Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

BT Broadband - the lack of security

Read 1043 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      BT Broadband - the lack of security
      Nov 09, 2007 07:28:58 pm
      Just thought I would post this little tale to highlight out BT Broadband's security concerns.

I was with BT Broadband for years and years, many of you will know I changed to Be Broadband a couple of months ago.  Anyway I had my email address with BT for ever and was worried about losing it but when you leave their broadband - if you dial in every 90 days or so you can keep your main email address.

So I still have my BT email address.

I had changed most of my important bills, banks etc to a new address just before I changed because you never know what might happen.

Anyway, about a month ago I got an email on my BT email about how my new broadband had been activated?? 

Odd.

The address was some guy in London (obviously with the same name as me) who had signed up with them.

I assume he has been told that his login and hence email address would be the same as mine.

Anyway - email still seems to be working fine until today when the password was rejected (maybe the guy was wondering why he wasn't getting any emails and 'reset' the password for himself?  I've just 'reset' my password and re-gained control of my email address.  I logged in to my account and according to this BT is supplying me with broadband and I can still access all these features.

To cut a long story short I think BT Broadband has duplicated my account.  I received details of this geezers address, phone number etc in my email.  If I were an unscrupulous character then that most certainly would not be a good thing.

Be safe out there.  And more importantly, don't trust companies just because they are the biggest!

I'll keep you posted.  I expect I will try and download email again at some point and not be able to get in!

Quick Reply