Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

UEFA overturn S** ban

Read 4643 times
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      UEFA overturn S** ban
      Apr 30, 2017 06:47:33 pm
      Don't know if a thread already exists, but as title says, UEFA have declared the sh*te rag are allowed to attend both Anfield and Goodison for European games. According to their regs, they determine which journalists are allowed to attend to report and agreeing with our ban would be "unfair"...

Atrocious decision...

http://www.90min.com/posts/4935780-uefa-announce-that-journalists-from-the-sun-will-attend-liverpool-and-everton-european-games?a_aid=35560
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Re: UEFA overturn S** ban
      Reply #1: Apr 30, 2017 07:13:16 pm
      Disgusting.

Surely LFC have the right to determine who is and isn't allowed access to their own premises.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #2: Apr 30, 2017 07:19:01 pm
      Disgusting.

Surely LFC have the right to determine who is and isn't allowed access to their own premises.

Would have thought so, wouldn't you? No doubt contravenes some EU human rights bollocks...

Hopefully they'll just block them anyway, regardless of what UEFA say...
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #3: Apr 30, 2017 07:33:04 pm
      Stuff 'em, bunch of out of touch morons who bury their heads in the sand rather face up to reality!
      Surely they have no jurisdiction over who we allow into our own grounds. Just more evidence of how out of touch they are, too much power too little common sense! Change is needed from top to bottom, the sooner the better.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #4: Apr 30, 2017 07:43:42 pm
      Maybe LFC and EFC should together approach UEFA and tell them why their decision encroaches on the families of the disaster and supporters human rights regarding that sh*te rag and scumbag reporters. The lack of empathy from UEFA speaks volumes...
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5: Apr 30, 2017 07:44:08 pm
      Corrupt filthy immoral bas**rds both organisations.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #6: Apr 30, 2017 07:49:45 pm
      It's fine, they can come to Anfield and report on the match, just let them report from the toilet which is where that rag belongs.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #7: Apr 30, 2017 07:50:09 pm
      Just remind me who owns Sky, and the rag?

Who pays a sh*t load to UEFA?

Coincidence?

Jürgen just won't talk to the cu*ts.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #8: Apr 30, 2017 07:55:59 pm
      Just remind me who owns Sky, and the rag?

Who pays a sh*t load to UEFA?

Coincidence?

Jürgen just won't talk to the cu*ts.

Just out of curiosity, why does he pay money to UEFA?
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #9: Apr 30, 2017 08:13:25 pm
      Disgusting.

It worked for Fergi,  Has it all changed,  I wonder ?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #10: Apr 30, 2017 08:17:49 pm
      Just out of curiosity, why does he pay money to UEFA?

Don't Sky have some rights to show CL/EC games?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Apr 30, 2017 08:21:36 pm
      Disgusting.

LFC must have . They can ban anyone for their behaviour from entering Anfield .... its the same.

Its a workplace and subject to those rules amongst others .

Who the f**k do they think they are ?

Oh yes .... a corrupt organisation .
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #12: Apr 30, 2017 08:22:48 pm
      Don't Sky have some rights to show CL/EC games?

No. They're all on BT...
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #13: Apr 30, 2017 08:28:40 pm

Ahh, don't have either, my error, but he's still a slimy c**t, maybe Fox in the US pay as a desperate attempt to validate my point.

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #14: Apr 30, 2017 08:29:49 pm
      Ahh, don't have either, my error, but he's still a slimy c**t, maybe Fox in the US pay as a desperate attempt to validate my point.

Honestly don't know mate, but you're correct on one point. He is Slime...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15: Apr 30, 2017 08:45:33 pm
      Doesn't really matter that much, not many in Liverpool going to buy this paper. A lot of shops won't sell the paper and UEFA can't force that. The s*n are time wasting since most people who care about Liverpool or Everton won't buy their paper so it is a waste of time writing about them. When I went to buy petrol some weeks ago outside of Liverpool, I was offered a free s*n and I told them no thanks.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #16: Apr 30, 2017 08:49:14 pm
      Doesn't really matter that much, not many in Liverpool going to buy this paper. A lot of shops won't sell the paper and UEFA can't force that. The s*n are time wasting since most people who care about Liverpool or Everton won't buy their paper so it is a waste of time writing about them.

