Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)

Read 12501 times
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Re: Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
      Reply #23: May 02, 2017 12:27:07 pm
      Has pace and can cross, but then again so can Moreno. Could be an under study but would prefer an established prospect.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: May 02, 2017 02:40:16 pm
      Has pace and can cross, but then again so can Moreno. Could be an under study but would prefer an established prospect.

Moreno has pace but his crosses are usually only good if the target is in row 3 beyond the opposite touch-line.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #25: May 02, 2017 06:25:30 pm

Moreno can't cross, I'm amazed he's even able to cross a road! Moreno is good for one thing, sprinting around like a headless chicken.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #26: May 28, 2017 01:41:01 am
      Looks like Spurs are in for young Ryan, might be a issue if he wants to stay close to home.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #27: May 28, 2017 07:44:23 am
      There we go again. Buying potentials. same old same old, no disrespect to Ryan. if it's true then same approach FSG was using and is still using i the last 7 years, buy cheap and hope that they come good. If they don't then think about what to do later. Am I surprised? Not the least. That's FSG for us. The pattern is all too familiar.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #28: May 28, 2017 05:45:23 pm
      There we go again. Buying potentials. same old same old, no disrespect to Ryan. if it's true then same approach FSG was using and is still using i the last 7 years, buy cheap and hope that they come good. If they don't then think about what to do later. Am I surprised? Not the least. That's FSG for us. The pattern is all too familiar.

Actually it has been said that Klopp want's Milner there next year with the kid backing him up and learning how the manager wants things done; with the idea that 1-2 years from now TAA/Sessgnon are his backs and the position is done and dusted. It's really has nothing to do with FSG but what the manager wants.

The manager rates the kid, has been tracking him since he came to England and has a plan in place how he want's to approach it ....has f**k all to do with FSG.

Oh and BTW this cheap kid is probably going to cost somewhere in the 15-25 million range so it does not sound to me like its buying a player on the skint.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #29: May 28, 2017 10:57:28 pm
      The manager rates the kid, has been tracking him since he came to England and has a plan in place how he want's to approach it ....has f**k all to do with FSG.

I think it does have to do with FSG mainly. I just can't see Klopp sticking with Milner if he were at Utd, Bayern, Chelsea, Real, Barca, PSG, Juventus or Man City, and on top of that, then go out and buy left back with potential as back up :( But I guess it is what it is and we just need to hope if we get Sessegnon, he'll turn out to be exceptional!

Oh and BTW this cheap kid is probably going to cost somewhere in the 15-25 million range so it does not sound to me like its buying a player on the skint.

That's cheap consider what an established left back would cost us ;)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #30: May 28, 2017 11:24:18 pm
      I think it does have to do with FSG mainly. I just can't see Klopp sticking with Milner if he were at Utd, Bayern, Chelsea, Real, Barca, PSG, Juventus or Man City, and on top of that, then go out and buy left back with potential as back up :( But I guess it is what it is and we just need to hope if we get Sessegnon, he'll turn out to be exceptional!

That's cheap consider what an established left back would cost us ;)

If he wanted to spend 50 mil on a left back I am sure he could....why he would won't is probably more down to him than FSG.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #31: May 29, 2017 12:41:24 am
      If he wanted to spend 50 mil on a left back I am sure he could....why he would won't is probably more down to him than FSG.

He could, but i just feel that would sacrifice other positions. I'm sure we have a lesser budget than the other rich clubs and that Klopp has been informed of it, but it is what it is and i just hope we get lucky with the cheaper players and they end up exceptional!!

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #32: May 29, 2017 01:15:40 pm
      He'll be the best leftback in the league in 2 years, we should go for him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #33: May 29, 2017 01:22:26 pm
      Reportedly signing for Spurs which makes no sense if Spurs are selling Walker won't they need a RB?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: May 29, 2017 01:35:05 pm
      He'll be the best leftback in the league in 2 years, we should go for him.

Think that's a bit too much hype.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,381 posts | 3387 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: May 29, 2017 01:49:18 pm
      Reportedly signing for Spurs which makes no sense if Spurs are selling Walker won't they need a RB?

And he will be behind rose and davies
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #36: May 29, 2017 01:51:52 pm
      The boys has got talent that's for sure but we can't be relying on a 17 yr old as our first choice surely.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #37: May 29, 2017 01:57:17 pm
      Actually it has been said that Klopp want's Milner there next year with the kid backing him up and learning how the manager wants things done; with the idea that 1-2 years from now TAA/Sessgnon are his backs and the position is done and dusted. It's really has nothing to do with FSG but what the manager wants.

I respect what you have written and most probably it is all true. But the same thing all over again ala Moreno. What if Ryan did not turned up to be as good as what we hope he could be and leaked a bagful of goals that could caused us the PL title or a top 4 spot. We're back to square one again and a step back. Of course there is a chance that Ryan would surpass expectations.  So, in essence, what I;m saying is pay a decent fee for a natural tested left back, stabilisie situation and move Milner further up the field to be more effective as a unit. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38: May 29, 2017 05:49:42 pm
      So, in essence, what I;m saying is pay a decent fee for a natural tested left back, stabilisie situation and move Milner further up the field to be more effective as a unit. 

Great argument other than the manager chose to not do it last year, so I don't know what to think about that.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #39: May 29, 2017 06:09:57 pm

I think it's a bit more than 1-2 years. More like 3-4 given their ages, which would put Milner at 34-35 years old, and he's already out of puff half way through a season at his current age. Ones for the future are fine if you have the ones for right now boxed off. We don't and that's where our focus should be.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #40: May 29, 2017 06:26:33 pm
      I would have thought that Milner was too slow to be an effective left back for a Klopp's style team. In my opinion, that remains the weakest link in the team.
      Clyde is quick but so hopeless when attacking. His crosses are utter sh*t. He needs replacement too.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #41: May 29, 2017 07:11:04 pm

Yeah but if we can sell him for £70 million. 😁
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #42: May 30, 2017 08:49:44 am
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #43: May 30, 2017 09:59:45 am

Spurs still using us as scouts I see. Cheaper than hiring your own.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: May 30, 2017 10:16:49 am
      Spurs still using us as scouts I see. Cheaper than hiring your own.

I think this one is always going to be a tough one to pull off if a London club comes in for him. 16 year old wanting to stay close to home with all his friends?

There again if he moves to Spurs he is not going to get much game time behind Rose, unless City have him in their sites which would obviously improve our chances with Mendy, there is always a upside   :D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #45: May 30, 2017 02:02:29 pm
      Not gonna happen for us 😟

Quick Reply