Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260951 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2829: Nov 20, 2017 07:07:45 pm
      Check out the second goal. Quite funny really.

Yeh I saw they focused on that on Match of The Day.

Not his finest hour - but I thought they stretched culpability to fit the ā€œLFC & Virgilā€ narrative.

It wasnā€™t him who lost Mo.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2830: Nov 20, 2017 08:17:56 pm
      It wasnā€™t him who lost Mo.

Yah he had cover with Hoedt and stepped up to cover Firmino.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2831: Nov 21, 2017 01:37:32 pm
      I actually expected him to have a sh*t game against us, he wants us to have as many points as possible before he jumps ship in Jan. I still thought he was by far their best defender though and it was interesting that after we went a couple ahead he started defending quite a lot better, actually making some very good interceptions and keeping our lads out.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #2832: Nov 26, 2017 10:13:21 am
      Is there any truth in the rumour that Danny Ings could be included in the VVD deal.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #2833: Dec 02, 2017 12:18:30 am
      Is there any truth in the rumour that Danny Ings could be included in the VVD deal.

I'd trade Ings and Sturridge plus 40 Mio. Ā£ to get VVD and to make peace with the Saints so that we can approach them next time for their next player more easily. A smart businessmen tries to make his main "deliverer" happy once in a while, even if it costs him in the short run.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2017 12:22:53 am by Pippen »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #2834: Dec 02, 2017 12:21:50 am
      I'd trade Ings and Sturridge to get VVD and to make peace with the Saints so that we can approach them next time for their next player more easily.

Good call, if they'd take it.
      Plus money.
       :laugh:
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #2835: Dec 02, 2017 06:04:05 am
      Interesting post!
      Daniel clearly needs to be at a club where he is number 1
      He deserves that
      He deserves to be at a club where he starts week in, week out...if fit. Think he is a damn good player but clearly not one that klopp sees as a first or even a 2nd option for us.
      He has had some brilliant times for us but wouldnā€™t begrudge him a move.
      As for Danny, I still hold out hope.
      I just want to see him fully fit and given a chance.
      Itā€™s been so long now that I honestly donā€™t know what he could really give us except for a lot of hard work and a great natural instinct.
      Time is on his side.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2836: Dec 02, 2017 09:03:55 am
      We need him for sure, so to improve our defense and strength in depth. We cannot depend on Matip and Lovren for different reasons.

Apart from him, if we can find another defender which can improve us, I would take him.

I have no problem to include Ings and Sturridge. Next Summer, we will have Origi, Solanke, Firmino and Woodburn or a new signing.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #2837: Dec 02, 2017 06:22:10 pm
      Not sure why so many people are convinced we are going to sign him. We didn't even make a formal bid for him when we most needed him.

It's obvious we have signed an agreement that we will not attempt to sign him because we may have tapped him up.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #2838: Dec 02, 2017 08:20:48 pm
      Not sure why so many people are convinced we are going to sign him. We didn't even make a formal bid for him when we most needed him.

It's obvious we have signed an agreement that we will not attempt to sign him because we may have tapped him up.

I think with Southampton having had new owners in the summer the old werenā€™t going to sell their prized asset just before selling up and the new lot didnā€™t want that being their first action
      I think thereā€™s a strong chance heā€™ll get his wish for a transfer in Jan the question is can we do the deal or not...
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2839: Dec 11, 2017 02:18:21 pm
      Any ITKs want to get the ball rolling on this one already?

Asking for a mate.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #2840: Dec 12, 2017 01:24:10 am
      FSG - Hello Southampton. Sorry for pissing you off in the summer. We were out of order for meeting with your best player, agreeing personal terms and then announcing the signing before we had even made contact with you.  Anyway, we would like to make a bid of 70m for VVD.

Southampton - Never mind, it happens I suppose, we accept your apology and we accept your bid.

FSG - Sh*t, sorry, that was a typo and we meant to press the 6 on the keyboard instead of the 7. Our offer is 60m, I hope that's ok?

Saints - Wasn't what we were hoping for but if you hurry the deal and the payments along then fine, we will accept.

FSG - Gee, thanks. The thing is though, we don't really spend any money until we sell one of our best players so let me just make a quick call to Barcelona and double check they're definitely signing coutinho.

Saints - Look, are you buying VVD or not?