Completely true. But the fact the club has banned them and UEFA has the balls to overturn the decision is what turns the cream.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #17: Apr 30, 2017 08:53:56 pm
      Completely true. But the fact the club has banned them and UEFA has the balls to overturn the decision is what turns the cream.
      I can understand why people feel UEFA have been disrespectful, I can agree on that but there is not a lot we can do. We just get on with things and read other papers. Liverpool and Everton can still ban them from domestic matches and it would not surprise me if some of the fans made their feelings felt during the European matches.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #18: Apr 30, 2017 09:00:21 pm
      It's uefa comp rules that we sign up to no? that's why they have their own sponsors ads,empty seats etc.we kinda give up the stadium for a period of time around the games...i think.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #19: May 01, 2017 01:23:15 am
      If by having the tv rights, BT eliminate sky + Sun from the equasion, then the only financial connection to UEFA has to be the old murdoch brown envelope 😳
      Wouldn't surprise me one little bit.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #20: May 01, 2017 02:15:50 am
      I would guess its more down to the freedom of speech thing, and I would imagine if anyone presses UEFA on this, this would be the go to excuse.

I would also imagine the contracts in place with UEFA ensure the press have a right to attend games and ask questions.

However I would hazard a guess, any questions from that sh*t rag, as long as they get an answer could not be questioned, so anything they ask could be answered with one word answers. Yes, No, Dont Know.

Rules are rules, and there are always ways around them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #21: May 01, 2017 04:01:12 am

Here in the states, NBC broadcasts EPL games Fox Sports broadcasts Europa and CL games. There you go.....
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #22: May 01, 2017 09:04:20 am
      I'd make it so uncomfortable for them they won't want to come back.

An open air box, in the Gods, clearly marked. Parking spaces, clearly marked. Food n drink coupons, clearly marked. Facilities, non existent.

Shower of fucks have no shame... why would they even want to come to Liverpool anyway? If they come - make the scum pay. 💀
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #23: May 01, 2017 11:39:21 am
      I'd make it so uncomfortable for them they won't want to come back.

An open air box, in the Gods, clearly marked. Parking spaces, clearly marked. Food n drink coupons, clearly marked. Facilities, non existent.

Shower of fucks have no shame... why would they even want to come to Liverpool anyway? If they come - make the scum pay. 💀

They're probably so thick skinned and arrogant, they wouldn't notice.

"Get over it FFS, it was ages ago" would likely be their response.

I F***ing detest the scum, I really do. My family's roots are from Wirral, but I'm not a local. But the people from the area shouldn't have to put up with the cu*ts. For too many years, a lot of the country blamed the fans based on the lies printed in that sh*te rag. A 1000 years could pass and it still wouldn't make it any less painful. The club need to assert an authorative stance on this one. They're not coming in at any cost!

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #24: May 01, 2017 11:41:15 am
      As I said in the Don't buy the *** thread:

We should get legal assistance on this, no chance The *** should be let to enter. If they are allowed, we must boycott the press conference. I love press conferences from Klopp but there is no bigger sacrifice the our 96 victims and their family!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #25: May 01, 2017 11:43:33 am
      Just get each of them to wear one of those Hi-Vis jackets with the S*n on the back and let them report on the game from the bar in the Arkles on match day.. ;D

That should be fun...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #26: May 01, 2017 12:10:54 pm
      Are people allowed to play Vuvuzela next to them?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #27: May 01, 2017 12:13:43 pm
      Are people allowed to play Vuvuzela next to them?

Isn't that an instant hanging offence? 😂

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #28: May 01, 2017 01:47:24 pm
      Nothing disgusting here just UEFA being UEFA, all part of the playing in Europe shenanigans that's all. Nothing to get worked up like say our club airbrushing out banners from the Kop they don't like!!

