Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260981 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1633: Aug 04, 2017 07:23:46 pm
      VVD hasn't done everything...he hasn't submitted a transfer request.

And besides that, we should bid on a player that we want, not stand around like a peeping tom peering through a window.

He has told them he wants to leave and isn't going to play or train with the first team, this transfer request stuff is just nonsense
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1634: Aug 04, 2017 07:26:08 pm
      How  about making a bid? And don't wait until saints tell us to. How about not apologizing?
      Look at psg, don't you think they were tapping neymar?
      I honestly don't think the fa would have done anything even if saints did report us?
      We are a bigger team then saints, let's act like it.

Not bashing the owners here but the people who run the club, Keita transfer we weren't at fault but vvd we messed up and it's our fault.

We tried to bully Southampton once too often and fu**ed up
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1635: Aug 04, 2017 07:28:51 pm
      He has told them he wants to leave and isn't going to play or train with the first team, this transfer request stuff is just nonsense

It's not nonsense at all...it means he is foregoing any loyalty bonus. In other words "putting your money where your mouth is".

If I'm not mistaken it's what Lovren had to do to push through a transfer to us.

Until VVD does it, I'm not convinced he is really in love with the idea of coming to Liverpool.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1636: Aug 04, 2017 07:32:08 pm
      It's not nonsense at all...it means he is foregoing any loyalty bonus. In other words "putting your money where your mouth is".

If I'm not mistaken it's what Lovren had to do to push through a transfer to us.

Until VVD does it, I'm not convinced he is really in love with the idea of coming to Liverpool.

Then why is he sat on his arse then doing F**k all ?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1637: Aug 04, 2017 07:32:30 pm
      Then why is he sat on his arse then doing f**k all ?

Good question, now you are getting it.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1638: Aug 04, 2017 07:34:20 pm
      Dick Advocaat urges Southampton to grant Virgil van Dijk move to Liverpool

Dick Advocaat understands why Virgil van Dijk wants to leave Southampton
          Holland manager cites defender's wage which could increase five fold
          Liverpool are thought to be front runners for the Dutchman's signature
          Southamton are insisting star defender remains at St Mary's this season

By Sami Mokbel for MailOnline

Published: 13:49 EDT, 4 August 2017 | Updated: 13:56 EDT, 4 August 2017

Holland manager Dick Advocaat has waded into the row between Southampton and Virgil van Dijk, urging the club to grant the defender's wish of a summer move.

The two parties are involved in a transfer stand-off that has overshadowed Southampton’s pre-season preparations.

The Dutch defender wants to quit St Mary’s this summer, with a move to Liverpool his preferred destination.

However, the Saints are refusing to sanction Van Dijk’s switch away, insisting he will spend the season at Southampton.

Van Dijk has been training away from first-team as Mauricio Pellegrino prepares his squad for the new season.

But Van Dijk’s international manager says he has sympathy for his countryman. ‘You can condemn it (Van Dijk’s actions), but come on, if you can earn five times as much at a top English club then I understand that,’ said the former Sunderland manager.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1639: Aug 04, 2017 07:35:00 pm

Jesus suffering f**k - I made a joke about this in another thread........or maybe it was this one........?!

In the modern day what does the boy have to do to prove he wants to play for Liverpool? He's told Southampton he wants to move to Liverpool......

We are the creepy guy in a bar staring at a girl and calling her a slut when she leaves with someone else!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1640: Aug 04, 2017 07:37:25 pm
      Good question, now you are getting it.

Unlike you
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1641: Aug 04, 2017 07:38:02 pm
      Jesus suffering f**k - I made a joke about this in another thread........or maybe it was this one........?!

In the modern day what does the boy have to do to prove he wants to play for Liverpool? He's told Southampton he wants to move to Liverpool......

We are the creepy guy in a bar staring at a girl and calling her a slut when she leaves with someone else!

So if he wants to move so bad, why not submit a transfer request and remove all doubt? We still are only getting fed information from journo's and supposed "ITKs". I don't remember seeing any quotes from the manager that specifically state he wants to come to Liverpool.

