Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre match Watford v Liverpool 1/5/17 20.00 KO

Read 9254 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Pre match Watford v Liverpool 1/5/17 20.00 KO
      Apr 26, 2017 04:13:07 pm
      Didn't see a topic, figured it's time to start discussing how badly we're going to do this bunch.

VENUE: Vicarage Road Stadium

VS  

Basically from here on out, it's 3 points or bust. We can't afford any more draws and this is really a fixture that you have to think is a must win for us.

I saw pictures of training today and Sturridge is back. If Lallana could find his way at least to the bench it would be a huge boost.

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017 07:57:33 pm by MsGerrard »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Pre match Liverpool v Watford 1/5/17 20.00 KO
      Reply #1: Apr 26, 2017 04:16:53 pm
      Didn't see a topic, figured it's time to start discussing how badly we're going to do this bunch.

VS  

Basically from here on out, it's 3 points or bust. We can't afford any more draws and this is really a fixture that you have to think is a must win for us.

I saw pictures of training today and Sturridge is back. If Lallana could find his way at least to the bench it would be a huge boost.

Sturridge is back doing his rehab training alone, different from being available.

But would be good to give him a farewell at some point.

Watford are a poor team no excuses not picking up max pts.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2017 04:30:53 pm

VS  

Absolutely must win, I know it's away from home but I see this as one of our easier games remaining. Nothing but 3 points will do, the lads need to be trained to the minute for it and destroy them from the off. Let's get a few goals up and put it to bed in no uncertain terms gaining confidence and putting pressure on all those around us.

Really is a matter of ignoring all other results and just taking care of our own business, difficult to do for us let alone the players but we need absolute focus.

I'd drop Origi without question, hopefully it's an easy choice with Lallana returning:

Mig
      Clyne   Matip  Lovren Milner
                     Lucas
                 Can      Gini
           Lallana Firmino Coutinho

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2017 04:44:33 pm
      Nothing but 3 points will do, the lads need to be trained to the minute for it and destroy them from the off.

This right  here x 1000
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2017 04:53:54 pm
      Absolutely must win, I know it's away from home but I see this as one of our easier games remaining. Nothing but 3 points will do, the lads need to be trained to the minute for it and destroy them from the off. Let's get a few goals up and put it to bed in no uncertain terms gaining confidence and putting pressure on all those around us.

Really is a matter of ignoring all other results and just taking care of our own business, difficult to do for us let alone the players but we need absolute focus.

I'd drop Origi without question, hopefully it's an easy choice with Lallana returning:

Mig
                     Lucas
                 Can      Gini
           Lallana Firmino Coutinho

Agree Luke, in fact I'd go a step further and put Trent in ahead of Clyne, Clyne hasn't given anything going forward, he gets into position but can't deliver,

I'd play young Trent despite his inexperience but think he at least has a end product, Matip can keep him in check defensively, Clyne for me has become complacent so a kick in the gonads and a arse-numbing on the bench sometimes works wonders,

This is a must win, infact every game left is, no excuses, play it like a cup final,  then again perhaps not??

1-3 Redmen

YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2017 05:41:11 pm

Mig
                     Lucas
                 Can      Gini
           Lallana Firmino Coutinho

Not sure of that lineup mate, it's the same set up we had after Mane went to the AFCON and Lallana was just wasted and esp with the 3 incumbents in midfield not exactly the most creative they find it difficult getting the ball to the attackers.

I would leave Lallana in midfield and if Origi needs dropping then I would consider one of Ojo, Woodburn or Wilson as one of the attacking three.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2017 06:33:53 pm
      Another 6-1 and I'll be happy...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2017 06:43:04 pm
      Not sure of that lineup mate, it's the same set up we had after Mane went to the AFCON and Lallana was just wasted and esp with the 3 incumbents in midfield not exactly the most creative they find it difficult getting the ball to the attackers.

I would leave Lallana in midfield and if Origi needs dropping then I would consider one of Ojo, Woodburn or Wilson as one of the attacking three.

Agree on keeping Lallana in midfield if he is available from the start. I have a hunch he will be on the bench, however.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #8: Apr 26, 2017 06:47:04 pm
      Agree on keeping Lallana in midfield if he is available from the start. I have a hunch he will be on the bench, however.

