Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15

Read 12626 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: PreMatch : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15
      Reply #23: May 11, 2017 03:07:57 pm
      Why do people put Lucas on team he slow and he fouls lot and sh*t
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #24: May 11, 2017 03:26:17 pm

Because you know what you're going to get with Lucas, and we lack credible alternatives right now. Unless you'd prefer to trust the fate of our finishing in the Top 4 to an untested kid in his first season in England who has only just come back from injury? It's a case of the Devil you know, right now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: May 11, 2017 03:45:21 pm
      I think we'll win this, this is our cup final, if we win this then we pile huge pressure on Arsenal and Manure and surely we can beat Middlesborough on the final day when they have sod all to play for.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #26: May 11, 2017 03:54:32 pm
      If I were to bet on it, I'd bet on the same starting XI as vs. Southampton.

Not saying I would, but am expecting this from Klopp.

Which would be so F***ing disappointing if true
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27: May 11, 2017 04:12:52 pm

He's slow. That's the only bit I'll agree on though...
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #28: May 11, 2017 06:51:10 pm
      We are going to thump them. The boys  know what's at stake, Klopp knows what's at stake (apparently all of his  summer transfer targets according to James Pearce), they will come up and blow West Ham out, then go on to defeat Middlesborough as well for 4th place.
      Yeh of course we are. Even though we've been sh*t for 5 months now , the're probably shaking in their boots.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Re: Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15
      Reply #29: May 11, 2017 07:01:10 pm
      In a nervous state about this match, so I'm contemplating all possible results.

This is in the balance, I reckon, and that shows how far off we are (now) from being good enough to achieve our aims.

If we're destined to lose (or draw - I reckon it amounts to the same in this context):
      Jürgen, please, please, please, don't go down with the same old performance we've seen for the last few months, with the same old players in the same old places doing the same old things and not getting very far, unless we nick a goal and defend with our hearts in our mouths, relying on luck more than judgement.  Instead, lets change some names, change some positions, freshen up the system, get our goal scorers in and earning their money, give subs TIME to change the game.  In the words of Dylan Thomas, "Do not go gently into that good night", but "rage, rage against the dying of the light," and fight, fight, fight for our CL lives on the green fields of East London.  If we lose doing that, then we'll be devastated but at least we'll have tried, at least we can say we did everything we possibly could, but it just wasn't our day.  Let us not fade and flicker like an old candle at midnight, and pass away unnoticed into obscurity.  And there's always next season.  Again.

If we're destined to win:
      Then let's win with a bang, not with a whimper.  Let's turn our amps up to 11, hit those power chords hard, and deafen these Hammers with some real "heavy metal football!"  Let's show the League that we are not the nervous, soft-hearted bottlers some of them take us for.  Let's force the words of our enemies down their throats with our pace, our power, our guts and our guile. 

Win, lose or draw, this coming game could be a watershed in our modern history.
      For there may be a day when the eternal torchflame of Anfield Road will flicker and be vanquished. 

But let it be NOT THIS DAY, my friends.

Not.   This.   Day.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #30: May 11, 2017 07:06:53 pm
      Think we'll win , if only because West Ham have done their heroics against spurs and are now safe. If we play just a bit more quickly than we have in recent weeks and take our chances we should win comfortably... I hope..
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: May 11, 2017 07:19:24 pm
      To gain the Glittering Prize of the Champions League  we have just two games to play .

A team that is 12th in the table.
      A team that is 19th and gone gone gone.

It could be much harder but it isn't.
      If we cant beat them ...  how on Earth are we going to play  teams like Juventus ?

Our expectations have been raised because we have seen what this team can do ...when they want to do it.

Klopp has worked miracles using this existing group to get them where he has.

We can't say again ....... there is always next year.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #32: May 11, 2017 07:19:53 pm
      In a nervous state about this match, so I'm contemplating all possible results.

This is in the balance, I reckon, and that shows how far off we are (now) from being good enough to achieve our aims.

If we're destined to lose (or draw - I reckon it amounts to the same in this context):
      Jürgen, please, please, please, don't go down with the same old performance we've seen for the last few months, with the same old players in the same old places doing the same old things and not getting very far, unless we nick a goal and defend with our hearts in our mouths, relying on luck more than judgement.  Instead, lets change some names, change some positions, freshen up the system, get our goal scorers in and earning their money, give subs TIME to change the game.  In the words of Dylan Thomas, "Do not go gently into that good night", but "rage, rage against the dying of the light," and fight, fight, fight for our CL lives on the green fields of East London.  If we lose doing that, then we'll be devastated but at least we'll have tried, at least we can say we did everything we possibly could, but it just wasn't our day.  Let us not fade and flicker like an old candle at midnight, and pass away unnoticed into obscurity.  And there's always next season.  Again.

If we're destined to win:
      Then let's win with a bang, not with a whimper.  Let's turn our amps up to 11, hit those power chords hard, and deafen these Hammers with some real "heavy metal football!"  Let's show the League that we are not the nervous, soft-hearted bottlers some of them take us for.  Let's force the words of our enemies down their throats with our pace, our power, our guts and our guile. 

Win, lose or draw, this coming game could be a watershed in our modern history.
      For there may be a day when the eternal torchflame of Anfield Road will flicker and be vanquished. 

But let it be NOT THIS DAY, my friends.

Not.   This.   Day.
      You're right. There is nothing more frustrating than watching us wimp around playing aimlessly . Jurgens got me really worried because he favours certain players who simply play game after game delivering awful performances.

