Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

UK General Election June 2017

Read 13367 times
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts | 239 
      Re: UK General Election June 2017
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2017 04:16:14 pm
      Unfortunately I do not believe anything, that 'poll' could be part of a plan, leaked in preparation for today.

What last, and this year has shown, is that the internet, social media, etc, can be used excellently to manipulate democracy.

On the author of that report:
      Sir Lynton Keith Crosby AO is an Australian political strategist who has managed election campaigns for right-of-centre parties in several countries.

Yeah, I expect to see the entire media - including the Tory supporting part of it - talking up the Libdems over the next few weeks in the hope of casting them as the "real opposition" etc, to take votes off Labour. "Internal polls" like that one could well be part of it.

[ Edit - I see it's an "exclusive" leaked to the New Statesman. So aimed at Labour voters. Middle-class Labour voters as well, the ones most likely to switch to Libdem.]
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017 04:21:13 pm by sore monad »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2283 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2017 04:44:29 pm
      I don't mind him but he's no Charles Kennedy!

Farron is apalling, even worse than Clegg, remember him? I live in Cambridge which is a liberal heartland and its a f**king nightmare, half arsed very expensive cycle schemes everywhere, no coordination over roadworks etc, the thought of that on a larger scale is bloody terrifying.

Lib Dems will pick up some votes, mostly from Labour, but when push comes to shove people will vote for the only proper party, the conservatives. They will win a HUGE landslide, perhaps even bigger than Blair in 97. I also predict the conservatives and liberals to make significant headway in Scotland.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2017 05:10:41 pm
      As per usual, I'll vote on policies, not personalities, and that will, once again, rule out voting Tory.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2017 05:13:16 pm
      What a f**k up
      Corbyn did actually say when he took office, the by-elections would be his marker, an indication of how acceptable (or not) his policies were to the electorate - how many f**king hints does he need?
      Only this week a constituency namely Middlesborough, saw Labour soundly beaten (again) by the Tories, Middlesborough has never had a Tory by-election win, (ever).

Is Corbyn a Tory plant?

He is at least a f**king turnip if he cannot see he is of detriment to the party and the greatest ally the parasites could wish for in their quest to divide the electorate.

edit: Have yet to scan the list but it definitely won't be Tory or Labour, wonder if the Monster Raving crew have an appealing clown up for it?

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017 05:19:50 pm by stuey »
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,157 posts | 1334 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2017 05:26:14 pm
      Going to be the most one-sided election since 1997.  Probably a similar kind of landslide.  Although... been some pretty mad voting results in recent times...

Not a fan of politics, but what exactly is the problem People have with Corbyn? There's no way he can be that bad that people would rather deliberately f**k themselves over and vote Conservative.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2017 05:29:20 pm
      I may be overly worrying here but a rapidly called cabinet meeting for half past ten and half an hour later she's outside announcing an election in six weeks.

Shortly followed by the backing of all parties even though the tories are miles ahead in the (conveniently carried out) recent polls.

I'm not buying that it's got anything to do with brexit.

It just stinks of impending f**king doom.

I hope I'm wrong.

It's the annihilation of the opposition in the by-elections Ian.
      This week must have had the fuckers jizzing uncontrollably with the win at Middlesborough - never, ever seen a Tory victory there and they pissed it.

As said earlier mate if Corbyn isn't a Tory plant he's doing a f**king good impression.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2017 05:33:55 pm
      Not a fan of politics, but what exactly is the problem People have with Corbyn? There's no way he can be that bad that people would rather deliberately f**k themselves over and vote Conservative.

His policies are unfeasible mate.
      So much so that lifelong Labour voters turn against him because those same unfeasible policies render him unelectable.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2017 05:48:11 pm
      So much so that lifelong Labour voters turn against him because those same unfeasible policies render him unelectable.