I just have a hunch 😞
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Pre match Watford v Liverpool 1/5/17 20.00 KO
      Reply #9: Apr 26, 2017 08:41:57 pm

The bells !
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Apr 26, 2017 08:58:06 pm
      Must win.
      The team? Same again.
      The bench? Teenager bingo.
      We 'should' beat Watford.
      Confidence level - 6/10.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Apr 26, 2017 09:50:47 pm
      With the Madchester teams meeting  this is a Cup Final for us.

We could go to 69 points and get some air between us and those following.

We can't even think about losing .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2017 08:21:46 am
      I say bring Digger back for this and it will be a certain 3 points for us. :scarf:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2017 11:48:29 am

Mig
                     Lucas
                 Can      Gini
           Lallana Firmino Coutinho
      TBH Luke I would also drop Can and play Grujic, he did not look too bad when he came on vs Palace... I like Can, but feel Grujic carries more of a goal threat
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14: Apr 27, 2017 12:54:31 pm

Agree Luke, in fact I'd go a step further and put Trent in ahead of Clyne, Clyne hasn't given anything going forward, he gets into position but can't deliver,

I'd play young Trent despite his inexperience but think he at least has a end product, Matip can keep him in check defensively, Clyne for me has become complacent so a kick in the gonads and a arse-numbing on the bench sometimes works wonders,

This is a must win, infact every game left is, no excuses, play it like a cup final,  then again perhaps not??

1-3 Redmen

YNWA

Mate I'm sure you know by now my stance on Clyne, 100% agree with you but I just don't see it happening. He'd make a huge difference for us going forward and I've little doubt that Watford will park the bus and Trent would be that advantage you suggest.

Yep, I do prefer Lallana in midfield, fair point that. Could possibly put Trent out wide but for sure Origi needs dropping. Watford are the biggest side in the prem and he gets bullied at the best of times, we need to work it on the floor to break these guys down.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2017 02:41:51 pm
      This is the kind of game where one or two players will lose concentration and let us down. I've had enough of Origi. He needs to compose himself whenever he receives the ball, holding up the flow of our attack. That style of play costs us. Play bobby there. At least his flicks and turns get us forward.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2017 05:06:54 pm
      ???

Not sure if I've lost something through transAtlantic or transgenerational language barriers.

hunch" "a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than known facts."

Of course that's 98.7 percent of opinions expressed on these boards so, I guess I didn't need to include that part.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #17: Apr 28, 2017 04:11:21 am
      They need a rocket up their arse after Palace. Do they not want to test themselves as footballers amongst Europes best? Do they not want to play in the best stadiums? Against the best players? Do they not want to experience those anfield nights? Stamp their names into our history?  It's there for taking boys so F***ing go and show us you want it. Because palace wasn't F***ing good enough!

Personally I'd like to see klopp be ruthless here. Rather than moving two or three players around to accommodate one player, why not just keep our best players in their strongest position and move that one player out of position instead?

What I mean is, why is Bobby playing on the right to accommodate origi? Bobby has played down the middle all season and to be honest, he's done a F***ing sound job as well. Whenever he plays on the right he's barely involved, just wasted. So get him back in the middle where he belongs please gaffer.

Lallana is another one. If he comes back in then please for gods sake do not play him on the wing. He has an engine but absolutely zero pace. His 0-60 is tomorrow. He's been dog muck for us whenever he's played out wide but this season in the middle he's been class. So just keep him there!!! 

Lallana, Bobby and coutinho are enough to win this game for us providing they are in position.

Also it wouldn't be good management putting TAA in now as somebody suggested above. The kid has promise but come on, this is a time where we need experience. Clyne might be gash going forward but the lad can defend.

Migs

Clyne  Matip Lovren Milner

Lucas

wijnaldum   Lallana

Origi       Firmino    Couts   
      Tadders

• 6,612 posts | 558 
      Reply #18: Apr 28, 2017 09:59:59 am
      Love your confidence guys. I base my pessimism on highlights of this years football against teams who have no interest in beautiful football.  I said I would take a draw against palace and got slated..our manager doesn't really coach our players so if they are up for it we will get beaten up again.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #19: Apr 28, 2017 10:00:12 am
      I don't trust these players at all . Too many times when they know what is at stake  they just simply fail to turn up.

