Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263582 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1380: Jul 21, 2017 06:25:49 pm
      In related news, this just in: Keita has sh*t his pants on the team bus, but only after padlocking the doors shut and trapping the rest of the team inside.

He says the key is in his bum and he'll only unlock when he gets his move.

If that's what it takes to get a transfer...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1381: Jul 21, 2017 06:27:57 pm
      If that's what it takes to get a transfer...

also guarantees he'll have a room to himself for away trips.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1382: Jul 21, 2017 07:03:41 pm
      Focus on Virgil now for next two weeks, to give enough time for Keita to realise he's not leaving with Leipzigs current stance and submit a transfer request of his own.
      We should be stumping up to get them both without any outlays. FSG have invested nothing into the team (other than a stadium LOAN) over the last 2 seasons.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6389 
      Reply #1383: Jul 21, 2017 07:04:55 pm
      Focus on Virgil now for next two weeks, to give enough time for Keita to realise he's not leaving with Leipzigs current stance and submit a transfer request of his own.
      We should be stumping up to get them both without any outlays. FSG have invested nothing into the team (other than a stadium LOAN) over the last 2 seasons.

There are no such things as transfer requests in Germany.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #1384: Jul 21, 2017 07:13:51 pm
      I don't like this. The forced move from the player. It's hypocritical.

We hate it when Suarez did it. We would hate it if Coutinho did it to move to Barcelona...

Yet we are delighted when players we want to buy go and do it..

Players have the power, end of. Forgetting the salaries, how would you like to be forced to work/live in a place you didn't want to be for several years on end.

Coutinho and Suarez are two different situations.  I can't see how anyone could begrudge Suarez his move after he gave everything to the club in his last season. 31 goals after being banned for the first 6 games of the season - that's immense and unheard of in the premier league era. Coutinho is by far our best player, but he's not in the same league as Luis. He also hasn't give us everything he's capable of, he was off form for several months after coming back from injury in the new year. If he provides a 20 goal from midfield output within a season he will have earnt his big money move, and I wouldn't begrudge him for it - I would this summer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1385: Jul 21, 2017 07:39:10 pm
      Liverpool target Virgil van Dijk ordered to train alone at Southampton after telling club he wants to leave

Virgil van Dijk is training alone at Southampton after telling the club he wants to leave.

The Holland defender was a target for Liverpool earlier this summer, only for interest to be withdrawn after Southampton reported the Anfield club to the Premier League for tapping up.
      But the 26-year-old has outlined his desire to exit the south-coast club, prompting Pellegrino to banish him from the first-team
      setup.

'The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave,' Pellegrino told the Daily Echo. 'This is the decision.

'I had to say 'if you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel OK then you have to train alone until this period of time happens'

'My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him.

'The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil.

'Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 1000 per cent to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4718698/Virgil-van-Dijk-tells-Southampton-wants-leave.html#ixzz4nU5FTcDT
      Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That part in bold is the new manager telling Soton...get me my 70 million so I can bring in my own players.

Brilliant news.

I get that people would be pissed if Coutinho did the same, of course we would but right now this is what we need most so I'm happy enough for it to work in our favour.

Also see that Keita is 'recovering' from his injury quite well too.

Would be an interesting question, would people accept losing Coutinho to gain both Keita and VvD. Of course we want all 3 but I think it would split opinion a little.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1386: Jul 21, 2017 07:41:39 pm
      Brilliant news.

I get that people would be pissed if Coutinho did the same, of course we would but right now this is what we need most so I'm happy enough for it to work in our favour.

Also see that Keita is 'recovering' from his injury quite well too.

Would be an interesting question, would people accept losing Coutinho to gain both Keita and VvD. Of course we want all 3 but I think it would split opinion a little.

If we could keep Phil for this season, get Keita and VVD to me it would be about as good as could be asked.

Next Summer we still have a great mid-field...defense could be sorted and then we are just adding pure quality to the squad.

We will see...Personally felt VVD was going to happen hence no linkings with other CB's and an all quiet from the club the past month.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #1387: Jul 21, 2017 07:42:04 pm
      I hate players striking. What happens if we sign him and in a few years Barca come in for him but we refuse to sell? Is he going to strike then?

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him still though.

Spot on!

If he had anything about him he would hand in a transfer request but still continue working for Southampton like a pro.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1388: Jul 21, 2017 07:43:47 pm
      If we could keep Phil for this season, get Keita and VVD to me it would be about as good as could be asked.

