Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193665 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #138: Jun 17, 2017 04:58:13 pm
      He's a tidy footballer alright; the type who could start in front of any of Gini,  Can or Hendo, without issue (imo).

Jürgen seems to rate him and, by all that's known, we have the money to buy him.

Will RB sell? Will we be the buyer, if they do? Time will tell, I suppose. 😒

Similar to Van Dijk & Southampton, he'll only be sold if we make a huge offer.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #139: Jun 17, 2017 05:02:50 pm
      Similar to Van Dijk & Southampton, he'll only be sold if we make a huge offer.

If by huge offer you mean £35m a mars bar and half eaten pack of Orios, he's ours.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #140: Jun 17, 2017 05:20:55 pm
      If by huge offer you mean £35m a mars bar and half eaten pack of Orios, he's ours.

That's the one issue I have will allowing Ayre to leave...no more free rides on the Harley for the selling club's execs.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #141: Jun 20, 2017 12:18:48 pm
      Anybody know what has happened with this, have UEFA made a decision?
      Might have a huge bearing on wether we can entice Keita.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/33855/10878880/rb-leipzig-set-to-miss-out-on-champions-league-due-to-uefa-ruling
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #142: Jun 20, 2017 01:10:56 pm

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/33855/10878880/rb-leipzig-set-to-miss-out-on-champions-league-due-to-uefa-ruling

Oh wow...that would be a huge blow. Surely they would have known that could happen and would have figured out a way to make contingencies. Nonetheless...I would think that would definitely put things in our favor, or at least put him in the driver's seat for pushing through a move. Still not so sure we'd stump up the cash it would likely take to bring him here.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #143: Jun 20, 2017 02:34:18 pm

Salzburg get the nod ahead of them as they finished higher in their league? But surely finishing 2nd in the German league counts for a lot more as it's a much stronger league?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #144: Jun 20, 2017 02:46:06 pm
      Salzburg get the nod ahead of them as they finished higher in their league? But surely finishing 2nd in the German league counts for a lot more as it's a much stronger league?

That's totally subjective though isn't it? There'd be no way for that to be enforced.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #145: Jun 20, 2017 06:59:37 pm
      Bollocks, I bet UEFA were paid a few bungs

https://twitter.com/bulijournal/status/877188592342360064
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #146: Jun 20, 2017 07:53:12 pm

Or they realised it's a stupid rule?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #147: Jun 20, 2017 08:24:07 pm
      Or they realised it's a stupid rule?

Not a stupid rule at all.  Owners of multiple teams could collude to ensure one of their teams makes it farther than another.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #148: Jun 20, 2017 08:30:41 pm
      Not a stupid rule at all.  Owners of multiple teams could collude to ensure one of their teams makes it farther than another.

Or if you're Real Madrid or Barcelona just collude with national government and footballing authorities and BINGO - multiple European Cup wins with a mere pat on the back!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #149: Jun 20, 2017 09:00:41 pm

I don't see that happening though. So long as they are run as two separate clubs, which they are, I say fair game.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #150: Jun 21, 2017 11:59:38 am
      'Scuse my ignorance but (with this 'news'), are we saying Red Bull won't sell Keita? 🤔
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #151: Jun 21, 2017 12:04:58 pm
      'Scuse my ignorance but (with this 'news'), are we saying Red Bull won't sell Keita? 🤔

I think before the 'news' we knew sod all about what is going to happen and I think that since this 'news' we still know sod all about what is going to happen, regardless of what people on Twitter and the media want to spout so it looks like they are 'ITK'.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #152: Jun 21, 2017 01:58:58 pm

I think the implication is, with CL football, they are more likely to be able to hold on to him (which I believe they desire  to do). This one has gone oddly quiet.  So either we've got something going on under the radar of all the ITK's and Journos.....or there's not much too it.

This was the target that I was (and still am) the least confident we'd have a shot  at actually getting. In fact I'd still say we  have a better chance at VVD than Keita and I don't think there's much of a chance of VVD.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #153: Jun 22, 2017 06:49:43 am
      Looking through the rumours, we might look into going back in for Piotr Zielinski.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #154: Jun 22, 2017 08:11:12 am
      Looking through the rumours, we might look into going back in for Piotr Zielinski.

We've not even made a move for Keita yet, the papers are just assuming we'll go for him because we were interested last year.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #155: Jun 22, 2017 08:40:47 am
      It's all right, guys. Sadio is on the case...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVKezAVnF3e/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #156: Jun 22, 2017 02:01:42 pm
      Ah F**k, something else the club will have to apologise for!!

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/877864134791921664
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #157: Jun 22, 2017 02:09:00 pm
      We've not even made a move for Keita yet, the papers are just assuming we'll go for him because we were interested last year.

Pearce seems pretty convinced we are going to bid for him once the Salah transfer is complete, but it also seems clear we will have to pay in excess of 50 million (insert currency of choice here). I've seen him enough to think he's worth it, and I think it is the kind of upgrade needed to go from a top four team to a legit title contender. It would give us serious depth in central midfoeld:
      Can, Keita, Coutinha
      Hendo, Gini, Lallana.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #158: Jun 22, 2017 03:45:00 pm
      Pearce seems pretty convinced we are going to bid for him once the Salah transfer is complete, but it also seems clear we will have to pay in excess of 50 million (insert currency of choice here). I've seen him enough to think he's worth it, and I think it is the kind of upgrade needed to go from a top four team to a legit title contender. It would give us serious depth in central midfoeld:
      Can, Keita, Coutinha
      Hendo, Gini, Lallana.

Problem with it is Keita is going to have to be the one to really push the deal; he has a long term deal, RB are in the CL, flush with cash and do not want to sell...so its going to be a tough one.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #159: Jun 22, 2017 03:50:07 pm

We were interested in him last year? WTF did we not go for him? I remember watching Soccer AM, and the scout/statistic person said Keita had one of the best stats for a midfielder in Europe, and that he would be the perfect replacement for Kante at Leicester if he were to leave.

I remember watching that and coming here and posting it, but no one knew wtf he was then! lmao.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #160: Jun 22, 2017 03:53:23 pm
      Problem with it is Keita is going to have to be the one to really push the deal; he has a long term deal, RB are in the CL, flush with cash and do not want to sell...so its going to be a tough one.

I literally have zero confidence that this will happen. Even less confidence than I do about VVD coming here, and I have about 1% confidence of that deal getting done.

Quick Reply