Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263343 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2208: Aug 17, 2017 09:46:46 am
      I dont know Bri...
      Know what I'd do to be a bit radical?
      Actually bid for VVD

Not sure if anyone at the club knows you have to do that

It does seem weird why we don't unless Southampton are holding some dirt on us.  At this stage we should submit a bid if for no other reason that to unsettle the player and team even more, start ramping up the pressure.
      I think there is a lot more going on here than we realise.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2209: Aug 17, 2017 10:31:48 am
      Astonishing that people's solution to them telling us to F**k off is to bid anyway.

What would that achieve? Apart from getting told to F**k off again.

If you ask a girl out and she rejects you and tells you to F**k off, do you ask her out again?

We've ended up in a situation where we can't bid for him. Our best option looks like it'll take another club bidding and having it accepted and for us to match it.

Which then could be a ploy by Saints and another club to absolutely fleece us (which they are already. £70m for VVD? Absurd) for £100m.

We've got ourselves in to a mess. Gotta take our dose of medicine and find a(nother) solution.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2210: Aug 17, 2017 10:35:05 am
      Astonishing that people's solution to them telling us to f**k off is to bid anyway.

What would that achieve? Apart from getting told to f**k off again.

If you ask a girl out and she rejects you and tells you to f**k off, do you ask her out again?

We've ended up in a situation where we can't bid for him. Our best option looks like it'll take another club bidding and having it accepted and for us to match it.

Which then could be a ploy by Saints and another club to absolutely fleece us (which they are already. £70m for VVD? Absurd) for £100m.

We've got ourselves in to a mess. Gotta take our dose of medicine and find a(nother) solution.

Bad analogy, in this case the girl desperately wants to come out with you but the parents won't let her, so do you give up or try to convince the parents that you are responsible and respectable, in this instance by wafting loads of money under their noses ;-)
      Kopite78
      Reply #2211: Aug 17, 2017 10:37:16 am
      Astonishing that people's solution to them telling us to f**k off is to bid anyway.

What would that achieve? Apart from getting told to f**k off again.

If you ask a girl out and she rejects you and tells you to f**k off, do you ask her out again?

I don't treat dating like business though..

Who knows what's bluster and what's not? We've not actually bid for him as yet.. So if we desperately want him and he desperately wants to come then put the money on the table and see.

Not really like sexual harassment in my book

If they tell us to F**k off then find a different cb. The fact we don't seem to be doing so says to me they're hopeful something can still be done
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2212: Aug 17, 2017 10:39:41 am
      Bad analogy, in this case the girl desperately wants to come out with you but the parents won't let her, so do you give up or try to convince the parents that you are responsible and respectable, in this instance by wafting loads of money under their noses ;-)

Dress it up however you like, it's the same analogy.

We've gone to someone with a proposal and been given a blunt response of "no".

We're labeled a joke by our own fans but the recommended solution by the same group is also a joke.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2213: Aug 17, 2017 10:43:31 am
      I don't treat dating like business though..

Who knows what's bluster and what's not? We've not actually bid for him as yet.. So if we desperately want him and he desperately wants to come then put the money on the table and see.

If they tell us to F**k off then find a different cb. The fact we don't seem to be doing so says to me they're hopeful something can still be done

We didn't have to bid to be told to jog on.

That's how bad the situation is.

We fu**ed up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2214: Aug 17, 2017 10:48:39 am
      We're labeled a joke by our own fans but the recommended solution by the same group is also a joke.

Its easy to say no when there's no bids on the table and you're trying to keep your player, put the money on the table and test their resolve, just like Barca did to us, may be the same outcome maybe not, but you get to find out...
      Kopite78
      Reply #2215: Aug 17, 2017 10:50:42 am
      Its easy to say no when there's no bids on the table and you're trying to keep your player, put the money on the table and test their resolve, just like Barca did to us, may be the same outcome maybe not, but you get to find out...

Exactly

Especially as we don't seem to have moved on from him In a position the whole world knows the  manager wants to strengthen
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2216: Aug 17, 2017 10:59:26 am

Bingo
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #2217: Aug 17, 2017 11:47:29 am

Those who think we're a joke will always believe we're a joke no matter what. Media is now saying a >£110m bid has come in for Cou. If we throw this £110m for VVD, they'd still think we're a joke. If we can't get VVD, we're still a joke in their eyes.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #2218: Aug 17, 2017 12:15:04 pm

:lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2219: Aug 17, 2017 12:33:33 pm
      Seems to me that FSG feel that they have spent enough this window and are looking for the Coutinho money to complete the VVD deal...
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #2220: Aug 17, 2017 12:37:42 pm
      Seems to me that FSG feel that they have spent enough this window and are looking for the Coutinho money to complete the VVD deal...

We're certainly within the usual net spend range at the minute.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2221: Aug 17, 2017 01:05:50 pm

based on????
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #2222: Aug 17, 2017 01:09:17 pm

Bingo.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,179 posts | 1097 
      Reply #2223: Aug 17, 2017 01:42:23 pm
      WTF? This is getting crazy. I have a 4 year old who could run this window better than we have. He understands enough to know if you want something you have to offer monetary value for it. Just once would I love to be a fly on the wall in the FSG meeting room. I would love to know what brings them to their decisions. Oh wait, I already do. €£$
      luckofirish8
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 454 posts | 20 
      Reply #2224: Aug 17, 2017 04:45:48 pm
      It seems fairly obvious to me that he'll be a deadline day signing for someone or he'll be forced to stay...just can't see anything happening before then.  Southampton are hoping the likes of Chelsea and Man City are serious, while Liverpool are waiting it out hoping that VVD doesn't waver on his desire to play for LFC.  If Southampton can't convince VVD to sign for Chelsea/Man City, you'll see LFC invited back into the race or Southampton dig their heels in.  Seems certain that LFC isn't bidding without Southampton giving the go ahead.

Just my two cents though.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2225: Aug 17, 2017 04:50:27 pm
      Forget this one it wont happen.

For the craic though id sublit an offer for another player of theirs just to wind them up.

£25m for Fraser Forster......just for shits and giggles ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #2226: Aug 17, 2017 04:55:36 pm
      £25m for Fraser Forster......just for shits and giggles ;)

Actually being honest I'd rather have him than any of our keepers. I think he's a very good goalie.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #2227: Aug 17, 2017 04:58:11 pm
      Actually being honest I'd rather have him than any of our keepers. I think he's a very good goalie.

I'd rather have him than ALL our goalies, 2 of our CBs and one of our LBs HR!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2228: Aug 17, 2017 04:58:38 pm
      Dress it up however you like, it's the same analogy.

We've gone to someone with a proposal and been given a blunt response of "no".

What's a joke, making an effort?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2229: Aug 17, 2017 04:59:24 pm

not a bad shout, plus I'd put in a bid for that other defender they are trying to get then offer to loan him to Saints for the season in exchange for..... ;-)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #2230: Aug 17, 2017 07:32:31 pm

Yeah good shout, him or Butland would be ideal, not going to happen tho, that's for sure 😣

YNWA

Quick Reply