It's simple, if he wants to play for us so bad, submit a transfer request, make it publicly known (which puts even more pressure  on Soton) and they'll likely grant it because then the fans will turn on him and there'll be no way back. He'll lose some loyalty bonus which he'll make up in his new HUGE contract with us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #1642: Aug 04, 2017 07:38:36 pm
      Dick Advocaat urges Southampton to grant Virgil van Dijk move to Liverpool

Dick Advocaat understands why Virgil van Dijk wants to leave Southampton
          Holland manager cites defender's wage which could increase five fold
          Liverpool are thought to be front runners for the Dutchman's signature
          Southamton are insisting star defender remains at St Mary's this season

By Sami Mokbel for MailOnline

Published: 13:49 EDT, 4 August 2017 | Updated: 13:56 EDT, 4 August 2017

Holland manager Dick Advocaat has waded into the row between Southampton and Virgil van Dijk, urging the club to grant the defender's wish of a summer move.

The two parties are involved in a transfer stand-off that has overshadowed Southampton’s pre-season preparations.

The Dutch defender wants to quit St Mary’s this summer, with a move to Liverpool his preferred destination.

However, the Saints are refusing to sanction Van Dijk’s switch away, insisting he will spend the season at Southampton.

Van Dijk has been training away from first-team as Mauricio Pellegrino prepares his squad for the new season.

But Van Dijk’s international manager says he has sympathy for his countryman. ‘You can condemn it (Van Dijk’s actions), but come on, if you can earn five times as much at a top English club then I understand that,’ said the former Sunderland manager.

I can see the headline 'dirty dick'
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1644: Aug 04, 2017 07:45:50 pm
      People saying we should do more, what exactly ? Vvd has done everything bar taking a dump on les reed's desk and Southampton  are resisting

He hasn't handed in a formal transfer request. Until then, he's not done all he can.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1645: Aug 04, 2017 08:04:26 pm
      So there is a difference between telling them he wants to leave and handing in a formal transfer request? Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuGIgf-ICHM
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1646: Aug 04, 2017 08:34:06 pm
      So if he wants to move so bad, why not submit a transfer request and remove all doubt? We still are only getting fed information from journo's and supposed "ITKs". I don't remember seeing any quotes from the manager that specifically state he wants to come to Liverpool.

It's simple, if he wants to play for us so bad, submit a transfer request, make it publicly known (which puts even more pressure  on Soton) and they'll likely grant it because then the fans will turn on him and there'll be no way back. He'll lose some loyalty bonus which he'll make up in his new HUGE contract with us.

Genuine question - who was the last high profile player who submitted a transfer request?

I remember loads saying they wanted to move on or didn't want to play for a club anymore.......?

I might be wrong but I think blaming the person you're trying to attract is called "stalking"........legally like?!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1647: Aug 04, 2017 08:42:54 pm
      Genuine question - who was the last high profile player who submitted a transfer request?
      Torres?

I remember loads saying they wanted to move on or didn't want to play for a club anymore.......?
      All I'm saying is that we don't know what's really been said because we aren't there. Has he really told them that he only wants to play for Liverpool and no one else? What have they told him in response? Maybe he's not been adament enough? I don't know. There's so many variables in play. My earlier point was that Lovren wanted to come to Liverpool and he submitted a transfer request leaving no doubt (as did Torres with Chelsea) as to his intentions.

I might be wrong but I think blaming the person you're trying to attract is called "stalking"........legally like?!

Exactly....so that's why we need to submit a bid to signal our intentions. Then if he still doesn't want to submit a request to come, we move on and try to find another target. If we bid and it's turned back and he doesn't do everything to force through a move...then I can't fault the club (other than taking so damn long to do it). I still think if we'd have just bid when the window opened...he'd be training with us right now.

