Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Simon Mignolet
      9 (7.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (1.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      80 (69.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      9 (7.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      14 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: May 05, 2017 09:58:01 pm

Watford 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28532 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Re: Watford 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: May 02, 2017 09:51:03 am
      Don't want to sound negative as 3 pts was the most important thing last night but against a sh*t Watford side we were very poor imo.
      We really are stumbling across the Top 4 line rather than as you would expect a team in our position bossing games esp against the dross.

Dross indeed!
      Shouldn't have been but knew it was going to be tricky as soon as Coutinho went off injured and the fact that he had to be thrown on to face them F***ing bruisers is a glaring example of why we make hard work of beating dross like Watford.
      Right now we are light in all departments and apart from the flash of outstanding brilliance by Can and a good day at the office for Migs, we could easily have drawn that game leaving us perilously close to the manc sh*te below us.

How many F***ing years does this go on?
      Another F***ing skin of the teeth/disappointing/if only season where success eludes for the same F***ing reason.

CL competition?
      Having a F***ing laugh.   

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #622: May 02, 2017 09:51:24 am
      It's funny how we all see things differently....

I thought that Watford we set up well, and looked strong all over the park,were as in the first half we look poor in the last third of the pitch... Makes me feel that we have hope should we still need a result in the last game of the season to claim a CL spot knowing that this type of Watford side has to face City... Origi.... Imo he has gone backwards from the player we had towards the end of last season and spends far to much of the game with his back toward the oppositions goal, but with Ings and Sturridge looking as if the maybe moved on do we sale him...? Our defense overall I feel copied pretty well, even the haphazard Migolet looked commanding in the box

Clyne proves the point that note everything that glisten is gold...Questioned why we bought him at the time and was told by someone here that is amongst the top 3 RB in the prem...Hope that person can see what we can all see now... I think that we should prioritise on a LB,RB and a Striker or two this summer, (that not saying that If we can, not to get a GK,CB and DMF) But we should prioritise LB,RB, and Striker and getting in a defensive coach,(Carra,Sami etc) to work with Lovren and Co... I believe that the group of CB's we have although not exactly world class could become a solid unit if they learnt to communicate with each other and cover one another better
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #623: May 02, 2017 09:54:31 am
      Can's goal. Wow. Our best goal of the season? It's definitely up there, I can't think of too many better.

Forget goal of the season, that was one of the best goals I've ever seen whilst supporting Liverpool.

Incredible.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #624: May 02, 2017 09:55:22 am
      How many f**king years does this go on?
      Another f**king skin of the teeth/disappointing/if only season where success eludes for the same f**king reason.

CL competition?
      Having a f**king laugh.
      How long indeed... Sooner have *my badly tanned arse* in charge than the clowns we have now  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2017 02:54:32 pm by racerx34 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #625: May 02, 2017 10:05:52 am
      Forget goal of the season, that was one of the best goals I've ever seen whilst supporting Liverpool.

Incredible.

Fair enough mate, it was a beauty!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,608 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #626: May 02, 2017 10:20:35 am
      Before that shot, referee missed a clear foul as Matip was barged out of the way as the ball fell to him. Would have been a horrible injustice for it to have gone in.

Of course if we had simply scored a 2nd goal....

No matter, onward and upward.

I meant Lallana's.
      He'd be MOTM is what I meant.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #627: May 02, 2017 10:29:14 am
      The Can goal was excellence  but I thought Lallanas effort was brilliant.It had goal written all over it.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #628: May 02, 2017 02:07:38 pm
      Get Origi off FFS !!
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #629: May 02, 2017 02:49:19 pm
      Still made up with that win. Such an important victory in a game we have slipped up in far too often in the past.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,013 posts | 523 
      Reply #630: May 02, 2017 04:21:23 pm
      Great weekend for us, puts us back in the box seat ( whatever a box seat is) for top 4.

Thought Lallana was excellent - great to see him back. Matip looked good -  that wee dodgy spell he had seems to be behind him, hopefully was just down to being back from injury. Mig was pretty good again - certainly on crosses. Sturridge was more dangerous in 10 minutes than Origi was in 80. MOTM has to be Can - very good all round performance, plus a worldy to win it.

Only real concern was how 5 minutes into injury time we suddenly looked all over the place trying to set up to defend a high set piece from deep. Upto then we had defended reasonably well. Anyway, we won and, overall, deserved to.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,045 posts | 338 
      Reply #631: May 02, 2017 05:31:01 pm
      Post-match, Can admitted in his interview that our lads get nervous defending late set pieces now.

Bit of a worrying comment to put out there, in my opinion. 

But we got through it, and hopefully the clean sheet last night will help build some confidence next time we face that sort of situation, because two wins and a draw ought to be enough to secure CL footy next season.  Let's be positive - its only up to us now.  Winning ugly isn't what we're used to (losing ugly, maybe!), but its what's needed to stay in the fight.

