Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v M'boro?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (0.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (0.9%)
      Emre Can
      7 (6.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      48 (43.2%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (4.5%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      40 (36%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (5.4%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (1.8%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: May 25, 2017 04:57:09 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Middlesbrough: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25091 times
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Middlesbrough: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: May 22, 2017 12:19:06 am
      I remember there being an image floating around of a Liverpool fan wearing a Balotelli shirt years ago (well before he joined) on a bus. I also remember when I was at school and it was between Man United & PSG as to who would sign Ronaldinho, a lad in the year above decided it'd be clever to go and get Ronaldinho's name on the back of his new United shirt only for him to then go and sign with PSG :D His mum went mental at him when she found out.

I don't know why some fans waste their hard earned money on stupid sh*t like that.

I think we can draw NICE, (Balotelli, if he is still with them next season) in our CL qualifying if they get through 3rd round.  :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #415: May 22, 2017 01:11:15 am
      Fantastic! Just discovered it on twitter so we will miss Napoli, Sevilla and Dortmund.

Which is a shame because I would love to have had Sevilla and to have kicked their puny arses into the Europa League - where they belong (they'd be the first to admit it, don't worry).

Dortmund have qualified automatically. Hoffenheim however are one of the unseeded teams.

The only team I'd want us to avoid from the unseeded teams is CSKA purely because a midweek trip to Russia at the start of the season would be an utter ball ache.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #416: May 22, 2017 02:57:42 am
      Ideal finish to the season,WELL DONE REDS. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #417: May 22, 2017 06:04:47 am
      Fantastic result, well done lads !!

Sadly i wasn't so active during the last months around here, didn't have much freetime.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #418: May 22, 2017 07:11:38 am
      We kept going until we got that goal and for that the boys deserve all the praise they can get. This team has got quality and the nature of 3 goals testify to that. Cant wait for CL! Cant stop smiling.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Reply #419: May 22, 2017 07:14:09 am
      Missed all of the first half but managed to catch the second.

Loved how we flew out the blocks and had it wrapped up and made certain after 10 minutes. Completely took any nerves out of it for us.

And what a hit from Coutinho. Think he needs to be just a little more consistent and he will be in that top tier of world players.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #420: May 22, 2017 08:26:54 am

What I like about it is that he didn't try his luck. Everyone could see that he hit a lot of these in Melwood. His accuracy is not a matter of luck, unlike our corner takers. His margin of error is so small.

I love players who work hard behind closed doors. This is when greatness and world class players are made. We've got one here in Philipe.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #421: May 22, 2017 10:27:36 am
      The more I see Wijnaldum's goal the better it looks - what a strike
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #422: May 22, 2017 10:29:02 am
      Obviously need to step up next season, with Champion's League football back. FSG need to back the club by getting their cheque book out, signing a few quality players, in the summer transfer window. Only then will Liverpool be in a serious position to compete, with the rest of Europe.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6713 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #423: May 22, 2017 10:59:20 am
      Get the F**k in. Well done lads. Had me bricking it for 43 minutes but the relief when we scored that 1st goal was immeasurable.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #424: May 22, 2017 12:51:54 pm
      I remember there being an image floating around of a Liverpool fan wearing a Balotelli shirt years ago (well before he joined) on a bus. I also remember when I was at school and it was between Man United & PSG as to who would sign Ronaldinho, a lad in the year above decided it'd be clever to go and get Ronaldinho's name on the back of his new United shirt only for him to then go and sign with PSG :D His mum went mental at him when she found out.

I don't know why some fans waste their hard earned money on stupid sh*t like that.

It's just stupid isn't it. And a slap in the face for the players who actually play for us. Should be supporting the players we actually have.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #425: May 22, 2017 01:37:04 pm
      Hope they with it Wenger deserves to after all he has done for the Club
      F**k him.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #426: May 22, 2017 01:39:17 pm

:D

Simple, concise and to the point. I agree.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #427: May 22, 2017 01:53:01 pm
      I liked it a lot, it reminded me of the days when Souness, Dalglish and co were playing in europe, going forward it was like watching the old days!

However that may be more to do with our old crap TV rather than the strip itself!

