Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W4 D7 L4

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 92616 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,474 posts | 463 
      Re: Naby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #1920: Aug 28, 2017 05:56:11 pm
      They've found a way to do something both sides can live with, plus the way fees are going it may end up looking even better value.

Well done!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,264 posts | 3200 
      Reply #1921: Aug 28, 2017 06:00:47 pm
      Sky sources revealing Oxlaide Chamberlain is off to chelsea.

Meh.

They must  not have watched the game yesterday ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,388 posts | 206 
      Reply #1922: Aug 28, 2017 06:02:31 pm
      From RAWK -

Here is the structure of the #Keita deal:

• €65m guaranteed
      + €5m added for EL qualification
      + additional €5m for CL qualification

Brilliant deal that!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1923: Aug 28, 2017 06:46:30 pm
      From RAWK -

Here is the structure of the #Keita deal:

• €65m guaranteed
      + €5m added for EL qualification
      + additional €5m for CL qualification

Brilliant deal that!

Amazing, can't quite believe it.

Well done Klopp, who said you can't attract the top stars when you have a top manager, by rights Barca, Bayern and many prem sides sniffing around and we've got this deal over the line. I'm over the moon with this news, exactly what we need and as I said earlier in the thread, if there's a player worth waiting for this is the lad!

Get the f**k in!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1924: Aug 28, 2017 06:48:58 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,264 posts | 3200 
      Reply #1925: Aug 28, 2017 06:51:56 pm

Ok, even though we won't get him till next summer, that's a pretty sweet deal if we can't have him now.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 777 posts | 58 
      Reply #1926: Aug 28, 2017 06:54:33 pm
      Still nothing on the offal?
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,765 posts | 1640 
      Reply #1927: Aug 28, 2017 06:55:42 pm
      Ok, even though we won't get him till next summer, that's a pretty sweet deal if we can't have him now.

Yup, much more closer to the 30-50 million range being spoken of when the window opened then the 70-80 we were all talking about a few weeks ago.

This is this..you keep Coutinho...and his replacement is already done for when he leaves...our biggest worry is spending the money on replacements for quality players that leave..this is a case of doing it right, doing it early and and a clear plan of moving forward.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,131 posts | 1789 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #1928: Aug 28, 2017 06:59:39 pm
      WELL FUCK MY LUCK, IT'S A DONE DEAL,

And what a signing? Naby is going to rip the prem a new one, can't f**king wait, it also means Coutinho will most probably get his move IF Catalonia Utd come back in for him, £150m will suffice please muther fuckers and not a peseta less,

IF we can get VVD in by Thurs it will seriously enhance our title prospects, GET IT FUCKING DONE ALREADY FSG !!!!!

YNWA
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,264 posts | 3200 
      Reply #1929: Aug 28, 2017 07:00:27 pm
      Yup, much more closer to the 30-50 million range being spoken of when the window opened then the 70-80 we were all talking about a few weeks ago.

This is this..you keep Coutinho...and his replacement is already done for when he leaves...our biggest worry is spending the money on replacements for quality players that leave..this is a case of doing it right, doing it early and and a clear plan of moving forward.

From what I've read, he's more Can's replacement. Coutinho's is this Lemar character.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,264 posts | 3200 
      Reply #1930: Aug 28, 2017 07:01:41 pm
      WELL FUCK MY LUCK, IT'S A DONE DEAL,

And what a signing? Naby is going to rip the prem a new one, can't f**king wait, it also means Coutinho will most probably get his move IF Catalonia Utd come back in for him, £150m will suffice please muther fuckers and not a peseta less,

IF we can get VVD in by Thurs it will seriously enhance our title prospects, GET IT FUCKING DONE ALREADY FSG !!!!!

YNWA

It's a done deal for next year Billy....so pump the brakes a little. We still need signings to help us THIS year.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,765 posts | 1640 
      Reply #1931: Aug 28, 2017 07:03:30 pm
      From what I've read, he's more Can's replacement. Coutinho's is this Lemar character.

I think Lemar is more of a we need more speed and top 3 player in every week with rotation of Mane/Salah then a Coutinho replacement...but we shall see.

At least we are not linked with and purchasing dross players.

Jürgen doesn't do dross it appears.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1932: Aug 28, 2017 08:05:08 pm
      I don't like the deal, but I can understand. LFC was in fear that next season the likes of Real or Barca would have knocked Keita's door and he may have dumped LFC for the bigger names. (But of course that sh*t could still happen as we see with Cuntinho, therefore it's so important that LFC stays iron-hard with Cunti to make a point.)

Any details about the contract? Buy-out clause? length?

Here's the down side and let me paint it in a picture: Let's say I do buy your - for the sake of the argument - hot wife for next year. I bet we all know what u would do with her up to that time, she'd bascially fall flat into my house out of exhaustion. I'm afraid RB will work up Keita similiarly (you know what I mean).
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,778 posts | 1590 
      Reply #1933: Aug 28, 2017 08:16:28 pm
      I don't like the deal, but I can understand. LFC was in fear that next season the likes of Real or Barca would have knocked Keita's door and he may have dumped LFC for the bigger names. (But of course that sh*t could still happen as we see with Cuntinho, therefore it's so important that LFC stays iron-hard with Cunti to make a point.)