I don't think they're all unfeasible, like nationalisation of the railways. But it's about who's 'delivering' these policies. It's like asking for that expensive ming dynasty vase you bought at auction to be delivered by Mr Blobby.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2017 05:52:23 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2017 05:50:49 pm
      i sent corbyn an email asking why he wants to make higher education free, which would leave universities in tatters with much fewer students. Students would need much more ucas points to stand a chance. I got no reply... No reply so no vote.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2017 05:53:16 pm

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Brexit negotations, he'd sell our arses to Europe for a bottle of Buckfast.

Labour are in no state to run the Country, they can't even sort their own party out.

I'd rather vote for a steady ship (Conservative) and hope one of the others sorts their sh*t for the following election.

Maybe Andy Burnham will be leading labour by then.

On a side note, I admire May for doing this, she's got some Balls, she wins this comfortably, then she'll have more seats in Parliament hence more votes, she'll shut up every one (MP'S, Judges) opposing her decisions with the you weren't democratically elected argument, will make her job that bit easier.

It's a sheer power grab by May, seen her opponents are weak and struck, bold move, she loses its political suicide and retirement imo.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,379 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2017 06:08:47 pm
      Wake me up on the 9th of june
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2017 06:09:04 pm

Which, specifically, are infeasible?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2017 06:11:30 pm

They're just repeating what the media say like our member who says he's a Labour supporter, but reads the Telegraph, a Tory rag.

Put it another way, do you think Murdoch, the Barclay brothers, Lord Rothermere and the like are going to give a fair crack to a bloke who actually wants them to pay their taxes?
      His policies resonate very strongly with the public, which is why we have seen a relentless character assassination from the moment he was elected leader.

It's always been the same, but if the tories win, you can say goodbye to employment rights, the NHS, Police, Ambulance services, Fire Brigades, wages people can live on etc and say a big hello to a total rentier economy, where only the wealthy can afford services, and the rest live in Victorian penury, while the rentier class cream off the profits from privatised services.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #38: Apr 18, 2017 06:13:34 pm
      They're just repeating what the media say like our member who says he's a Labour supporter, but reads the Telegraph, a Tory rag.

Put it another way, do you think Murdoch, the Barclay brothers, Lord Rothermere and the like are going to give a fair crack to a bloke who actually wants them to pay their taxes?
      His policies resonate very strongly with the public, which is why we have seen a relentless character assassination from the moment he was elected leader.

It's always been the same, but if the tories win, you can say goodbye to employment rights, the NHS, Police, Ambulance services, Fire Brigades, wages people can live on etc and say a big hello to a total rentier economy, where only the wealthy can afford services, and the rest live in Victorian penury, while the rentier class cream off the profits from privatised services.

The most vicious paper character assassinations came after he refused a meeting with Murdoch.  Not to say I agree with all his policies.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Apr 18, 2017 06:14:50 pm
      Can actually see him being drafted in by UKIP.

Can't believe i'm saying but i'll be voting the Tories, May has shown herself to be a strong leader so far imo, in Brexit she's put her own desire to remain below those who voted out, triggered article 50 and is already negotiating our exit, I feel were in safe hands to negotiate a good deal/exit, the following elections are fair game.

Labour, in such disarray they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, wouldn't want them anywhere near a Brexit negotiation never mind running the Country.

Democraps just ;D

Ukip as above, no where near ready to handle Brexit, run the Country.

Best of a bad bunch will get my vote.

How pathetic is it that we're reduced to such logic. I can't stand the Tories but even I concede that in terms of negotiating a Brexit deal I couldn't trust anyone else to get us anything remotely close to what I suspect they will.

It's going to be a landslide alright and give them even more of a mandate to push through every bit of legislation they want. Sad times in my opinion and embarrassing on behalf of all other parties.

Great that she proves conclusively that we can't trust a word she says "I wont be calling a snap election". Deceptive, self-serving, horrible fuckers and they're the best option available! Encouraging eh?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2017 06:16:40 pm
      The most vicious paper character assassinations came after he refused a meeting with Murdoch.  Not to say I agree with all his policies.

I'd be surprised if you did mate, not many people agree with ALL the policies of a party.

Murdoch thinks he runs the country, and it's hard to disagree.

