Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193179 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1150: Jul 22, 2017 11:21:17 pm
      Naby Keita to Liverpool: Reds agree £74.5m fee with RB Leipzig - sensational claim

LIVERPOOL have agreed a fee with RB Leipzig for Naby Keita, according to an incredible online claim.

Reports this week have suggested the Liverpool boss is prepared to splash out up to £70m on bringing Keita to England after seeing bids of £57.3m and £66m rejected.

And a sensational claim has now emerged that the Reds upped their offer on Friday night to ensure they get the 22-year-old on-board ahead of next season.

Winner Sports reckon Liverpool have agreed a deal in principle worth a whopping £74.5m (€83m).

They claim the majority of that fee, which would be a club-record, will be paid up front.

Winner Sports claim German sources close to negotiations opened up to them about the prospective move.

They apparently said: "It was in the best interest of all parties to accept this offer."

Winner Sports add that while the bid has supposedly been accepted, confirmation of a deal depends on the finer details, including payment structure, being approved by Leipzig sporting director Ralf Rangnick and co-owner Dietrich Mateschitz.

The website also claim sources have told them Leipzig are hoping to include a 10 per cent sell-on clause but that the request shouldn’t be an issue as the clubs try to hammer out a deal over the next week.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/631843/Naby-Keita-Liverpool-RB-Leipzig-Jürgen-Klopp-Transfer-Gossip-Rumours-Latest-LFC-News
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1151: Jul 22, 2017 11:25:23 pm
      Fake news.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #1152: Jul 22, 2017 11:35:53 pm
      This is happening. My spidey senses are tingling.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3951 
      Reply #1153: Jul 22, 2017 11:41:01 pm

The article contains more possibles, probables and proposals than you could shake a F***ing stick at. Tells you exactly what we all know anyway.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1154: Jul 22, 2017 11:51:22 pm
      winnersports, there's a name you just know are first in line when it comes to scoops. I mean if you could choose anyone to leak info to, there's everyone else and then there's winner.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1155: Jul 23, 2017 12:04:50 am
      The daily star as well...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1156: Jul 23, 2017 12:10:14 am
      I read it in the soil in my garden, think somebody carved it with a stick yesterday, that backs up the daily stars claim. I am just sorry I took so long to pass on the great news.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1157: Jul 23, 2017 03:20:20 am
      Perhaps if we actually offer more than £40 Million upfront we might have a better chance of landing this bloke.
      FRANS
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 551 posts | 19 
      Reply #1158: Jul 23, 2017 06:45:55 am
      If we get Keita and VVD hold on to Coutinho that will make us real EPL
      contenders.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #1159: Jul 23, 2017 07:54:47 am
      Did anyone watch us last season and think what we were lacking was more energy/creativity/whatever it is Keita has?
      The lad looks a cracking player and I suppose when a good player comes along you take him but for me our problem was a lack of width left side (and right when Mane wasn't about), a controlling Xabi esque play maker/defensive minded midfielder, a controlling steady influence at centre back that wasn't always injured and a striker that scores goals not to mention natural full backs competent at defending and attacking. Suppose I'm asking could this £75M be better allocated?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #1160: Jul 23, 2017 08:01:55 am
      Did anyone watch us last season and think what we were lacking was more energy/creativity/whatever it is Keita has?
      The lad looks a cracking player and I suppose when a good player comes along you take him but for me our problem was a lack of width left side (and right when Mane wasn't about), a controlling Xabi esque play maker/defensive minded midfielder, a controlling steady influence at centre back that wasn't always injured and a striker that scores goals not to mention natural full backs competent at defending and attacking. Suppose I'm asking could this £75M be better allocated?

Suppose so depends  on how much money free . CB for me would be main priority
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1161: Jul 23, 2017 08:45:36 am
      €83m does seem such a random figure.

I'm not sure how accurate the story is but if it is: it would be a further indication that policy is changing and that I welcome big time.😎

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 1205 
      Reply #1162: Jul 23, 2017 09:33:23 am
      The Daily Star is the Donald Trump of news.

Big league bullshitters....

This is the kind of story where anyone could take a punt and if you get it wrong; well it wasn't the source, it was that the deal changed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1163: Jul 23, 2017 10:06:12 am
      Out of all the media outlets, winnersports is the one with closest sources to RBL for this "scoop"? :D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1164: Jul 23, 2017 10:15:17 am
      Hmm....

Going to wait for better sources to come out before getting too excited. It could still be an FSG insider leaking to the press because it's a publicity stunt to bid 75 million as we all know.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1165: Jul 23, 2017 10:17:15 am
      Are people honestly choosing to believe winner sports? Why post that? :D

It shows how full of sh*t the Daily Star are that they feel the need to create an article based on a shitty claim from winner sports.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1166: Jul 23, 2017 10:30:15 am
      Are people honestly choosing to believe winner sports? Why post that? :D

It shows how full of sh*t the Daily Star are that they feel the need to create an article based on a shitty claim from winner sports.

You'll probably find (and I have no idea who or what the f**k winner sports are), that it's otherwise known as clutching at straws.

It's when desperation starts to kick in and the realisation that we're going to have another window of discontent that people look for any kind of sh*t to keep them optimistic - like the now infamous winner sports' story.  :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1167: Jul 23, 2017 10:48:29 am
      Going to wait for better sources to come out.

If better sources 'happen' then surely that would just validate the original source as being accurate. 🤔 😁

So... anyhows... to change the subject slightly - we have made huge bids by all accounts (even tho they said he's not for sale) - why?
      After all we hope that Barca respect Jürgen's "hands off"; why haven't we done the same?

Better still; yesterday, one tit assured me that the Couts/Barca story was 'press invention' - just after he boasted about Jürgen's 'stay the F**k away' to er... erm... Barca.  I love silly season; it's "like shooting ducks..." 😂😂

Moving on: there's still 39 days to go til the window closes - where does the time go? 😊
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1168: Jul 23, 2017 12:11:30 pm
      Nothing like some random "breaking news" to get traction for a lame site that no ones heard about.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1169: Jul 23, 2017 05:10:53 pm
      Sky reporting 3rd bid rejected and a senior source maintaining that he isn't for sale
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1170: Jul 23, 2017 05:11:57 pm
      Sky reporting 3rd bid rejected and a senior source maintaining that he isn't for sale

Yep, looks like no does mean no.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1171: Jul 23, 2017 05:38:23 pm
      Can we make sure we at least keep Emre Can if Keita is a no go.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #1172: Jul 23, 2017 05:43:16 pm
      Can we make sure we at least keep Emre Can if Keita is a no go.

What a consolation prize.

Quick Reply