Trending Topics

Next match: Chelsea v LFC [Premier League] Sun 22nd Sep @ 4:30 pm
      Stamford Bridge

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W14 D2 L7

Relaunched: Nokia 3310

Read 1863 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 34,788 posts | 4239 
      Relaunched: Nokia 3310
      May 25, 2017 09:15:10 am

The rebooted Nokia 3310 has gone on sale, nearly 17 years after the original made its debut.

The phone, which has a two megapixel camera and relies on 2.5G connectivity to offer only limited internet access, is being sold for £49.99.

The battery is claimed to offer up to 22 hours of talk time, and up to a month in standby mode.

One expert said its success depended on how much people would be willing to pay for a device that "oozes nostalgia".

"For someone like me, it's an exciting day," commented Ben Wood, from technology consultancy CCS Insight.

"If you put this in the hands of a millennial who's addicted to Snapchat, of course it's the wrong phone.

"But with over 20 million mobile phones in the UK, approximately one million are feature phones, or 'dumb phones' if you want to call them that. This is still a sizeable market.

"This is a premium version, so the question is how much are people willing to pay for that?"

I'd love to see the faces if you gave one of these to a teenager these days!
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,177 posts | 2858 
      Re: Relaunched: Nokia 3310
      Reply #1: May 25, 2017 11:11:07 am
      I'm going to get me one of those..

I had the blue fascia one..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,782 posts | 974 
      Reply #2: May 29, 2017 03:17:13 am

The 3310 was all I ever wanted when I was 15-16 (29 now)! :D The nostalgia side of me wants this, but reality is I'm very much used to being able to watch sports highlights, gamble, tweet, Facebook - all while on the shi**er 8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,094 posts | 3623 
      Reply #3: May 31, 2017 04:28:44 am
      The 3310 was all I ever wanted when I was 15-16 (29 now)! :D The nostalgia side of me wants this, but reality is I'm very much used to being able to watch sports highlights, gamble, tweet, Facebook - all while on the shi**er 8)

Yeah but can you play snake? ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,782 posts | 974 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2017 05:42:49 am

Of course!

Oh wait, on the phone? Sure there's an app for it 8)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,513 posts | 634 
      Reply #5: May 31, 2017 08:37:49 am
      I loved this phone  ;D I'd been a Nokia user all my life till recently I got myself a IPhone 7. There so easy to use for numpties like me who don't like change.  :D
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,436 posts | 1972 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Jul 23, 2017 03:12:31 pm
      Supposedly arriving to my front door on Tuesday after one hell of the shittiest customer service debacles by Vodafone.

Great network coverage for me, but f**k me, their employees that I have had dealings with are f**king useless.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,167 posts | 323 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #7: Mar 04, 2018 09:00:08 am

The rebooted Nokia 3310 has gone on sale, nearly 17 years after the original made its debut.

The phone, which has a two megapixel camera and relies on 2.5G connectivity to offer only limited internet access, is being sold for £49.99.

The battery is claimed to offer up to 22 hours of talk time, and up to a month in standby mode.

One expert said its success depended on how much people would be willing to pay for a device that "oozes nostalgia".

"For someone like me, it's an exciting day," commented Ben Wood, from technology consultancy CCS Insight.

"If you put this in the hands of a millennial who's addicted to Snapchat, of course it's the wrong phone.

"But with over 20 million mobile phones in the UK, approximately one million are feature phones, or 'dumb phones' if you want to call them that. This is still a sizeable market.

"This is a premium version, so the question is how much are people willing to pay for that?"

They look like those old Motorola phones that were supposed to look like snd compete against the Nokias.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,762 posts | 5102 
      • YNWA
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2018 04:24:33 pm
      I don't do smart phones because I've got an ipod touch which effectively covers most the apps I'd get on a smart phone anyway.

I've had my current phone since summer 2012 and now just thinking of a suitable replacement. Cheap, good battery life - it seems perfect. Worth getting?

Quick Reply