Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Seasons Ratings

Read 3796 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Seasons Ratings
      May 22, 2017 10:43:34 pm
      My end of Year Ratings

9    Mane
      8     Coutinho
      7.5  Lallana, Klopp
      7     Hendo, Can, Gini, Matip, Migs
      6.5  Firmino
      6     Clyne, Lucas
      5.5  Milner, Sturridge, Origi
      5     Lovren, Klavan
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Seasons Ratings
      Reply #1: May 22, 2017 11:29:28 pm
      My end of Year Ratings

9    Mane
      8     Coutinho
      7.5  Lallana, Klopp
      6.5  Firmino
      6     Clyne, Lucas
      5     Lovren, Klavan

I'd say Klopp is a 5, partly because he gambled last Summer, partly because he refused to buy in January and mostly because he stubbornly stuck with a formation that wasn't working for far longer than he needed to. In other words he was as inconsistent as Lovren. At times great, others not so. Rest looks fair to me. Lucas scored in the cup so probably deserves an extra point just for the rarity of the event :P
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2: May 23, 2017 01:48:17 am
      My end of Year Ratings

9    Mane
      8     Coutinho
      7.5  Lallana, Klopp
      6.5  Firmino
      6     Clyne, Lucas
      5     Lovren, Klavan

9 - No one really, I would reserve a 9 for a performance like the Suarez season of 2013-2014, don't really see that on this team this year
      8.5 - Mane, Coutinho
      8 - Lallana
      7.5 - Matip
      7 - Firmino, Can, Gini, Mignolet, Hendo
      6.5  - Lucas, Clyne, Origi, Milner, TAA
      6 - Sturridge, Klavan, Lovren
      5.5 - Karius
      5 - Moreno

Klopp - 7
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: May 23, 2017 09:51:35 am
      I'll be a bit more generous with Jürgen and give him an 8.5/10. I don't think many expected to be so close to the top midway through the season. Only a month of sh*te (with our best player out) held us back from being closer to the top of the table. Achieved what was expected and more importantly started to build an identity within the team. Got the Mane and Matip transfers spot on and added valuable contributors in Gini and arguably Karius whose presence lit a flame underneath Mignolet's arse.

His repositioning of Bobby, Lallana and Milner (for half a season) proved to be masterstrokes and while Jimmy faded off in his effectiveness, to be able to achieve a top four spot with a right-footed midfielder beyond 30 years of age being retrained to play left back is commendable.

Still some flaws to iron out but all in all i think Jürgen did really well.

I won't go through every player's ratings but FWIW here's a couple:

Mane - 9.5
      Coutinho - 9
      Mignolet - 8.5
      Matip - 8.5
      Bobby - 8.5
      Lallana - 8
      Gini - 7
      Milner - 7

The bottom two were far too inconsistent and performed for half the season. Milner faded at the turn of the year but was superb before that and Gini didn't put in a performance away from Anfield all season which immediately wipes out half of the season.

Looking forward to next season to see what we add to a promising group of players and the development of those we already have!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4: May 23, 2017 01:31:53 pm
      I think there's been a lot of generous voting in here so far, no doubt on the back of sealing 4th place.

My ratings:

Migs: 6 Early on in the year he was very poor and rightly replaced by Karius. That competition has done him good and he's returned a much more confident and commanding player. His trend is upwards but he was starting from a very low position.

Karius: 6 I don't think he was anywhere near as bad as some will tell you. He started his run in the side very well but he did have his wobbles and Klopp's choice to go with Migs has been vidictated given the Belgian's form since then.

Milner: 6 Not the answer at LB, tries hard, always works his socks off but he isn't effective enough in the final or first third.

Lovren: 6.5 Far too inconsistent, he started the season very well and then dropped off at stages. On his best day he can look great but I always think there's an error lurking or a mental breakdown just around the corner and for that reason needs dropping down a peg in the pecking order.

Matip: 8.5 So few mistakes, commanding and consistent. Easily our best defender throughout the season and the only worry I have with him is in terms of fitness, when he's on the pitch I'm so much more confident in our ability to prevent goals scored and that's reflective in the stats I'd imagine.

Clyne: 5 Our worst player of the season in my opinion. Not going to go into why here, been done enough in his thread.

Trent: 6.5 This lad's trajectory is all one way, going to be a beast of a player and the sooner he takes over from Clyne the better.

Klavan: 6 Put in some solid performances early on and that seemed his level but just seemed to lose his way completely in his last few appearances. Decent back-up for the odd game but should be playing as little as possible next season.

Moreno: 5 Didn't really contribute, clearly on his way.

Can: 7 After having a very poor beginning to the year (later finding out playing through injury) I thought he made rapid improvement and began to look the player most of us thought he could be by the end of last season. Needs to keep that level of consistency and take it up another notch next season to secure this place in the side for a long time. Deserves a new contract and easy winner of goal of the season.

Wijnaldum: 6.5 I think he's been horribly inconsistent also, sometimes he looks very good and others you'd be forgiven for wondering was he playing. Definitely isn't the same player away from home and that's an issue moving forward, also don't think he puts in enough of a shift in the the defensive part of the game. A style over substance player in my opinion who needs to get stuck in more.

