Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      90 (76.9%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      24 (20.5%)
      Marko Grujić
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 18, 2017 04:09:34 pm

West Ham United 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30791 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Re: West Ham United 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: May 14, 2017 05:14:59 pm
      Well then, what a F***ing performance and what a F***ing result. The pressure was on and the boys delivered. F***ing get in there reds (or greens).

We bossed that game start to finish. My only criticism is we should had more goals! We rattled the bar twice and we had three or four great opportunities where we should have scored. That result could have been 8 or 9 but look, I'm not complaining, it was about getting the 3 points today which we did. Doing it in the manner and style we did was just an added bonus.  We looked like a champions league side today putting a sh*t mid table premiership side in their F***ing place.

I agree with Carra in what he said during commentary that mignolet had a good game. He's had a solid few months in fairness. He has cut his mistakes right down, started to command his box more, decision making is better and even his distribution is improving. Keep it up Simon.

Back four were superb. They were all calm and composed throughout.

I thought can had a great game today and did a lot of donkey work that mostly goes un noticed.

Wijnaldum was a bit of a passenger again for me today but thankfully Lallana was in there who gives us a lot of energy and legs so it wasn't noticed as much.

Origi looked a lot better with a forward alongside him and I've got to say we looked far more of a threat with Danny in the team. He opened the scoring and was involved in origis goal too. His all round game was very good, lots of movement giving the midfield options all the time.

Coutinho was motm though. I say it every week that he's wasted on the left and I was delighted to see him in the middle today. That's what he's capable of. He's our best player so we need to play him in his strongest position and then build the team around him. I hope he continues in that position from now on and we bring somebody in to play on the left in the summer.

Get in reds, very proud of you today. Jürgen got the team and tactics spot on and the boys F***ing delivered when it mattered most.

Now finish the job and tw*t boro. Get in reds! Get in.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,699 posts | 565 
      Reply #461: May 14, 2017 05:17:43 pm
      Very surprised - we did something we should have done - and we did it well under pressure
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #462: May 14, 2017 05:23:45 pm
      Well, we've had worse days! 😀 Best performance I've watched in ages. Coutinho was brilliant, Barca fans are going to love him.  :f_tongueincheek:  :-[
      Sturridge showed his class today, shot when it was on, passed when it wasn't. Origi worked very hard to be involved, as did Can and Lallana.
      It's a long time since I've enjoyed a game as much as that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #463: May 14, 2017 05:49:15 pm
      Perfect response to Arsenals run.

Finish the job next week and we can look forward to a positive season next year.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #464: May 14, 2017 06:16:01 pm
      Massive win, I said in the pre-match, do we have balls? Yes, we had for this one. Same next week and we're good!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,505 posts | 709 
      Reply #465: May 14, 2017 06:22:24 pm
      boy was i wrong about sturridge ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #466: May 14, 2017 06:23:05 pm
      What a shame -- the doom merchants won't have anything to post about for a few days....

Great performance and result!!  Coutinho is more suited to a central midfield role than a wide attacking role, although he's good anywhere he plays.  Studge showed that some things are just instinct and cannot be taught.  Roll past Boro and were back in the CL for next season!!

Thing is harry, the doom merchants as you call them, have had little to chear about with our performances being well below par of late.
      Today was the complete opposite. The sort of performance re effort and passion that we should get every week. Not just the win, or the goals, that's the icing on the cake.
      It's good to see we've returned to the sort of form we had consistently until Xmas. Been a long time coming, and the so called doom merchants have a right to be dissatisfied with performances which lack effort.
      Today was exceptional all over the park and deserves the plaudits but that's not always the case.
      Hopefully the poor games are behind us and we can look forward to great things with a few new players.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #467: May 14, 2017 06:27:34 pm
      I missed the first half so will reserve my motm until I see highlights tonight.
      Thinking between Couts and Studge at the mo.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #468: May 14, 2017 06:35:47 pm
      Just seen the stats, 23 shots, 11 on target.
      Back to start of the season form 😁
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #469: May 14, 2017 06:40:31 pm
      well that was good,nice an easy no stress,goals,very happy.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #470: May 14, 2017 06:54:59 pm
      4th straight win away from home... can we ask Boro to switch the game to be an away game?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #471: May 14, 2017 06:58:33 pm
      What a shame -- the doom merchants won't have anything to post about for a few days....

