Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 262443 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1403: Jul 22, 2017 10:20:46 am
      "He's holding out for the loyalty bonus. As things stand, he's no intention of submitting a transfer request. Thinks the move will happen anyway."

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57504-Virgil-Transfer-Rumours-Summer-17&p=2514066#post2514066

How much is the loyalty bonus, just match it and get him to do the honourable thing and hand in a transfer request
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1404: Jul 22, 2017 10:30:14 am
      How much is the loyalty bonus, just match it and get him to do the honourable thing and hand in a transfer request

No idea.

But if that is true, to me that is nothing more than unadulterated greed.

You can see why their fans are pissed off.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1405: Jul 22, 2017 10:48:27 am

There's no point dressing it up, it's a possibility whether we want to admit it or not.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #1406: Jul 22, 2017 11:07:00 am
      No idea.

But if that is true, to me that is nothing more than unadulterated greed.

You can see why their fans are pissed off.

If we don't have our business wrapped up (whatever it may be) before our qualifier that's just stupid.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1407: Jul 22, 2017 11:32:03 am

The spirit JWH&Co have managed to create in their 7+ years tenure, the inevitable pre-season hope against hope/optimism is proving difficult to hold on to.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1408: Jul 22, 2017 04:44:48 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/21/mauricio-pellegrinovirgil-van-dijk-wants-leave-southampton-not/

The new Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has revealed that Virgil van Dijk says he wants to leave and is not currently in a fit “psychological” state to play for the club, with the Argentine coach having ordered the defender to train separately from the first team squad.

In his first interview since taking over at Southampton, Pellegrino has reiterated the club’s stance that Van Dijk will not be sold this summer and says that he hopes the 26-year-old will be reintegrated into the squad once he accepts the situation.

As things stand, Van Dijk, already the subject of a high-profile failed attempt by Liverpool to sign him, will not travel to France next week for a training camp and friendly against Saint Etienne a week on Saturday.

Having signed a new six-year contract last summer, the Dutchman’s performances last season made him the most sought-after defender in Europe with a value in excess of £60 million. Last month, Liverpool issued a public apology to Southampton and pledged to end their interest in Van Dijk when faced with a potential Premier League investigation into their conduct.

Yet Van Dijk has made it clear he still wishes to leave the club despite the firm stance taken by owner Katharina Liebherr and chairman Ralph Krueger over his future.

Van Dijk was also on Chelsea’s list of defensive targets at the start of the summer. Speaking at Southampton’s Marchwood training ground, Pellegrino said that he believed that Van Dijk would eventually return to the first team squad.

Pellegrino said: “My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him. The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil. I communicate the idea of the club to the players and for me it was easy [to leave Van Dijk out of training] because I had to manage the dynamic of the team.

“Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 100 per cent to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.”

It was Pellegrino’s decision that Van Dijk train separately, and the Argentine is expected to be uncompromising when it comes to protecting the team spirit at the club.

“The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave. This is the decision. I had to say, ‘If you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel okay then you have to train alone until this period of time is over.”

Player power ?

Does Pellegrino think he can change the tide.

If an employee says he wants to leave then f**k em out of the door muy pronto and get on with the people who do want to work with you.

The lad's head isnt on the South Coast. 

Take the money for him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 22, 2017 04:59:02 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1409: Jul 22, 2017 04:57:04 pm
      also guarantees he'll have a room to himself for away trips.

:lmao:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1410: Jul 22, 2017 06:10:48 pm
      Include in the deal a clause that prevents us going after any more of their players for the next couple of seasons. That will make them happy if that's what's bothering them so much
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1411: Jul 22, 2017 06:40:56 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/21/mauricio-pellegrinovirgil-van-dijk-wants-leave-southampton-not/

The new Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has revealed that Virgil van Dijk says he wants to leave and is not currently in a fit “psychological” state to play for the club, with the Argentine coach having ordered the defender to train separately from the first team squad.

In his first interview since taking over at Southampton, Pellegrino has reiterated the club’s stance that Van Dijk will not be sold this summer and says that he hopes the 26-year-old will be reintegrated into the squad once he accepts the situation.

As things stand, Van Dijk, already the subject of a high-profile failed attempt by Liverpool to sign him, will not travel to France next week for a training camp and friendly against Saint Etienne a week on Saturday.

Having signed a new six-year contract last summer, the Dutchman’s performances last season made him the most sought-after defender in Europe with a value in excess of £60 million. Last month, Liverpool issued a public apology to Southampton and pledged to end their interest in Van Dijk when faced with a potential Premier League investigation into their conduct.

