Heroes BBC 2

Read 24587 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Heroes BBC 2
      Reply #46: Jul 04, 2008 03:00:36 pm
      Season 2 has now finished on BBC 2, and I have to say it wasn't as good as the first season. The first season was just awesome. Let's hope the writers learnt from the mistakes and Season 3 is even better.

Really? I thought Season 2 was brilliant - although I haven't seen Season 1. Yep, I do things back to front.  :D

Can't wait to see Season 1 before Season 3 starts then!
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #47: Jul 04, 2008 03:24:24 pm
      Really? I thought Season 2 was brilliant - although I haven't seen Season 1. Yep, I do things back to front.  :D

Can't wait to see Season 1 before Season 3 starts then!

Season one was great, IMO! All the episodes had you wandering what was going to happen next. But in season two, only a few of the episodes left you that way.

Can't wait for season three though.

Only 2 months to the start of season 3 :D cant wait

Do you mean it's coming on BBC 2 in 2 months? Or do you mean downloading it?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #48: Jul 04, 2008 09:20:28 pm
      I'm glad there's some fellow Heroes watchers, I've only got a couple of other friends who watch it, loads of people think we're sad, they just don't get it though ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Jul 05, 2008 03:02:12 am
      I'm glad there's some fellow Heroes watchers, I've only got a couple of other friends who watch it, loads of people think we're sad, they just don't get it though ;D

Those people who think you's are sad are just stupid! Tell them from me.

I can't believe season 2 is over. I think I might cry...............  ;D :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #50: Jul 05, 2008 11:02:51 am

Do you mean it's coming on BBC 2 in 2 months? Or do you mean downloading it?

I shall be downloading it, very legaly ;)

And exciting news for everyone. The season premier is only 3 hours long!
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #51: Jul 06, 2008 03:18:51 pm
      Haha, I will do redkenny!  :D

The last time I went to New York I went into the NBC store there and they have loads of Heroes merchandise, I was in heaven :P
      Hopefully it won't be long until series 3 is on as season 2 was just like a build up to 3 IMO.
      Darn that writers strike!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #52: Jul 08, 2008 03:39:17 pm
      Haha, I will do redkenny!  :D

The last time I went to New York I went into the NBC store there and they have loads of Heroes merchandise, I was in heaven :P
      Hopefully it won't be long until series 3 is on as season 2 was just like a build up to 3 IMO.
      Darn that writers strike!

Apparently the next series is on BBC2 in the Autumn
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #53: Jul 08, 2008 03:43:44 pm
      Apparently the next series is on BBC2 in the Autumn

Is it? Cool, i can't wait!!!  :D
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #54: Sep 21, 2008 03:12:39 pm
      I just saw a trailer for Season 3 on BBC 2!!!

I can't wait till its back on, and Season 3 is meant to be full of shocks and surprises!

:clap:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Sep 28, 2008 10:55:39 pm
      This Wednesday!! Yay!

MsGerrard
      Reply #56: Sep 28, 2008 11:39:11 pm

Aren't you busy on Wednesday  ;) :laugh:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Sep 29, 2008 02:31:54 am

Yes. Thank goodness for Sky plus... ;)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #58: Sep 30, 2008 01:02:03 am
      I just saw a trailer for Season 3 on BBC 2!!!

I can't wait till its back on, and Season 3 is meant to be full of shocks and surprises!

:clap:

It does look that way...the first 13 episodes should have been aired in season 2 but the writers strike paid to that.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Oct 03, 2008 09:43:12 pm
      Hooked again!

That was boss. Anyone see it?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #60: Oct 03, 2008 09:48:20 pm
      Just watching it on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00dv5tn/

love it half way through
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #61: Oct 03, 2008 09:50:35 pm
      Hooked again!

That was boss. Anyone see it?

