Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (3.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      46 (78%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2017 06:28:59 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32460 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Apr 23, 2017 09:18:46 pm
      Yeah Crystal Palace are a bit sh*t aren't they, I mean beating Chelsea away and Arsenal is a walk in the park for any team, plus everyone knows that Stoke and West Brom are a piece of piss to beat, especially away!!!
      heimdall not pick on you  mate but are you say that because palace beat both Chelsea and Arsenal that makes them a good team? They also lose to Sunderland this season 4-0, Its a bit non nonsensical Our score line today reflex our performance today, it's not like we were peppering the goal with shots and their was having the game of his life. or they were playing out of their skin we were poor today and they were just a little bit better than us, but we should be playing better, more consistant football than the like of Stoke,West Brom and Palace according to where they are sitting in the table... we have been playing like a mid table Club, and part of the reason why is that we have a average squad with no depth to it, which is the main reason why if we lose one or two from our starting 11 we under perform

Edit:- The likes of Chelsea, Arsenal,Spur,Utd and City loses to team like this occasionally with us it is more of a regular thing
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #553: Apr 23, 2017 09:30:54 pm
      For anyone bemoaning our lack of options from the bench, unfortunately there's only one person to hold responsible for this. The manager! He's had the January window to strengthen for the run in and refused to use it. Exiling our best CB in Sakho and having to use clowns like Lovren and Klavan. I could go on, but I won't. However, my previous optimism has dissipated and I think we'll miss out on CL qualification now. Utd have been hit with injuries too, but they can bring on players like Mhikitaryan and Rashford and get the job done.

Big spending in the summer window? No chance! Our targets will head elsewhere now.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #554: Apr 23, 2017 09:42:30 pm
      Not just piss poor at the back, heartless in midfield and only two shots on target all game against this shower if sh*t.
      I give up. I'm now just in a zombie mode for watching us from now on. Not expecting anything, not building my hopes up, not looking forward to anything but the next game, with no passion or belief or it's gonna lead to s F***ing coronary for me.
      What will be will be, I'm getting off the roller coaster for a few weeks, while I'm still able to make the decision myself.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #555: Apr 23, 2017 09:47:33 pm

What will be will be, I'm getting off the roller coaster for a few weeks, while I'm still able to make the decision myself.

I got off after Bournemouth. Seen this coming a mile away today our chance to stick the knive in against those not playing around us and we blow it. There is a weak mentality running not just through this team teal but this whole club that will condemn us to many more aftrnmoons like today in the next year or 2
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #556: Apr 23, 2017 09:48:52 pm
      And you think that we will win all of ours  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We will beat watford, west ham, Southampton and lose to middlesborough
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6715 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #557: Apr 23, 2017 09:49:41 pm
      Gutted

Had 3 hours sleep, watched the match, tried to go back to sleep for an hour and half before work but was too distraught to sleep.

Kept playing that 2nd Benteke goal over and over in my head.

First Firmino misses the kick to put it out for another corner, then Emre who should have been goal side of the man he is marking, isn't and watches flat footed as Christian takes a couple of steps and nods in the winner. Emre doesn't even try to defend, he just lets him have a free run at it. F**k me.

What shits me the most about that is why the F**k is Emre marking Benteke? Wouldn't you think that our best defender, (now I don't know if that's Lovren or Matip), should be marking their best attacking option? In this case I think it should be Lovren as he's the more solid build of the 2. Makes F***ing sense to me. Not F***ing rocket science.

Arrggghhhh F**k it, I'm over trying to figure out where it goes wrong for us every time. We are a shambles in defense. Every time it goes anywhere near the box, I sh*t myself. This has to be the priority over the Summer. Stop conceding F***ing sh*t goals!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #558: Apr 23, 2017 09:55:45 pm
      Arrggghhhh f**k it, I'm over trying to figure out where it goes wrong for us every time. We are a shambles in defense. Every time it goes anywhere near the box, I sh*t myself. This has to be the priority over the Summer. Stop conceding f**king sh*t goals!!!!