Yet Van Dijk has made it clear he still wishes to leave the club despite the firm stance taken by owner Katharina Liebherr and chairman Ralph Krueger over his future.

Van Dijk was also on Chelsea’s list of defensive targets at the start of the summer. Speaking at Southampton’s Marchwood training ground, Pellegrino said that he believed that Van Dijk would eventually return to the first team squad.

Pellegrino said: “My relationship with Virgil is excellent. I was clear with the boy, and I was talking from the first day with him. The club was clear. The club told me they will not sell Virgil. I communicate the idea of the club to the players and for me it was easy [to leave Van Dijk out of training] because I had to manage the dynamic of the team.

“Now he is not involved with the team because psychologically he is not 100 per cent. If you are not 100 per cent with the team I need to work with the players who are 100 per cent to defend Southampton. It’s easy for me.”

It was Pellegrino’s decision that Van Dijk train separately, and the Argentine is expected to be uncompromising when it comes to protecting the team spirit at the club.

“The boy said that he is not available to play because he wants to leave. This is the decision. I had to say, ‘If you don’t want to be involved because you don’t feel okay then you have to train alone until this period of time is over.”

Player power ?

Does Pellegrino think he can change the tide.

If an employee says he wants to leave then f**k em out of the door muy pronto and get on with the people who do want to work with you.

The lad's head isnt on the South Coast. 

Take the money for him.

Totally agree especially when you have a club chomping at the bit to sign him.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,917 posts | 1476 
      Reply #1412: Jul 22, 2017 07:03:47 pm

It's now our time to arm-twist them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1413: Jul 22, 2017 07:15:52 pm
      It's now our time to arm-twist them.
      What way can we bid for him without getting in trouble with PL?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1414: Jul 22, 2017 07:22:17 pm
      Be nice to get him but he was quick enough to sign his saints contract so in all honesty he should be willing to honour it.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1415: Jul 22, 2017 07:30:39 pm
      Include in the deal a clause that prevents us going after any more of their players for the next couple of seasons. That will make them happy if that's what's bothering them so much

Make a few on here happy too !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1416: Jul 22, 2017 08:26:08 pm
      What way can we bid for him without getting in trouble with PL?

Actually submitting a bid, that's the not an illegal approach, personally i'd try broker a deal with Sakho moving in the other direction either permanently or on loan.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1417: Jul 22, 2017 08:29:27 pm
      Actually submitting a bid, that's the not an illegal approach, personally i'd try broker a deal with Sakho moving in the other direction either permanently or on loan.
      are they allowed to reopen the closed investigation though?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1418: Jul 22, 2017 08:36:15 pm
      are they allowed to reopen the closed investigation though?

I wouldn't say so, as far as F.A were concerned following the apology, the matter was dealt with.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1419: Jul 22, 2017 08:43:25 pm
      Be nice to get him but he was quick enough to sign his saints contract so in all honesty he should be willing to honour it.

There is that.

A big fat six year contract .
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1420: Jul 22, 2017 08:44:06 pm
      I wouldn't say so, as far as F.A were concerned following the apology, the matter was dealt with.
      we should probably approach VVD soon then.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1421: Jul 22, 2017 08:47:14 pm
      we should probably approach VVD soon then.

Southampton you mean, approaching VVD created the mess.

I'd bid them £50m & Sakho, good deal for all involved.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1422: Jul 22, 2017 09:05:37 pm
      Southampton you mean, approaching VVD created the mess.

I'd bid them £50m & Sakho, good deal for all involved.
      yes i meant that and I agree. I would give them a choice though.

75m or 50m and Sakho.
      Sakho is rated 30m so they would do well to take that offer. Maybe throw in a 10m add on if we win premier league too.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #1423: Jul 23, 2017 01:12:41 am
      Why can't VVD just put in a transfer request? Surely, that is the easiest way to resolve this mess. Okay, he may lose some bonus but he will be handsomely paid by LFC anyway. I just don't understand this going on strike but by these rich footballers for the sake of few  million pounds.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1424: Jul 23, 2017 12:42:18 pm
      Matt le tissier being a knob ( for a change) suggesting we should let phil go before he thinks about going on strike
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #1425: Jul 23, 2017 01:26:42 pm
      Matt le tissier being a knob ( for a change) suggesting we should let phil go before he thinks about going on strike

What does that have to do with VVD?

Quick Reply