Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260864 times
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1656: Aug 05, 2017 10:34:07 am
      All this sh*te about not having it both ways, how we can't slag Southampton off because it's our same stance with Phil bollox..

That's the game? Poach others if needed and to keep your own.
      It's actually part of the game so why some numpties are in here inserting some useless principle into our fan base..

We expect to get what we want AND, we expect to hold on to what's our.

Its mandatory cake and eat attitude all top clubs have ffs
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1657: Aug 05, 2017 11:11:21 am
      Mate, I've said this before but it was lost in the white noise of mocking apologists.

The reason VvD's "preference" was leaked and the reason there has been no open transfer request are (IMO) one and the same. A sad and cynical attempt to get him cheaper. 😏

Think about it: on the open market, a VvD (or any player) who's for sale, will cost the winning bidder more than if he only wants to go to one club. 😉

That cynical attempt, to do Southampton of a fair pay day, is the real reason our, once proud, club were made crawl.

The thing is tho, the whole seedy affair has and will cost us more [on many levels] than if we had just went about the business in an open and honest manor.

This all F***ing day.

The same sentiments have been voiced for 7+ years, the same procedures mentioned have prevailed for 7+ years under various managers with varying degrees of mediocrity.

The only common factor in the 7+ years of relative failure is JWH&Co, FSG, NESV call them what you will - they all equate to failure.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1658: Aug 05, 2017 11:15:43 am
      Dirty Dicks don't always have the best relationships with Dijks

The dutch usually just stick their fingers in dijks
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #1659: Aug 05, 2017 12:10:35 pm
      Mate, I've said this before but it was lost in the white noise of mocking apologists.

The reason VvD's "preference" was leaked and the reason there has been no open transfer request are (IMO) one and the same. A sad and cynical attempt to get him cheaper. 😏

Think about it: on the open market, a VvD (or any player) who's for sale, will cost the winning bidder more than if he only wants to go to one club. 😉

That cynical attempt, to do Southampton of a fair pay day, is the real reason our, once proud, club were made crawl.

The thing is tho, the whole seedy affair has and will cost us more [on many levels] than if we had just went about the business in an open and honest manor.

Yeah, kinda like how Madrid did with Kroos.  Or Barca with Suarez.  Or Munich with Lewandowski.  Etc,  etc, etc.  Every big club tries to flex their muscle in this way -- Southampton (perhaps rightfully so) got butthurt and kicked up a fuss.  The way we conducted our business ain't far out of line for the norm though....
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #1660: Aug 05, 2017 12:26:23 pm
      Why did we apologise  in first place?

Not sure why, since every club seem to be doing it.

Funny thing is that according to some Barcelona have already agreed terms with Coutinho, and did it before submitting a bid,  yet I don't see them apologizing or Liverpool demanding one for tapping up a player. 
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #1661: Aug 05, 2017 12:58:33 pm

Funny thing is that according to some Barcelona have already agreed terms with Coutinho, and did it before submitting a bid,  yet I don't see them apologizing or Liverpool demanding one for tapping up a player. 

I thought the apology was incredibly embarrassing.

The only reason could be because they had evidence of Klopps meeting with VVD in Blackpool without their permission and were going to expose it and complain to the FA. How they found out about this meeting (if it took place) I have no idea.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1662: Aug 05, 2017 03:35:11 pm

IMO, it should be no problem if clubs contact/agree terms with player through player's agent. But I could be wrong.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1663: Aug 05, 2017 03:43:55 pm
      I thought the apology was incredibly embarrassing.

The only reason could be because they had evidence of Klopps meeting with VVD in Blackpool without their permission and were going to expose it and complain to the FA. How they found out about this meeting (if it took place) I have no idea.

If Southampton had any evidence it would surely have been outed before any apology was forthcoming, the supposed evidence of the supposed rendezvous would supposedly incur a huge supposed fine from the FA.
      That is akin to wishing you had shedloads of dosh and reporting the fictional robbery of a local bank to the police to accommodate your wishful thinking.  No doubt you would get done for wasting police time! 

Like to see JWH&Co get done for wasting our F***ing time.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1664: Aug 05, 2017 04:18:59 pm
      Just reckon that our Southampton clubcard expired, and we didn't have any money off vouchers left
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #1665: Aug 05, 2017 08:38:09 pm
      The hypocrisies and things that don't make sense is because 95% of this info on Phil and this apparent transfer was media fabrication. 

