Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 31st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

UK General Election June 2017

Read 13368 times
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,030 posts | 974 
      Re: UK General Election June 2017
      Reply #3475: Dec 26, 2017 09:14:04 am
      Nick Clegg getting a knighthood, f**k me.
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,357 posts | 1751 
      Reply #3476: Dec 26, 2017 09:14:52 am
      I'm sorry Shabs, I'm just not old and wise enough to really know what Christmas spirit is. You're talking about alcohol right? No? Man I feel f**king dumb. I hope the next 10-20 years go by quick so I can be smart and wise like heimdall and Donald Trump!

The trick, BigV, isn't to be smart, it's just to say you are, over and over again, until enough people believe the lie. Much like with the lie of trickle down economics, you stop it early enough,  you spot the truth, in this case, stop 5 letters in, you'll have all the truth you need about trickle down economics, with Trump just stop five words in to virtually any sentence and you'll see the incoherent nonsense.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3477: Dec 26, 2017 09:23:14 am
      :lmao:

The wise old man calls me a snowflake and f**king arrogant. The irony in your statements of wisdom and know-it-all, only to come at me with the most generic of old man insults without any basis, is f**king hilarious.

I don't think you fully grasp irony dear boy.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3478: Dec 26, 2017 09:24:56 am

Care to counter my statement about village elders throughout history or just throw out cheap insults like an idiot?

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3479: Dec 26, 2017 09:28:13 am

f**king hell.old tory tw*t making us old anarcho skinheads look f**king bad,viva la revolution.

Are you a skinhead? Yikes peace and love not really your thing then I imagine. But if you are an old skinhead then you probably have a bit more wisdom than a young skinhead don't you think?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3480: Dec 26, 2017 09:32:34 am
      I'm sorry Shabs, I'm just not old and wise enough to really know what Christmas spirit is. You're talking about alcohol right? No? Man I feel f**king dumb. I hope the next 10-20 years go by quick so I can be smart and wise like heimdall and Donald Trump!

Good, acceptance is the first step.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,785 posts | 974 
      Reply #3481: Dec 26, 2017 10:15:38 am
      I don't think you fully grasp irony dear boy.

I don't think you fully grasp conscious thought dear man child. But hey, opinions are like assholes.

Care to counter my statement about village elders throughout history or just throw out cheap insults like an idiot?

Laughing is now a cheap insult. The more you know, eh?

Good, acceptance is the first step.

Acceptance that you think you're some kind of village elder and the world is a doomed shithole? Sure.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,908 posts | 2368 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3482: Dec 26, 2017 11:53:09 am

Village Elders? This is about to be 2018. You are making no sense.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,360 posts | 717 
      Reply #3483: Jan 02, 2018 04:50:32 pm
      Are you a skinhead? Yikes peace and love not really your thing then I imagine. But if you are an old skinhead then you probably have a bit more wisdom than a young skinhead don't you think?

nope ya listen and talk to people as equals,i've had to correct more than a few old folks that bang on about skins being racist and at the same time i'm surrounded by alot of young MIT types that know a shitload more than me about certain things.Anybody that bangs the i'm old i know whats better for others ain't gonna cut it.You are never to old to learn.FYI i've been a vegetarian for 30 odd years,peace and love.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #3484: Jan 03, 2018 07:24:05 am

nope ya listen and talk to people as equals,i've had to correct more than a few old folks that bang on about skins being racist and at the same time i'm surrounded by alot of young MIT types that know a shitload more than me about certain things.Anybody that bangs the i'm old i know whats better for others ain't gonna cut it.You are never to old to learn.FYI i've been a vegetarian for 30 odd years,peace and love.

A vegatablist is probably worse than all  :D
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #3485: Jan 23, 2018 02:18:01 pm
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3486: Jan 23, 2018 03:13:07 pm

LOL, so you're an old skinhead who's not racist, I knew there must be one who just half heartedly followed the flock. Btw what on earth does being a vegetarian have to do with peace and love. I'm sure you realise that Hitler was a vegetarian.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3487: Jan 23, 2018 03:15:41 pm
      Village Elders? This is about to be 2018. You are making no sense.