Either side of Neil Mellor, white banner and by Neil's ear, red banner with club crest on, one should say 'don't buy thee scum and the other is the 'we told u they lied' considering it's a massive mural at the academy which they use as a backdrop for tv interviews. It obviously embarrasses them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #29: May 01, 2017 01:53:35 pm

They haven't overturned any decision, just part of their rules for champions league games. We can ban the s*n all we want from Anfield for Premier League and all other domestic fixtures, unfortunately UEFA takes ownership of grounds for games in their competition. They're not actually forcing Liverpool to do anything, although that's the way it's being spun in light of recent events. UEFA decide which media does and doesn't have access. It's up to them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30: May 01, 2017 02:05:03 pm
      They haven't overturned any decision, just part of their rules for champions league games. We can ban the s*n all we want from Anfield for Premier League and all other domestic fixtures, unfortunately UEFA takes ownership of grounds for games in their competition. They're not actually forcing Liverpool to do anything, although that's the way it's being spun in light of recent events. UEFA decide which media does and doesn't have access. It's up to them.

Still a bunch of tw*ts.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #31: May 01, 2017 04:28:13 pm

Thanks for shedding some light on the shenanigans. I don't know how UEFA can take ownership of grounds during their competition though TBH. But at least it explains it.

Cannot agree with it however they spin it...

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: May 01, 2017 05:00:31 pm
      Yet further proof if it were ever needed how far removed these Kunts are to the fans on the terraces, or indeed the clubs within their realm, just a few weeks back BvB had their coach bombed yet these f***in tossers within hours let BvB know by way of a txt  that the game against Monaco was going ahead regardless of how they felt or the state of their emotions,  in other words "We don't give a F**k how you feel, your f***in playing, now shut the F**k up and get on with it, we want the revenue, the jollies on the night and of course to suck the corporates balls,

they don't give a shiny sh*te which media mogul reports on the game or at which venue, their only concern involves how much money they can make each and every game,

Perhaps those who make the banners should make one just for them, a massive on that gets passed up and down the crowd.

f***in HEARTLESS F**k PIGS !!!!!!!!!!!!

YNWA
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #33: May 02, 2017 01:37:31 am
      UEFA still hold us responsible for Heysel, even though they knew the kip was completely unsuitable, and have never considered their own role in the events that night. They also considered making us play a EC QF on the 20th Anniversary of Hillsborough citing tv schedules, before backing down, and they made us hitch to Madrid for the European semi final when we couldn't fly there. If the game can be played, then it must be played, and that's the end of the discussion from their pov.

UEFA run the competition, and it's their way or the highway. They will argue that media organisations can't be banned as it would set a precedent for the future. Any protests will lead to fines and/or ground closures. So we have to comply.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #34: May 02, 2017 10:39:43 am
      The shitrag can report on the games,but I hope they do there reporting whilst  sat on there arses in the fast lane of the M62 or queens drive & while they are at it a few bellends from UEFA  can show up to make sure
      The cars are adhearing to the speed limit.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #35: May 02, 2017 10:54:06 am
      they made us hitch to Madrid for the European semi final when we couldn't fly there

Ha ha remember that.  LFC did a live train blog or something. 
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36: May 02, 2017 12:54:56 pm

Fair points mate, and to be honest if we want to be in any UEFA competition, we shouldn't complain about their decisions, we know they're an immoral and corrupt organization but what da hell.

I hope this comment isn't taken out of context and by no means do I have a speck of respect for the scum rag posing as a newspaper, but I don't have an issue with the UEFA decision. There are newspapers all over Europe with links to disgusting organizations, or right wing Nazi affiliations in Easter Europe for example. It's not UEFA's job to enforce morality into the media because there is no end to that line. They can hold clubs and their supporters to levels of standards expected from footballing matters, but the media will always be mostly scum and we can't get away from that.

However, if we have any right to ban those "journos", I would expect the club would do it. If we don't, I wouldn't actually expect any of them to turn up or at least understand that if they try, they will be treated like the scumbags they are.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #37: May 05, 2017 04:57:34 pm
      I'm surprised that the FA didn't come out and claim the banning of the rag was against their media rules. Just banned Barton for life more or less. If he was a London club player..

But UEFA are in the pay of the media but lets not kid ourselves, football is is the pay of the TV media, SKy and the rest.

Quick Reply