We seem to have such an aversion to putting in a bid. Not sure why that is.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #1648: Aug 04, 2017 09:18:49 pm
      Torres?
       All I'm saying is that we don't know what's really been said because we aren't there. Has he really told them that he only wants to play for Liverpool and no one else? What have they told him in response? Maybe he's not been adament enough? I don't know. There's so many variables in play. My earlier point was that Lovren wanted to come to Liverpool and he submitted a transfer request leaving no doubt (as did Torres with Chelsea) as to his intentions.

Exactly....so that's why we need to submit a bid to signal our intentions. Then if he still doesn't want to submit a request to come, we move on and try to find another target. If we bid and it's turned back and he doesn't do everything to force through a move...then I can't fault the club (other than taking so damn long to do it). I still think if we'd have just bid when the window opened...he'd be training with us right now.

Torres?

In fairness I only used your post to illustrate the point re expecting players to "make" transfers.....

Torres was Jan 2011 - that's a long time......and contracts and the market have changed since then.

I get that "we don't know what's going on really" but honestly I think the lad couldn't be expected to do more than he's done now......
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1649: Aug 04, 2017 09:27:55 pm
      I can see the headline 'dirty dick'

Dirty Dicks don't always have the best relationships with Dijks
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1650: Aug 04, 2017 11:10:22 pm

Must admit, I don't get it.

When we're interested in a player, why does it appear that the onus is on the player we're interested in to kick up a stink at his current club?

No other club operates like this.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1651: Aug 05, 2017 09:08:46 am
      When we're interested in a player, why does it appear that the onus is on the player we're interested in to kick up a stink at his current club?

No other club operates like this.

Mate, I've said this before but it was lost in the white noise of mocking apologists.

The reason VvD's "preference" was leaked and the reason there has been no open transfer request are (IMO) one and the same. A sad and cynical attempt to get him cheaper. 😏

Think about it: on the open market, a VvD (or any player) who's for sale, will cost the winning bidder more than if he only wants to go to one club. 😉

That cynical attempt, to do Southampton of a fair pay day, is the real reason our, once proud, club were made crawl.

The thing is tho, the whole seedy affair has and will cost us more [on many levels] than if we had just went about the business in an open and honest manor.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #1652: Aug 05, 2017 09:45:58 am
      Mate, I've said this before but it was lost in the white noise of mocking apologists.

The reason VvD's "preference" was leaked and the reason there has been no open transfer request are (IMO) one and the same. A sad and cynical attempt to get him cheaper. 😏

Think about it: on the open market, a VvD (or any player) who's for sale, will cost the winning bidder more than if he only wants to go to one club. 😉

That cynical attempt, to do Southampton of a fair pay day, is the real reason our, once proud, club were made crawl.

The thing is tho, the whole seedy affair has and will cost us more [on many levels] than if we had just went about the business in an open and honest manor.

F***ing about is a false economy.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1653: Aug 05, 2017 09:56:13 am
      F***ing about is a false economy.

Only if you care about winning at that aul football thingy mate but...

Not if keeping higher risk expendidture down, [as your stock value grows], is the primary objective. 😉
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1654: Aug 05, 2017 10:10:51 am
      Only if you care about winning at that aul football thingy mate but...

Not if keeping higher risk expendidture down, [as your stock value grows], is the primary objective. 😉

A further problem we have created now is he isn't training with his first team, he isn't playing first team football and as a result of his previous inhury he's not played in god knows how long. Maybe 6 months or so as a guess.

If we do evebtually sign him he won't be close to fitness, he won't be ready for a start of a league campaign.

If we had conducted our business properly he'd be here already. He'd be up to full fitness ready for a big game against Hoffenheim, he'd be training with the lads, building a relationship and understanding with his full back, Matip and Lovren and he'd be all set for a good season.

As it is now he'd have to prove his fitness and then build hia relationships and understanding in the real things. I reckon if he signed tomorrow he wouldn't be playing until well in to October anyway.

That is why the big clubs who are set on winning get the deals done early and probably in the process spend a few wxtra million to make that happen.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1655: Aug 05, 2017 10:33:52 am
      Why did we apologise  in first place?

Quick Reply