It may be 2018 but even in Western culture almost all positions of power are held by middle to older aged people. Btw in Africa and Asia etc I think you'll still find traditional village elders but I guess your echo chamber doesn't include them.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #3488: Jan 23, 2018 03:16:56 pm
      It may be 2018 but even in Western culture almost all positions of power are held by middle to older aged people. Btw in Africa and Asia etc I think you'll still find traditional village elders but I guess your echo chamber doesn't include them.

Not in the tech industry mate...
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,908 posts | 2368 
      Reply #3489: Jan 23, 2018 03:27:44 pm

They are in those positions because they have earned it. Not every older person is wiser, many are super ignorant and set in their ways because of years living like a baboon.

For me age has nothing to do with 'wisdom'. For every older person you can learn from for all the right reasons there is one you can learn from for all the wrong reasons.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3490: Jan 23, 2018 03:54:08 pm
      Not in the tech industry mate...

You'd be surprised, you may have some young energetic owner at the top, but underneath that you will have senior management being mostly senior, that's certainly true in most IT departments.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3491: Jan 23, 2018 03:57:18 pm
      They are in those positions because they have earned it. Not every older person is wiser, many are super ignorant and set in their ways because of years living like a baboon.

For me age has nothing to do with 'wisdom'. For every older person you can learn from for all the right reasons there is one you can learn from for all the wrong reasons.

I never said all old people are wise, some actually vote for Labour ;-). I would say though that most people have experienced more throughout their lives though and through that have gained a deeper insight, perspective and wisdom, certainly more than a 20 something who has nothing to base their world view on that a few lectures, podcasts, tweets and Facebook posts.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,908 posts | 2368 
      Reply #3492: Jan 23, 2018 04:07:57 pm
      I never said all old people are wise, some actually vote for Labour ;-). I would say though that most people have experienced more throughout their lives though and through that have gained a deeper insight, perspective and wisdom, certainly more than a 20 something who has nothing to base their world view on that a few lectures, podcasts, tweets and Facebook posts.

Sorry, must have thought you were another poster.

I don't know, I imagine when I'm out of my 20s I'll say 'man I was an idiot when I in my 20s' but from where I am now, respect and wisdom are earned through things more than just time on the planet. But I can see what you mean, the older you are certainly the more chances you have for positive growth.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #3493: Feb 06, 2018 12:03:58 am
      I have on the odd occasion complained to the BBC over bias in favour of the Tories. They reply about being fair and impartial. In fact on their website they boast about being the most trusted broardcaster. But if you look at their rules on conflict of interest and journalistic integrity, they say political commentators and presenters...must not...express support for one party over another. Rule 15.4.3

Jeremy Paxman on leaving Newsnight declared he was a "one nation Tory"..no surprise in that...but then the fair and impartial BBC...employed Paxman to interview Corbyn and May...in the 2017 General election....despite the fact that Paxman, in direct contradiction to BBC rules, had expressed support for the Tory Party.

So it follows that the BBC rules on impartiality aren't worth a toss. They break their own rules when it suits their agenda.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3494: Feb 06, 2018 12:08:06 am
      I have on the odd occasion complained to the BBC over bias in favour of the Tories. They reply about being fair and impartial. In fact on their website they boast about being the most trusted broardcaster. But if you look at their rules on conflict of interest and journalistic integrity, they say political commentators and presenters...must not...express support for one party over another. Rule 15.4.3

Jeremy Paxman on leaving Newsnight declared he was a "one nation Tory"..no surprise in that...but then the fair and impartial BBC...employed Paxman to interview Corbyn and May...in the 2017 General election....despite the fact that Paxman, in direct contradiction to BBC rules, had expressed support for the Tory Party.

So it follows that the BBC rules on impartiality aren't worth a toss. They break their own rules when it suits their agenda.

Paxman was employed by Channel 4 for those interviews. Not the BBC. Besides, knowing the keen Victorian historian he is, his referral to One Nation Toryism is a referral to the Disraeli agenda. Heck - it wasn't that long ago when Ed Miliband used the One Nation label for his own politics.

