Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193698 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1564: Jul 29, 2017 02:31:07 pm
      As a comparative newcomer to the forum it is understandable that you may be a trifle perplexed by the negativity surrounding our owners.
      The same "dudes" who criticise JWH&Co have witnessed only a minimal improvement football-wise since the days of the confirmed fraudsters that were H&G, this in spite of promises to the contrary made by JWH himself on the hallowed turf of Anfield 7+ years ago.

You are hopefully aware of the club's history, it is not a forgone conclusion with some which is why I enquire, JWH it appears does not have the data to hand to reference the success previously enjoyed by this club, HIS interpretation of success differs to that of the vast majority of supporters.
      The eventuality of his promises does conveniently enough equate to the saving of capital, which reflects favourably on the market standing of the company.

This "dude" isn't "bitching" but pointing out a difference in priorities which never, ever leads to an achievement of mutual success.

Though I am new to the forum I have been following the club for about 5 years now. I understand that is nothing compared to most of you, and unlike many on this site I follow and am passionate about other teams and sports. However, in just a few years of following football and this club I have grown to love it and the said love surpasses my love for any other team I have (even the ones I have been following since I was a youngster). I am aware of the rich history LFC has had and want badly for it repeat itself. My name on this site speaks of how I am teaching my boys this rich history and want them to love the club the way all of you have, with it being in your blood and growing up with it. I understand the frustrations many of you must have, and it really perplexes me to see how FSG run the Redsox when in comparison to Liverpool (LFC is the black sheep for sure). They have spent big money on players throughout the years (Price $30 mil, Ramirez $23 mil, Porcello $20.5 mil just to name a few on this years team alone). The Sox have achieved greatness under FSG (3 World Series after 89 years without one). A big part of this was their GM being allowed to throw caution to the wind and acquire big names like Price, Sale, Lackey, and Ramirez over the years through trade and free agency. Yet these same luxuries are not provided to our club. Its frustrating!

But with all of that said I still don't understand why we must harp on this after every rumor of failing to acquire player comes out. There is nothing any of of us can do to change it. I also am big on judging things in their entirety, and this window is still open. Maybe the boys at FSG surprise us. Perhaps we look back at this summer 4 years from now and say "Solanke and Robertson were steals and they helped catalyst a league title".  Windows should be judged years later, not while its going on. In the short time of really following the windows I have been let down, and if the history is any indication I will probably be let down in a few weeks too, but I hold out hope mate.

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.
      Andy Dufrain  ;)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,420 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1565: Jul 29, 2017 02:48:58 pm
      Though I am new to the forum I have been following the club for about 5 years now. I understand that is nothing compared to most of you, and unlike many on this site I follow and am passionate about other teams and sports. However, in just a few years of following football and this club I have grown to love it and the said love surpasses my love for any other team I have (even the ones I have been following since I was a youngster). I am aware of the rich history LFC has had and want badly for it repeat itself. My name on this site speaks of how I am teaching my boys this rich history and want them to love the club the way all of you have, with it being in your blood and growing up with it. I understand the frustrations many of you must have, and it really perplexes me to see how FSG run the Redsox when in comparison to Liverpool (LFC is the black sheep for sure). They have spent big money on players throughout the years (Price $30 mil, Ramirez $23 mil, Porcello $20.5 mil just to name a few on this years team alone). The Sox have achieved greatness under FSG (3 World Series after 89 years without one). A big part of this was their GM being allowed to throw caution to the wind and acquire big names like Price, Sale, Lackey, and Ramirez over the years through trade and free agency. Yet these same luxuries are not provided to our club. Its frustrating!

But with all of that said I still don't understand why we must harp on this after every rumor of failing to acquire player comes out. There is nothing any of of us can do to change it. I also am big on judging things in their entirety, and this window is still open. Maybe the boys at FSG surprise us. Perhaps we look back at this summer 4 years from now and say "Solanke and Robertson were steals and they helped catalyst a league title".  Windows should be judged years later, not while its going on. In the short time of really following the windows I have been let down, and if the history is any indication I will probably be let down in a few weeks too, but I hold out hope mate.

Andy Dufrain  ;)

It"s the hope that kills you as a football fan, almost  used to the despair
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #1566: Jul 29, 2017 03:00:36 pm

Andy Dufrain  ;)

Good things die all the time, Andy Dufrain was full of crap.

Feel free to be optimistic, but don't tell us we don't have hope just because we are critical of our transfer dealings.

You can have plenty of hope but still be realistic about what's really going on. I HOPE Klopp can improve our squad in spite of the small amount of talent brought in at this point. Especially since he himself wanted to add more quality than he has so far.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1567: Jul 29, 2017 03:08:19 pm

Andy Dufrain  ;)

A good response and I commend you for it, glad to say you took no offence at my observation that you are a relative new kid on the block with regards to the institution that is Liverpool FC, your reply is well thought out and a model of plausibility.

Unfortunately the word 'hope' appears again in closing your post, I say 'again' because everyone including those that side with FSG, have used the word season after season in vain.
      This season we hope will not be the same but expectations are being dashed on a daily basis, a precursor for the Prem and CL confrontations?

Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1568: Jul 29, 2017 03:17:59 pm
      Good things die all the time, Andy Dufrain was full of crap.

Feel free to be optimistic, but don't tell us we don't have hope just because we are critical of our transfer dealings.

You can have plenty of hope but still be realistic about what's really going on. I HOPE Klopp can improve our squad in spite of the small amount of talent brought in at this point. Especially since he himself wanted to add more quality than he has so far.

