Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15

Read 12769 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15
      May 11, 2017 08:15:08 am
      By the time we play this game on Sunday it may well be that anything less than a win against the Hammers will not be enough.
      Give most teams the opportunity of win your last two games and you are guaranteed CL and they will go and do the business however with LFC we are nervous as hell.

Klopp is going to have shake things up because his gamble of shoring up the defence seems to have had a negative effect in our attack and if it wasn't for a couple of worldies we would have come away with nothing from the last few away games.

Nothing to lose now might as well go for broke and start with the big guns.

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Can
      Gini (tempted with starting Grujic)
      Lallana

Firmino
      Coutinho
      Sturridge
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2017 06:12:39 pm by JD »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: PreMatch : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15
      Reply #1: May 11, 2017 08:35:21 am
      We only have one option with this match and it has to be a win.It's time for our REDs to stand up and be counted.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #2: May 11, 2017 09:51:19 am
      We only have one option with this match and it has to be a win.It's time for our REDs to stand up and be counted.
      That's not a character of this team though is it ? Klopp needs to make changes for this game.
      Mignolet
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Can
      Grugic
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Sturridge
      Firminho
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #3: May 11, 2017 09:57:27 am
      Would keep Lucas for this get lallana in for Gini who has been poor lately and is like Chuck Norris away from home. Sturridge a must for Origi
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #4: May 11, 2017 10:00:50 am
      Lucas is sh*t how F**k is still here that reason club be midtable so long get rid of in summer
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: May 11, 2017 10:08:39 am
      That's not a character of this team though is it ? Klopp needs to make changes for this game.
      Mignolet
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Can
      Grugic
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Sturridge
      Firminho

I will let you know my thoughts on the character of the players after we have beaten West Ham and M/Borough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6: May 11, 2017 10:17:37 am
      Mignolet
      TAA
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Can
      Grugic
      Lallana

Coutinho
      Sturridge
      Firminho
      I like that line up other than TAA.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7: May 11, 2017 10:28:09 am
      Must start Sturridge IMO. F**k off with all this bollocks he ain't fit (mind you between now and then he may cut himself shaving and be declared unfit).

West Ham away: they'll be both room and dense space I'd imagine for him to work in. He's been pretty much on the bench for God know's how long and is playing second fiddle to the hapless Origi. Give him 60 minutes if he can't cut the Mustard, and don't worry about any long term damage because the season's practically over. We can sell him to West Ham all plastered up! But until then we need him on the pitch, from the off. Give yourself a fighting chance Jürgen! Don't be stubborn and inflexible because he doesn't run around a lot, or is a bit wet in the challenge. He know's where the goal is and is our only player who carries this genuine threat.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #8: May 11, 2017 10:41:17 am
      Tough game, West Ham beat the Spuds. Seemingly only a win will do. Start with strongest possible side, in what will seem like a real cup final for the Reds.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #9: May 11, 2017 10:57:44 am
      Tough game, West Ham beat the Spuds. Seemingly only a win will do. Start with strongest possible side, in what will seem like a real cup final for the Reds.

Not seemingly.

It's win or bust now.

Arsenal and City will win their remaining games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #10: May 11, 2017 11:00:30 am

Apart from them beating Spurs they are a sh*t team in reality if you look over the season.

If we cant beat West Ham we have no right to be in the CL and in fact I would be worried if we did sneak in due to Stoke doing us a favour.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #11: May 11, 2017 11:29:50 am
      We have to win it and HOPEFULLY the importance of the result will make the lads run through brick walls. Utterly has to change up the starting 11, whether that means Origi on the wing utilising his pace and power, or Studge in the middle, minimum 150% effort from everyone!

Just hope to God (and I'm not religious at all) that this isn't the game that Mignolet decides to return to his previous known form. If he does his wobbly impression, he'd better decide to emigrate QUICK!!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #12: May 11, 2017 11:47:27 am
      Lucas first name on the team sheet. He has played very well the last few weeks and he's the closest thing we've got to a leader/captain in a must win game.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Wijnaldum

Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho

I don't like lallana playing on the flank but I think it's a better option than playing firmino there and having origi in the middle. Origi has done nothing for us and I think it's essential we put Bobby back in the middle.

If it's going tits up then go to a diamond midfield putting Lallana at the top, giving coutinho a free role and firmino playing as a lone striker.

Jürgen, please, if we are chasing the game then please introduce Danny much sooner than what you usually do.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #13: May 11, 2017 11:59:36 am
      Lucas first name on the team sheet. He has played very well the last few weeks and he's the closest thing we've got to a leader/captain in a must win game.

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Wijnaldum

Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho

I don't like lallana playing on the flank but I think it's a better option than playing firmino there and having origi in the middle. Origi has done nothing for us and I think it's essential we put Bobby back in the middle.

If it's going tits up then go to a diamond midfield putting Lallana at the top, giving coutinho a free role and firmino playing as a lone striker.

Jürgen, please, if we are chasing the game then please introduce Danny much sooner than what you usually do.

Find it very odd that people are baying for Lucas to be dropped when he is the only one capable of the anchor role without disrupting Can best position. Would have lallana for Gini though and either move Origi wide or risk Studge
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #14: May 11, 2017 12:03:39 pm
      I'm hoping we play a back-3 as well, to counter theirs and since Clyne offers F**k all going forward, I would be tempted to put TAA as the right wing back and bomb in some crosses with both Origi and Firmino quite decent in the air. I would have Ojo on the bench instead of an ineffective Klavan and offer us a width option

Origi
      Cou Firmino
      Milner Can Gini TAA
      Lovren Matip Clyne
      Mignolet

Subs- Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Grujic, Lallana, Ojo, Studge
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15: May 11, 2017 12:39:05 pm
                        Migs
             Matip.    Lovren

Can.   Lucas         

TAA.         Coutinho.      Moreno     

Lallana.      Sturridge.   Firmino

Who needs full backs or a defence, attack attack attack                     

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16: May 11, 2017 12:48:43 pm

Mignolet

Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Lucas
      Can
      Wijnaldum

Lallana
      Firmino
      Coutinho

Pretty much this.

I'd look for TAA to start, his confidence will be sky high after his last performance but I don't see that happening. So failing that I'd go with the above.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #17: May 11, 2017 12:59:43 pm
      must win and must start lallana & sturridge, Origi for the last 20.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #18: May 11, 2017 02:02:19 pm
      Apart from them beating Spurs they are a sh*t team in reality if you look over the season.

If we cant beat West Ham we have no right to be in the CL and in fact I would be worried if we did sneak in due to Stoke doing us a favour.

Do not think that we deserve to be in the Champions League tbh. Simply the team is not good enough. That is my honest opinion.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: May 11, 2017 02:04:22 pm
      Must start Sturridge IMO. F**k off with all this bollocks he ain't fit (mind you between now and then he may cut himself shaving and be declared unfit).
      We can sell him to West Ham all plastered up!
      :lmao:

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #20: May 11, 2017 02:06:41 pm
      Plus obviously a sick note !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: May 11, 2017 02:15:45 pm
      If I were to bet on it, I'd bet on the same starting XI as vs. Southampton.

Not saying I would, but am expecting this from Klopp.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #22: May 11, 2017 03:05:40 pm
      We are going to thump them. The boys  know what's at stake, Klopp knows what's at stake (apparently all of his  summer transfer targets according to James Pearce), they will come up and blow West Ham out, then go on to defeat Middlesborough as well for 4th place.

Quick Reply