Almost Roma/Torino red. Looks so classy. At the risk of sounding like Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen I think it's 'regal red'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #428: May 22, 2017 02:38:10 pm
      Almost Roma/Torino red. Looks so classy. At the risk of sounding like Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen I think it's 'regal red'.

Referred to by New Balance as "Red Pepper"

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-kit/2017%2F18-home-kit/lfc-home-ls-jersey---elite/MT730002.html?dwvar_MT730002_color=Red%20Pepper#color=Red
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #429: May 22, 2017 03:40:20 pm
      Quote from mcarz
      The only team I'd want us to avoid from the unseeded teams is CSKA purely because a midweek trip to Russia at the start of the season would be an utter ball ache.

As opposed to going to Sydney now, or China/America, as we normally do?

The key thing early on was to be patient. So what if the other games were going against us, out task didn't change. They are sh*t, and even if they park the bus, they don't have the resources or the discipline to do it for 90 minutes solid. We were going to get chances, and once we took one, they would collapse in a heap, which they did.

I liked the third goal the most, brilliant counter attack, wonderful move, great finish. It would have been nice to join the goalfest other clubs had on the day, but a comfortable 3-0 win with 40 minutes to spare, it's hard to argue much with that.

Moan of the day though was so many tv shots of the crowd at 0-0, as if it was during second half injury time. That would have dominated media coverage of us all summer if that was the result, but there was still an hour left, and no reason for mass panic. Then we scored, and the only crowd shot afterwards was during YNWA at the end.

We had 29 live league tv games in the UK, the most ever, so we earned a fair amount of tv revenue. Hopefully it will be put to good use in the summer.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #430: May 22, 2017 03:49:41 pm
      As opposed to going to Sydney now, or China/America, as we normally do?

The key thing early on was to be patient. So what if the other games were going against us, out task didn't change. They are sh*t, and even if they park the bus, they don't have the resources or the discipline to do it for 90 minutes solid. We were going to get chances, and once we took one, they would collapse in a heap, which they did.

I liked the third goal the most, brilliant counter attack, wonderful move, great finish. It would have been nice to join the goalfest other clubs had on the day, but a comfortable 3-0 win with 40 minutes to spare, it's hard to argue much with that.

Moan of the day though was so many tv shots of the crowd at 0-0, as if it was during second half injury time. That would have dominated media coverage of us all summer if that was the result, but there was still an hour left, and no reason for mass panic. Then we scored, and the only crowd shot afterwards was during YNWA at the end.

We had 29 live league tv games in the UK, the most ever, so we earned a fair amount of tv revenue. Hopefully it will be put to good use in the summer.

Yeah because pre season/post season tours are totally the same.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,310 posts | 1521 
      Reply #431: May 22, 2017 04:19:13 pm
      After all the hit and miss of the first 40 mins. When gini hit that strike, I could almost hear him shouting,
      "F***ing have it" he hit it with such ferocity. Beautiful strike, and he was in and out of the action until then.
      Second half he took control and looked s different player.
      Amazing what a goal can do to release pressure. My MOTM.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #432: May 22, 2017 04:26:13 pm
      Can we just all get a bit erect at that Coutinho freekick though? What a player.

Think he was the only one in the first 40 actually trying to grab the game by the scruff and make sure we left with 3 points.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #433: May 22, 2017 04:56:23 pm
      Wenger has given the supporters CL football the past 19 seasons, throw in the odd title here and there,Fa and League cups and yet some of there supporters are still calling for his head... :f_doh: Makes no sense to me... Thats why if we do not enter the Europa league at any stage I would like to see Wenger win it, then retire as Arsenal manager and Arsenal become a mid table team for the next 10 season or so and see how those supporters like it then, It's the same with Man Utd, don't want to see them winning F**k all, but would like to see them smash Chelsea every time they play them... Any way F**k them  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #434: Jun 24, 2017 04:51:43 pm
      Brilliant spot! Delighted to see Mbappe was at Anfield watching the game wearing his shirt.

Klopp said after the game that the work for the next season was already done and he had me bewildered, but now seeing that, I understand.

According to the Times LFC will bid for Mbappe  if he wants to come to Anfield.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/liverpool-preparing-bid-for-mbappe-if-striker-seeks-move-to-premier-league-s6v285d8b

Quick Reply