Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260883 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #1679: Aug 07, 2017 01:14:00 am
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1680: Aug 07, 2017 01:23:50 am
      Whats the prize Klopp, I will name 10.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1681: Aug 07, 2017 02:06:17 am
      Where have I heard all this before??
      http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/08/liverpool-fc-news-latest-update-virgil-van-dijk-reports/
      Liverpool are set to complete a deal to sign Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk this summer, according to Reds insider Graeme Kelly.

The Merseyside outfit have been heavily linked with a move to bring the 26-year-old centre-half to Anfield for much of the summer but a deal has thus far failed to materialise.

Liverpool suffered public embarrassment back in June when they were forced to issue a statement apologising for their conduct after Southampton accused the Reds of an alleged illegal approach.

However, despite the Reds saying that they had ended their interest in the player, Liverpool continue to be linked with a move to sign the defender, who is thought to be keen on a move away from St Mary’s this summer.

And Kelly says he has been told that a move for Van Dijk is still set to happen for Liverpool this summer.

Kelly told podcast Code Red, as quoted by the Daily Express: “I’m being told it’ll definitely still happen. It’s about Southampton getting their ducks in a row and it looks like they’re doing that with the kid from Lazio.

“There should be movement on that at some point this week.

“Southampton haven’t come out and gone to town on us. When they got the new manager, it was like backhanded conversations they were having.

“With Southampton, they were well up for a deal. Everyone goes on about [meeting him in] Blackpool and things like that.

“We had permission to speak to Van Dijk in Blackpool. There were things we didn’t have permission for and that’s why we made the apology.

“Chelsea met him, City met him, he is actively for sale. That wasn’t the issue beforehand.

“The issue was that something happened in the press that took a bit of Southampton’s power away. That’s the situation with them.”

Liverpool have signed three players so far this summer as they prepare for Jürgen Klopp’s second full season in charge at the club.

The Reds have brought in Dominic Solanke, Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson as they gear up for the new Premier League campaign.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1682: Aug 07, 2017 02:14:59 am
      Where have I heard all this before??
      http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/08/liverpool-fc-news-latest-update-virgil-van-dijk-reports/
      Liverpool are set to complete a deal to sign Southampton defender Virgil van Dijk this summer, according to Reds insider Graeme Kelly.

The Merseyside outfit have been heavily linked with a move to bring the 26-year-old centre-half to Anfield for much of the summer but a deal has thus far failed to materialise.

Liverpool suffered public embarrassment back in June when they were forced to issue a statement apologising for their conduct after Southampton accused the Reds of an alleged illegal approach.

However, despite the Reds saying that they had ended their interest in the player, Liverpool continue to be linked with a move to sign the defender, who is thought to be keen on a move away from St Mary’s this summer.

And Kelly says he has been told that a move for Van Dijk is still set to happen for Liverpool this summer.

Kelly told podcast Code Red, as quoted by the Daily Express: “I’m being told it’ll definitely still happen. It’s about Southampton getting their ducks in a row and it looks like they’re doing that with the kid from Lazio.

“There should be movement on that at some point this week.

“Southampton haven’t come out and gone to town on us. When they got the new manager, it was like backhanded conversations they were having.

“With Southampton, they were well up for a deal. Everyone goes on about [meeting him in] Blackpool and things like that.

“We had permission to speak to Van Dijk in Blackpool. There were things we didn’t have permission for and that’s why we made the apology.

“Chelsea met him, City met him, he is actively for sale. That wasn’t the issue beforehand.

“The issue was that something happened in the press that took a bit of Southampton’s power away. That’s the situation with them.”

Liverpool have signed three players so far this summer as they prepare for Jürgen Klopp’s second full season in charge at the club.

The Reds have brought in Dominic Solanke, Mohamed Salah and Andy Robertson as they gear up for the new Premier League campaign.

Well if it's not this week, then it's bound to be next, or the one after that....

He also claimed the Keita deal was already done and the posturing/various bids were for the benefit of RBL PR, so his credibility took a nose dive with me there.

Other's have suggested he's full of sh*t in the past, looks like they were the ITKs and not him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1683: Aug 07, 2017 02:16:52 am
      Well if it's not this week, then it's bound to be next, or the one after that....

He also claimed the Keita deal was already done and the posturing/various bids were for the benefit of RBL PR, so his credibility took a nose dive with me there.

Other's have suggested he's full of sh*t in the past, looks like they were the ITKs and not him.