Great performance and result!!  Coutinho is more suited to a central midfield role than a wide attacking role, although he's good anywhere he plays.  Studge showed that some things are just instinct and cannot be taught.  Roll past Boro and were back in the CL for next season!!

They always find a way.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #472: May 14, 2017 07:02:17 pm
      Thing is harry, the doom merchants as you call them, have had little to chear about with our performances being well below par of late.
      Today was the complete opposite. The sort of performance re effort and passion that we should get every week. Not just the win, or the goals, that's the icing on the cake.
      It's good to see we've returned to the sort of form we had consistently until Xmas. Been a long time coming, and the so called doom merchants have a right to be dissatisfied with performances which lack effort.
      Today was exceptional all over the park and deserves the plaudits but that's not always the case.
      Hopefully the poor games are behind us and we can look forward to great things with a few new players.

We have been incredibly unlucky with injuries since December which completely disrupted our early season form.

Imagine if we went the full season with Mane, Hendo, Stu, Lallana Can, Lovren and Matip all fit? We would have had top 4 wrapped up weeks ago and likely be challenging for the title.

It was a combination of poor fortune and lack of squad depth that made top 4 such a dog fight for us.

Here's hoping squad depth won't be an issue next season at least.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #473: May 14, 2017 07:04:54 pm
      What a difference a striker makes.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,270 posts | 761 
      Reply #474: May 14, 2017 07:23:52 pm
      I went for a 1  1 draw in the Prediction League. Have been getting my predictions all wrong lately, sliding down the table. Although much more importantly 3 points for the Reds, and a step nearer Champions' League football, next season.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #475: May 14, 2017 07:45:26 pm
      I went for a 1  1 draw in the Prediction League. Have been getting my predictions all wrong lately, sliding down the table. Although much more importantly 3 points for the Reds, and a step nearer Champions' League football, next season.

In that case, please continue predicting!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #476: May 14, 2017 08:09:06 pm
      What a difference a striker makes.

Always said that we needed a striker in this team.
      As good as Firmino can be, a striker brings much more to the team. I prefer Origi in a good day that Firmino there.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 911 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #477: May 14, 2017 08:09:14 pm
      Played well today, had a bit of luck but how better were we with Two strikers
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,167 posts | 6343 
      Reply #478: May 14, 2017 08:25:26 pm
      Haven't got a chance to see the game, but sooooooo happy about he result. Just what we needed. Now go do the same to a Boro and see what happens. Maybe 3rd?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #479: May 14, 2017 08:43:05 pm
      To me, having Sturridge so active with his running and making attempts on goal in the early going, made a ig difference today. In previous matches, we were far too prone to dinking the ball around the perimeter and never really trying anything, which of course doesn't get us anything. Daniel understands that not every effort on goal comes to anything, but if you don't try, nothing happens. He made a very intelligent run off the ball for the goal and of course credit to Phil for seeing it. We got some luck from Ayew (fine with me, we definitely have been on the wrong side of luck this season) and when they stepped out a bit in the 2nd half, showed some real quality.

This might change a lot of thinking about building next year's squad but, for now, we'll just focus on 3 points next Sunday.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #480: May 14, 2017 08:44:24 pm
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #481: May 14, 2017 08:47:46 pm
      I went for a 2-0 win for us so I am delighted the lads got 4 and ruined my prediction.Well done the REDS ,same again next week please. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2017 11:18:59 pm by Billy1 »
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #482: May 14, 2017 08:58:38 pm
      Wow! Phew! Cor! Sake! 

Don't not what to say after that, but I am one relieved and happy red!

Like somebody said - what a difference a (brilliant, fit, intelligent) striker makes.

Daniel Sturridge, Phil Coutinho - you aren't going anywhere.  Please.

Quick Reply