Yep, i watched it!! I got a bit confused, so i may watch it again through the link that Venison posted!! But i did like what i saw and understood!!  :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Oct 03, 2008 10:37:07 pm
      Yep, I watched it!! I got a bit confused, so I may watch it again through the link that Venison posted!! But I did like what I saw and understood!!  :D

I knew you'd be watching Bpatel!  ;) And I agree it was a bit confusing at the very start, but then it slowly started coming back to me. I'll watch it again though as well.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #63: Oct 03, 2008 10:42:08 pm
      I knew you'd be watching Bpatel!  ;) And I agree it was a bit confusing at the very start, but then it slowly started coming back to me. I'll watch it again though as well.

I wouldn't miss it for anything!  ;) I love the programme too much!!  :D But OMG, everyone's getting superpowers and its getting really exciting!! And there's new characters being introduced with awesome superpowers!! I'm so excited, i can't wait for next week's episode!!  ;D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #64: Oct 04, 2008 08:41:03 pm
      Anyone sneak over to BBC3 after to watch the next episode?
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #65: Oct 07, 2008 03:50:59 pm
      Anyone sneak over to BBC3 after to watch the next episode?

Nope, I like to keep it a suprise for the next week (I'm a bit sad :P)
      I'm really glad it's back on, but how many more powers can people have?!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #66: Oct 09, 2008 10:14:01 am
      AHHH this thread is driving me crazy, i'm in oz waiting for the first ep of the season, grr.. only 17minutes.
      I keep clicking on sites with spoilers  and then telling myself to wait, its so tempting.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #67: Oct 13, 2008 01:23:39 pm
      Have to say I'm disappointed so far with season 3:

Heroes - The soap opera trick via Construed[http://construed.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/heroes-the-soap-opera-trick/]

"After viewing the 3rd episode of season 3 of Heroes, ‘One of Us, One of Them‘ another concern for me about the writing on this show, has begun to irk me.

In my last Heroes post, I mentioned how I found the characters of the show to be very insular in their own microcosm  - they didn’t engage enough in the lives of their non-powered cousins. Some of this problem, I believe, is in the shows format where the story chops & changes between the numerous characters in each episode. This is very much a soap opera trick, employed so that the TV audience doesn’t lose interest & is kept guessing to what will happen next. This approach of direction can mean the storyline & dialogue suffers, becoming sedated & unfulfilling. If Heroes carries on in this format, I can only see the storyline becoming a very muddy puddle that people will want to avoid.

Dropping this soap opera approach to the show would give the big ideas in the storyline, time to develop & mature. Let the viewer come to love the characters rather than just feel indifferent to them. Then maybe we would see less episodes like the anticlimactic season 1 finale, ‘How to stop an Exploding Man‘ & have something closer to a classic modern-day superhero TV show on our hands."

Heroes to who? via Construed[http://construed.wordpress.com/2008/10/03/heroes-to-who/]

"Heroes season 3 began airing this week in the UK & I have to say I’m not so sure about the direction the show seems to be taking. That’s not to say the quality of production is bad but the writing seems to be making the shows characters live in an almost entirely insular world.

The premise of a good/entertaining superhero story is not always about the hero alone but how that hero lives & interacts with everyday common-folk. The Heroes writers seem to be preoccupied with the idea of the hero or villain & concentrate very little time or thought over to developing a back story of everyday life. In a way there’s far too much adventure that, for me, is unbalancing the whole story & characters of Heroes. In a nutshell, I care very little for what happens to these characters - be they a hero or a villain.

Adam Buckman, of The New york Post, puts it like this in his recent review of the 1st episode of season 3:

Instead, this show, which was once so thrilling and fun, has become full of itself, its characters spouting crazy nonsense.[1]

I do hope that Heroes season 3 develops the show into a more seasoned & well rounded experience but I can only see that happening if there’s less reliance on special effects & more on the pacing of the multiple story-arcs."

Just a few of my thoughts  ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #68: Oct 13, 2008 06:20:14 pm
      :D. I dont look into too much, but the cliffhangers are the shiz. My favourite one being when Peter finds Adam Monroe/kensie in Canada, he lets out and says "hello peter". I was like jaw on the ground ;D

Quick Reply