It seems a long time ago so many of us (me included, I'm half-ashamed to admit) were saying Emre had no place at LFC after a run of dismal performances.  Turns out he was only half-fit (says a lot about our squad depth), and now he's firing on all cylinders, my god we're getting a game out of the fella.  Easily my MOTM, and not just for the goal.  Just goes to show how important it is to keep the faith.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #632: May 02, 2017 06:15:23 pm
      That goal though  :o  8) :) :P :scarf: !!! Flipping heck, had me on the edge of my seat for the last 15 mins, good job I don't bite my nails, I'd have none left ! Exciting finish now to the end of the season, but Southampton won't be push overs for sure, we need to concentrate from the first minute to the last and ensure we get the three points, it's in our own hands, let's make sure we don't cock it up !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #633: May 02, 2017 06:20:36 pm
      How we didn't concede, I really don't know. What I do know is, that goal by Can is enough said along with the 3 points.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #634: May 02, 2017 06:52:56 pm
      Notice second half that Can tail was up and he was trying a few Gerrard moves  ;D not quite there yet Emre, but at least you have chosen the right player to inspire you, and if you become half the player Stevie G was you will do yourself and the Club proud  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #635: May 02, 2017 07:58:28 pm
      Notice second half that Can tail was up and he was trying a few Gerrard moves  ;D not quite there yet Emre, but at least you have chosen the right player to inspire you, and if you become half the player Stevie G was you will do yourself and the Club proud  :aaliverpool2xt1:

... and eventually get the armband .
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #636: May 02, 2017 09:50:32 pm
      That goal HAS to get goal of the season, on MOTD, Sky, Fox, BT and any other channel..sweet finish.
      Piss poor game though..
      Watford were sh*te.. and that player who clattered into Coutinho knew exactly what he was doing...pr**k!
      Great to see Lallana to come on and play a blinder..pity he didn't get the opportunity to play alongside Coutinho last night as we would've won that easily..

If I have to watch another three piss poor games like that and get 9 points I really don't F***ing care.. ;D

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #637: May 02, 2017 10:32:15 pm
      Dross indeed!
      How many f**king years does this go on?
      Another f**king skin of the teeth/disappointing/if only season where success eludes for the same f**king reason.

CL competition?
      Having a f**king laugh.

How the F**k does my post change from.... "  Sooner have (someone who Rhymes with) "Rump" in charge than the clowns we have now  :mad: :mad: :mad:...to

How long indeed... Sooner have *my badly tanned arse* in charge than the clowns we have now  :mad: :mad: :mad:
      ???

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #638: May 03, 2017 08:59:35 am
      That goal HAS to get goal of the season, on MOTD, Sky, Fox, BT and any other channel..sweet finish.
      Piss poor game though..
      Watford were sh*te.. and that player who clattered into Coutinho knew exactly what he was doing...pr**k!
      Great to see Lallana to come on and play a blinder..pity he didn't get the opportunity to play alongside Coutinho last night as we would've won that easily..

If I have to watch another three piss poor games like that and get 9 points I really don't F***ing care.. ;D

Coutinho could very likely have slotted a goal himself or presented chances by taking 3 markers out of the game, he was the only Liverpool player to present any viable threat to Watford; he was despatched by the bruisers for that very reason.

The fact that we have to put Coutinho out with his sublime skill, against the bag of sh*te Watford tells you all that you need to know about our wafer thin squad.
      We fell off the pace with the Prem because of injuries and performances like Watford when they should have been obliterated instead of us being thankful for a wonder goal, quality in this team is almost none-existent and will embarrass LFC in the CL.

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #639: May 03, 2017 09:33:28 am
      That's four turgid performance's on the bounce but 9pts out of 12 isn't bad. On the other hand , we don't press anymore , play football anymore and Jurgens game management in the last 4 games could of cost us all those games.

What i am watching now is truly awful and doesn't fill me with confidence for next season .

RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #640: May 03, 2017 10:40:40 am
      That's four turgid performance's on the bounce but 9pts out of 12 isn't bad. On the other hand , we don't press anymore , play football anymore and Jurgens game management in the last 4 games could of cost us all those games.

What i am watching now is truly awful and doesn't fill me with confidence for next season .

'Could have cost us'...except you know, erm, it didn't?

Nothing better than a hypothetical problem, especially when you're on a wind up!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #641: May 03, 2017 10:45:16 am

Nothing better than a hypothetical problem, especially when you're on a wind up!

His negativity is a joke
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #642: May 03, 2017 11:18:23 am

You can't seriously be happy with what you are watching can you?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #643: May 03, 2017 11:57:18 am
      You can't seriously be happy with what you are watching can you?

I'm happy with the points haul and I understand that with the other injuries we've endured (are enduring) and the thin squad we have (which Jürgen takes responsbility for) we aren't going to be the same team we were early on. We just need to grind out wins and improve over the summer and we should be fine.

Quick Reply