Trending Topics

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 193932 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #92: Jun 02, 2017 12:36:55 pm
      "We opened with a quiz, and so we’ll close with a quiz. All these stats refer to players who played only in midfield and logged at least 2,000 minutes.

Player number one: he was the busiest player in the league, making 87.4 passes per 90 minutes.

Player number two: he had the best touch in the league among midfielders, guilty of only 0.4 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes.

Player number three: he was the hardest midfielder to dispossess, losing the ball to an opponent only 0.5 times per 90 minutes.

Take your time on this one.

Need hints? All three of these players played for a team in red shirts.

More? All three of these players wore number 14.

The answers? Jordan Henderson, Jordan Henderson, and Jordan Henderson. And from now on, that’s JFH for short."

Jog on

His passing % mean F**k all imo, and quite frankly, he has been too safe/negative in that department, and I do remember a lot of people wanting a deep lying playmaker or a ball player next to Hendo.  However, I would say his defensive contribution has been exceptional.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #93: Jun 02, 2017 01:13:01 pm
      "We opened with a quiz, and so we’ll close with a quiz. All these stats refer to players who played only in midfield and logged at least 2,000 minutes.

Player number one: he was the busiest player in the league, making 87.4 passes per 90 minutes.

Player number two: he had the best touch in the league among midfielders, guilty of only 0.4 unsuccessful touches per 90 minutes.

Player number three: he was the hardest midfielder to dispossess, losing the ball to an opponent only 0.5 times per 90 minutes.

The answers? Jordan Henderson, Jordan Henderson, and Jordan Henderson. And from now on, that’s JFH for short."

Jog on

What the stat for goals and assists compared to other midfielders in the league?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #94: Jun 02, 2017 02:30:13 pm
      If he sends Henderson to the bench, I'm all for it.

Why?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #95: Jun 02, 2017 02:36:34 pm

You had to ask  :laugh:

Cue the rant full of half truths and lies, backed with "I believe the evidence of my own eyes" that we usually get  :laugh:

Henderson gets so much undeserved stick, and IMO he is a very, very good player.
      It seems that for some, his main fault is he's not Gerrard or Souness.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #96: Jun 02, 2017 02:38:48 pm

Jog on

not the biggest hendo fan nor do i think he is bad as some people here think but all the stats you mentioned actually doesnt matter. Lets take can for example, he loses the ball more then hendo but then again he tries to produce more then hendo too. 
      Too many times hendo passes it sideways and doesnt take the risk. Cou losses ball alot too, but then he produce magic aswell. Hendo rarely rarely does that.
      We need a CM who can produce more, or get it rolling much faster then hendo does. We need a real link up player who gets it out from the defense and pass it to the attackers.

What i am trying to say is, stats doesnt paint the whole picture.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #97: Jun 02, 2017 02:48:52 pm

Cue the rant full of half truths and lies, backed with "I believe the evidence of my own eyes" that we usually get  :laugh:

Henderson gets so much undeserved stick, and IMO he is a very, very good player.

I'm just looking forward to seeing his reasons and if he gives any credit to him at all. He went missing for the months Hendo was fit this season as he'd nothing to moan about and he's too stubborn to admit when he's wrong
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #98: Jun 02, 2017 02:54:22 pm
      I'm just looking forward to seeing his reasons and if he gives any credit to him at all. He went missing for the months Hendo was fit this season as he'd nothing to moan about and he's too stubborn to admit when he's wrong

Leopards, spots, it'll be the same tired old tripe he always spouts.

When I see people post "I believe the evidence of my own eyes", I always think about why the Police and CPS put so little store in eyewitness reports ;)

It's one of the reasons I always watch a match at least twice, and I'm always surprised by what I missed the first time.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #99: Jun 02, 2017 03:06:05 pm
      Pretty sure Hendo has his own thread, go play in it.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #100: Jun 02, 2017 04:00:55 pm
      Without Hendo in the team, we have struggled like F**k. He is the glue that holds the system together in my eyes.

In regards to Keita, strength in depth. I don't want to start the season with Lucas as our only option if Hendo, Can are out.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #101: Jun 02, 2017 04:40:10 pm

Good player yes, but will he be available for selection?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #102: Jun 02, 2017 04:46:14 pm
      Good player yes, but will he be available for selection?

I think so.
      His problems aren't structural really, and nor is it a persistent muscle problem.
      2 injuries to his feet, heels I think.
      Not really a problem for the long term unless he has some sort of "condition" which means his feet are prone to injury, and tbh I  can't think of anything like that, although if someone has medical knowledge they could let us know.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #103: Jun 02, 2017 07:56:12 pm
      So saw in the telegraph that RB would want £40m for Keita.

We should be jumping on that deal right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #104: Jun 02, 2017 09:44:00 pm

We will.

As soon as the Salah deal is done.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #105: Jun 02, 2017 09:48:45 pm

Saw the other day Keita apparently isn't prepared to make any decisions on his future until after his holiday. Make of that what you will.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #106: Jun 02, 2017 09:56:51 pm
      Saw the other day Keita apparently isn't prepared to make any decisions on his future until after his holiday. Make of that what you will.

Do the African nations have any international games coming up like the Europeans do? Could give us an idea of when that kind of decision could be made if he's waiting until then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #107: Jun 03, 2017 02:44:03 am
      I think so.
      His problems aren't structural really, and nor is it a persistent muscle problem.
      2 injuries to his feet, heels I think.
      Not really a problem for the long term unless he has some sort of "condition" which means his feet are prone to injury, and tbh I  can't think of anything like that, although if someone has medical knowledge they could let us know.

I thought it was plantar fasciitis which is  definitely a condition that affects some people based on their foot structure. Maybe this 2nd tie it was something else, but I know it's affected him for pretty good spells of the past two seasons. Hopefully this season he can stay free from it, or other injuries.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #108: Jun 03, 2017 06:05:15 pm
      I thought it was plantar fasciitis which is  definitely a condition that affects some people based on their foot structure. Maybe this 2nd tie it was something else, but I know it's affected him for pretty good spells of the past two seasons. Hopefully this season he can stay free from it, or other injuries.

2nd time was a different injury as far as I know.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #109: Jun 03, 2017 10:03:59 pm

Plantar fasciitis is a problem that is manageable in an average lifestyle.
      As a pro footballer, the amount of stress you put on your feet, this condition is very difficult to manage.
      I'd be surprised if it wasn't career threatening to be honest.
      Not sure if it's even operable !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #110: Jun 04, 2017 12:21:50 am
      So Keita has plantar fasciitis?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #111: Jun 04, 2017 12:31:26 am

Subtle. ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #112: Jun 04, 2017 12:42:30 am

Yes.  AND he will miss a month every 2 seasons.....   

PASS!!!!

:f_tongueincheek:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #113: Jun 04, 2017 09:09:01 pm

Yeah, seems I drifted off topic a wee bit there. How we got onto Hendo I don't recall 😳

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #114: Jun 04, 2017 09:13:33 pm
      Yes.  AND he will miss a month every 2 seasons.....   

PASS!!!!

:f_tongueincheek:
      I thought he was Spanish until I read that  :-\

Quick Reply