FSG - errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Saints - Hurry up will ya we need to give Stoke a call and check the availability on shawcross incase this goes through and times running out

FSG - We would like to amend our bid and offer 5m plus Danny Ings on loan for a week and 20,000 Boston Red Sox jerseys.

Saints - f**k off you cowboy cretin cu*ts stupid cheap b***ard waste of time fuckers

*FSG make statement that they were unable to reach agreement with Southampton for the transfer of Virgil Van Dijk*

Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2841: Dec 19, 2017 12:44:21 pm
      Interesting to see Carra state publicaly that VVD is more of a championship player, than Champions League.

What a way to drive the price down! ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2842: Dec 19, 2017 04:17:59 pm
      Interesting to see Carra state publicaly that VVD is more of a championship player, than Champions League.

What a way to drive the price down! ;)

I've stayed silent on him as I know very little of VVD having seen so little of him at Southampton in the Premier League. That said, I very much doubt he's a 'Championship' player. To be honest with you I just wish Carra would stop making these cheap tabloidesque, sensationalised soundbites. But then again, he chose to make his bed with Sly Sports so what more would you expect from him these days? Compare him to Gerrard's more balanced, respectful diplomatic outlook on the game with BT Sport and you realise there's a gulf in quality between the two when it comes to studio talk.

To be honest, I think he's a bit of a cheap pundit is Carra.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #2843: Dec 19, 2017 04:56:29 pm
      Anyone actually surprised we haven't seen a single credible link to him in ages and the reemergence of City's interest?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2844: Dec 21, 2017 01:15:02 pm
      I've stayed silent on him as I know very little of VVD having seen so little of him at Southampton in the Premier League. That said, I very much doubt he's a 'Championship' player. To be honest with you I just wish Carra would stop making these cheap tabloidesque, sensationalised soundbites. But then again, he chose to make his bed with Sly Sports so what more would you expect from him these days? Compare him to Gerrard's more balanced, respectful diplomatic outlook on the game with BT Sport and you realise there's a gulf in quality between the two when it comes to studio talk.

To be honest, I think he's a bit of a cheap pundit is Carra.

Honestly Carra has been the only thing making pre match/post match on Sky bearable.

On Van Dijk though I would only have imagined his value has decreased. Wouldn't pay any more over Ā£45 - Ā£50m. That's if we're still interested.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2845: Dec 21, 2017 01:20:38 pm
      Honestly Carra has been the only thing making pre match/post match on Sky bearable.

On Van Dijk though I would only have imagined his value has decreased. Wouldn't pay any more over Ā£45 - Ā£50m. That's if we're still interested.

I would. Heā€™s top, top class - donā€™t let this year fool you.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2846: Dec 21, 2017 01:25:06 pm

He is a very very good defender but no way he is still a Ā£70million defender, for that kind of valuation you need to be playing at an established big club.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2847: Dec 21, 2017 01:26:42 pm

Thought against us he was first to every ball. Was impressed with him although we tanked the Saints 3-0.

I still rate him, mind. Wouldn't want any one else if we were going to sign a CB in January, but it is all subject to outside interest and So'ton demanding Ā£70m.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2848: Dec 21, 2017 01:29:21 pm
      Thought against us he was first to every ball. Was impressed with him although we tanked the Saints 3-0.

I still rate him, mind. Wouldn't want any one else if we were going to sign a CB in January, but it is all subject to outside interest and So'ton demanding Ā£70m.

I just believe in paying what you need to get what you want.

No value in walking away from him to sign someone half the player at half the price.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #2849: Dec 21, 2017 01:42:00 pm
      He'll go City if they genuinely want him.

Can't blame him if he does either.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2850: Dec 21, 2017 01:46:43 pm
      I just believe in paying what you need to get what you want.

No value in walking away from him to sign someone half the player at half the price.

Well that's true. It has been our Achilles heel with signing key players in the past.

Sad isn't it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2851: Dec 21, 2017 07:36:26 pm

Would put money on it to be honest, personally think heā€™s as good as signed there, wouldnā€™t be shocked to see it go through as soon as the window opens. City donā€™t piss about, they want a player then they will go get them ASAP and pay whatever they have to.

Easy to choose us in the summer when there s no football being played but City have been boss this season and looks like the place to be at the moment.

Quick Reply