg's first bridge across the river, which replaced the ferry in 1812."
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #1118: Jun 26, 2017 10:56:38 am
      I'll probably get killed for this but here it goes anyway. I would sign Johnny Evans and Andy Robertson (u can get them both for a reasonable price). With the 70mil we would NOT have to pay VVD we could use that to get Naby Keita and a midfielder (which looks like OX :-\) If we could perhaps do something to get Moreno, Lucas, and maybe even Stu or Origi off the books than more options open up. If that's the case we might be able to go after a striker whose pace better suits Salah and Mane. Benzema? Aubamayang? (or however you spell it) I know they are both old, but they fit into the window. Evans and Robertson aren't going to give what VVD does obviously. However, Robertson is better prepared to face CL football than Milner when you look at who they will face. As for Evans he can be a solid defender who can be consistent at CB. Thats more than we can say for Lovern

johnny evans...a prime c**t as close a neville as you will ever get. fcuk right off you muppet.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1119: Jun 26, 2017 12:57:32 pm
      I'll probably get killed for this but here it goes anyway. I would sign Johnny Evans and Andy Robertson (u can get them both for a reasonable price). With the 70mil we would NOT have to pay VVD we could use that to get Naby Keita and a midfielder (which looks like OX
      😁

You ain't going to get killed for it but it's very apparent that you are new [4 years, you said] to the game mate.

Neither of the lads, you mention, are the best option in either position and surely your team deserves "the best"?

I appreciate (tho don't understand why) that we have a few fans who seem to care more about finance than football but the truth is: we really can afford the best. 

Most of the teams fans believe our [your] team deserves the best we can get... not the cheapest.

I'm sure as your love of LFC blossoms and grows you'll appreciate that too. 😎

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1120: Jun 26, 2017 01:14:52 pm
      Unknown, but it wouldn't surprise me. My town is famous for being where the confederate army surrendered to the union in the Americans civil war..... So there is that

May I be the first one to say...THAT is f**king cool. I'll always remember studying it at school. What was the name of the farmer who's farmland had borne witness to one of the first battles of the war and also the end in his farm at Appomattox? 'Started in his back yard and ended in his porch' something along those lines? Sure it was mentioned in the Ken Burns series on the Civil War.

edit: Just googled it. Wilmer McLean - that was his name. Also I was wrong - it was two different pieces of land but he moved to Appomattox after the war broke out.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 01:20:58 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1121: Jun 26, 2017 01:21:41 pm
      Neither of the lads, you mention, are the best option in either position and surely your team deserves "the best"?

Can you clarify this? 

Are you saying that LFC as a club, deserves the best players in the world? 

Are you saying that the fans of LFC deserve for the club to sign the best players possible?  Understanding that some players (Messi, Ronaldo, etc) are unrealistic at this point in time....

Something else? 

I'm curious about what exactly we deserve, and also why we deserve anything at all....
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1122: Jun 26, 2017 01:45:07 pm
      Can you clarify this? 

Are you saying that LFC as a club, deserves the best players in the world? 

Are you saying that the fans of LFC deserve for the club to sign the best players possible? Understanding that some players (Messi, Ronaldo, etc) are unrealistic at this point in time....

Something else? 

I'm curious about what exactly we deserve, and also why we deserve anything at all....

BBB probably means we should buy Messi and Ronaldo eh Harry, he doesn't accept they "aren't available at this time". It'll either be that or he thinks we should move heaven and earth to sign the players Jürgen feels are the best options within our budget.

Definitely one of the two anyway.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1123: Jun 26, 2017 01:58:50 pm
      Read the context and quit being a c**t for the sake of it.

I'm sick of your sh*te harry; so much so that I won't be reading it again. 😉
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1124: Jun 26, 2017 02:04:51 pm
      BBB probably means we should buy Messi and Ronaldo eh Harry, he doesn't accept they "aren't available at this time". It'll either be that or he thinks we should move heaven and earth to sign the players Jürgen feels are the best options within our budget.

Definitely one of the two anyway.
      Cheers mate but you and I both know that he knew that already. He's just being a c**t. 😊
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1125: Jun 26, 2017 02:24:25 pm
      Read the context and quit being a c**t for the sake of it.

I'm sick of your sh*te harry; so much so that I won't be reading it again. 😉

Ha!  Good yo know I'm so highly regarded!!  😎

For whay its worth, I agree with you that we should be trying to sign the beat players possible.  It's just the notion that we somehow deserve the best or are entitled to the best that is lost on me....

In either case, it seems that VVD and Keita are the height of our ambitions -- Klopp's top targets.  Hopefully we get them both!!  😉
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 02:38:42 pm by harrydunn08 »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1126: Jun 26, 2017 06:57:40 pm
      Ha!  Good yo know I'm so highly regarded!!  😎

For whay its worth, I agree with you that we should be trying to sign the beat players possible.  It's just the notion that we somehow deserve the best or are entitled to the best that is lost on me....

In either case, it seems that VVD and Keita are the height of our ambitions -- Klopp's top targets.  Hopefully we get them both!!  😉

When I suggested Evans and Robertson I wasn't setteling as much as I was expecting FSG to settle. These past few transfer windows have been a pretty big let down and all I was doing was stating that these seem like "likely" moves based on the past. The last transfer window we had where we were gearing up for CL football we went out and got two players who weren't better than others in the same position (Lallana and Lovern). Though those players were nice additions they weren't better than Couthino or Sahko. We have already gone out and gotten Salah, and I love that move. That makes Phillip better as he drops back to his natural position and we get crazy counter speed in Mo. We kill two birds with one stone. Like you said, I am limited in football knowledge compared to all of you. But I am not limited in how business runs or how FSG does business. They also run the Boston Red Sox here in the states, and I can tell you all that Henry and the boys prioritize the Sox over L.F.C. They have theee world seris since 04 and have done so by "anything nessacary" tactics to get there. Anways, to think we will go out and buy VVD and Keita while already having bough Mo is a pipe dream. Now I think I speak for most and certainly agree with past post directed toward me that I hope they do this. I want the best and hope FSG has learned from past failures. I'm just skeptical, that's all.

Quick Reply