Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30

Read 6760 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30
      May 04, 2017 08:56:58 am
      Puel has certainly done a number on us in the last few encounters but hopefully the fact that they have nothing to play for might make breaking down their stubborn defence a bit easier for us.
      We are not playing the brilliant all out attack from early in the season and Im sure that is down to the lack of Mane and the players just seem a bit leggy at this stage of the season, Klopp can see it and is taking a more pragmatic approach to games.

As we are at home there is not need to play two defensive Mids and seeing as though Origi has been a bit meh recently I would be tempted to start with Sturridge and see if we can get 45mins out of him.

A spawny 1-0 will do.

NB: Team no longer available
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre Match : Liverpool v Southampton : Sunday 7th May 13.30
      Reply #1: May 04, 2017 09:10:15 am
      Win by 1,2,3,4 it doesn't matter as long as we win,just got to concentrate on these last 3 matches and we are in the champions league next season.A win will make the Kenny Dalglish stand all the more special. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: May 04, 2017 03:49:45 pm
      Puel has certainly done a number on us in the last few encounters but hopefully the fact that they have nothing to play for might make breaking down their stubborn defence a bit easier for us.
      We are not playing the brilliant all out attack from early in the season and Im sure that is down to the lack of Mane and the players just seem a bit leggy at this stage of the season, Klopp can see it and is taking a more pragmatic approach to games.

As we are at home there is not need to play two defensive Mids and seeing as though Origi has been a bit meh recently I would be tempted to start with Sturridge and see if we can get 45mins out of him.

A spawny 1-0 will do.

Prefer your idea of Sturridge on from the start, but I'm not betting on it.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2017 06:50:04 pm
      southampton has been a thorn of late and after our win at watford could be a huge banana peel

klopp has to get it right in terms of team selection, tactics and more importantly get our lads fired up!

lets do this boys, bring CL nights back to anfield!!!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: May 04, 2017 07:08:41 pm
      3 games against this lot and we haven't even scored. We owe them one for sure.

I'd be getting Sturridge in up top for Origi and starting Lallana in place of Lucas. Hopefully Coutinho is fit.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #5: May 04, 2017 07:19:53 pm
      Most of our problems have come from people playing in positions unfamiliar and thats why I would keep Lucas in as I still think hes the best anchor in midfield
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: May 04, 2017 07:47:52 pm
      Forget the top 4 places for a moment. We owe these boring cu*ts a smashing.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #7: May 05, 2017 12:27:51 am
      I like Southampton. Even if they had something to play for I doubt they would come here and put bodies behind the ball like most teams do, it's just not in their nature. They'll come here looking to play and to win the game but that makes them a big threat, they're a very good side with very good players. It should make it a good game because we are at our best when teams attack us so I'm really looking forward to this.

We've picked up some crucial points recently in some very difficult fixtures so Jürgen and the lads deserve huge credit. We aren't quite over the line yet though. This is another must win game and then we can relax and watch Arsenal United which will hopefully be a draw. That would be the perfect day. So go all out boys and attack Southampton from the first whistle.

Is coutinho fit? If so then the only change I would make is Lucas out and Lallana in. Lucas has done a brilliant job in recent weeks but I'd like to see us go a bit more attacking at home. We are a different side with Lallana in it, he makes us tick. 

So back five of migs clyne lovren matip Milner.

Midfield three of can wijnaldum Lallana. Can stays in rather than Lucas simply because of his worldie goal the other night. Hopefully it'll give him a confidence boost.

Front three of coutinho firmino origi.  I'd like to see firmino in the 9 role though because he is wasted on the flank, he just doesn't get involved. He causes all kinds of havoc whenever he plays down the middle though so get him back into that position.  Origi has offered little during his run in the team so it makes sense to swap them over. I trust origi to do a solid job down that right hand side for us. He would also win every aerial dual against Bertrand.

Come on reds. Win this and we are basically there.

DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #8: May 05, 2017 04:17:44 am
      soooo if we somehow pick up van dijk and bertrand this transfer window.  does that make southampton our feeder club?  :lmao:
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #9: May 05, 2017 01:11:07 pm
      I would drop Origi for Lallana, move Bobby to the middle and have Lallana right and Coutinho left. Mid 3 stays the same.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #10: May 05, 2017 01:17:41 pm
      Must win game.  I would settle for a scrappy 1-0, but hopefully can relax with a blisterring display of attacking football with and a 6-0 score line.

;D :aaliverpoolwz0:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: May 05, 2017 01:44:27 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser). I'd agree with Bobby through the middle and Lallana and Couts on the wings. Gini-Can-Lucas through the middle works for me. Just go get it done, we have to have 3 points.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #12: May 05, 2017 02:04:19 pm
      I've got a funny feeling we might give them a real drubbing, they have absolutely sod all to play for in this game and we are well overdue a comprehensive home win.

I'm going for 4-1 to us.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: May 05, 2017 03:16:04 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser). I'd agree with Bobby through the middle and Lallana and Couts on the wings. Gini-Can-Lucas through the middle works for me. Just go get it done, we have to have 3 points.

It's striking how much of a difference having Lallana on the park makes for us in this system, even without him scoring much.

I've got a funny feeling we might give them a real drubbing, they have absolutely sod all to play for in this game and we are well overdue a comprehensive home win.

I'm going for 4-1 to us.

Oh please make this man's wish a reality! It would be so nice to make it through 90 minutes without reaching for the antacid tablets.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14: May 05, 2017 06:04:58 pm

A spawny 1-0 will do.

With three games left surely on his money that he is pocketing Sturridge can do something to get us over the line into the Champions League ...even if he were to play   3 x 45 mins in those games.

If he were to get a goal or two  then we could say it was all money well spent .   

Surely out of his professional pride it is what he would want to do .......... or is it ?
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #15: May 05, 2017 06:07:34 pm
      Think Sturridge stays on the bench to be a game changing sub (according to what Klopp has said in his presser).

Let's hope it's not until after 80 minutes.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: May 05, 2017 06:12:20 pm
      Must win game.  I would settle for a scrappy 1-0, but hopefully can relax with a blisterring display of attacking football with and a 6-0 score line.

;D :aaliverpoolwz0:

It would help if its a Goal Difference  split between 3rd and 4th .   Us and City.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17: May 05, 2017 07:36:37 pm
      Im going to nervous at heck watching this, Even if we go 3 up at half time it'll take me until the 80th minute to relax 😬.
      That said we're due a win against these buggers, and I'm confident we'll get it. 2-1 Reds. I'm only giving them a goal because there bound to have at least one shot on target 😁
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #18: May 05, 2017 08:44:00 pm
      This is just gona be another of those ' Who knows ?  ' games simply because none of our players can be trusted to perform at an adequate standard consistently .
      1-0
      2-3
      3-1
      0-2
      1-1
      Who the f**k knows.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #19: May 05, 2017 09:33:56 pm
      I've liked Southampton's style of play this season, nice pass n move stuff, some quality players in that squad.
      The Italian player Gabiadini they bought up front in January(I think) has scored some great goals and is a right f**kin pain in the ass in the box if you give him space.
      but then again we have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana,Origi, Sturridge...surely to god you'd think we can get the 3 points we need with that lot in the team...
      We need goals on Sunday..as many as we can get..
      and no f**kin about at the back (easier said than done ;D)

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #20: May 06, 2017 12:10:04 am
      This one will have goals. We have dried up recently. Be good to see Lallana, Cou, Fimino and Studge on the pitch at the same time.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #21: May 06, 2017 07:08:27 am
      Looking forward to this tomorrow , special occasion for me as I'm taking my grandson to his first game hopefully he will love it as I have and become a lifelong red ,also I will have my nephew with me and I've been taking him since he was six , and in all the games he's been too we've only lost once he's fifteen now and a proper red he's taken some sh*t in school but stood by his beloved reds , really has been my lucky charm here's to a good day Tomorrow  COYR .
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: May 06, 2017 08:35:23 am
      Looking forward to this tomorrow , special occasion for me as I'm taking my grandson to his first game hopefully he will love it as I have and become a lifelong red ,also I will have my nephew with me and I've been taking him since he was six , and in all the games he's been too we've only lost once he's fifteen now and a proper red he's taken some sh*t in school but stood by his beloved reds , really has been my lucky charm here's to a good day Tomorrow  COYR .

