Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Podcasting: The Thread

Read 3720 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Podcasting: The Thread
      May 19, 2017 12:02:12 pm
      There could be a thread here for this, so merge if needed - otherwise, we have one now :D

So I dabble in podcasting with a couple mates. 'SportsGasmic' is the name if you wanna look it up! We talk sports all over the world, often US but always touch on Liverpool and England, as well as other footy topics.

Anyway, besides the point - a tech question. I'm not much of a tech head beyond just knowing how to plug something in and make it work, so I set up my mic, mixer, laptop and all to the point where I can skype with my mates in America and record it through for a pretty solid sounding pod - audio is always pretty crisp which I'm happy with. APART from this random scratchy distortion that occasionally pops up at random points in the pod. I wonder if it's my phone interfering, or if it's something else I'm missing? Cheap cables? Anyone with any experience, thoughts are welcome :D

And hey, if anyone else does this it would be a great thing to chat about the biz a bit! Certainly amateur status for me, it's just purely a hobby for me at this point. But it's great fun, and a great way for me to sooth the itch I have to write and chat sports but not having the professional outlet to do it :D

EDIT: This could be more appropriate for the Media & Entertainment board, but then it's also a tech discussion at times. I dunno - I'll let the staff figure that out :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Podcasting: The Thread
      Reply #1: May 19, 2017 09:22:38 pm
      There could be a thread here for this, so merge if needed - otherwise, we have one now :D

So I dabble in podcasting with a couple mates. 'SportsGasmic' is the name if you wanna look it up! We talk sports all over the world, often US but always touch on Liverpool and England, as well as other footy topics.

Anyway, besides the point - a tech question. I'm not much of a tech head beyond just knowing how to plug something in and make it work, so I set up my mic, mixer, laptop and all to the point where I can skype with my mates in America and record it through for a pretty solid sounding pod - audio is always pretty crisp which I'm happy with. APART from this random scratchy distortion that occasionally pops up at random points in the pod. I wonder if it's my phone interfering, or if it's something else I'm missing? Cheap cables? Anyone with any experience, thoughts are welcome :D

And hey, if anyone else does this it would be a great thing to chat about the biz a bit! Certainly amateur status for me, it's just purely a hobby for me at this point. But it's great fun, and a great way for me to sooth the itch I have to write and chat sports but not having the professional outlet to do it :D

EDIT: This could be more appropriate for the Media & Entertainment board, but then it's also a tech discussion at times. I dunno - I'll let the staff figure that out :D

You tried checking the audio to make sure there is no clipping?

We did two podcasts and I found that with the difference between voice levels,
      mine being lower, sometimes the higher voice clipped at the top if the level weren't right.

Quick Reply