Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30

Read 6805 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30
      May 04, 2017 08:56:58 am
      Puel has certainly done a number on us in the last few encounters but hopefully the fact that they have nothing to play for might make breaking down their stubborn defence a bit easier for us.
      We are not playing the brilliant all out attack from early in the season and Im sure that is down to the lack of Mane and the players just seem a bit leggy at this stage of the season, Klopp can see it and is taking a more pragmatic approach to games.

As we are at home there is not need to play two defensive Mids and seeing as though Origi has been a bit meh recently I would be tempted to start with Sturridge and see if we can get 45mins out of him.

A spawny 1-0 will do.

NB: Team no longer available
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30
      Reply #1: May 04, 2017 09:10:15 am
      Win by 1,2,3,4 it doesn't matter as long as we win,just got to concentrate on these last 3 matches and we are in the champions league next season.A win will make the Kenny Dalglish stand all the more special. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2017 03:49:45 pm
      Puel has certainly done a number on us in the last few encounters but hopefully the fact that they have nothing to play for might make breaking down their stubborn defence a bit easier for us.
      We are not playing the brilliant all out attack from early in the season and Im sure that is down to the lack of Mane and the players just seem a bit leggy at this stage of the season, Klopp can see it and is taking a more pragmatic approach to games.

As we are at home there is not need to play two defensive Mids and seeing as though Origi has been a bit meh recently I would be tempted to start with Sturridge and see if we can get 45mins out of him.

A spawny 1-0 will do.

Prefer your idea of Sturridge on from the start, but I'm not betting on it.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2017 06:50:04 pm
      southampton has been a thorn of late and after our win at watford could be a huge banana peel

klopp has to get it right in terms of team selection, tactics and more importantly get our lads fired up!

lets do this boys, bring CL nights back to anfield!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #4: May 04, 2017 07:08:41 pm
      3 games against this lot and we haven't even scored. We owe them one for sure.

I'd be getting Sturridge in up top for Origi and starting Lallana in place of Lucas. Hopefully Coutinho is fit.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #5: May 04, 2017 07:19:53 pm
      Most of our problems have come from people playing in positions unfamiliar and thats why I would keep Lucas in as I still think hes the best anchor in midfield
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: May 04, 2017 07:47:52 pm
      Forget the top 4 places for a moment. We owe these boring cu*ts a smashing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2017 12:27:51 am
      I like Southampton. Even if they had something to play for I doubt they would come here and put bodies behind the ball like most teams do, it's just not in their nature. They'll come here looking to play and to win the game but that makes them a big threat, they're a very good side with very good players. It should make it a good game because we are at our best when teams attack us so I'm really looking forward to this.

We've picked up some crucial points recently in some very difficult fixtures so Jürgen and the lads deserve huge credit. We aren't quite over the line yet though. This is another must win game and then we can relax and watch Arsenal United which will hopefully be a draw. That would be the perfect day. So go all out boys and attack Southampton from the first whistle.

Is coutinho fit? If so then the only change I would make is Lucas out and Lallana in. Lucas has done a brilliant job in recent weeks but I'd like to see us go a bit more attacking at home. We are a different side with Lallana in it, he makes us tick. 

So back five of migs clyne lovren matip Milner.

Midfield three of can wijnaldum Lallana. Can stays in rather than Lucas simply because of his worldie goal the other night. Hopefully it'll give him a confidence boost.

Front three of coutinho firmino origi.  I'd like to see firmino in the 9 role though because he is wasted on the flank, he just doesn't get involved. He causes all kinds of havoc whenever he plays down the middle though so get him back into that position.  Origi has offered little during his run in the team so it makes sense to swap them over. I trust origi to do a solid job down that right hand side for us. He would also win every aerial dual against Bertrand.

Come on reds. Win this and we are basically there.

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #8: May 05, 2017 04:17:44 am
      soooo if we somehow pick up van dijk and bertrand this transfer window.  does that make southampton our feeder club?  :lmao:
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #9: May 05, 2017 01:11:07 pm
      I would drop Origi for Lallana, move Bobby to the middle and have Lallana right and Coutinho left. Mid 3 stays the same.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2017 01:17:41 pm
      Must win game.  I would settle for a scrappy 1-0, but hopefully can relax with a blisterring display of attacking football with and a 6-0 score line.