It's good to see you are bringing the kids up the right way andy,I hope they enjoy seeing us beat Southampton.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #23: May 06, 2017 09:12:00 am
      I always thought this was our toughest game of the run in, (last 6)
      If we can win this, I think we'll win them all.
      Saints seem to raise their game against us, but I'm thinking we have clearly got the better side man for man. A few goals in this, and i'm going for a nervy 3:2 to the Red Men.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #24: May 06, 2017 09:32:13 am
      Bobby Couts  Adam Studge  +  12th man .

2 - 0

Lets do this thing !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #25: May 06, 2017 09:35:44 am
      Bobby Couts  Adam Studge  +  12th man .

2 - 0

Lets do this thing !

It's got to be a win Skip,we cannot afford to have any other result.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #26: May 06, 2017 09:52:29 am
      I've liked Southampton's style of play this season, nice pass n move stuff, some quality players in that squad.
      The Italian player Gabiadini they bought up front in January(I think) has scored some great goals and is a right f**kin pain in the ass in the box if you give him space.
      but then again we have Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana,Origi, Sturridge...surely to god you'd think we can get the 3 points we need with that lot in the team...
      We need goals on Sunday..as many as we can get..
      and no f**kin about at the back (easier said than done ;D)

So, when are we moving him (Gabiadini) from Liverpool reserves (at Southampton) to Liverpool A at Anfield? ;)
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #27: May 06, 2017 12:06:42 pm
      That's the spirit fella,nothing like introducing the kids to our fantastic club at an early age & as for your nephew I'm sure he will be the one having the last  laugh come the end of the season.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: May 06, 2017 12:08:29 pm
      I would drop Origi for Lallana, move Bobby to the middle and have Lallana right and Coutinho left. Mid 3 stays the same.

Could be but I would go Sturridge,Lallana, Coutinho,Can,Winnie,Lucas. But I doubt Klopp would agree with me.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #29: May 06, 2017 12:15:15 pm
      I expect Soton to attack us, a nothing game for them so they might as well attack. If they score early, then they will sit deep.
      Could be a lively first 20 minutes. Must win game obviously and could be the weekend that really puts us in the frame so no slip ups.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #30: May 06, 2017 12:18:13 pm
      Southampton will set deep and try to hit us on the break, so the team and crowd need to be patient
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #31: May 06, 2017 12:20:56 pm
      Sturridge and Lallana for Origi and Lucas and we are set!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: May 06, 2017 12:22:21 pm
      Mourinho says he will rest players for the Arsenal game. Is he damaging the integrity of the league. I'd rather finish above the mancs both clubs going flat out than Jose chucking the towel in. The Europa is not a certainty for them and he could end up back in the Thursday League next season.

We are not safe yet and we are capable of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #33: May 06, 2017 12:23:59 pm
      Southampton will set deep and try to hit us on the break, so the team and crowd need to be patient

I think they will start on the front foot as they are safe. Not much to lose so I think they will have a go. Could be to our advantage.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #34: May 06, 2017 12:24:19 pm
      Boy but we don't half owe these a good pasting: what better time than now?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #35: May 06, 2017 12:28:55 pm
      Boy but we don't half owe these a good pasting: what better time than now?

To right we do. The " ale 'ouse " team need to be smacked in the gob. Couple of crates of Guinness in their changing room should do the trick.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #36: May 06, 2017 02:37:40 pm
      The last thing we needed was Man City putting 5 past Palace. :roll:
      Wouldn't surprise me if Fat Sam took a back hander to roll over and die there today.. :f_tongueincheek: Fat tw*t!

Our boys need to get their shooting boots on and make it count tomorrow.. big time !
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #37: May 06, 2017 07:58:13 pm
      Another big game, anyhow gone for a 2  0 win for the Reds, in the Prediction League. 
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #38: May 06, 2017 10:05:00 pm
      Lallana in for Lucas. 3-0 the score.