Asking why Barca never got problems for tapping up for example is futile when we know F**k all..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1666: Aug 06, 2017 02:01:24 am
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1667: Aug 06, 2017 02:37:22 am
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #1668: Aug 06, 2017 09:48:28 am
      Looking more and more likely that this not going to happen. In fact there are reports that JĆ¼rgen hinted yesterday that our transfer business is done!
      Is this another 'we'll go with what we've got' scenario.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1669: Aug 06, 2017 10:56:12 am
      Just reckon that our Southampton clubcard expired, and we didn't have any money off vouchers left

Not sure we've ever used money off vouchers with Southampton. I works say that they're one of the few clubs we didn't try to low ball.
      The initial quote of around Ā£50 million would've made FSG spit their cornflakes out, now that the fee would be around Ā£70 million means that there is no chance (IMO) of this happening without players being included in the deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1670: Aug 06, 2017 11:39:22 pm
      Klopp on our CB situation

ā€œLook out there and tell me five that would make us stronger. Five. Then you win a prize. Itā€™s difficult how it is,ā€ said Klopp.

ā€œWe have four. I donā€™t think we need more. In the moment Iā€™m fine. We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).

:lmao:

I sure as hell hope something's lost in translation.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1671: Aug 06, 2017 11:50:48 pm
      Klopp on our CB situation

ā€œLook out there and tell me five that would make us stronger. Five. Then you win a prize. Itā€™s difficult how it is,ā€ said Klopp.

ā€œWe have four. I donā€™t think we need more. In the moment Iā€™m fine. We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).

I sure as hell hope something's lost in translation.

;D so we basically conceded so many goals last season just because we were feeling generous?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1672: Aug 06, 2017 11:57:01 pm
      ;D so we basically conceded so many goals last season just because we were feeling generous?

:D

I personally think the blame lay more with our full-backs and central midfielders than was given to them but I can't agree with JĆ¼rgen there either. Perhaps he means find 5 that we can actually buy, because if he doesn't then if we're comparing all CBs to our 4 then I could name him 5+ pretty quickly.

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1673: Aug 06, 2017 11:59:11 pm
      Do you really think following tapping up storm and apology he's going to say 'Yeh, I really want VVD, were just waiting for him to erode his relationship with his clubs heirachy or he puts in a transfer request before we bid' ?

I swear if some of you have brains you turn them off before posting.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1674: Aug 07, 2017 12:01:35 am
      . We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).

The most telling part of that, its VVD or no one.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1675: Aug 07, 2017 12:06:07 am
      :D

I personally think the blame lay more with our full-backs and central midfielders than was given to them but I can't agree with JĆ¼rgen there either. Perhaps he means find 5 that we can actually buy, because if he doesn't then if we're comparing all CBs to our 4 then I could name him 5+ pretty quickly.

That makes a lot more sense then, since we have strengthened those 2 positions with the signings of Moreno 2.0 and Milner.
       :laugh:
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1676: Aug 07, 2017 12:14:08 am
      Do you really think following tapping up storm and apology he's going to say 'Yeh, I really want VVD, were just waiting for him to erode his relationship with his clubs heirachy or he puts in a transfer request before we bid' ?

I swear if some of you have brains you turn them off before posting.

Or he could have just kept quiet and not come out with stuff life "I donā€™t see it (the defence) as a concern." Come on, if that was Brendan he would have been crucified right away.

If anything, his recent statements just showed that he's getting increasingly less confident about the prospect of further signings.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1677: Aug 07, 2017 01:01:53 am
      The most telling part of that, its VVD or no one.

Yep, and I'm not in agreement with him there. I find it hard to believe there isn't someone else out there that while maybe not as good as VVD, would still be an upgrade on what we have.

I love JĆ¼rgen, but sometimes I sure hope that his meanings are lost in translation because otherwise he says some strange things.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1678: Aug 07, 2017 01:05:44 am
      If were done buying and likely to sell Coutinho then we are a F***ing joke no better then swansea newcastle stoke or west ham.

I dont mind having a crack with a squad where outside your best 15 your down to kids but dont give it large in the summer about were in for xy and z and getting none.

We bought a very good player at a very good price in Robertson and Solanke could be deal of the year. Salah is looking like a brilliant signing..but..we ciuld have had him for 21 million less 3 years go. Dont tell me that klopp knows we need a centre half badly but put all eggs in the VVD basket  and ditto Keita and midfield.

Quick Reply