Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Relaunched: Nokia 3310

Read 6549 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Relaunched: Nokia 3310
      May 25, 2017 09:15:10 am

The rebooted Nokia 3310 has gone on sale, nearly 17 years after the original made its debut.

The phone, which has a two megapixel camera and relies on 2.5G connectivity to offer only limited internet access, is being sold for £49.99.

The battery is claimed to offer up to 22 hours of talk time, and up to a month in standby mode.

One expert said its success depended on how much people would be willing to pay for a device that "oozes nostalgia".

"For someone like me, it's an exciting day," commented Ben Wood, from technology consultancy CCS Insight.

"If you put this in the hands of a millennial who's addicted to Snapchat, of course it's the wrong phone.

"But with over 20 million mobile phones in the UK, approximately one million are feature phones, or 'dumb phones' if you want to call them that. This is still a sizeable market.

"This is a premium version, so the question is how much are people willing to pay for that?"

I'd love to see the faces if you gave one of these to a teenager these days!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Relaunched: Nokia 3310
      Reply #1: May 25, 2017 11:11:07 am
      I'm going to get me one of those..

I had the blue fascia one..
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #2: May 29, 2017 03:17:13 am

The 3310 was all I ever wanted when I was 15-16 (29 now)! :D The nostalgia side of me wants this, but reality is I'm very much used to being able to watch sports highlights, gamble, tweet, Facebook - all while on the shi**er 8)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: May 31, 2017 04:28:44 am
      The 3310 was all I ever wanted when I was 15-16 (29 now)! :D The nostalgia side of me wants this, but reality is I'm very much used to being able to watch sports highlights, gamble, tweet, Facebook - all while on the shi**er 8)

Yeah but can you play snake? ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #4: May 31, 2017 05:42:49 am

Of course!

Oh wait, on the phone? Sure there's an app for it 8)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: May 31, 2017 08:37:49 am
      I loved this phone  ;D I'd been a Nokia user all my life till recently I got myself a IPhone 7. There so easy to use for numpties like me who don't like change.  :D
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Jul 23, 2017 03:12:31 pm
      Supposedly arriving to my front door on Tuesday after one hell of the shittiest customer service debacles by Vodafone.

Great network coverage for me, but F**k me, their employees that I have had dealings with are F***ing useless.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #7: Mar 04, 2018 09:00:08 am

The rebooted Nokia 3310 has gone on sale, nearly 17 years after the original made its debut.

The phone, which has a two megapixel camera and relies on 2.5G connectivity to offer only limited internet access, is being sold for £49.99.

The battery is claimed to offer up to 22 hours of talk time, and up to a month in standby mode.

One expert said its success depended on how much people would be willing to pay for a device that "oozes nostalgia".

"For someone like me, it's an exciting day," commented Ben Wood, from technology consultancy CCS Insight.

"If you put this in the hands of a millennial who's addicted to Snapchat, of course it's the wrong phone.

"But with over 20 million mobile phones in the UK, approximately one million are feature phones, or 'dumb phones' if you want to call them that. This is still a sizeable market.

"This is a premium version, so the question is how much are people willing to pay for that?"

They look like those old Motorola phones that were supposed to look like snd compete against the Nokias.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #8: Mar 09, 2018 04:24:33 pm
      I don't do smart phones because I've got an ipod touch which effectively covers most the apps I'd get on a smart phone anyway.

I've had my current phone since summer 2012 and now just thinking of a suitable replacement. Cheap, good battery life - it seems perfect. Worth getting?
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #9: Oct 03, 2021 12:21:07 am
      I got one of these. It’s still going. The texts are limited though, you need to clear your inbox fairly frequently and quite a lot of times I’ve called the police or my voicemail whilst the phone has been in my pocket.

I have an iPhone at home which I use for sites like this and to check my emails and banking etc but Nokia 3310 is my pocket phone. It also means I’m not bowing my head looking at my phone all the time.

And as someone mentioned above, yes snake is still great! And the phone even has enough memory for about a dozen photos.
      What more can you ask for??
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: Dec 06, 2021 02:25:58 pm
      Until i had an IPhone i had always bought Nokias. My last Nokia was an X6 or X8. Then i was advised to get an IPhone, biggest mistake i ever made. Does anyone have any advice on what type of phone i can have without all the tracking bollocks and the other malarkey?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #11: Dec 06, 2021 02:27:58 pm
      I got one of these. It’s still going. The texts are limited though, you need to clear your inbox fairly frequently and quite a lot of times I’ve called the police or my voicemail whilst the phone has been in my pocket.

I have an iPhone at home which I use for sites like this and to check my emails and banking etc but Nokia 3310 is my pocket phone. It also means I’m not bowing my head looking at my phone all the time.

And as someone mentioned above, yes snake is still great! And the phone even has enough memory for about a dozen photos.
      What more can you ask for??

:lmao:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #12: Dec 06, 2021 03:05:21 pm
      I used to have one of these - a Nokia 5210 Sport -

[/img]

What a F***ing phone!

I'll tell you a little story. I once pulled into Chievely Services on the M4 (Junction 13) and went into the bog for a sh*t. I always used to put the phone in my pants rather than on the floor. Had my sh*t, got up, trousers on, wash hands and i'm away.

I'm driving down the motorway and i wonder where the F**k my phone is. Realise it was in my pants and must have fallen down the bog. Turned round at Hungerford junction and went back to the Services. Went into the bog and i sh*t you not (excuse the pun) the F***ing phone was still in the pan. The sh*t had been flushed and the phone had stayed there! I took the phone home, stripped it and put it on the radiatior overnight. Put it back together and it F***ing worked!

I swear to God that was the best phone i ever had. I'd only have to charge it every five days or so. It was F***ing awesome.

Now i have a F***ing IPhone that wants to know everything i do, wants to automatically update and sells my data to data harvesting companies!

Bring back the Nokias!

I was working on the railway last Xmas and this machine driver had a Nokia that fitted into the palm of his hand. It was F***ing tiny! I thought it was a Xmas cracker toy but he rang someone on it and was talking to them!

Anyone else seen one?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      Reply #13: Dec 06, 2021 03:08:32 pm

I think that's it.

Quick Reply