Of course then there's this article which claims Chelsea are going to bid along with something I read on reddit...some ITK on the Saints forum saying there is news tomorrow and it sounds like it's not good news for us....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/antonio-conte-demands-more-signings-10942418

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6s1gi8/saintsweb_itk_tom28_on_vvd_situation_going_to_be/
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1684: Aug 07, 2017 02:26:59 am
      Of course then there's this article which claims Chelsea are going to bid along with something I read on reddit...some ITK on the Saints forum saying there is news tomorrow and it sounds like it's not good news for us....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/antonio-conte-demands-more-signings-10942418

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6s1gi8/saintsweb_itk_tom28_on_vvd_situation_going_to_be/

At this stage any development would be welcome. If he goes to Chelsea, so be it, at least move on to someone else instead of actively doing nothing if you know what I mean, it's mind numbing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1685: Aug 07, 2017 02:40:04 am

Best thing to happen could be Chelsea bidding, allows us to actually make a bid then. Southampton may want him to go to Chelsea, but if VVD does want to come, I'd feel pretty confident of seeing him in a red shirt.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1686: Aug 07, 2017 03:58:34 am
      Yep, and I'm not in agreement with him there. I find it hard to believe there isn't someone else out there that while maybe not as good as VVD, would still be an upgrade on what we have.

I love JĂźrgen, but sometimes I sure hope that his meanings are lost in translation because otherwise he says some strange things.

I have to admit, I struggle to decode what he says half the time.

But the context around that quote you posted from him is sadly clear enough.
      « Last Edit: Aug 07, 2017 04:04:21 am by Beerbelly »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1687: Aug 07, 2017 05:05:49 am
      Smoke screen baby. I almost feel as though this is good news to hear. At this point I'm telling myself anything to stay positive.

1. Barca are moving on from Coutinho
      2. VVD deal is coming "next week"
      3. Sturidge is finally fit and will score 20+ goals this year
      4. FSG will do right by us "this window" and get us the help we need.

;) :lmao: :mad:
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #1688: Aug 07, 2017 06:38:38 am
      Smoke screen baby. I almost feel as though this is good news to hear. At this point I'm telling myself anything to stay positive.

1. Barca are moving on from Coutinho
      2. VVD deal is coming "next week"
      3. Sturidge is finally fit and will score 20+ goals this year
      4. FSG will do right by us "this window" and get us the help we need.

;) :lmao: :mad:

At this point of time, the only thing FSG can do right is get their assess out of our club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1689: Aug 07, 2017 08:51:34 am
      Best thing to happen could be Chelsea bidding, allows us to actually make a bid then

Boom, HR gets it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1690: Aug 07, 2017 09:03:26 am
      Think about it, Would VVD be trying to force his way out and refusing to play if he didn't know for certain we'd be in for him?

Chelsea, City or anyone else would only have to bid, there's no tapping up been reported to the FA so that would make VVD's refusal to play a bit daft.

The only club his refusal to play benefits in order to force a move at present is ourselves.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1691: Aug 07, 2017 09:04:53 am
      Best thing to happen could be Chelsea bidding, allows us to actually make a bid then. Southampton may want him to go to Chelsea, but if VVD does want to come, I'd feel pretty confident of seeing him in a red shirt.

I think that's what we are waiting for
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1692: Aug 07, 2017 09:10:11 am
      Think about it, Would VVD be trying to force his way out and refusing to play if he didn't know for certain we'd be in for him?

Chelsea, City or anyone else would only have to bid, there's no tapping up been reported to the FA so that would make VVD's refusal to play a bit daft.

The only club his refusal to play benefits in order to force a move at present is ourselves.

Why doesn't he hand in a transfer request then?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1693: Aug 07, 2017 09:24:30 am
      Why doesn't he hand in a transfer request then?

Looks like greed at present, he's verbally requested to leave twice and was sent to train away from the squad both times, maybe that will be his next move if he rules himself out for their season opener and they still refuse to facilitate a sale.

All I know is that VVD is on strike, there's only one club it benefits in terms of forcing a move, if VVD wasn't %100 sure we want him, he'd have softened his stance as its not a stance required for other suitors.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1694: Aug 07, 2017 09:28:33 am
      Graeme Kelly is a part-time bullshitter who says everything is done just to look cool and important when it happens. He said Robertson was done 2 weeks before we even opened talks with Hull. He said Keita, Van Dijk & Salah were all done before we'd even made an offer and we still haven't with Van Dijk.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1695: Aug 07, 2017 10:24:15 am
      Klopp on our CB situation

“Look out there and tell me five that would make us stronger. Five. Then you win a prize. It’s difficult how it is,” said Klopp.