They talk all the usual guff about  "knowing what we have to"  and then go and do the complete opposite. Players like Origi and Clyne  always seem to get a free pass by Klopp , stinking the place out for 90 minutes .

I actually think Watford are gona be thinking " Our last big game on the telly , we are safe so let's have a go at these "  How will we respond ? Well that question just proves why so many of these players need moving on because if we still don't know what we are gona get from them , then they are quite simply not up to it.
      1-1
      1-2
      2-0
      3-1
      1-4
      I don't f***in know!!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #20: Apr 28, 2017 10:03:03 am
      I'm really worried about this game because I don't know which Liverpool team will turn up. I'd we lose we are in serious trouble, but a win keeps the battle going.
      I'm going 2-0 reds.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #21: Apr 28, 2017 12:15:06 pm
      If we can't even win this, we really don't deserve to be playing in the Champions League. Then so be it.

We've had our chances the whole season. Yet some players have let us down unnecessarily at some point in time. And there are really one too many.

If we can't even win this, what makes us think we won't get hammered even if we scrap into the top four.

If those guys really want the top four, show us paying fans the desire.  If they can't be arsed defending and conceding from a Benteke header, why should we be? Leave early.

Win this match in style and we're really on our way. Otherwise don't bother turning up in this match and be cursed by us fans. Be pedestrian, make your silly mistakes in this match and laugh over it. Then run our club down with your can't be arsed attitude. But you should know this is Liverpool and the consequences with the fans if you can't even be bothered especially after making your schoolboy errors.

Enough is enough. Go out there and rip Watford apart. Otherwise don't return to Liverpool.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #22: Apr 28, 2017 12:34:06 pm
      Think this will be a really difficult game tbh, Watford tend to up their game, against the Reds. Although seemingly have nothing to play for, think that they will make life tough on Monday night !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #23: Apr 28, 2017 12:41:20 pm
      Forgot that we beat Watford 6  1 way back in November. There is reason to be optimistic after all.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #24: Apr 28, 2017 12:54:24 pm
      Like palace, I'm not confident at all
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,010 posts | 2735 
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2017 03:28:50 pm
      If Lallana's fit then stick him in the middle where he plays best. None of this out wide bollocks like we did in January when Mane was away.  He's arguably our most important player and needs to play in his best position and if that means one of Wilson/Woodburn/Ojo has to play wide then so be it.

Honestly have no idea what to expect on Monday night, think there's an equal chance of us easing to a 3-0 win as there is of us getting comprehensively beaten by the same score.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #26: Apr 28, 2017 03:48:44 pm
      Would love to see Origi dropped for this in favour of Wilson, perhaps even Woodburn.

Wilson, Firmino, Coutinho or Coutinho, Firmino, Woodburn.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      Reply #27: Apr 28, 2017 06:39:03 pm
      Lallana and studge on the bench, same team as vs palace hoping they can turn in a much better performance
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 28, 2017 07:23:16 pm
      Lallana and studge on the bench, same team as vs palace hoping they can turn in a much better performance

Studge on the bench? Was he not out last week due to 'hip problem'?
      Meant to look this up before, and I don't know much about doctoring (or much else), but the hip is a pretty big bone/joint - if you have a problem there that keeps you out of the squad one week, is that not more of a problem than like a 'tight quad', or an 'ankle niggle' etc, that would take a while to come back from.

Dunno, am probably just getting tired of the Studge injury lament, might be best just to not play him so there is a chance he can stay fit enough to pass a medical at some other club.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      Reply #29: Apr 28, 2017 07:35:56 pm
      Studge on the bench? Was he not out last week due to 'hip problem'?
      Meant to look this up before, and I don't know much about doctoring (or much else), but the hip is a pretty big bone/joint - if you have a problem there that keeps you out of the squad one week, is that not more of a problem than like a 'tight quad', or an 'ankle niggle' etc, that would take a while to come back from.