Spot on Aussie, for far too long, even stretching back to Brendan's early days right through his time and still going on now, we concede far too many easy goals. Of course I don't watch other teams how I watch us so perhaps they do too but it seems highly unlikely that teams conceded such simple and the same type of goals time and time again.

Priority number one without a single question.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #559: Apr 23, 2017 10:01:51 pm
      Defence has been a massive problem for far too long. Should have been sorted by now.

Liverpool's problems can be summed up as thus:

1. We've never replaced Suarez.
      2. We've never replaced Carragher.

One with a ruthlessness in front of goal, the other a second Captain on the pitch and superb defensive organiser. Until this is addressed we will never come close to winning the league.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #560: Apr 23, 2017 10:03:04 pm
      Gutted

Had 3 hours sleep, watched the match, tried to go back to sleep for an hour and half before work but was too distraught to sleep.

Kept playing that 2nd Benteke goal over and over in my head.

First Firmino misses the kick to put it out for another corner, then Emre who should have been goal side of the man he is marking, isn't and watches flat footed as Christian takes a couple of steps and nods in the winner. Emre doesn't even try to defend, he just lets him have a free run at it. F**k me.

What shits me the most about that is why the F**k is Emre marking Benteke? Wouldn't you think that our best defender, (now I don't know if that's Lovren or Matip), should be marking their best attacking option? In this case I think it should be Lovren as he's the more solid build of the 2. Makes F***ing sense to me. Not F***ing rocket science.

Arrggghhhh F**k it, I'm over trying to figure out where it goes wrong for us every time. We are a shambles in defense. Every time it goes anywhere near the box, I sh*t myself. This has to be the priority over the Summer. Stop conceding F***ing sh*t goals!!!!

I've highlighted this before mate, or CBs tend to pass the buck when it comes to making danger men, the amount of times I've seen Clyne, Can, lallana etc left to pick up guys at 6'4 is ridiculous.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6715 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #561: Apr 23, 2017 10:03:14 pm
      Yep Kopite, I'm like you mate, don't watch other teams either but they must be doing it a hell of a lot better then us.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #562: Apr 23, 2017 10:40:12 pm
      Absolutely grim that, took the lead then pissed about playing fancy dan footie going from left to right then back again without making any real effect on Palace. They got their act together and got in behind us, with Lovren getting caught, good ball in and a good finish by Benteke, who  ghosted in past Clyne.

As for that second goal, poor attempt of a clearance by Firmino, Can wants F***ing for the way he just Benteke go past him while he just stood there and watched, plus the sh*t effort of a block from Lovren.

Can understand those saying we need another centre-back, but my first priority would be an out and out striker who knows where the goal is. Plus that F***ing glassman can F***ing do one as well if he's never gonna be fit.

All in all one F***ing sh*te performance today!
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #563: Apr 23, 2017 10:48:33 pm
      The modern game exposed for what is nowadays ,how the f@ck we managed with a starting eleven that wanted to win every game and no subs allowed in our glory years under Shanks,to many posts on here bench to thin etc spend spend the modern game s@cks
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #564: Apr 23, 2017 10:59:36 pm
      Liverpool's problems can be summed up as thus:

1. We've never replaced Suarez.
      2. We've never replaced Carragher.

One with a ruthlessness in front of goal, the other a second Captain on the pitch and superb defensive organiser. Until this is addressed we will never come close to winning the league.

Carragher was a bang average footballer and you have a very short memory if you don't remember all the defensive woes we had while he partnered skrtel or agger.  Local lad who gave it his all so he will always be loved and rightly so but he was not a top player.

Its Sami who we haven't replaced.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,269 posts | 6368 
      Reply #565: Apr 23, 2017 11:01:32 pm
      Carragher was a bang average footballer and you have a very short memory if you don't remember all the defensive woes we had while he partnered skrtel or agger.  Local lad who gave it his all so he will always be loved and rightly so but he was not a top player.

Its Sami who we haven't replaced.