;D :aaliverpoolwz0:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #11: May 05, 2017 01:44:27 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser). I'd agree with Bobby through the middle and Lallana and Couts on the wings. Gini-Can-Lucas through the middle works for me. Just go get it done, we have to have 3 points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: May 05, 2017 02:04:19 pm
      I've got a funny feeling we might give them a real drubbing, they have absolutely sod all to play for in this game and we are well overdue a comprehensive home win.

I'm going for 4-1 to us.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: May 05, 2017 03:16:04 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser). I'd agree with Bobby through the middle and Lallana and Couts on the wings. Gini-Can-Lucas through the middle works for me. Just go get it done, we have to have 3 points.

It's striking how much of a difference having Lallana on the park makes for us in this system, even without him scoring much.

I've got a funny feeling we might give them a real drubbing, they have absolutely sod all to play for in this game and we are well overdue a comprehensive home win.

I'm going for 4-1 to us.

Oh please make this man's wish a reality! It would be so nice to make it through 90 minutes without reaching for the antacid tablets.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: May 05, 2017 06:04:58 pm

A spawny 1-0 will do.

With three games left surely on his money that he is pocketing Sturridge can do something to get us over the line into the Champions League ...even if he were to play   3 x 45 mins in those games.

If he were to get a goal or two  then we could say it was all money well spent .   

Surely out of his professional pride it is what he would want to do .......... or is it ?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #15: May 05, 2017 06:07:34 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser).

Let's hope it's not until after 80 minutes.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: May 05, 2017 06:12:20 pm
      Must win game.  I would settle for a scrappy 1-0, but hopefully can relax with a blisterring display of attacking football with and a 6-0 score line.

;D :aaliverpoolwz0:

It would help if its a Goal Difference  split between 3rd and 4th .   Us and City.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17: May 05, 2017 07:36:37 pm
      Im going to nervous at heck watching this, Even if we go 3 up at half time it'll take me until the 80th minute to relax 😬.
      That said we're due a win against these buggers, and I'm confident we'll get it. 2-1 Reds. I'm only giving them a goal because there bound to have at least one shot on target 😁
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #18: May 05, 2017 08:44:00 pm
      This is just gona be another of those ' Who knows ?  ' games simply because none of our players can be trusted to perform at an adequate standard consistently .
      1-0
      2-3
      3-1
      0-2
      1-1
      Who the f**k knows.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #19: May 05, 2017 09:33:56 pm
      I've liked Southampton's style of play this season, nice pass n move stuff, some quality players in that squad.
      The Italian player Gabiadini they bought up front in January(I think) has scored some great goals and is a right f**kin pain in the ass in the box if you give him space.
      but then again we have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana,Origi, Sturridge...surely to god you'd think we can get the 3 points we need with that lot in the team...
      We need goals on Sunday..as many as we can get..
      and no f**kin about at the back (easier said than done ;D)

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #20: May 06, 2017 12:10:04 am
      This one will have goals. We have dried up recently. Be good to see Lallana, Cou, Fimino and Studge on the pitch at the same time.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #21: May 06, 2017 07:08:27 am
      Looking forward to this tomorrow , special occasion for me as I'm taking my grandson to his first game hopefully he will love it as I have and become a lifelong red ,also I will have my nephew with me and I've been taking him since he was six , and in all the games he's been too we've only lost once he's fifteen now and a proper red he's taken some sh*t in school but stood by his beloved reds , really has been my lucky charm here's to a good day Tomorrow  COYR .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: May 06, 2017 08:35:23 am
      Looking forward to this tomorrow , special occasion for me as I'm taking my grandson to his first game hopefully he will love it as I have and become a lifelong red ,also I will have my nephew with me and I've been taking him since he was six , and in all the games he's been too we've only lost once he's fifteen now and a proper red he's taken some sh*t in school but stood by his beloved reds , really has been my lucky charm here's to a good day Tomorrow  COYR .

It's good to see you are bringing the kids up the right way andy,I hope they enjoy seeing us beat Southampton.

Quick Reply