Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Heroes BBC 2

Read 24453 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Heroes BBC 2
      Nov 09, 2007 07:38:21 pm
      http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/

Just interested to see if there are anymore followers of Heroes on the forum...the link above is to one of the directors from the shows, personal blog.

It's a good read but it does contain spoilers for season 2, which we haven't seen here in the UK.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Heroes BBC 2
      Reply #1: Nov 09, 2007 09:29:50 pm
      http://gregbeeman.blogspot.com/

Just interested to see if there are anymore followers of Heroes on the forum...the link above is to one of the directors from the shows, personal blog.

It's a good read but it does contain spoilers for season 2, which we haven't seen here in the UK.

I've heard people raving about it so I am planning on doing a bit of a download/ipod conversion and brightening up my work life.  Will let you know when I am 'in the loop'.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #2: Nov 10, 2007 09:22:07 am
      I've heard people raving about it so I am planning on doing a bit of a download/ipod conversion and brightening up my work life.  Will let you know when I am 'in the loop'.

Good one JD! Wish I could get away with watching tv at work...I have so much to catch up on! still have the last 9 episodes of Sopranos to watch...
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2007 08:09:00 am
      I love heroes, I got 5 eps of Season 2 but I only watched 2 so far.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #4: Nov 15, 2007 01:50:31 am
      Just seen tonights episode on BBC3...man they have written the story that the X-Men movies didn't achieve, genocide of a race different to the norm.

It just gets better each episode.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Nov 29, 2007 09:46:28 am
      1 episode left of Season 1...hope the beeb show season 2 in the spring & not the autumn of 2008! ;D

NOTE: links in post are obtainable in original post via Sweet Flag blog(see link below).

Of Cheerleaders & exploding men

Posted November 29, 2007 by DM Osbon

http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2007/11/29/of-cheerleaders-exploding-men/

It’s been an incredible fun experience watching Heroes each week for the last 20 weeks or so. Pure escapism which shows that you don’t need a costumed hero in a story to be a success.

Heroes owes Smallville a little bit of gratitude here, as it has been the forerunner of a non costumed Superman for a number of years now & even if it seems like Clark Kent will never leave Smallville the show has made Heroes transition in popularity a little easier.

In return Heroes has come around & brought the superhero genre right back into the 21st century. With it’s underplayed use of special effects, Heroes has been made to feel a more vibrant & colourful event than it would have if it relied more on effects than on the storyline & acting of the brilliant cast.

I have watched each episode of season 1 with a story arc that has been wonderful to get immersed in. The last episode of the season, How to Stop An Exploding Man should tie up the season nicely next week but I’m sure there will be enough loose ends that will lead into season 2.

Season 1 has had to deal with so many characters in 23 episodes it makes you wonder if season 2 will be a little slower paced. This wouldn’t be a bad thing & of course it depends on who will survive the final showdown between Sylar & Peter. It has been tempting to read Greg Beeman’s blog in full but as he is now commentating on Season 2, I am having to keep to his season 1 content.

For those who are uninitiated, Greg Beeman is one of the producers/writers on Heroes & his blog is well written & entertaining even if you haven’t been watching Heroes. He has also worked on Smallville, which I have only now discovered as I write this post & ties up my thoughts nicely in regards to the 2nd paragraph in this post.

I’ll be writing a full roundup of my thoughts on Heroes after next weeks finale but until then you may want to create your own hero for the TV show.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #6: Jan 06, 2008 07:52:04 pm
      Skipped your last post - looked like a bit of a 'spoiler'.  Anyway I have got all the first series on my ipod and watched about the first five episodes back to back.

It really is that good.

Loving the Japanese 'hiro'.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #7: Jan 06, 2008 08:03:03 pm
      Skipped your last post - looked like a bit of a 'spoiler'.  Anyway I have got all the first series on my ipod and watched about the first five episodes back to back.

It really is that good.

Loving the Japanese 'hiro'.

Nope no spoiler...glad you are enjoying it JD!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2008 01:19:57 am
      Heading towards episode 10.  Really gripped by the intense coming together of the lives of so many individuals.

Oh, and she'd get it.

Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2008 01:25:17 am
      Heading towards episode 10.  Really gripped by the intense coming together of the lives of so many individuals.

Oh, and she'd get it.

Beat me to it. 

I'm watching the 1st series and I'm on chapter 18 now!

May I also meantion Hayden is just about my age JD.  Or you never know!  She might go for the older male ;)

:lmao:
      « Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008 01:32:50 am by Court LFC »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2008 01:30:03 am
      Mention all you want. 

Old enough, rich enough and looks cracking in red and white.  (Her - not me).
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #11: Jan 10, 2008 10:23:51 am
      She maybe killed off in season 2! :o
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #12: Jan 10, 2008 03:53:35 pm
      She maybe killed off in season 2! :o

I've just come downstairs from watching Episode 19 Season 1!

You blurt ;)

Nah.  Can't see her being killed off.  Is it true that it has been cut to 11 Episodes because of the writer strike?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #13: Jan 10, 2008 06:14:36 pm
      I've just come downstairs from watching Episode 19 Season 1!

You blurt ;)

Nah.  Can't see her being killed off.  Is it true that it has been cut to 11 Episodes because of the writer strike?

yup so far it's just 11 episodes...not sure if that will change but season 2 was suppose to have 2 parts not sure whats happening now!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 11, 2008 07:02:51 am
      yup so far it's just 11 episodes...not sure if that will change but season 2 was suppose to have 2 parts not sure whats happening now!

Yup, I watched up to ep 11 (season 2) and it seems its the end of a story arc, but they sort of prepare the story for a second part it seems.

When you watch it you'll know what I'm talking about...
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2008 07:05:19 am by Venom-C »
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Jan 14, 2008 01:58:31 pm
      Yup, I watched up to ep 11 (season 2) and it seems its the end of a story arc, but they sort of prepare the story for a second part it seems.

When you watch it you'll know what I'm talking about...

Well that to me is a huge weight off my shoulders.  I'm on the 6th episode now.  ::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #16: Jan 14, 2008 09:24:36 pm
      Episode 15, Series 1.

Hooked.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2008 05:56:48 am
      Episode 15, Series 1.

Hooked.

I've just finished the 11th episode of season 2, thus me being awake right now.

...is there more to this series?  This surely cannot just be it.  F***ing writers strike.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2008 09:58:15 am
      Just found this... I love heroes, probably the greatest show on TV at the moment,, i am in Australia thoughm so I don't know what's on Englosh TV. It's not back yet, because of the writers strike and was up to ep11 season 2.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2008 12:05:14 pm
      Just found this... I love heroes, probably the greatest show on TV at the moment,, i am in Australia thoughm so I don't know what's on Englosh TV. It's not back yet, because of the writers strike and was up to ep11 season 2.

Are they making more!?
      benforrest
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts | -8 
      Reply #20: Feb 23, 2008 02:08:50 pm
      Have you noticed? that Sylar looks exactly like Fabregas....oh-uh.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #21: Feb 23, 2008 06:03:44 pm
      Well watched all the way up to ep 11 of season 2.  It best get back on the tele soon.  But after watching it episode straight after episode I don't know whether I can become a 'once a week' man.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #22: Feb 24, 2008 09:54:51 am
      I believe that they are making more but because of the writers strike, its unlikely that we'll see them in thenear near future

Quick Reply