Good point, people weren't exactly showering Carragher with praise his last season or two.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #566: Apr 24, 2017 12:18:49 am
      Christ Almighty, that was like watching paint dry..
      Lovren was f**king awful, the whole match.

And as for our deliveries into the box!! Jesus wept !!
      The amount of times Milner,Clyne and then Moreno had perfect opportunities to get it across and the ball just kept hitting the full back square on.
      That chance Moreno had to put one across when he got to the bye line was f**king dreadful..

We just don't have the depth and quality in the squad to blow a game wide open or to make the difference.

Once again, here we are, with four games to go, waiting on other teams around us to slip up and determine our European fate.

We need to call in a few favours, starting with Man city twatting Man U on Thursday...

Gutted..

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,269 posts | 6368 
      Reply #567: Apr 24, 2017 12:20:58 am
      Do we want City to lose? I already assumed United would win their games in hand, but if they beat City as one of those, it helps us doesn't it? There's no way United doesn't drop points with their schedule and with Zlatan and Pogba out.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #568: Apr 24, 2017 12:30:47 am
      Do we want City to lose? I already assumed United would win their games in hand, but if they beat City as one of those, it helps us doesn't it? There's no way United doesn't drop points with their schedule and with Zlatan and Pogba out.

Right now, I'd take 4th behind City, so long as maureen get's f**k all..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,269 posts | 6368 
      Reply #569: Apr 24, 2017 12:39:04 am
      Right now, I'd take 4th behind City, so long as maureen get's f**k all..
      Yea good shout. Like to be ahead of them both though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #570: Apr 24, 2017 01:14:52 am
      Goal scoring centre forwards are always a plus and I agree, Origi needs to be improved on but up top isn't where it's been lost. On last look we were the highest scoring team in the league.

Exactly.  Yes we struggled with shots on target today but we are the highest scorers in the league.  How many extra goals do people want us to try and score?  We scored a hundred odd a few seasons back and didn't win the league.

It's blatantly obvious to the majority of people that our pressing problem is at the back, and to some extent a centre mid.

If you struggle to keep clean sheets you will not win anything. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #571: Apr 24, 2017 01:36:47 am
      It's blatantly obvious to the majority of people that our pressing problem is at the back, and to some extent a centre mid.

If you struggle to keep clean sheets you will not win anything. 

The way I feel right now if we fu**ed off our whole defence I really wouldn't be arsed, but it's not just this season, we've been grim at defending from set-pieces and in general for the last couple of years.

Been saying it for a while, we're missing a ball-winning, mean b***ard, take control of the midfield centre-mid - far too lightweight there!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #572: Apr 24, 2017 03:28:14 am
      There with you Huyton said it after Bournemouth I'd bin all 5 of them at the back.

F***ing shambles that was running on about 3 hours sleep all night for the cu*ts to put in that sort of performance is infuriating.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #573: Apr 24, 2017 05:16:21 am
      That game just epitomised us in 2017.

- Lacklustre on the ball at home.
      - Barely any creativity.
      - Failing to break down a bus parker.
      - Relying on an individual for a piece of magic (which is what you need at times).
      - Looking susceptible on the counter.
      - Sh*t on set-pieces.
      - And generally sh*t at defending.

Humbled by Fat f**king Sam. Oh my days.

They've got Benteke, we've got Origi. Oh my days.

They've got Sahko, we've got Lovren. Oh my days.

And the state of our bench. Oh my days.

Can't even get angry anymore, as the pattern is well established.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #574: Apr 24, 2017 05:41:20 am
      Good point, people weren't exactly showering Carragher with praise his last season or two.

Nah Carra was miles beyond what we have a now. Just mentality wise he was a defender who hated conceding goals. This current lot are sh*t scared of putting their bodies on the line, and really thats all what defending corners is about. Attacking the ball before the opposition does.

It was only Carras last few years as he was getting too retirement age wherebhe became a little bit susceptible.

The likes of Matip seem to not be too arsed about attacking a ball coming in to the box. Thats in both boxes because he's half arsed at our corners too.

Quick Reply