“We have four. I don’t think we need more. In the moment I’m fine. We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).

:lmao:
      :lmao:

I sure as hell hope something's lost in translation.

hmm that is worrying, if he genuinely thinks we have the best 5 CB's in the world then he is deeply delusional, especially when Klavan is one of those 5.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1696: Aug 07, 2017 10:27:20 am
      Looks like greed at present, he's verbally requested to leave twice and was sent to train away from the squad both times, maybe that will be his next move if he rules himself out for their season opener and they still refuse to facilitate a sale.

All I know is that VVD is on strike, there's only one club it benefits in terms of forcing a move, if VVD wasn't %100 sure we want him, he'd have softened his stance as its not a stance required for other suitors.

FFS, just cover the cost of him handing in a transfer request, get him to do it, bid and get the player, what the F**k is so complicated about this?? Bollocks to being nice and polite to Southampton, we weren't particularly nice to that schoolboy on trial recently so why start now?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1697: Aug 07, 2017 10:38:23 am
      I have no idea how good VVD is, last season the only Saints' matches I watched were the ones they played against us.

What I will say, though, is that the defence seems to be an ongoing issue, regardless of who is playing there.  It seems like no matter who we plug in there over the last few seasons, whether it was Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Toure, Klavan, Matip---they can't even consistently hold a decent line! 

It just seems unlikely that every single one of them is awful and oh, just toss VVD in there and everything will be perfect. 

What seems more likely, especially considering that these problems keep popping up no matter who is in the back four, is that they're not being coached properly, or they're not being coached enough.  How is it possible that no matter who we put in there, four highly paid professional athletes can't do something as simple as hold a line together? 

If they're not being drilled or coached properly at Melwood then that's not going to change just because VVD comes in.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1698: Aug 07, 2017 10:39:53 am
      Graeme Kelly is a part-time bullshitter who says everything is done just to look cool and important when it happens. He said Robertson was done 2 weeks before we even opened talks with Hull. He said Keita, Van Dijk & Salah were all done before we'd even made an offer and we still haven't with Van Dijk.

Saw him saying the other day that the keita deal fell through because of the proposed payment schedule,  won't admit they are ever wrong and people swallow it by the bucket load
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1699: Aug 07, 2017 10:51:47 am
      I have no idea how good VVD is, last season the only Saints' matches I watched were the ones they played against us.

What I will say, though, is that the defence seems to be an ongoing issue, regardless of who is playing there.  It seems like no matter who we plug in there over the last few seasons, whether it was Sakho, Lovren, Skrtel, Toure, Klavan, Matip---they can't even consistently hold a decent line! 

It just seems unlikely that every single one of them is awful and oh, just toss VVD in there and everything will be perfect. 

What seems more likely, especially considering that these problems keep popping up no matter who is in the back four, is that they're not being coached properly, or they're not being coached enough.  How is it possible that no matter who we put in there, four highly paid professional athletes can't do something as simple as hold a line together? 

If they're not being drilled or coached properly at Melwood then that's not going to change just because VVD comes in.

Maybe because the CB's we sign just aren't good enough.

I present you Skrtel, Toure, Lovren, Klavan.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1700: Aug 07, 2017 11:56:44 am
      Maybe because the CB's we sign just aren't good enough.

I present you Skrtel, Toure, Lovren, Klavan.

According to Transferkmarkt, our highest rated Center back (Matip) has a lower rating than Spurs lowest rated Center Back (Vertonghen). United, who finished below us in the table last year, have two Center Backs that are rated higher than ours. This is why I said before the window had even opened that we needed two quality Center Backs, not just one and Klopp is living in cloud cuckoo land if he thinks there aren't five better than what we have. In fact according to that same site, the highest rated defender at our club is the one Klopp doesn't want - Sakho. Says it all really. If Brendan Rodgers had come out with idiotic comments like this he'd have been laughed out of the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1701: Aug 07, 2017 11:57:40 am
      According to reports Southampton prefer to deal with Chelsea, City anyone other than us.

So if VVD knows that, what's the reason for him refusing to play?

Answers on a post card to.

Use your brain.
      Cerebral cortex
      Neurons
      po box has it sunk in yet?

Quick Reply