Lynton Crosby is running the tory "campaign" again, unless he jumps ship after warning that a snap election could cost the tories 40-odd seats, but if he stays, expect nothing but more lies.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2017 06:20:49 pm
      How pathetic is it that we're reduced to such logic. I can't stand the Tories but even I concede that in terms of negotiating a Brexit deal I couldn't trust anyone else to get us anything remotely close to what I suspect they will.

It's going to be a landslide alright and give them even more of a mandate to push through every bit of legislation they want. Sad times in my opinion and embarrassing on behalf of all other parties.

Great that she proves conclusively that we can't trust a word she says "I wont be calling a snap election". Deceptive, self-serving, horrible fuckers and they're the best option available! Encouraging eh?

They haven't got a clue mate.
      Davis has already said there'll be no reduction in immigration, and that it might actually go up.
      Boris bumbles around insulting everyone he comes into contact with, and May hides whenever there's a problem.

The tories want to deny free movement of people, while retaining free movement of capital.
      It's not going to happen, so on behalf of the bankers and offshore account holders, they'll give in and accept all free movement, and the country will be in a sh*t state thanks to the hubris of Cameron, and another failed attempt to appease the rabid right of the tory party.

Meanwhile, that "strong leader" Mrs May has already said she won't do any debates.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Apr 18, 2017 06:26:02 pm

Best anology i can give to labour running the country at the minute would be like handing it over the LFC board/management during H&G era, we all witnessed first hand the damage that done and its only a football club.

Labour running the Country in their current state?, f**k that you'd have to be a proper anarchist.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Apr 18, 2017 06:31:32 pm
      Meanwhile, that "strong leader" Mrs May has already said she won't do any debates.

Ahhh the resident political expert, can't see the wood for the tree's...
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #44: Apr 18, 2017 06:42:20 pm
      Peter Hitchens..

"Opinion polls are a device for Influencing public opinion...Not a device for measuring it..

Crack that & it all makes sense".

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #45: Apr 18, 2017 06:49:13 pm
      Remind me again how many times May said she wouldn't call for an early election? (assuming she gets the 2/3's majority in the House she needs)?
      Ten?
      A dozen?

Real "strength" right there.

Anyone who thinks the tories will stop immigration is deluded.
      The reason (or one of them) is simple; immigration drives down wages by increasing competition for jobs. Bliar overcame this by introducing tax credits, but the hard right tories will still want immigration as it will boost their profits.
      Throw in on top of that a bonfire of workers rights, such as holiday pay, maternity pay, limited working hours, weekends off, workers contracts and a host of other rights, and you can see the future of this country for the working man.

Why anyone would vote to be turned into a serf is beyond me, especially when the "immigration" driver is simply not going to happen, and according to the Minister for Brexit, immigration will increase, not just in the short term, but for the foreseeable future. Check out what he said, it's all out there, but not being reported.

We've also recently seen a small Private Police force authorised for one of the super rich enclaves in London.
      Be prepared for more of the same; remember in tory Britain, the law only protects the rich, the rest will just have to make do.
      And if you get ill? Tough sh*t, pay up or get second rate care, and with no ability to sue for maltreatment because legal aid won't exist, and the same goes for unfair dismissal, or a boss groping a worker, or any number of protections you currently enjoy.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #46: Apr 18, 2017 06:51:23 pm

Noam Chomsky says pretty much the same thing, and when you start looking at who owns the polling organisations, it's hard to disagree.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #47: Apr 18, 2017 06:54:15 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #48: Apr 18, 2017 06:56:54 pm

You should check out her record on voting for anything to do with LGBT rights.

But that'll be the "Christian" in her.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Apr 18, 2017 07:06:04 pm
      But that'll be the "Christian" in her.

Ironic, considering Islamists are committing some of the most LGBT crimes out there, much worse than a vote, yet you say zero/zilch/nada.

I bet if she was running round decapitating people, shooting/blowing up, driving in to innocent people, you wouldn't say 'that'll be the Islam in her'.

You shout everyone down for Hypocrisy, yet your the biggest hypocrite on here.  :lmao:

Quick Reply