Any details about the contract? Buy-out clause? length?

Here's the down side and let me paint it in a picture: Let's say I do buy your - for the sake of the argument - hot wife for next year. I bet we all know what u would do with her up to that time, she'd bascially fall flat into my house out of exhaustion. I'm afraid RB will work up Keita similiarly (you know what I mean).

I think you are guilty of expecting everyone to be as spiteful as you perhaps are, BTW how can you work a footballer to hard, won't he just get injured?
      ORCHARD RED
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,098 posts | 1316 
      • 5 Times!
      Reply #1934: Aug 28, 2017 08:17:24 pm
      I swear to f**k if he does his Cruciate in at the end of this season I'll cry!
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,765 posts | 1640 
      Reply #1935: Aug 28, 2017 08:23:21 pm
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #1936: Aug 28, 2017 08:23:26 pm
      I think you are guilty of expecting everyone to be as spiteful as you perhaps are,

Look into the world, that's the reality I am afraid.

BTW how can you work a footballer to hard, won't he just get injured?

Yes, and? RB has no interest to have Keita healthy beyond July 1st, 2018. So you trust people that work in a business that has no honor, no pride, just more and more low's of morality every year. I'd be slightly doubtful that they behave textbook-like.

heimdall

• 7,778 posts | 1590 
      Reply #1937: Aug 28, 2017 08:26:26 pm
      Look into the world, that's the reality I am afraid.

Yes, and? RB has no interest to have Keita healthy beyond July 1st, 2018. So you trust people that work in a business that has no honor, no pride, just more and more low's of morality every year. I'd be slightly doubtful that they behave textbook-like.

If that happened Keita would just feign a back injury perhaps ;) In all seriousness I don't think you could do that to a player in this day and age, far to much spotlight and attention.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,382 posts | 1232 
      Reply #1938: Aug 28, 2017 08:26:58 pm
      I don't think Can is going.
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,732 posts | 97 
      Reply #1939: Aug 28, 2017 08:27:11 pm
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,765 posts | 1640 
      Reply #1940: Aug 28, 2017 08:28:08 pm

Yah I don't think it's photo shopped.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1941: Aug 28, 2017 08:28:28 pm

Ah but it's a fake, real picture. Didn't you know the new 'thing' is to be fake before it's real, that's the real fake news, no faking.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,225 posts | 2958 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1942: Aug 28, 2017 08:30:09 pm
      Talk of Barca wanting him....sorry, he's already gone. Another failure for Barca hopefully.

Shame we don't get Keita now but at least we will get him.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,382 posts | 1232 
      Reply #1943: Aug 28, 2017 08:32:36 pm
      The way I see it, next season Coutinho is gone for 140m. We get Keita for 60m and net 80m. That 80m will go on centre backs. I think Keita looks stronger in the middle than Coutinho, lets face it... Coutinho is hardly a brick wall in the midfield.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,410 posts | 1861 
      Reply #1944: Aug 28, 2017 08:35:07 pm
      Good news but don't get the point in a medical now given he's an entire season to play for another club.

Surely the deal should be subject to a medical next summer?
      RedWilly

• 7,462 posts | 860 
      Reply #1945: Aug 28, 2017 08:37:32 pm
      Well we can't complain about us not getting our business done early next year :D

Delighted to see this over the line as by all accounts he was Klopps top choice.
      « Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017 08:54:13 pm by RedWilly »
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 210 
      Reply #1946: Aug 28, 2017 08:43:31 pm
      Dude, this is amazing. So we keep Couts (more than likley) for one more year than sell him off for a crap load of money and we already have his replacement signed? Before we get the bank for Phil? I'm sold. Not only that but he is our mangers top OPTION.  :clap: :aaliverpool2xt1: :mixed-smiley-009:

I'm staring to think Thursday wont be as dreary as many exspected. YNWA boys
      sell73out
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #1947: Aug 28, 2017 08:52:18 pm
      Good news but don't get the point in a medical now given he's an entire season to play for another club.

Surely the deal should be subject to a medical next summer?

Medicals aren't just for fitness or injury at the moment.
      They're used to check historic records, look for anything that could be problematic in the future, any tendency towards particular injuries, etc. As well as general fitness and health. There's much more to it than 'he's fit to play for us next week'.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,669 posts | 759 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1948: Aug 28, 2017 09:01:42 pm
      Shame can't get this guy for this season. He looks like a great prospect.
      If true and he's coming next season, it's a top signing in the bank.
      Was hoping planA was for this season !! :)
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,071 posts | 195 
      Reply #1949: Aug 28, 2017 09:08:02 pm
      Good stuff. I've not actually seen the guy play, but there seems to be universal agreement that he's the dog's nadgers, so I'll take that. Jürgen maybe hasn't signed that many players, but he seems to mostly get good ones.

We're ok in CM positions for this season as far as I'm concerned ( it's a Coutinho alternative/backup we need now) so I'm happy to wait a year for Keita.

Quick Reply