Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v M'boro?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.9%)
      Emre Can
      7 (6.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      48 (43.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (4.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      40 (36%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (5.4%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: May 25, 2017 04:57:09 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Middlesbrough: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25110 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3408 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Middlesbrough: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: May 21, 2017 06:19:24 pm
      We are on the lash with Jürgen's army !
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #369: May 21, 2017 06:24:03 pm
      That shirt looked super classy today. Classiest shirt I've seen in a long long time.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #370: May 21, 2017 06:24:57 pm

:roll:

:lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #371: May 21, 2017 06:25:23 pm
      Brilliant result :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #372: May 21, 2017 06:27:02 pm
      That shirt looked super classy today. Classiest shirt I've seen in a long long time.

Agreed, love it.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #373: May 21, 2017 06:28:43 pm
      Got a cold, was feeling like sh*t the whole game, but well, that win is the first step towards feeling better!

What a goal from Gini, after that the whole team relaxed and just played their game.

Champions League. It's the only competition I've never seen LFC play in the stadium - can't wait for next season already!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #374: May 21, 2017 06:33:42 pm

For the first time in a while, we've actually got a shirt that I want to buy, rather than buying it just to have it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #375: May 21, 2017 06:35:39 pm
      Last game of the season, first game I've missed all season, typical. I assume once we scored the first it was easy. Great way to go out.
      Roll on next season🏆
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #376: May 21, 2017 06:35:51 pm
      What a lift that goal was after a pretty toothless first half! I gave Gigi man of the match purely for that moment!

Hats off to the players and the manager, I think most of us would have taken a spot back at the top table at the start of the season and hopefully this will spur the owners to spend the funds that are needed to bring some more talent into the club. It'll be only the 2nd time in 8 seasons so it's no mean feat and given the goners consistency over 20 years and the money the skim have spent it's an achievement to finish above both of those sides. Particularly without a decent centre-forward for most of the season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #377: May 21, 2017 06:38:26 pm
      For the first time in a while, we've actually got a shirt that I want to buy, rather than buying it just to have it.

Same here. Might not have to resort to buying a retro 1974 Cup Final shirt now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #378: May 21, 2017 06:38:57 pm
      Now that was the best birthday present I've had today, excellent win and all things considered a very satisfying season, bar January.

Now bring on transfer season madness, CL and our title win next season! :-)
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #379: May 21, 2017 06:39:25 pm
      Head off for Sydney in the AM for the LFC shindig after four-five hours of sleep. I'm getting f**king bollocksed when we get in there. What a day!  :drinking: :scarf:

Pffft I flew from Vegas last week on 1 hours sleep and had 23 hours of travel ahead of me after a full day! Bloke who kept kicking my chair on the plane really got both barrels after 9 hours of it!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #380: May 21, 2017 06:40:01 pm
      Great game, great win, 1st goal came at such an important time, and the 2nd tbf.

Giving MOTM for Gini, brilliant goal and all round performance.

Champions league here we come.

YNWA
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #381: May 21, 2017 06:42:41 pm
      Made up with that, you feel that this time our team is made to actually win in Europe. Similar to 05, not the best but always raised it for the big games and a manager who is perhaps better suited to the big games and being underdogs plays into our hands.

Hard work starts now, but tonight I'm gonna enjoy this.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #382: May 21, 2017 06:49:16 pm
      What a lift that goal was after a pretty toothless first half! I gave Gigi man of the match purely for that moment!

Really saved the day! It was an awful first half with the players failing to cope with the pressure and plenty of possession again. Anfield has been tough of late, and the 'inevitable' began to creep in.

0-0 HT would have been most uncomfortable. 15 mins in the team room knowing that as it stood, we were finishing 5th, and the frustration would have intensified.

But thanks to Gini, that all changed. A moment of brilliance. Perfect control and a finish!! Made all the difference.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #383: May 21, 2017 06:51:40 pm

Brilliant spot! Delighted to see Mbappe was at Anfield watching the game wearing his shirt.

Klopp said after the game that the work for the next season was already done and he had me bewildered, but now seeing that, I understand.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #384: May 21, 2017 06:53:01 pm
      GET IN THERE REDS!!!!

I must admit, and surely I'm not the only one, up until we scored I really thought it was going to be another one of those days where we just couldn't break down a team of bus parkers.

Wijnaldums goal was very much needed and it came at the perfect time. The tension lifted around the ground then and you could see how much more relaxed the players were too. It went to party mode then and to be honest it could have been 5, 6 or 7 by the end, it was like a training game for us.

Coutinho motm by a mile, he ran the game from centre mid again today. Surprised to see wijnaldum has so many votes because even though he scored a great goal, he was a passenger again today, especially in the first half.

Middlesbrough are probably the worst team I've seen at anfield this season, they were abysmal and I'm not surprised they've gone down based on that show. Even if the ref had given them a pen I'm confident we would have won anyway.

Their team might be poor but I thought their fans were a huge credit to their club today. They brought a good few thousand with them which I didn't expect considering they're already down and Middlesbrough is a bit of a hike, they had some banter during the match (just the usual cheering whenever they put three passes together etc) but what impressed me most was when they sang justice for the 96. They've really gone up in my books after that today, I really hope they bounce straight back now.

I'm so excited for the summer transfers and already I'm looking forward to next season. I hope were in the group of death in the CL and we have three top teams in our group (presuming we get to that stage). God how I've missed those special nights. Bring them all on. 

Well done lads on a long and tough season. And well done today, it was a very good performance.

It seems Lucas is definitely going so thank you for being such a great servant. You've overcome some unbelievable criticism during your time here and proved everybody wrong. An adopted scouser and your welcome back any time!

Id also say Sturridge is off too, he seemed to wave everybody goodbye before. Very sad because he is such a talent. Thanks for the memories Daniel and I hope your career gets back on track elsewhere and you can show the world what your capable of - just not against us.

Up the reds!!!!!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #385: May 21, 2017 06:58:29 pm
      Brilliant spot! Delighted to see Mbappe was at Anfield watching the game wearing his shirt.

Klopp said after the game that the work for the next season was already done and he had me bewildered, but now seeing that, I understand.

I'd be very worried if we had our business arranged already. A big thing has been made in the past about the quality of our signings without European football. We hadn't achieved it before today so can only imagine there'd be no top players?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #386: May 21, 2017 07:03:33 pm
      Needed to win, we won, great job. Now the real work begins.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #387: May 21, 2017 07:04:33 pm
      Great to be back in the Champion's League, especially at Arsenal's expense !
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #388: May 21, 2017 07:05:50 pm
      Great to be back in the Champion's League, especially at Arsenal's expense !

Let's hope Ajax do us another favour on Weds!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #389: May 21, 2017 07:06:14 pm
      Nice to go out (or get in) in style. I love this formation. It just gets so much more out of the players at our disposal. Having a natural striker makes such a difference as well. Great win, great result and great performance. Well done lads!
      Ya loving this formation suits the players we have and I feel it suits a high pressing game aswell.
      DanMann

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #390: May 21, 2017 07:12:06 pm
      I'd be very worried if we had our business arranged already. A big thing has been made in the past about the quality of our signings without European football. We hadn't achieved it before today so can only imagine there'd be no top players?

Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Quick Reply