I didn't say anything about anyone not having hope, just that I had it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1569: Jul 29, 2017 03:19:38 pm

Andy Dufrain  ;)

The issue you have is thinking a football club and a baseball club are and should be ran the same way. There's also the fact that you pretend like our previous managers/TC's haven't spent big money. They have but they've pissed it all down the drain.

Either way, why has yet another thread turned into a FSG bi*ch fest? It's F***ing boring.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1570: Jul 29, 2017 03:24:27 pm
      A good response and I commend you for it, glad to say you took no offence at my observation that you are a relative new kid on the block with regards to the institution that is Liverpool FC, your reply is well thought out and a model of plausibility.

Unfortunately the word 'hope' appears again in closing your post, I say 'again' because everyone including those that side with FSG, have used the word season after season in vain.
      This season we hope will not be the same but expectations are being dashed on a daily basis, a precursor for the Prem and CL confrontations?

Thanks. And I get your points! Still, there is time to salvage this window and build for the seasons ahead. Lets wait for FSG to mess this up instead of just assuming they will. Klopp will almost certainly have alternatives in the matter. Perhaps they are names that will interest us and make the squad better.

I'm a glass half full kind of guy and I have come up a Chicago Cubs fan, a team that went from 1908-2016 in between titles. I am conditioned for this, it's all I know.  :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1571: Jul 29, 2017 03:30:58 pm
      The issue you have is thinking a football club and a baseball club are and should be ran the same way. There's also the fact that you pretend like our previous managers/TC's haven't spent big money. They have but they've pissed it all down the drain.

Either way, why has yet another thread turned into a FSG bi*ch fest? It's f**king boring.

Just my point, I started these responses by saying the same thing.

And to your first point ALL sports are run the same in that they rely on scouting. You can spend all you want, but it will mean nothing but sh*t if you haven't done your homework. It's why I said we shouldn't be upset during the window but to give Klopp and the club time to see how these signings pan out. Spending is nice, don't get me wrong. But there are managers in all sports that have made their living on recruiting, buying, hiring, etc. the kind of guys who buy into your system and over achieve throughout the entirety of their careers.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,502 posts | 1495 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #1572: Jul 29, 2017 03:50:50 pm
      Convinced now. Twitter, for all its detractors, has taught me one thing, "they" know as much as you or I do.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1573: Jul 29, 2017 04:00:03 pm
      Convinced now. Twitter, for all its detractors, has taught me one thing, "they" know as much as you or I do.

;) :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035: :action-smiley-035:
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #1574: Jul 29, 2017 04:04:50 pm
      Hahaha Andy Dufresne is one of the lids.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,420 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1575: Jul 29, 2017 04:27:30 pm

Surprised that it has taken you that long
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1576: Jul 29, 2017 04:46:47 pm
      I'm not showing anything towards them, faith or no faith, just saying a possible scenario because surely we would have had alternatives? We've always had an alternative, whether it's the likes of Balotelli or someone better, there has always been someone.

I thought we only switched to Balotelli after Sanchez snubbed us? He was more of a panic buy rather than an alternative wasn't he. Still remember Brendan coming out "categorically" denying any intention of buying Balotelli earlier that summer.
      If anything, I truly hope that's not how we operate this time.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1577: Jul 29, 2017 05:06:55 pm
      I thought we only switched to Balotelli after Sanchez snubbed us? He was more of a panic buy rather than an alternative wasn't he. Still remember Brendan coming out "categorically" denying any intention of buying Balotelli earlier that summer.

Either way, it was still an alternative.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1578: Jul 29, 2017 05:06:56 pm
      Rodgers and FSG let Suarez go for 65m and only later we found that it that cheap from Barca. 30m + Benteke is not a Suarez. FSG were Idiots and they must be regretting it. Hopefully they've learnt. All that missed top four money and CL prize money they could have had.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1579: Jul 29, 2017 06:14:47 pm

Your surprised by our skepticism!?!

We once tried and failed to sign Clint Dempsey.

Thank F**k as I've never rated that yank c**t!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #1580: Jul 29, 2017 06:22:43 pm

Sanchez snubbed us then we had Remy lined up until he took a medical in the U.S and that deal got fu**ed off, then it was down to an option of Balotelli for £14.5 million or Sammi Eto'o on a free, we opted for Balotelli.

green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1581: Jul 29, 2017 06:57:58 pm
      Sanchez snubbed us then we had Remy lined up until he took a medical in the U.S and that deal got fu**ed off, then it was down to an option of Balotelli for £14.5 million or Sammi Eto'o on a free, we opted for Balotelli.

Forgot about Remy. I think we should write a book - "1000 ways to fail to sign players".
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #1582: Jul 29, 2017 07:24:55 pm
      Thank F**k as I've never rated that yank c**t!!
      I didn't think we should sign him.  I was hoping he'd go to New York Red Bull's as I'm a fan of them and go to most games.

As far as the "Yank c**t" bit

As you would say, "Wind your neck in soft lad."
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,162 posts | 1092 
      Reply #1583: Jul 29, 2017 08:11:20 pm
      Though it failed at Tottenham we "Yanks" have to love our boy Dempsey. I'm so ready for him to take the all time goal lead all on his own over Donovan. Donovan is why most of u, my British brothers, find us so annoying. Donovan is a weak ass busta
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1584: Jul 29, 2017 08:59:50 pm
      Thank f**k goodness as I've never rated that yank c**t!!him.
      See how much more respectful you could have been?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #1585: Jul 29, 2017 09:20:44 pm
      The Daily Star/Michael Winner Sports were talking sh*te then...surprise, surprise

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1586: Jul 29, 2017 09:22:49 pm
      See how much more respectful you could have been?

See how much better this would have been.

Quick Reply