Next Summer we still have a great mid-field...defense could be sorted and then we are just adding pure quality to the squad.

We will see...Personally felt VVD was going to happen hence no linkings with other CB's and an all quiet from the club the past month.

My optimism had waned a little in the light of developments with Keita.

On the scenario you put forward, I'd be happy enough with that and if we did have those 3 I don't think we'd be far off winning the league. Once you taste success with a team it's harder to step away too, so hopefully Klopp's 'you could have a statue built here' talk and perhaps some success could fend off Barca. Who knows, but certainly much more encouraging today.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1389: Jul 21, 2017 07:51:03 pm
      [quote author=what-a-hit-son link=topic=49608.msg2060193#msg2060193

It's   time to apply  more pressure  this is the  pefect  time.We can't fail  on this one .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1390: Jul 21, 2017 10:12:29 pm
      [quote author=what-a-hit-son link=topic=49608.msg2060193#msg2060193

It's   time to apply  more pressure  this is the  pefect  time.We can't fail  on this one .

No real need, the process is under way.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1391: Jul 21, 2017 10:24:32 pm
      But still no official transfer request.
      Suarez was made to train alone...he still ended up staying.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,519 posts | 1508 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1392: Jul 21, 2017 11:21:00 pm
      VVD was at the heart of the Soton defence when we battered them 1-6 in the cup and at Soton

He ain't all that

:D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1393: Jul 21, 2017 11:48:47 pm
      VVD was at the heart of the Soton defence when we battered them 1-6 in the cup and at Soton

He ain't all that

:D

Was just doing some sabotage ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2831 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1394: Jul 22, 2017 12:02:29 am
      Training on his own apparently? Ours on deadline day id guess
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1395: Jul 22, 2017 12:08:43 am
      Training on his own apparently? Ours on deadline day id guess

Could already be out the Champions League by then so expect to see him snatched by the Chavs or someone else.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1396: Jul 22, 2017 01:18:52 am
      Could already be out the Champions League by then so expect to see him snatched by the Chavs or someone else.

Yeah because this current team is sh*t and cant win to save their lives.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1397: Jul 22, 2017 01:34:04 am
      Yeah because this current team is sh*t and cant win to save their lives.

To be honest, I think they are in for a good season with Pellegrino. I didn't rate him as a player at all but he has been one hell of a coach, think he will really bring out the best in them...hopefully without VVD though!
      With Puel, I never thought they would really get anywhere, they seemed like they really didn't suit and didn't make sense with him as manager, even though they got to a cup final. But Pellegrino will be a very good choice for them IMO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1398: Jul 22, 2017 04:04:31 am
      How does Joyce know any of what he has reported.
      There has been no briefing of journo's since the VVD incident.

What he should have said was "in my opinion".

Also this so called "in the know" predicted that something massive was going to happen last Thursday, not the one just gone past. Remember him saying sonething along the lines of,  this news was going to blow every ones mind!!! Still waiting!
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #1399: Jul 22, 2017 04:23:38 am
      Is it just me or has he told them three or four times now that he wants a transfer?

Virgil, they f***in know mate. Put a transfer request in.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1400: Jul 22, 2017 09:24:45 am
      Just had a look at a saints forum, F***ing hell they're angry. It's a bit like in here to be honest
      I can see how that would be the case mate. As you said your self - we are looking at (sort of) Karma in action.  :-\

My Granny and my Ma, bless them used to say - "six days ain't seven son" meaning that, before it's all over, life has a habit biting the arse of and making a tool of the c**t who wrongs you. The lesson being - try not to be the c**t doing the wronging.

* Some Reds fans are calling for VvD to hand in a request; to force a move but I have a feeling that the same fans would be calling Coutinho a c**t if he were to do the same with us.

* Some Reds fans will openly tell Barca to F**k off, to stop raiding us for our best players but the same fans will disregard the truth that we do the same to Southampton.

* And finally; Barca will be told to "go F**k yourselves... we won't be bullied... come back with a £120m" by the same fans who applaud our representatives for lowballing a club because the player "only wants to be with Liverpool".

SIX DAYS AIN'T SEVEN Redmen.  ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 09:28:51 am by bad boy bubby »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1401: Jul 22, 2017 09:49:14 am
      "He's holding out for the loyalty bonus. As things stand, he's no intention of submitting a transfer request. Thinks the move will happen anyway."

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57504-Virgil-Transfer-Rumours-Summer-17&p=2514066#post2514066
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1402: Jul 22, 2017 09:52:44 am

That's the spirit

Quick Reply