Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 263124 times
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2231: Aug 17, 2017 07:33:53 pm
      WTF? This is getting crazy. I have a 4 year old who could run this window better than we have. He understands enough to know if you want something you have to offer monetary value for it. Just once would I love to be a fly on the wall in the FSG meeting room. I would love to know what brings them to their decisions. Oh wait, I already do. €£$

I'd prefer to be a fly on the wall in the LFC meeting room.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2232: Aug 17, 2017 10:06:50 pm
      Considering he's not for sale, they've already signed 1 CB and now after another. Whilst also having VVD, Stephens and Yoshida.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 1094 
      Reply #2233: Aug 17, 2017 10:27:30 pm
      Considering he's not for sale, they've already signed 1 CB and now after another. Whilst also having VVD, Stephens and Yoshida.

It's Soton, they would sell u the shoes off their feet in a rain storm if the money was right.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 02:44:54 am by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2234: Aug 18, 2017 12:19:49 am
      According to that lovely rag the Indy, it's been suggested Southampton are waiting on Liverpool to sell Coutinho so they can ramp up the price of VVD.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2235: Aug 18, 2017 12:23:25 am
      Keepers need upgrading.

CB need upgrading.

Midfield needs upgrading.

Important positions.

Seems many aren't as happy with the first 11 as they usually let on.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2236: Aug 18, 2017 07:18:45 am
      Keepers need upgrading.

CB need upgrading.

Midfield needs upgrading.

Important positions.

Seems many aren't as happy with the first 11 as they usually let on.

Could do with anyone striker too ;)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2237: Aug 18, 2017 07:53:03 am

Is right Mags.

Murphy has come out and said  "  Although it pains me "   he tips the Scum for the title.

Why ?

Lukaku.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40955491

and what is the other end of their spine?    De Gea.

Chelsea  ? Was Courtois and Costa ... now Morata .

Spuds   Kane and Loris.

City      Aguero  and  Bravo

Us   ?      Migs and  .........  ?    It's laughable.

No serious defence to speak of and no recognised lethal 20 goal +  striker.

Basics really.

Where is Plan B for VVD who it looks like we will not be getting according to yesterdays Chairman's statement .
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 08:01:36 am by MIRO »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2238: Aug 18, 2017 08:21:35 am

Yep, add that to the list.

Could do with upgrading the spine basically, and pushing all the current players in those positions to the bench.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2239: Aug 18, 2017 08:25:31 am
      Is right Mags.

Murphy has come out and said  "  Although it pains me "   he tips the Scum for the title.

Why ?

Lukaku.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40955491

and what is the other end of their spine?    De Gea.

Chelsea  ? Was Courtois and Costa ... now Morata .

Spuds   Kane and Loris.

City      Aguero  and  Bravo

Us   ?      Migs and  .........  ?    It's laughable.

No serious defence to speak of and no recognised lethal 20 goal +  striker.

Basics really.

Where is Plan B for VVD who it looks like we will not be getting according to yesterdays Chairman's statement .

What's the matter with your man Bobby at the other end of our spine MIRO?

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2240: Aug 18, 2017 08:32:32 am
      Reported in The Times that Pelligrino has been told by his new Chinese bosses that he must sell before he signs new players; as they have no additional capital to inject into the club after their 80% stake in the club was accrued using bank loans and third party investment.
      Kopite78
      Reply #2241: Aug 18, 2017 09:39:52 am
      Reported in The Times that Pelligrino has been told by his new Chinese bosses that he must sell before he signs new players; as they have no additional capital to inject into the club after their 80% stake in the club was accrued using bank loans and third party investment.

Wow....

If I were. A Southampton fan I'd be livid with that
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #2242: Aug 18, 2017 09:52:43 am

It makes sense why they were adamant he would not be sold - with a takeover in the offing you wouldn't sell him first.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2243: Aug 18, 2017 10:06:43 am
      Wow....

If I were. A Southampton fan I'd be livid with that

Yes but from our point of view ;D, F**k em :-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2244: Aug 18, 2017 10:09:12 am
      It makes sense why they were adamant he would not be sold - with a takeover in the offing you wouldn't sell him first.

and now they have to anyway, ah the irony, come on then Southampton you bunch of utter tw*ts, time to come crawling back with your tail between your legs begging us to take VVD off your hands. Thinking you were some kind of big shot team holding any power at all, pride almost always comes before a fall!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2245: Aug 18, 2017 10:15:53 am
      Not a good place for Southampton can understand how they feel with the problems we have had wik previous owners
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2246: Aug 18, 2017 10:26:18 am
      Not a good place for Southampton can understand how they feel with the problems we have had wik previous owners

Who cares, I have zero sympathy for them, after the way they've treated us and VVD this summer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,231 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2247: Aug 18, 2017 10:30:56 am
      How have they treated us for wanting to keep hold of a player we must be doing the same to Barca
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2248: Aug 18, 2017 10:33:46 am
      and now they have to anyway, ah the irony, come on then Southampton you bunch of utter tw*ts, time to come crawling back with your tail between your legs begging us to take VVD off your hands. Thinking you were some kind of big shot team holding any power at all, pride almost always comes before a fall!!

Just bare in mind it may not be gospel. Of course, I hope it's true and they decide to sell him to prop up their team, just hope it's not to Chelsea.

I get the feeling they'd sooner stick a fork in their eye than sell VVD to us.

Anyway, this transfer board shouldn't be bothering you seeing as you think we already have a tip top squad.  :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2017 10:38:00 am by Beerbelly »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2249: Aug 18, 2017 10:36:45 am
      How have they treated us for wanting to keep hold of a player we must be doing the same to Barca

Totally different, VVD told them in February that he wanted to leave, February FFS!! That is more than enough time to line up a replacement with all the money they would get from a sale. Their behavior, including the childish tattle tale reporting us for tapping up is really quite pathetic and I imagine they have lost a lot of respect among other clubs, players and agents.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2250: Aug 18, 2017 10:37:31 am
      Just bare in mind it may not be gospel. Of course, I hope it's true and they decide to sell him to prop up their team, just hope it's not to Chelsea.

I get the feeling they'd sooner stick a fork in their eye than sell VVD to us.

They won't have a choice as long as we match the Chavs and VVD wants to come to us.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #2251: Aug 18, 2017 10:59:42 am
      Totally different, VVD told them in February that he wanted to leave, February FFS!! That is more than enough time to line up a replacement with all the money they would get from a sale. Their behavior, including the childish tattle tale reporting us for tapping up is really quite pathetic and I imagine they have lost a lot of respect among other clubs, players and agents.

I can't be sure if you're being serious or not.

As it is exactly the same thing. Both club are want to keep there best player, both have them tied down on long contracts.

And most neutrals I know commend Southampton for not bending and think we are the idiots for getting caught tapping up.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2252: Aug 18, 2017 11:02:28 am

How the hell do you sell 80% of the club to raise capital and accept an offer that was financed purely by loans?

I feel sorry for them if true but i'd still exploit their situation to sign him.

Thats if the details of the article are correct. I think the Times have decent rep in England dont they?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2253: Aug 18, 2017 11:09:21 am
      I can't be sure if you're being serious or not.

As it is exactly the same thing. Both club are want to keep there best player, both have them tied down on long contracts.

And most neutrals I know commend Southampton for not bending and think we are the idiots for getting caught tapping up.

Well I can't be sure if you are taking the piss or are just really stupid, do you really not see a difference between a player informing a club he wants to leave in February and one doing it on 11th August??

Quick Reply