To be honest with you there are bigger things in this world than chastising the BBC for their news coverage. If it isn't the Tories banging on about the BBC's 'anti Brexit' coverage it's Labour saying whatever...yawn.
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2018 12:17:25 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #3495: Feb 06, 2018 12:42:30 am

I vote labour. Because I don't want the NHS to be sold off to companies who have a profit motive. I'm also against the rape and plunder of disabled people's benefits. Putting up a legal challenge in an attempt to stop people with dementia claiming PIP. The abolishment of the Disabled Commissioner.

The watering down of workers rights. The impossition of fees to stop workers going to employment tribunals. Scrapping legal aid. Cutting social care budgets. Cutting grants to local councils by imposing a 6 year freeze. Abolishment of the department for climate change. Cut funding to Pharmacies.

Overhaulled the Official secrets act pledging a 14 year prison sentences to whistleblowers. Abolished the Child Poverty Unit. Introducing Grammar Schools despite clear warnings from educationalists that this will lead to inequality and damage to the Comprehensive system. Tried and succeded in blocking overhaulling Fire regulations.The Torries will cut inheritence tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax, estimated to be £70 billion by 2022.

The list goes on and on. Kept in power by the Tory Media and tax bribes. The Torries have one policy...make the rich richer at the expense of the poor.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,373 posts | 3273 
      Reply #3496: Feb 26, 2018 11:25:01 pm
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #3497: Feb 28, 2018 10:24:16 pm
      Not sure where the best place to put this is but seeing as the survey relates to the election, I’ll bang it in here.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8WN3LYL

Fill it out for me please. It only takes two minutes and it’ll really help me with my dissertation.

Just one thing: only fill it in if you’re eligible to vote in British elections please. Nice one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,570 posts | 2581 
      Reply #3498: Mar 01, 2018 12:49:31 pm
      Not sure where the best place to put this is but seeing as the survey relates to the election, I’ll bang it in here.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8WN3LYL

Fill it out for me please. It only takes two minutes and it’ll really help me with my dissertation.

Just one thing: only fill it in if you’re eligible to vote in British elections please. Nice one.

Done
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,859 posts | 2284 
      Reply #3499: Mar 01, 2018 02:10:00 pm
      I vote labour. Because I don't want the NHS to be sold off to companies who have a profit motive. I'm also against the rape and plunder of disabled people's benefits. Putting up a legal challenge in an attempt to stop people with dementia claiming PIP. The abolishment of the Disabled Commissioner.

The watering down of workers rights. The impossition of fees to stop workers going to employment tribunals. Scrapping legal aid. Cutting social care budgets. Cutting grants to local councils by imposing a 6 year freeze. Abolishment of the department for climate change. Cut funding to Pharmacies.

Overhaulled the Official secrets act pledging a 14 year prison sentences to whistleblowers. Abolished the Child Poverty Unit. Introducing Grammar Schools despite clear warnings from educationalists that this will lead to inequality and damage to the Comprehensive system. Tried and succeded in blocking overhaulling Fire regulations.The Torries will cut inheritence tax, capital gains tax, corporation tax, estimated to be £70 billion by 2022.

The list goes on and on. Kept in power by the Tory Media and tax bribes. The Torries have one policy...make the rich richer at the expense of the poor.

Nice speech apart from the fact that the poor are in fact getting richer as well or at least less poor, sorry but statistically they just are, I know its inconvenient to your argument.

Personally I don't mind if the NHS is privatised a little bit more, AS LONG AS THERE IS STILL UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE AVAILABLE TO ALL. At the moment the NHS is hideously inefficient and you can't just keep chucking money at it and hope that magically solves all the issues.
      For example if the cost of private health care came down a bit more than it currently is then I'd be more than happy to jump over to it, as I'm sure many others would as well, that would free up space in the NHS in terms of money and capacity.

« Last Edit: Mar 01, 2018 02:14:12 pm by heimdall »

Quick Reply