What we are doing now isn't working , a blind man on a galloping horse could see it but not Jürgen. He's proving to his squad that no matter how poor you play , you'll be starting next game.

Surprise us and the opposition for once Jürgen . This is all on you , nobody else , you.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #33: May 11, 2017 07:22:30 pm
      I put us down for a win in the predictions, but i truly haven't got clue, as to what side Jürgen might put out, how they will perform, or who and when, any subs might get on if it's going pear shaped.

Just know we need to win it. If we fail, and our main competitors get there, they will strengthen again in the summer, and we will be left with the also rans.
      The long slippery slope looms.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #34: May 11, 2017 07:45:08 pm
      If we don't get top four then I won't even care, I'll just laugh! We should win this however but again this team probably share a pair of balls between the lot of them so wouldn't be surprised if we lose/draw!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #35: May 11, 2017 08:01:07 pm
      We'll bladder this lot then get beat against relegated Middlesborough at home on the last day...
      Who Knows.. :roll:

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #36: May 11, 2017 10:10:19 pm
      Bilic won't want to park the bus on the last home game of the season and even if he did the extra width of the Olympic pitch still gives our flair players the extra space to operate.
      Great news for us is that Carroll and Antonio are out.

We will win this.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #37: May 11, 2017 10:11:05 pm
      If I were to bet on it, I'd bet on the same starting XI as vs. Southampton.

Not saying I would, but am expecting this from Klopp.

Yup
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: May 11, 2017 10:32:14 pm
      To gain the Glittering Prize of the Champions League  we have just two games to play .

Our expectations have been raised because we have seen what this team can do ...when they want to do it.

I think the operative words are --- we have seen what this team can do..... when they want to.Sadly at times this season they have not done what they should of done,thrashed those teams in the bottom half of the league.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #39: May 12, 2017 12:16:00 am
                           Mignolet

Milner     Matip     Lovren     Clyne

Lucas

Lallana            Can

Coutinho   Sturridge    Firmino

I reckon we won't swap the fb, but this should have been done a while ago. Milner would offer us threat down the right playingon his natural side and would bring way more quality in the final third.

Lallana back in his best position, with Sturridge through the middle.

No doubt we'll see the same old same old though - which puts our CL hopes on more of a knife edge.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #40: May 12, 2017 06:26:03 am
      Bilic won't want to park the bus on the last home game of the season and even if he did the extra width of the Olympic pitch still gives our flair players the extra space to operate.
      Great news for us is that Carroll and Antonio are out.

We will win this.
      Seems Kouyate and Noble are out too.
      rossyred

• 9,097 posts | 1637 
      Reply #41: May 12, 2017 07:59:49 am
      Seems Kouyate and Noble are out too.

Yeh just seen that both just had surgery. Kouyate I rate like  raw Viera and noble the ratter who is a nuisance  . These are two big players for them can only be to our benefit. COYR getting nervous now
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: May 12, 2017 09:11:37 am
      The task is simple, two games to play, two cup finals, the challenge, to those elected to play, win and you guarantee a starting berth first game of the CL pool match, at manager's discretion,

Jürgen will select those he feels will get the job done, probably.....

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip Lovren Milner, Lucas, Can, Gini, Lallana, Coutinho Firmino,

Me, I'd go with...

Mignolet, TAA, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can, Grujic, Lallana, Coutinho, Firmino Sturridge,

The bubble blowers have already played their cup final by mashing the Spuds and f***in their title challenge, they won't reach those motivational heights against us, they are missing key players so are decidedly weaker,

We're the ones who will want it more, and that little factoid alone tells me we will win....if we don't, well, there's always next year,
      Don't you agree Skip? 😀

0-3 Mighty Redmen, Bobby, Lallana, Sturridge with the Goodies!!!!!

YNWA

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #43: May 12, 2017 09:31:35 am
      Think Sturridge will get a hattrick and then pull his hamstring.
      Mignolet will gift them a goal.
      3-1 to Liverpool.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #44: May 12, 2017 09:36:48 am
      Just seen West Ham topping injury list table with 9.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #45: May 12, 2017 09:58:36 am
      Says a lot about this calendar year so far that all we need to do is beat two bottom half teams to secure a place in the Champions League and a chance to finally sign top choice players again, but yet I have so little faith in them to do it.

I referred to this group as chokers the other day, someone got a bit precious and told me that this bunch of chokers are likely to give us one of our 'top points totals' in the Premier League era... which serves only to highlight how f**king second-best we've become.

They need to win on Sunday, they need to win next week too.

This is largely the same group of players who put together a run of form to nearly get back into the Champions League spaces in 14/15 before rolling over for United and Arsenal in the space of a week. Largely the same group who rolled over for Villa in the FA Cup semi the same year. Largely the same group who lost the League Cup and the Europa League finals last year.

We've seen enough abject capitulations recently, show some f**king balls Liverpool and dig out two wins.

We need to do something, the last few games have been so poor. We need to show some verve and confidence, remember who we are and the sh*te we are playing against.

We need Klopp to show is learning some f**king lessons.

We need Origi not to be sh*t... if he plays.  We need Coutinho to step up when we need him. We need to stop gifting tap in chances to the opposition.

We need two f**king wins.

To surrender Champions League football, to this Arsenal team, from where we were on December 31st would be a genuine disaster and highlights last summers terrible business.

Christ, to surrender Champions League football, to this Arsenal team, based on where both teams on March 31st is even f**king worse!
      « Last Edit: May 12, 2017 10:04:06 am by KS67 »

Quick Reply