Dunno, am probably just getting tired of the Studge injury lament, might be best just to not play him so there is a chance he can stay fit enough to pass a medical at some other club.

Apparently back in training unless it was a ghost or a hologram
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2017 07:42:53 pm
      Apparently back in training unless it was a ghost or a hologram

Back in training eh, he's just teasing us ;)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Apr 29, 2017 07:17:55 am
      We need to have our mentality right for this one and our defense on-form because we don't know which type of defense we will play and neither Klopp knows.

All of them will play before us so we know what we need to do! Just win.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2017 08:15:48 am
      What worries me is, by the time we play on Monday, we could well be in 5th. That adds more mental pressure to our lads, and I don't think they do pressure very well. Not judging by previous occasions.
      This game has the same implications as a cup final, all or nothing !
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2017 09:19:39 am
      What worries me is, by the time we play on Monday, we could well be in 5th. That adds more mental pressure to our lads, and I don't think they do pressure very well. Not judging by previous occasions.
      This game has the same implications as a cup final, all or nothing !

We probably will be 5th mate, but you could also argue that is what it might take to wake this team up and do something. But don't hold your breath. Everyone took the piss out of the Spuds last year when they came 3rd in a two horse race, looks like we are going to do something similar, but it still is probably in our own hands so lets hope we can win all our remaining games and fall over the line.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2017 12:00:55 pm

We probably will be 5th mate, but you could also argue that is what it might take to wake this team up and do something. But don't hold your breath. Everyone took the piss out of the Spuds last year when they came 3rd in a two horse race, looks like we are going to do something similar, but it still is probably in our own hands so lets hope we can win all our remaining games and fall over the line.

Yeah, I'm hoping and watching through hands over the eyes.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #35: Apr 29, 2017 12:02:41 pm
      Back in training eh, he's just teasing us ;)
      Well let's hope he doesn't stub a toe or scuff a knuckle before Monday night.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Apr 29, 2017 09:56:17 pm

We know that.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #37: Apr 29, 2017 10:46:39 pm
      You and who ? And what do you know ? And how do you know it ?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #38: Apr 30, 2017 07:17:30 am
      im anxious about this game if im honest. im a half glass full kind of guy but i think all of us truthfully deep down inside would wonder which team would show up.  the hard winning team like we saw vs top 6 or the more recent wins vs smaller teams or tthe bad team like the one we saw at crystal palace

anxious times heh
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #39: Apr 30, 2017 10:17:30 am
      im anxious about this game if im honest. im a half glass full kind of guy but i think all of us truthfully deep down inside would wonder which team would show up.  the hard winning team like we saw vs top 6 or the more recent wins vs smaller teams or tthe bad team like the one we saw at crystal palace

anxious times heh

... but why should it be ?

Erratic results and a threadbare squad lacking real quality .

We just don't know which team is going to turn up.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,131 posts | 254 
      Reply #40: Apr 30, 2017 03:11:47 pm
      Just want to say that Scums just drew 1-1 vs Swansea and now ManCity 1-0 down against Boro with City managed zero shot on target until half-time, hope it's continue like this and they lose (see their lines-up and you'd say WTF ha ha)
      The Mancs to hell please and sure You'll Walk Alone.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #41: Apr 30, 2017 04:24:49 pm
      With results today, plenty of incentive for the lads tomorrow. No excuses that there's nothing to play for.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,131 posts | 254 
      Reply #42: Apr 30, 2017 05:45:02 pm
      With results today, plenty of incentive for the lads tomorrow. No excuses that there's nothing to play for.

Right mate, but as far as this team's habit I can't help but nervous a lot.  I just hope our lads fight to the max for the win, only the win.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #43: Apr 30, 2017 07:27:16 pm
      This is a massive game, bigger with today's results. 1st final from 4. We can do it.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #44: Apr 30, 2017 07:37:29 pm
      This is a massive game, bigger with today's results. 1st final from 4. We can do it.

A definite 6 pointer as they say!

Redangel

• 8,083 posts | 963 
      Reply #45: Apr 30, 2017 07:39:50 pm
      Nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't win this! Both Manc sides dropping points, Arsenal losing, it's now up to us!
      Come on you Redmen, we can do this!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #46: Apr 30, 2017 07:49:30 pm
      A definite 6 pointer as they say!