Origi, Coutinho and Sturridge
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #39: May 06, 2017 10:06:07 pm
      coyr

just win

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #40: May 06, 2017 10:29:54 pm
      The last thing we needed was Man City putting 5 past Palace. :roll:
      Wouldn't surprise me if Fat Sam took a back hander to roll over and die there today.. :f_tongueincheek: Fat T**t!

Our boys need to get their shooting boots on and make it count tomorrow.. big time !

Money aside, it really doesn't make much difference whether we finish 3rd or 4th, either way we have to qualify for the Champions League, and to be honest, I'd rather us limp over the line so there can be no papering over the cracks so FSG know full well that we need major surgery this Summer.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #41: May 06, 2017 10:52:53 pm
      We could do with a nice few goals in the bag tomorrow with City scoring for fun today, we need to get that goal difference back up, never easy against Southampton, but hopefully we've got enough left in the tank to paste these.

Short and sweet as I've got a very early start in the morning ( I hate lunchtime kick offs  :roll: ) but let's get behind the boys tomorrow and send a message to the rest that we're still in business....come on you mighty redmen  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #42: May 06, 2017 11:37:28 pm
      Money aside, it really doesn't make much difference whether we finish 3rd or 4th, either way we have to qualify for the Champions League, and to be honest, I'd rather us limp over the line so there can be no papering over the cracks so FSG know full well that we need major surgery this Summer.

3rd would be preferable as you go straight to the group stage
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #43: May 06, 2017 11:53:01 pm

There's a huge difference between 3rd and 4th. Finishing 4th means we could end up with a potentially tough playoff tie and it also has a big effect on our pre-season schedule too.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #44: May 07, 2017 12:02:40 am
      There's a huge difference between 3rd and 4th. Finishing 4th means we could end up with a potentially tough playoff tie and it also has a big effect on our pre-season schedule too.

Aye 4th could potentially mean a Napoli or Sevilla as our coefficient is so poor.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: May 07, 2017 12:53:51 am
      Get an early goal lads and see whatever game plan they have, thrown out the window. Come on You Reds!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #46: May 07, 2017 02:45:35 am
      We could do with a nice few goals in the bag tomorrow with City scoring for fun today, we need to get that goal difference back up, never easy against Southampton, but hopefully we've got enough left in the tank to paste these.

Short and sweet as I've got a very early start in the morning ( I hate lunchtime kick offs  :roll: ) but let's get behind the boys tomorrow and send a message to the rest that we're still in business....come on you mighty redmen  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Lunchtime KO works great for me, 10pm game here in South Aussie :D

3-0. Statement back at City and more importantly manure.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #47: May 07, 2017 09:57:29 am
      All this talk of Southampton have nothing to play for crap,do you honestly think as a professional football club their management team and players would train and prepare all week ,then fly up for todays game and let themselves down in front of millions watching on tv ,and more importantly their own paying fans who will travelling up .There is no doubt about it the pressure is on us because we have something to play for and to prove not only to our fans ,but the watching audience our recent home results are in the past a win is needed today nothing else.I  for one would not be happy if the situation was reversed and travelled down to Southampton to witness a nothing to play for attitude game!We will have to be at our best today to win these 3 points and keep this in our own hands,imagine if our players had this attitude that Southampton players had nothing to play for we would be beat before a ball was kicked ,honestly some of you have on here just dont see the real picture ,yet would be first on here if we got beat today moaning about how good Southamptons approach was and our lads under estimated Southampton
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #48: May 07, 2017 10:24:29 am
      Nervous
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #49: May 07, 2017 10:30:49 am
      If we lose i am blaming jeremy corbyn
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #50: May 07, 2017 10:39:46 am
      All this talk of Southampton have nothing to play for crap,do you honestly think as a professional football club their management team and players would train and prepare all week ,then fly up for todays game and let themselves down in front of millions watching on tv ,and more importantly their own paying fans who will travelling up .There is no doubt about it the pressure is on us because we have something to play for and to prove not only to our fans ,but the watching audience our recent home results are in the past a win is needed today nothing else.I  for one would not be happy if the situation was reversed and travelled down to Southampton to witness a nothing to play for attitude game!We will have to be at our best today to win these 3 points and keep this in our own hands,imagine if our players had this attitude that Southampton players had nothing to play for we would be beat before a ball was kicked ,honestly some of you have on here just dont see the real picture ,yet would be first on here if we got beat today moaning about how good Southamptons approach was and our lads under estimated Southampton

