Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)

Read 82820 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Mohamed Salah (AS Roma)
      Reply #23: May 10, 2017 01:06:38 pm
      “Liverpool had wanted me for a number of months. They had opened talks in October 2013,” Salah explained in 2016.

“Negotiations took a long time, because Basel rejected more than one offer. They felt the transfer fee was not that high.

“I was waiting for Liverpool because I really like Liverpool. I was eager to join them. But then I received a phone call from Mourinho and that changed everything.”

If the club doesn't offer enough money to the selling club, there's nothing the player can do.

Not to have a go at Rodgers, but where was his phone call? Where was it to Willian? Where was it to Kroos? :p
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #24: May 10, 2017 01:46:14 pm
      Not to have a go at Rodgers, but where was his phone call? Where was it to Willian? Where was it to Kroos? :p

Gerrard must have been busy on those occasions  :D

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #25: May 10, 2017 07:56:06 pm

Weird. Why did you say "not to have a go" then go on to have a snide dig?  😁

Rodgers was hamstrung, at every turn, by FSG policy and it's also very well documented that, when a player was identified: Ayre did ALL the 'contract' negotiations.

The sooner people accept the truth, the better.

That's why we always ended up with second, third or fourth choice and sadly that's why so many now believe finishing 4th is an achievement.

Hopefully all that [moving from primary target to 'leftovers', without a hint of shame or embarrassment] will change this summer under Jürgen. We'll see. 🤞
      « Last Edit: May 10, 2017 08:36:34 pm by bad boy bubby »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #26: May 10, 2017 10:12:53 pm
      This one makes a lot of sense to me.  He has bags of pace, is a natural wide player, and has good productivity (goals/assists).  Seems to tick all the boxes in my opinion. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #27: May 10, 2017 10:44:42 pm
      This one makes a lot of sense to me.  He has bags of pace, is a natural wide player, and has good productivity (goals/assists).  Seems to tick all the boxes in my opinion. 

Agree, I'd have no issues with him. And truth be told, he might even be a better option than Brandt.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: May 13, 2017 09:33:38 am
      For me he will always just be on the brink of being quality but never quite make it. I'd have him before Oxlade-Chamberlain but that's not much of a recommendation to be fair.

Like Oxlade-Chamberlain, I can't see him being signed as a starter so I hope, against hope maybe, that Jürgen concentrates on getting starters in before even contemplating signing fillers.

Not for me. 😕
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #29: May 19, 2017 09:15:29 pm
      If we can get him for a cheap price and it seems that he has good abilities and stats, why not?

For sure, we need better players in the starting 11 but we need players on whom we can rely and when  Coutinho or Mane is absent, we suffer too much.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: May 20, 2017 12:02:21 am
      If we can get him for a cheap price and it seems that he has good abilities and stats, why not?

For sure, we need better players in the starting 11 but we need players on whom we can rely and when  Coutinho or Mane is absent, we suffer too much.

He wont go cheap. Haven't seen him play so much as once since he went there but by the sounds of it he is having a big impact there so they will want at least 25mill+
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,693 posts | 892 
      Reply #31: May 24, 2017 09:50:20 pm
      Did he? I thought he wanted to join us but we were f**king about with Basel over the transfer fee for the whole of January and then Chelsea just went in and paid the asking fee and got him?

Haven't watched him play in Serie A at all but 32 goals in the last two seasons is pretty decent.

think that was the russian winger with a difficult name, from Donestk. their owner was pissed. If i remember correctly, salah was offered higher wages at Chelsea. Atleast the media was saying that.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #32: May 25, 2017 12:37:20 pm

He's Egyptian. Is losing both our wingers for two months to the AFC every two years really what we need? Good player, and he would improve us but considerations beyond talent need to be made.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #33: May 25, 2017 06:23:38 pm
      He's Egyptian. Is losing both our wingers for two months to the AFC every two years really what we need? Good player, and he would improve us but considerations beyond talent need to be made.

Good point 5 times. I never really considered that, but how we missed Mane eh !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #34: May 25, 2017 07:42:20 pm

More like 3-4 weeks but, it is something to consider.

Did I read somewhere today that Brandt may be coming to England after all?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6374 
      Reply #35: May 25, 2017 10:51:50 pm
      More like 3-4 weeks but, it is something to consider.

Did I read somewhere today that Brandt may be coming to England after all?

If he comes to England and not here then I guess it's the same old story.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #36: May 30, 2017 02:07:25 pm
      Ain't gonna happen for us 😟
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #37: May 31, 2017 03:39:19 am
      Never paid attention to him once he joined Chelsea. What were the reasons he failed there? Wasn't given the proper chance? Didn't adjust well to the PL?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #38: May 31, 2017 05:40:03 am
      chelsea only bought him because we wanted him - that's how it strongly felt at the time. they played him as much as we thought - never. so he had to move somewhere to rebuild his career. if he's done well enough for us to seriously think he's good then that's great for mine.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #39: May 31, 2017 08:47:58 am
      Never paid attention to him once he joined Chelsea. What were the reasons he failed there? Wasn't given the proper chance? Didn't adjust well to the PL?

He was not good enough for them, did not adjust well and looked pretty poor throughout his time.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #40: May 31, 2017 10:04:59 am
      He was not good enough for them, did not adjust well and looked pretty poor throughout his time.

That was 3+ years ago mate. Look what he is doing *NOW*. He is doing really well.

The only reason he went to Chelsea is because we flaffed about with money and Chelsea swooped in. Chelsea did that just to stop us from getting him.
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2017 10:09:44 am by RobieSlick »
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #41: May 31, 2017 12:58:41 pm
      That was 3+ years ago mate. Look what he is doing *NOW*. He is doing really well.

The only reason he went to Chelsea is because we flaffed about with money and Chelsea swooped in. Chelsea did that just to stop us from getting him.

haha, its laughable when people say 'Chelsea did that just to stop us from getting him'

they did not do that with all the other dross we have purchased - guess this just suits peoples opinions now  :lmao:

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,653 posts | 481 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,909 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #43: Jun 01, 2017 01:22:16 pm
      Salah would be a great signing in my opinion. Not long term but short term to help us really push on to the next level for the upcoming season.

Having him and Mane as wide options can only help benefit the team, also him being African is irrelevant till the Afcon comes along, which is in two years.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #44: Jun 01, 2017 01:32:58 pm
      Figure of around  £30 million being reported  which seems fair in the current market.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #45: Jun 01, 2017 01:43:20 pm
      Would be a great addition, serious pace from both flanks.
      Mouth watering prospect next season.

Quick Reply