Exactly mate! It will give the other teams a punch in their face.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #47: Apr 30, 2017 07:55:33 pm
      MASSIVE GAME. Let's do the business.

Firmino in the middle causing havoc.

Defence has to be F***ing perfect!!!
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #48: Apr 30, 2017 09:26:41 pm
      I won't get to see this unless it rains tomorrow,hope we don't F**k it up.Just F***ing win lads.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #49: Apr 30, 2017 09:37:10 pm
      Lallana on the bench tomorrow?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #50: Apr 30, 2017 10:20:00 pm
      Come on you Reds. It's in our hands boys. Grasp it F***ing tight.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #51: Apr 30, 2017 11:04:55 pm
      With the recent results with our mancky neighbours ,it appear to be squeeky bum time,so lets lay the gauntlet down an wipe the floor with this lot tommorow ,no more f@cking excuses Klopp better have them told what is expected we are very lucky to have this back in our own hands again.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #52: Apr 30, 2017 11:42:47 pm
      We got mauled and bullied here last season under Klopp.

Time to grab the bull by the horns and go in from the get go. None of this pedestrian, lackadaisical  half hearted sh*t.

Respect the opponents and give 'em what for.

No excuses Redmen.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #53: Apr 30, 2017 11:43:40 pm
      come on you reds

go for it.

YNWA
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,233 posts | 261 
      Reply #54: May 01, 2017 12:29:15 am
      Must win.
      The team? Same again.
      The bench? Teenager bingo.
      We 'should' beat Watford.
      Confidence level - 6/10.

That shocking lack of options and depth in the squad is why I would have liked Gerrard to have been given a six month playing contract even if he had been limited to coming off the bench etc his experience would have been a lift, he wouldn't have stood for some performances.
      I know it's irrelevant now and forget the player he was, he wouldn't have been the saviour but he could have been a useful addition.
      RedWilly

• 9,141 posts | 1619 
      Reply #55: May 01, 2017 08:07:48 am
      Please don't F**k this one up.

Absolutely must win this.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #56: May 01, 2017 09:19:55 am
      I hope we rip into this shower from the get go. Give them absolutely zilch time to dig in. An early goal then keep at it. Our strength is attack - play to it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #57: May 01, 2017 10:05:58 am
      Only 10am and i'm already counting the hours, imperative we win today, the Mancs still have Arsenal and Spuds to play so its a chance to give us a little breathing space.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #58: May 01, 2017 10:45:55 am
      I will be able to watch the game from the kick off but I do not know if I would be home early enough to do the live thread.

We need to win this match so much! Come on Reds.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #59: May 01, 2017 11:34:16 am
      Whoever starts tonight, they need to go out with the intention of giving 100% for 99 mins+.
      Lose a tackle or miss place a pass, no jogging around feeling sorry for yourself. Flat out effort to get back and rectify it or at least get back and cover.
      No place for complacency now. Don't think these are a lesser side and think you can stroll though the game. Get fired up before you go out and be prepared to give it your all.
      If you are not prepared to do that, I suggest you look for another club next season. We want players here who are proud to wear our shirt !
      Now go out and tw*t these, about time we had another 3 or 4 goal victory.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #60: May 01, 2017 11:37:58 am
      We simply HAVE to win...

I'd like to see TAA get a run over these last few games in midfield..He can whip some great crosses in and has nearly scored himself a couple of times.
      Gini and Can need to stamp their authority in the middle early doors.
      These last few games Origi has played his best running back towards his own goal :roll: so I wanna see a big improvement from him tonight..

This is it boys and girls... the first of 3 points out of the 12 we need..
      Just don't f**k it up...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #61: May 01, 2017 01:24:15 pm
      With points and goal differences so close to each other in the fight for UCL spots, another 6-1 would do just fine ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #62: May 01, 2017 01:49:27 pm
      If we don't win this game, we don't deserve to finish in the top 4. Have to see a performance where they refuse anything less than a win. Especially after what that tit Cleverly said.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: May 01, 2017 01:55:07 pm
      If we don't win this game, we don't deserve to finish in the top 4. Have to see a performance where they refuse anything less than a win. Especially after what that tit Cleverly said.