Bang on this. They'll perhaps not be NEEDING to win as much as us, but they'll be WANTING to win as much.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #51: May 07, 2017 10:41:41 am
      Does make our scouting a bit easier, when the club brings our targets to us.😎
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #52: May 07, 2017 10:59:52 am
      Does make our scouting a bit easier, when the club brings our targets to us.😎

It's like the NFL Combine, LFC edition 😎
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #53: May 07, 2017 11:00:34 am
      Southampton, always a dangerous side, to my mind. Need to defend well, score a couple of goals, to take all three points.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: May 07, 2017 11:18:06 am
      Mourinho says he will rest players for the Arsenal game. Is he damaging the integrity of the league. I'd rather finish above the mancs both clubs going flat out than Jose chucking the towel in. The Europa is not a certainty for them and he could end up back in the Thursday League next season.

We are not safe yet and we are capable of snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory.

His protege played the same game a couple of years ago with a "depleted" side.
      The names Real Madrid and Chelsea jog any memories?
      That was a glorious f**k up.

We can of course all hope but Mind Game Mourinho is basically saying to everyone .. including us .. that if he loses to the Arse its down to the 800 minutes of football in April. If he wins he is a genius at rotation.

Like I've said already .
      It shouldn't have come to this ... worrying about others results.
      The games we have dropped points on to the bus parkers  would have otherwise had us up there ... not giving a monkey's about the Scum.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #55: May 07, 2017 11:29:24 am

I said Soton have nothing to play for and it's a phrase often used at this stage of the season. It does not actually mean they will just not bother and it will be an easy win. The phrase is used as an indication of their mindset in that they will play with a little bit more freedom. Little less pressure than say a side that needs the points to stay up.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #56: May 07, 2017 11:53:45 am
      What's this sh*te about there being a Corbyn banner being shown before kick off?
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #57: May 07, 2017 12:00:57 pm
      What's this sh*te about there being a Corbyn banner being shown before kick off?

BBC with a don't vote for this guy banner.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #58: May 07, 2017 12:17:40 pm
      Like everyone has been saying... if Liverpool can't get themselves up for this then we don't deserve the champions league.

That's the simple truth.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #59: May 07, 2017 12:18:04 pm
      His protege played the same game a couple of years ago with a "depleted" side.
      The names Real Madrid and Chelsea jog any memories?
      That was a glorious f**k up.

We can of course all hope but Mind Game Mourinho is basically saying to everyone .. including us .. that if he loses to the Arse its down to the 800 minutes of football in April. If he wins he is a genius at rotation.

Like I've said already .
      It shouldn't have come to this ... worrying about others results.
      The games we have dropped points on to the bus parkers  would have otherwise had us up there ... not giving a monkey's about the Scum.

This could, obviously be a sly Jose trick, trying to condition Arsenal. Wenger probably won't buy it. A win for Arsenal and we get done by a ref inspired penalty defeat and It's all back in the melting pot.

The timing of the games helps them. We get beat and both teams will be motivated even more.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #60: May 07, 2017 12:24:41 pm
      Just cause these have nothing to play for, don't think it means this will be any way easy. The feeder club could easily bite the hand that feeds. They've done us already this season, and relatively comfortably too. Fair enough it was in our 'bad patch', but still, some teams just know how to cause us problems and then be fooking sh*te against everyone else (stand up Crystal Phallus). Beautiful day here, not sure will be able to stay in and watch the match due to 'family commitments', but will be checking the scores and if Nathan Redmond gets on the sheet will be pretty pissed we didn't keep him quiet. Haven't seen any prematch, so hoping Cou starts and would also start Studge instead of Origi, but doubt that'll happen. Another cracker from Emre would go down well at the Kop end.
      Season is running out of steam, so get at them from the start and get the 3 points lads please :)  COYRs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply