Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Simon Mignolet
      21 (18.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      7 (6.3%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      5 (4.5%)
      Emre Can
      24 (21.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.8%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (1.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      47 (42%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.8%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (1.8%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: Apr 20, 2017 03:25:57 pm

West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21464 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 17, 2017 12:27:58 am
      Unbelievable isn't it? I understand football thrives on the many ways you can play it and by no means am I saying that all teams should be playing tiki take, gegenpressen or whatever. But Pulis is not tactical. It is cynical football that lacks thought or intelligence and insults players technical abilities and ambitions. The purpose of all his sides is to merely get to 40 points and stave off relegation. That's what passes off as success in his pathetic, xenophobic tinged world. He spent millions upon millions at Stoke and never achieved a top half finish. Mark Hughes, who is hardly Rinus Michels, goes in and achieves it in his first season. The prevailing attitude in English football that continues to pass off Pulis's cynical football is the same attitude that normalises the England national teams failures.

Football for losers and lowlifes.

It made me laugh on MOTD before one a journalist said how if he had a bigger budget he would be able to play more expansive football. Since when did how much you spend on a player determine what type of football you play? We spent £35m on Carroll, that doesn't mean we'll be able to use him to play how we do now.

Forget about Pulis as a coach for a minute, I seriously dislike him as a person (or how he comes across when talking). He seems like a right whiny little f**ker :D.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,949 posts | 8458 
      Reply #438: Apr 17, 2017 12:31:01 am
      Chelsea done us no favors, now we can only hope that City beats Utd and Spurs beats both Arsenal and Utd and we win all our remaining games

Why would you want City to beat Utd, believe it or not a Utd win or a draw will be a better result for us. Utd are 6 points behind and two games in hand, but we've got the better goal difference.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #439: Apr 17, 2017 12:34:05 am
      It made me laugh on MOTD before one a journalist said how if he had a bigger budget he would be able to play more expansive football. Since when did how much you spend on a player determine what type of football you play? We spent £35m on Carroll, that doesn't mean we'll be able to use him to play how we do now.

Forget about Pulis as a coach for a minute, I seriously dislike him as a person (or how he comes across when talking). He seems like a right whiny little f**ker :D.

Just to say you got the formation spot on. I guess Dejan Lovren is the new minister of misinformation.  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #440: Apr 17, 2017 12:45:02 am
      Why would you want City to beat Utd, believe it or not a Utd win or a draw will be a better result for us. Utd are 6 points behind and two games in hand, but we've got the better goal difference.

Can you imagine anything better than condemning the mancs to the Europa on goal difference?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #441: Apr 17, 2017 12:58:07 am
      The thin about the Moreno miss was that he had a man in space either side free, but he was well within his rights to try it, he was probably just rusty.
      Absolutely love getting the win over Pulis, I hate that pr**k!

At this stage I'll take any kind of win, but we thoroughly deserve that today, any other result would've been a travesty.

Brilliant reds!, bring on those palace buggers!

What I thought at first but apparently his options ahead were offside.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #442: Apr 17, 2017 01:49:09 am
      What I thought at first but apparently his options ahead were offside.

He definitely should have went for it, but you'd think someone at that level would be able to hit an open net with their eyes closed.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #443: Apr 17, 2017 01:56:44 am
      missed the game as I was in church.  but super relieved to see our lads take all three points

agree it will probably go all the way.  hopefully a few of the other teams around us stumble a bit hehe
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,949 posts | 8458 
      Reply #444: Apr 17, 2017 02:09:55 am
      Can you imagine anything better than condemning the mancs to the Europa on goal difference?

I'm quite happy to let City and Utd fight over 4th place, as it currently stands I want 3rd ;)
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #445: Apr 17, 2017 02:33:57 am
      Second week running where we have won a scrappy game and these are the ones that get you up the table. 
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #446: Apr 17, 2017 03:04:29 am
      Finally a game against TP passes where he doesn't tally up the cost of our starting XI!

Or did I just miss it?
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #447: Apr 17, 2017 06:32:35 am
      Chelsea done us no favors, now we can only hope that City beats Utd and Spurs beats both Arsenal and Utd and we win all our remaining games
      At least top four is in our own hands now, if Citeh and Utd draw then top 3 would be, but all we can do now is concentrate on Palace.

By the way, does anyone have an update on Henderson, is this injury career threatening?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #448: Apr 17, 2017 06:52:22 am

Do not worry about the top 4. We just need to win our remaining games and that should be our mentality. A little help from others would be great but we do not need it!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #449: Apr 17, 2017 07:44:23 am
      At least top four is in our own hands now, if Citeh and Utd draw then top 3 would be, but all we can do now is concentrate on Palace.

By the way, does anyone have an update on Henderson, is this injury career threatening?

Wondering the same thing, is this a flare up of his heel again? Or is this the training ground injury to his foot, either way, we do miss him. Hope he heals up. Too young for this to be career ending

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #450: Apr 17, 2017 08:03:20 am
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #451: Apr 17, 2017 08:12:35 am
      1 nil, 10 nil it doesn't matter,we got the 3 points and if we do the same with our remaining matches we will be home and hosed.Well done Jürgen and our REDS.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,457 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #452: Apr 17, 2017 11:33:20 am
      A very rare 1-0, Brilliant, could have won by more, and another top save from Mings.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #453: Apr 17, 2017 11:38:39 am
      6pts from 2 of the hardest cuts we always seem to to fall fowl of away from home
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #454: Apr 17, 2017 11:39:22 am
      Wondering the same thing, is this a flare up of his heel again? Or is this the training ground injury to his foot, either way, we do miss him. Hope he heals up. Too young for this to be career ending

Who said it can be career ending?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #455: Apr 17, 2017 12:18:51 pm
      Do not worry about the top 4. We just need to win our remaining games and that should be our mentality. A little help from others would be great but we do not need it!

Agree.   Its down to us .
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #456: Apr 17, 2017 01:15:32 pm

Klopp's last update was hoping that both hendo and lallana could be in training after the palace game.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #457: Apr 17, 2017 03:21:43 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

It's like asking why is the Pope Catholic?

We had this argument last week about Arsenal, and they're now even further behind us. So if the gap is what it is now, the mancs can win their games in hand, it still isn't enough for them. They need another result from somewhere. So there's no need to panic, and no need to want the enemy to win more games.

Scrappy game for us, as you would expect against Pulis, but we got the result we needed. That's all we had to do. Albert should have scored at the end, but he's not known for his scoring prowess, plus his confidence is zero. Benteke was missing such chances last season, while Lallana missed one at City recently. It didn't matter in the end, it's our first win there in 5 years. You have to congratulate their PA's pre-game music choice though. We play the world famous YNWA to get the crowd going, while they play Faithless Insomnia to help get their crowd to sleep from what they're about to watch.

So that is the end of the away trips outside London. We're back there on May Day.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #458: Apr 17, 2017 03:30:41 pm
      A very rare 1-0, Brilliant, could have won by more, and another top save from Mings.

Migs saved the day again!! Really hope the improvement is ongoing.
      Made up for the lad, he has been getting some stick previously
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #459: Apr 17, 2017 03:47:38 pm
      Want a draw between ushited and shitty

Quick Reply