Couldn't agree more.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #64: May 01, 2017 02:40:00 pm
      Just read some sh*t on Tom Cleverley and how he will do his best to stop us and help Utd. Didn't know that shithouse of a player played for Watford tbh. I hope we smash them good and proper.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #65: May 01, 2017 03:23:52 pm
      Just read some sh*t on Tom Cleverley and how he will do his best to stop us and help Utd. Didn't know that shithouse of a player played for Watford tbh. I hope we smash them good and proper.

Hate that c**t
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: May 01, 2017 03:29:38 pm

I hate all Utd cu*ts, ex or current, even Owen :D
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #67: May 01, 2017 03:34:48 pm
      We can't trust this team so we don't know what we are gona get. Results from yesterday could actually go against us with this shower. Hope they don't think the hard work was done for them yesterday but theb that wouldn't be the first time these lightweights think they just have to turn up.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #68: May 01, 2017 03:41:11 pm
      Guessing:

Migs
      Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner
      Lucas, Gini, Can
      Firmino, Origi, Coutinho
      Subs: Karius, Gomez, Moreno, TAA, Lallana, Sturridge, Woodburn or Grujic

Can't concentrate in the least at work today.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,912 posts | 8428 
      Reply #69: May 01, 2017 03:43:20 pm
      Come on Redmen, let's have three points today!!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #70: May 01, 2017 04:12:09 pm
      I know he's only just returned, but I hope Lallana starts in place of Lucas.  We function so much better with him linking midfield to attack.  Lucas and Studge off the bench around 60 minutes for Lallana and Origi. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: May 01, 2017 04:27:28 pm
      I hate all Utd cu*ts, ex or current, even Owen :D

ESPECIALLY OWEN   scummy little Judas .
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #72: May 01, 2017 04:34:01 pm
      Whoever starts tonight, they need to go out with the intention of giving 100% for 99 mins+.
      Lose a tackle or miss place a pass, no jogging around feeling sorry for yourself. Flat out effort to get back and rectify it or at least get back and cover.
      No place for complacency now. Don't think these are a lesser side and think you can stroll though the game. Get fired up before you go out and be prepared to give it your all.
      If you are not prepared to do that, I suggest you look for another club next season. We want players here who are proud to wear our shirt !
      Now go out and tw*t these, about time we had another 3 or 4 goal victory.

We  need the Goal Difference as well in case no ones noticed.

As many as you can get RedMen .

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #73: May 01, 2017 04:39:09 pm
      We have to take advantage of Munts & Shitty dropping points. Again, this is a opportunity to create a space between us and in particular the MUtants, a space unlikely to be closed given their run in and injuries, so in essence tonight's must win is in fact our cup final, a final if we were to win almost..... Almost guarantees us a CL spot, Imo,

So like others have said no F***ing about, get in there and get the f***in job done, its rumoured that Lallana will be back if so, i'd play him from the get go, get a hour from him and hopefully a unassailable lead, i'd also be tempted to give young Trent A. A.  a go at rwb, Clyne for me has no end product, he gets into decent positions going forward but does F**k all with the ball when he gets there, very frustrating, give the young boy a go, he'll run at them and deliver decent ball whether it be a shot on goal or a clip into the box, he's also unknown to their defence, is fearless and will want to impress, so why the F**k not?

I'm confident we can go there and win, yes we fu**ed up V Palace but when have we made it easy for ourselves?

0-2 Mighty Redmen .........

Mignolet

Trent A.A.   Matip    Lovren     Milner

Lucas
                                               Gini                    Can

Lallana                      Coutinho
                                                          Firmino

COYR

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #74: May 01, 2017 05:41:32 pm
      Getting nervous now. We need to make this count
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      Reply #75: May 01, 2017 06:22:15 pm
      Already creating the Live thread. Come on Reds.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #76: May 01, 2017 06:38:55 pm
      There's hardly any 'weekend' left here for the reds to ruin so on that basis I expect us to collect all 3 points!
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #77: May 01, 2017 06:39:32 pm
      Please please please make my week...

Quick Reply