Lallana: 8 I thought he was going for player of the season for the first half of the season. He transformed the side when he was in it and his absence was always felt. His form dipped (17 games without a goal I heard) and that may be due to the long season and number of yards he puts in. Big fan of him in the midfield but it could become an issue with Cou there too as both simply wont work. A decision for Jürgen for sure, but from being one of his biggest critics the year before the shift in position made me one of his biggest fans, great year for Adam.

Henderson: 6.5 Had a couple of captain-like performances that unfortunately proved to be a break from the norm rather than what we can expect. If he could maintain that level he'd be sure to win back his place in the side but another than has a real issue with maintaining their consistency and put in far too many performances that are either easily or better forgotten. Injury worries a major issue moving forward.

Lucas: 7 Solid as ever, showing a creative side that some thought he didn't have and I'd love to keep him for another year or move as player/coach. Will be sad to see our best defensive midfielder leave and our best asset in the dressing room too.

Coutinho: 8.5 I don't think he's consistent enough yet, on his day he's by far our best player but those days are fleeting. Thankfully the level he drops to is usually also very good and only throws in the odd stinker. At the end of the season though I think we saw him in the position which will bring about the most consistency and allow him to really thrive in a creative sense. Another good year for Cou.

Mane: 9 Our player of the season, such a threat every game. Covers well and if you gave him a better RB to pair with you'd get even more from him. Real shame about the injury and just hope he can return in the same form. Brilliant year for Sadio.

Firmino: 8.5 So underappreciated it's funny, gives us so much going forward. Links play exceptionally well, creates more chances than anyone in the side, creates more space for others than anyone in the side. Wins back possession more than anyone in the attacking 3rd, puts in the hard yards every single game. At the start of the season I thought he could be a 15 goal / 15 assist player and in truth he should have been damn near that, wasn't clinical enough for the 15 goals, that's a fair criticism and honestly how he ended so low on the assist column only his team mates could explain, he can do little more than put them on a plate.

Sturridge: 6.5 Still a threat against the bus parkers but overall he doesn't bring anywhere near enough to be in contention for starts against better opposition. Is he a luxury we can afford to keep for another year when you consider how few games he plays, if we could swap him for someone who would truly compete for a place then I think we should.

Origi: 5.5 Had a brief spell where he played really well and then regressed into a horribly frustrating player. Felt like we were playing against 12 when he was playing and I've all but given up hope that his huge potential can be realised. There's a case to be made for loaning him out, I don't think he'd accept that with what we've heard in the media so I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved on.

Jürgen: 8 Taking this squad to top 4 is excellent progress for your first full year in charge. Now has to add that sprinkling of quality in the right places to push them on to true title contenders. I'm confident he can do it.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #5: May 23, 2017 02:24:18 pm
      My end of Year Ratings

9    Mane
      8     Coutinho
      7.5  Lallana, Klopp
      6.5  Firmino
      6     Clyne, Lucas
      5     Lovren, Klavan

That's bit low for Milner. People have forgotten what he did at the start of the season. I would easily give him 6.25 in based on your ratings. Remember he took penalties as well - yes, he missed one but we should forgive him for that.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #6: May 23, 2017 02:28:38 pm
      Not sure where to put this but this for me is the 'picture of the (early) season'.  ;D :lmao:

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: May 23, 2017 03:09:05 pm
      Of the ones mainly involved (not giving scores cos I'll have to start giving half points which seems weird!) so in order.

Mane

Coutinho, Klopp

Lallana, Matip, Firmino

Clyne, Can, Wijnaldum

Mignolet, Milner

Lovren
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #8: May 23, 2017 04:04:22 pm
      8 Lallana, Mane, Coutinho

7 Can, Miner, Matip, Wiljandum

6 Mignolet, Lucas,  Origi

5 Sturridge

4 Firmino, Lovren, Clyne

Jürgen 6.5 overall, 0/10 for January so could have had an 8-9
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #9: May 23, 2017 04:12:40 pm
      Not sure we've really had a 9 out of 10 player this season, really been a collective effort this year.

8.5 - Mane
      8 - Lallana, Coutinho, Klopp
      7.5 - Matip
      7 - Wijnaldum, Henderson
      6.5 - Can, Clyne, Mignolet, Milner
      6 - Firmino
      5.5 - Origi
      5 - Lovren

Don't think anyone else played enough to warrant a rating.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: May 23, 2017 05:07:01 pm
      8.5 - Mane, Coutinho
      8 - Lallana
      7.5 - Matip, Firmino
      7 - Can, Gini, Mignolet, Henderson
      6.5  - Origi,Lucas, Clyne, Milner, TAA
      6 - Sturridge, Lovren
      5.5 - Karius, Klavan
      4.5 - Moreno

Klopp - 7
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #11: May 23, 2017 05:36:27 pm
      8 Lallana, Mane, Coutinho

7 Can, Miner, Matip, Wiljandum

6 Mignolet, Lucas,  Origi

5 Sturridge

4 Firmino, Lovren, Clyne

Jürgen 6.5 overall, 0/10 for January so could have had an 8-9

Firmino a 4.

How'd you reach that one mate?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: May 23, 2017 05:46:42 pm
      Firmino a 4.

Jürgen would have a good chuckle at that one.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #13: May 23, 2017 06:01:15 pm
      7- Mane , Coutinho
      6- Lallana , Firmino
      5- Can , Gini , Henderson , Lucas , Lovren , Matip , Milner , Mignolet ,
      4- Clyne , Origi  , Karius
      Simply too many inconsistent clueless performances by too many players. The majority of those players will not bring trophies to Anfield.
      6.5- Klopp  expect better , needs to get more flexible and ruthless for next season.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #14: May 23, 2017 06:11:44 pm
      Firmino a 4.

Yeh, maybe a bit harsh, I was thinking back to a run of games when he went missing, just after the driving incident, could maybe go upto 6,  2 good goals against Swansea and that winner at Stoke. Can't say he had a memorable season though
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #15: May 23, 2017 06:24:48 pm
      7- Mane , Coutinho
      6- Lallana , Firmino
      Simply too many inconsistent clueless performances by too many players. The majority of those players will not bring trophies to Anfield.
      6.5- Klopp  expect better , needs to get more flexible and ruthless for next season.

Tied for 4th highest points total that this club has gotten since the start of the premier league...yup a bunch of inconsistent bottlers.  :roll:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #16: May 23, 2017 06:39:17 pm
      7- Mane , Coutinho
      6- Lallana , Firmino

Damn, you are a hard man to please!!!
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: May 23, 2017 10:33:33 pm
      Player of season for me: Coutinho.
      There was a period before Xmas, when we were flying, I thought Coutinho was playing absolutely out of his skin. Control at pace, passing, scoring, he was brilliant. We looked like we could challenge for the title. Then we took a dive after Xmas, Cou couldn't match his end of 2016 form when back from injury, but he was always positive, one of the few who you felt could (and did) pull us out of the bag, and capped of the year with another super goal to wrap up the final match (and score two in the 2nd last game to clinch that one).

Special mentions:
      Mane has been great, but has missed too much of the season imo to be as influencial as Cou. Matip has also grown into the CB role, and coming to end of season him and Lovren really started to look more comfortable. Lallana has been really good for periods too.  Finally Emre, after being the whipping boy for so long, took advantage of Hendo's absence and finished the season so much higher in everyone's estimation, and with possilbly the goal of the season.

Dodgy ones:
      Karius cost us points before Jürgen dropped him, and he couldn't get back in - poor first season for him. Moreno didn't get a look in. Klavan had a dip. Grujic dissappeared after lots of preseason. Felt a bit for Studge tho not getting played even when fit.

Young players:
      Some competent young players, but no Steven Gerrards (or even close) appear to be coming through right now, hopefully over time that changes.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #18: May 24, 2017 04:35:14 am
      I think there's been a lot of generous voting in here so far, no doubt on the back of sealing 4th place.

If that was our aim and we achieved it, surely the player ratings should reflect that?
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #19: May 24, 2017 05:44:38 am
      Tied for 4th highest points total that this club has gotten since the start of the premier league...yup a bunch of inconsistent bottlers.  :roll:
      Sorry , but i'm going by what i see on the pitch. These players seem incapable of staying focused and determined for 90 minutes and 2-3 games in a row. I've seen nothing convincing this season because you simply do not know what you are going to get one week from the next with these players.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #20: May 24, 2017 06:14:48 am
      Damn, you are a hard man to please!!!
      We finished in 4th place and the majority of the football played was a disjointed trudge . On the grand scheme of things we are a pretty poor team and none of the players deserve a 9 or 8 .
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: May 24, 2017 06:59:23 am
      Wasn't going to bother with this but after reading some of the efforts above I thought I may as well have a go...

Couldn't split Coutinho, Mane and Bobby,
      Same with Lallana & Milner, for me they were our best players throughout the season, the rest are imo a fair assumption of how they faired from August to May.....

Coutinho 8
      Mane 8
      Firmino 8
      Lallana 7.5
      Milner 7.5
      Can 7
      Gini 6.5
      Migs 6.5
      Matip 6.5
      Lovren 6
      Lucas 6
      Hendo 6
      Clyne 5.5
      Studge 5
      Origi 5
      Klavan 4.5

Klopp 7.5, to get us into a CL spot in his first full season is very encouraging for the future, Imagine what he can achieve when he adds quality?

As for the remainder, not enough playing time to give a fair assessment, except Moreno I've very kindly awarded a fair score...

YNWA

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #22: May 24, 2017 07:07:38 am
      Winter: Love the dark evenings, log fires, plenty of nights out, and anticipation for next year.

Spring: Cold fresh misty mornings, not too dark, or light in the mornings. A good balance.

Summer: Sunny, but hay fever is a big issue, the very short nights play havoc with sleep pattern.

Autumn: Just a downer, wet, leaves everywhere, Christmas adverts all the time, promises so much, bur delivers so little. Really needs to do better.

Quick Reply